Your most favorite class overall?

Nicolas

Hi!

So, what is your most favorite class in all FE games? My favorite is FE8 Ranger, because they have almost best movement type (IIRC only Filers has better), high caps( 30 SPD is great for LA). Only bad thing in rangers is their attack with sword animation and no physical 1~2 range weapons( but for me it's not huge weakness). Also I lkie FE7 Valkyries because they have 8 movement and both staves is really nice. Honorable mention: Wyvern Knights.

I always regrets FE8 is too easy game to show true power of both Rangers and WKs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sages.

Basically because I love magic/spellcasters and stuff alike. Also because great 1-2 range and don't rely on forges or weapons with somewhat low usage/durability. Female Sages <3, gogo Miccy, Ilyana, Calill.

Warriors. Raaar, 30 Str, Axes AND Bows! Not to mention they tend to have sweet-ass jackets in the newer games. GBA crit animation was god tier, too.

Aside from that, any staffer is best class. Valkyries especially.

Clerics and Troubadours are nice. Sages, Pegasus knights, and Valkyries too, as well as Paladins. OTOH, I'm not very fond of Great Knights (especially in Sacred Stones) and Berserkers.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Paladin. The class has balance stats and can take on any role in battle(except healing). They also use swords, lances, and in some games, axes.

Paladin because Fire Emblem's Paladin is the most broken shit ever

These guys know what's up.

Paladins are amazing.

Although Valk gets close, I have to say Assassin.

I like the theme (nothing special, I know), I love their animations (especially the GBA ones) and their caps are awesome (high speed and skill, who cares about the rest).

In addition it's the closest thing to Lyn's lord class, having access to swords and bows.

Lethality became less useful compared to GBA, but it's still a cool skill, Pass is great and unique (yeah, there are more useful skills, too).

(Swordmaster are similar, but bow-access in fe13 and being more badass in the GBA games make Assassins superior)

Edited by Assurhaddon

Sages.

Basically because I love magic/spellcasters and stuff alike. Also because great 1-2 range and don't rely on forges or weapons with somewhat low usage/durability. Female Sages <3, gogo Miccy, Ilyana, Calill.

you forgot Ishtar

Swordmaster, Berserker, and Ranger for their speed... GKs are cool too (weapon triangle dominance) and heroes (balanced stats and sol). Paladins and Snipers are probably my least favorites.

Edited by Walhart

Probably Lady Knights. (TRS)

Sword and Bow in a first tier class. They are kinda like Elf Warriors in Battle for Wesnoth.

If you usually get Bows after promotion, their weapon rank never catches up. Tear Ring Saga has WLV. So there is no need to worry about neglecting one of the two weapon types.

A class that is just fun to use. The Y-legs look painful, though.

Honorable mentions:

Female Magefighter (FE4)

Swordfighting, Magic and Healing in one package. Yet another class where Weapon Rank doesn't get in the way of versatility, though for different reasons. Also, Y-legs.

Wood Shooter (TRS)

I initially figured that they would end as benchwarmers. I really grew fond of them over time.

They proved themselves to be particular handy in dealing with harpies and gargoyles, since neither monster can break it's chassis. And if harpies attack them, it's the last thing they do. Period.

For added fun, they can also use ballista. Besides: It's a tank. That's awesome.

Fire Dragon (TRS)

Something like 30+ defense negating damage to anything over a range 3x3 fields. Dragon's in this game are awesome.

When I fought a dragon for the first time, using the ever reliable strategy of charging blindly and screaming "Leeroy Jenkins", I lost several units through a single attack.

And they are effectively invincible too.

Edited by BrightBow

In FE8 I really liked sages, and Lute with Excaliber was a killer in the link arena if you were willing to grind body rings, or you could use Moulder for cheaper but less speed/magic in the end.

Assassins are also spectacular units in Awakening, boasting high speed, skill and power.

Berserkers I also really like because they possess a tone of speed and a ton of power.

But overall I like Marksmen the best, because that 3-range brave bow is just to damn good. You good have just given then that +1 range as a mastery skill and it still would have been broken. They have hit skill, good speed and power, they're all in all fantastic.