ZemZem

Olivia's hubby?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sword instead of Axe in the Japanese script says otherwise.

I didn't see the Japanese script, though, so I wouldn't have known.

I know I'm not as tough or brave or handsome as Chrom, but maybe—

And theres the confession and the answer which is unconvincing

But like, who gives a fuck. Cordelia is our waifu and we should said that Henry is a bitch for not being Chrom amirite?

Just like Frederick. I mean yeah, Frederick is a bitch because he should not ask Cordelia to train the soldiers and by doing so he only made Cordelia live an unhappy live and died in sadness amirite?

/rant

Hmm. I suppose you have a point.

Some supports just seem more half-assed than the rest.

Lies, Henry's totally more handsome.

I would totally waifu Henry if I were a girl.

I didn't see the Japanese script, though, so I wouldn't have known.

Hmm. I suppose you have a point.

Some supports just seem more half-assed than the rest.

I would totally waifu Henry if I were a girl.

Definitely. Cordelia got an amazing few supports with Gregor, Male!Avatar and Panne - the rest seem a bit lackluster, even some of the better ones like Stahl's and Kellam's. Although her and Kellam's is still pretty freaking adorable.

It's that gimmick of hers - I know a lot of the S-supports are... well, not that great, but slapping that gimmick onto practically all of her S-supports save three is painful.

Female!Avatar exists, you know.

Edited by Vashiane

Rey would not like the results of this post.

Heehee...

I don't even understand why Chrom has so many votes.

Sure, I guess that's a likeable pairing, and I'm NOT saying they're bad together, but come on. Our Chrom's should have at least one "C" support with one of his wife options.

For me, it's kinda hard to avoid supports with other wife options.

Heehee...

Sure, I guess that's a likeable pairing, and I'm NOT saying they're bad together, but come on. Our Chrom's should have at least one "C" support with one of his wife options.

For me, it's not just that, but also the fact that I consider it more hassle than it's worth.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Heehee...

I think it's picked more because it's the best non-MU Inigo in the game.

I think it's picked more because it's the best non-MU Inigo in the game.

There's also the thing about Inigo's generic father support arguably making more sense with Chrom as the father.

Just saying.

The thing for me that while Olivia makes less sense as Chrom's wife than, say, Sumia, Inigo makes more sense as Chrom's non-Lucina child than any of Chrom's possible other kids.

Basically, I don't care that much for Chrom/Olivia, but Inigo just seems so perfect in my mind as Chrom's son that I pair Olivia and Chrom just for Inigo. Also, of all of Chrom's possible non-MU wives, Olivia is the most likely to be used just for being a dancer. I prefer male MU, or if I'm playing as a female 99% of the time I'd rather pair him with someone else.

The thing for me that while Olivia makes less sense as Chrom's wife than, say, Sumia, Inigo makes more sense as Chrom's non-Lucina child than any of Chrom's possible other kids.

Basically, I don't care that much for Chrom/Olivia, but Inigo just seems so perfect in my mind as Chrom's son that I pair Olivia and Chrom just for Inigo. Also, of all of Chrom's possible non-MU wives, Olivia is the most likely to be used just for being a dancer. I prefer male MU, or if I'm playing as a female 99% of the time I'd rather pair him with someone else.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. For me, I have better things to do than marry Chrom off to someone who reminds me WAY too much of Lalum in the whole "by the time she joins, pretty much everything can fell her in one hit" aspect. And the word that comes to mind with such characters is "liability", unfortunately. >_> Also, I feel that Inigo has some serious issues that even having Chrom as his father is not nearly enough to make up for. <_<

Edited by Levant Fortner

Pretty much this. I mean, I do like the pairing itself, but that family dynamic! :) I love it so much, I just can't see Inigo as anyone else's son. Plus, that father/son support conversation.

Chrom/Sumia could have definitely used some consistency considering who Sumia's kid is. Now if Inigo was actually Sumia's child on the other hand, the consistency would be there.

At least that's how I see it.

Edited by Hero of the Golden Land

Where is the nobody option

I don't have the patience to grind up everyone on every file

I got one file to do postgame shit in and I guess she's with Lon'qu there but really most characters don't get paired on my runs

Inigo makes the most sense as Chrom's son, but Lon'qu makes the most sense as Inigo's father (judging from Inigo's father support). But, I don't use either in my main file. Too mainstream.

Duck's too cool for us 55+ mainstreamers. :D

Inigo makes the most sense as Chrom's son, but Lon'qu makes the most sense as Inigo's father (judging from Inigo's father support).

I feel like the mention of Lucina just comes out of nowhere if he's not Chrom's son though. :/:

I mean I would wager that Frderick would have the 2nd least wierdness regarding that mention of Lucina, but still!

Edited by Hero of the Golden Land

I feel like the mention of Lucina just comes out of nowhere if he's not Chrom's son though. :/:

I mean I would wager that Frderick would have the 2nd least wierdness regarding that mention of Lucina, but still!

I agree with you on that but with the fact that Lon'qu is the only one of the Shepherds to actually meet and fight Lucina, he'd probably be the only one other than Chrom (and maybe Frederick) who'd be allowed to mention her name. It'd still be weird, but as a warrior, it makes sense

Edited by Hero-King

Well, Lon'qu fought Lucina, so he knows her strength. Plus, Chrom probably wouldn't show bias to one of his children.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. For me, I have better things to do than marry Chrom off to someone who reminds me WAY too much of Lalum in the whole "by the time she joins, pretty much everything can fell her in one hit" aspect. And the word that comes to mind with such characters is "liability", unfortunately. >_> Also, I feel that Inigo has some serious issues that even having Chrom as his father is not nearly enough to make up for. <_<

Perhaps the implication that I don't really give a crap about who Chrom's best gameplay option is wasn't made clear. I grind if I want to and I don't if I don't want to. Olivia being weak and a liability when she joins and Inigo's paralogue being hard on top of his other issues is a non-factor for me because I grind so much all of this is a non-issue.

My only problem with Chrom!Inigo is that his only magic class is dread fighter but small complaint.

EDIT:

Well, Lon'qu fought Lucina, so he knows her strength. Plus, Chrom probably wouldn't show bias to one of his children.

I think you'd be surprised how many parents actually pull the "why can't you be more like X" card on their kids. Siblings feeling or being compared to one another is hardly unusual, even for perfectly stable families.

Edited by Sangyul

Kellam the ninja priest of steel because preference and most of my other pairings are biased for eugenics. Also because of the defense boost and access to DG+, Luna, and Renewal.

the thief movement skills are also useful, as is Lucky Seven if Inigo needs an evasion boost.

Edited by Perrfersser FerrtSperrkle

Perhaps the implication that I don't really give a crap about who Chrom's best gameplay option is wasn't made clear. I grind if I want to and I don't if I don't want to. Olivia being weak and a liability when she joins and Inigo's paralogue being hard on top of his other issues is a non-factor for me because I grind so much all of this is a non-issue.

My only problem with Chrom!Inigo is that his only magic class is dread fighter but small complaint.

EDIT:

I think you'd be surprised how many parents actually pull the "why can't you be more like X" card on their kids. Siblings feeling or being compared to one another is hardly unusual, even for perfectly stable families.

Fine with me.

Hmmm... I have no idea, so I can't help but agree on the other point you made.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I don't need to vote. I'm the elephant in the room.

Barring the obvious bias I have...

Chrom and Olivia is something I *REALLY* dislike. That's no secret.

Liz/Lissa lampshading the marriage to all hell similar to the Generic Village Maiden just KILLS me on the inside.

They should have let Olivia join before Chapter 11 so you could have grinded supports with Chrom up to S before then.

The fact that the pairing is also pretty damn popular kills me as well. ESPECIALLY if the reason is min-maxing.

ADD to the fact that Olivia's gentle personality being the same as Sumia and yet she's more loved as "more deserving for Chrom" than the "developer's chosen" makes me want to call people out on it.

Edited by shadowofchaos