Who do you tend to pair Olivia with?

ZemZem

Olivia's hubby?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I agree that Sumia doesn't deserve all the hate she gets, but I think the one thing that really differentiates Sumia and Olivia for me is probably Sumia's "can't-do-anything-right"-ness. Olivia's big issue is her stage fright and her "hazukashii desu" tendencies, which is exaggerated but I can deal with it. I liked Sumia in MU's support, where she was an avid reader who was unconfident in herself that she wanted to pretend to be someone else. I don't like her in Frederick and Gaius' supports where she screws up at whatever she tries to do and doesn't really "improve" at doing anything right and yet Frederick and Gaius both fall for her somehow.

She's okay in Henry's support, except for the C, and my biggest problems with her in Chrom's support are actually not the pies, but that Chrom's confession to her in the S is lackluster and that she apparently took fifteen tries to make one simple pie in the B. I guess my problem with Sumia is that the game loves to beat you over the head with the fact that "she can't really do anything right, but this is supposed to be cute".

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what I meant was that they take shots at her for it because "Chrom deserves a more capable woman... like MU/Female Avatar."

...if they were going that statement, they should at least acknowledge Sully in that sense. But no, they usually *ONLY* like FeMU x Chrom and/or Olivia x Chrom.

...the latter being utterly hypocritical considering both Olivia and Sumia have their "cutesy" gimmicks.

But yeah... the lampshading. The freaking lampshading is my big beef with it. At least Sigurd and Diadora has the "player doesn't have a choice" flag to make it believable.

And please don't put more bait in front of me. I don't want to deteriorate to a deranged fanboy on a crusade with a fan favorite pairing.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well what I meant was that they take shots at her for it because "Chrom deserves a more capable woman... like MU/Female Avatar."

...if they were going that statement, they should at least acknowledge Sully in that sense. But no, they usually *ONLY* like FeMU x Chrom and/or Olivia x Chrom.

...the latter being utterly hypocritical considering both Olivia and Sumia have their "cutesy" gimmicks.

But yeah... the lampshading. The freaking lampshading is my big beef with it. At least Sigurd and Diadora has the "player doesn't have a choice" flag to make it believable.

I don't disagree with you that the "Chrom deserves a more capable woman like MU/Female Avatar" is a stupid concept. First because it implies that only a certain kind of woman is "deserving" of a man/certain type of man. Not to mention that the idea of "deserving" someone is also stupid and makes the other person sound like a prize or something. I honestly think people who say these kinds of things are just trying to justify their ship and not thinking about anything more than that.

I don't disagree with you that the "Chrom deserves a more capable woman like MU/Female Avatar" is a stupid concept. First because it implies that only a certain kind of woman is "deserving" of a man/certain type of man. Not to mention that the idea of "deserving" someone is also stupid and makes the other person sound like a prize or something. I honestly think people who say these kinds of things are just trying to justify their ship and not thinking about anything more than that.

You're implying that rabid shippers actually think. You're a kind person.