QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would reply to this topic, but I gotta go, uh... mow the... dog. I mean water the dog, yes, water the dog.

Jokes aside, the stupidest excuse has probably been said by myself, people used to just go on and on to me. But I can usually come up with a clever enough excuse, I'm a master of that sort of thing.

Edited by Knight

Sorry about the lack of an update. Here is the new question!

When conversing with others, especially on the internet, words end up being misused for some reason or another. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as to add emphasis to a statement or to make one sound more cultured. Thus, I have to ask: What’s the one word you find is misused the most (from your anecdotal experience)? Why?

Personally, I've found the word "literally" to be misused with exceeding levels of frequency. I didn't really notice until my friend pointed out his pet peeve of hating the misuse of the word "literally." Once I noticed how often his pet peeve went off it made me rethink the usage of the word. Given how I still occasionally misuse the word above all others and am now careful to note its misuse in conversations, "literally" is definitely the most misused word from my anecdotal experience.

Edited by Interest

"Going afk, banging my GF."

... Surprised the bastard had one, to be honest. And ironically, we did better with him gone. XD

vashiane, so hostile!! :O

Accost, callous and feckless. :\

wat

other than EVERY "hip" SLANG WORD(swag, straight pronounced as "scrait", thirsty, etc etc), i really agree with david's choice:

Epic

I hate it when people use the word fabulous to describe unfabulous things that's misuse to the max.

My first choice was used already, so I'll go with "starving".

What was that choice? =P

"Noob."

My god I hate it when people misuse this one. It's definitely close to the top for me (though literally still wins, even though I've played a ton of games where that term is misused to all hell).

Edited by Interest