Best Asset/Flaw for MUxChrom Lucina (Lord ending class)

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best asset for MU to pass to Lucina?

• Speed
    • Strength
    • HP
    • Skill
    • Resistance
    • Defence
    • Luck
    • Magic
  2. 2. What is the best flaw for MU to pass to Lucina?

• Resistance
    • Defence
    • Luck
    • Magic
    • Speed
    • Skill
    • Strength
    • HP

Essentially, what the title says, what is the best Assest/Flaw for MU to pass on to Lucina? Just one catch though, I want to keep Morgan perfectly useable so having an Asset/Flaw that cripples Morgan is out of the question.

Heres a link showing how the Asset and Flaws affect MU.

Edited by N7 Dynames

Why is there an incomplete selection, for both asset and flaw?

For example, some people like their +Mag Lucina, especially since that also boosts Spd.

Anyways, of the choices, I'd go +Spd/-Lck, because I love my Spd, and Skill isn't a bad thing to get out of it either.

Why is there an incomplete selection, for both asset and flaw?

For example, some people like their +Mag Lucina, especially since that also boosts Spd.

Anyways, of the choices, I'd go +Spd/-Lck, because I love my Spd, and Skill isn't a bad thing to get out of it either.

I suppose I lied when I said best, there are come options id never use even if people voted for them which wouldn't really help me. I probably should have stated I'll be using Lucina as a Lord.

I guess the real question is, what class are you intending to have Morgan end up as? If you intend for both to be physical classes in the end, then a +str, -mag would likely be the best bet. But if you want them to both go through a few magic classes (beyond just tactician) then that's a different story.

I guess the real question is, what class are you intending to have Morgan end up as? If you intend for both to be physical classes in the end, then a +str, -mag would likely be the best bet. But if you want them to both go through a few magic classes (beyond just tactician) then that's a different story.

The only thing about +Str, -Mag is Ignis - with a lower magic cap, it decreases the damage added. But that's a minor nitpick, really.

TBH, I don't really know what is the best, since I find very little difference overall in assets and flaws in regards to children if you're getting them fully capped. I've only ever used +Magic,-Luck and +Magic, -Defence; both were planned with the Avatar in mind since I wanted to use her as a magic unit (Magic/Luck as a Grandmaster, Magic/Defense as a Sage), but +Magic,-Luck Lucina as a Great Lord turned out pretty good and the Ignis bonus was nice, though that might have been due to my Strength blessed Chrom. I haven't fully trained my +Magic,-Defense Lucina yet, but I was planning on using her as a Dark Flier anyways, so....

Edited by Silver Lightning

Interesting points, I totally forgot MU would pass down Tactician to Lucina (I usually do a Gen III pairing) and in turn allow the use of Ignis. Still, the numbers don't lie + Spd/Str -Lck is the best. I ended up using +Spd -Lck as always before I looked at this anyway.

I've subjected my kids to +Res -Str for Celica's Gale StreetPass and am making Lucina a Dark Flier with

1. Limit Breaker

2. Lethality – from Olivia

3. Rightful King – always

4. Luna – always

5. Iote’s Shield

Wow. I'm the only one who voted for a Defense flaw.

I mean, I would go for a Speed asset myself. But in all honesty, I don't think Lucina would even need more than a +2 Speed modifier. Personally I would go for + Strength and - Defense, because one, all but the worst of Lucina's possible mothers give a negative defense modifier. And 2, because the build as a Great Lord kinda reminds me of FE10!Ike.

Wow. I'm the only one who voted for a Defense flaw.

I mean, I would go for a Speed asset myself. But in all honesty, I don't think Lucina would even need more than a +2 Speed modifier. Personally I would go for + Strength and - Defense, because one, all but the worst of Lucina's possible mothers give a negative defense modifier. And 2, because the build as a Great Lord kinda reminds me of FE10!Ike.

Why a defense flaw? Because personally, Defense is too important a stat to be starting out with -2 from your normal base in.

Why a defense flaw? Because personally, Defense is too important a stat to be starting out with -2 from your normal base in.

Personally, I choose a defense flaw because it's one of the few flaws that leave both magic and strength alone iirc. Of course, I typically play only normal mode, where defense isn't quite as key.

It depends on what you want Morgan to be
I run Paladin, GK, Hero, or Zerker for Morgan and Lucina (well not zerkercina, alas) so I tend to use -Mag or -Res, especially with GK as GK's mag cap is awful enough that Ignis won't be good there no matter what you do anyway. If you want to do magical Morgan, then don't do that. I'm a strength person myself, but speed and defense are stats that benefit both magic and physical users alike, so do what you will.

You lose only a single point in defense when regarding bases. Which would be something I would be hard pressed to find a good use for. Not to mention the - 5% growth in the same area (provided that I'm actually using the Str asset) doesn't bother me too much. Not to mention, in Lucy's case, it does leave every other stat sans Res untouched.

Edited by Hero of the Golden Land

You lose only a single point in defense when regarding bases. Which would be something I would be hard pressed to find a good use for. Not to mention the - 5% growth in the same area (provided that I'm actually using the Str asset) doesn't bother me too much. Not to mention, in Lucy's case, it does leave every other stat sans Res untouched.

You're thinking in terms of modifiers. I was referring to the normal base - starting with only 4 Defense instead of 6 just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

You're thinking in terms of modifiers. I was referring to the normal base - starting with only 4 Defense instead of 6 just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

And again. It's not two points that's lost. It's one point. I literally do not see a difference between 5 and 6 in this case.

And again. It's not two points that's lost. It's one point. I literally do not see a difference between 5 and 6 in this case.

Doh, I thought it was 2 points for whatever reason.

• 2 months later...

Well, if you're marrying Mu and Chrom, than you'll probably want your kids to be physical.

Now, the go-to assets and flaws are Magic, Luck, and...i think that may be it...?

your kids will have any skill at their disposal, and Morgan will receive a beautiful Rightful King.

If you want your children to be physical period, then you should put down your magic considerably, especially in a Lunatic+ environment.

this means you have committed entirely to the physical line, and can only get your magic class skills from inheritance or grinding, and grinding is just boring and tedious.

Keep in mind that... Awakening did something very wrong when they made it imperative that you have 2 ranged weapons.

this limited people to magic classes and manaketes..... and made physical units mainly for support.

but back on topic, my suggestion is speed and magic, for Morgan will already get rightful King, and Lucina just hits aether regardless.