QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

Uguu

Yes I do~

It's a good thing I woke up earlier than I meant to today or else I would have continued on not knowing until late that I was running an hour late... ;u;

It can be inconvenient for me when we lose an hour of the day by jumping forward x3 But I don't really mind that we do it that much. Especially when we get an extra hour of sleep~ ... Or in my case, often an extra hour to stay awake

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do. I wonder what places do and don't follow daylight savings time, that would be a fun thing to look up.

I see no point to abolish it. Changing a clock by an hour is at worst a mine inconvenience and it does put more light in the day, so why shouldn't we have it?

I do, but I always considered it a little silly. Nature is nature, why do we have to change our clocks when we can just get up earlier?

That said, yes, I think it should be done away with.

This is such a fascinating topic. I'm so glad it was deemed more important than having a question that people could answer in more ways than 'i don't notice daylight savings' or 'i slightly dislike daylight savings'

Once again voting for what sports teams do you support, and why.

Adjust to half an our between and be done with it. Should have a similar result without the jarring changes in schedule.

Yeah. Its major ass and fucks up my internal clock. My internal clock is set to Fall Back Time more or less, only all year round. So when Spring Forward happens, i never can fully adjust and ugh. I wish DST would go and stay go.

Yes I do.

No, I don't want it to be abolished. I love the fact that it only gets dark after 8 PM. Waking up early is a problem, but i'm on my vacations for most of the DST period.

I don't remember the actual dates when the change occurs, but I usually get notified when it happens by one or more of my acquaintances so it's never a problem. I don't care really - one day is an hour longer and the other is an hour shorter; barely noticeable. Taking a plane makes it much harder for the brain to adapt to new conditions.

New question!

What title(s) would you give yourself? I know some people have titles in their profile somewhere but not everyone does...not to mention there are multiple titles someone can have. Also since someone's going to complain about the phrasing, the title doesn't necessarily have to be self-proclaimed. It could've been bestowed by someone else.

The one main title I tend to go by under the title "Postmaster" because forum humor and so on. I've also been called Picmaster and other variants due to this.

Edited by Interest

We just need to fill the thread with pretentious titles from everybody, that way nobody will notice the actual monkeycheese idiocy and we'll all assume that everyone was kidding.
Here, I'll start.
EUKLYD,
LURKER EXTRAORDINAIRE,
BANE OF ACTIVITY,
SLAYER OF CHATROOMS,
NOBLE ASSHOLE!

If not that, then something about being an asshole with an inflated ego, I guess. Maybe "nuanced asshole", idk
Can we just go with the sports question? And I don't even watch/play sports.

I always felt that "The Arrow Of Light That Pierces The Heart Of Darkness" was a bit too long for a member title.

And I can't come up with anything better then quotes from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Edited by BrightBow

My XBLA username is RefaTheGreat, and I use that whenever some jerk (such as myself from the past) takes "Refa", so I guess that.

Titles huh?

AnonymousSpeed is kind of already a title. I think it well portrays the swiftness I wish I had an the wild card aspect I do.

I tend to also like a lot of villain names which I'd gladly take: Carnage, Madman, Leader, Living Brain, The Joker, Bane, Deathstroke, etc.

Not to say I don't like any hero names: Deadpool, Human Torch, Gambit...

If I had to give myself a title though, I'd probably like to have something like 'The Solar Flare,' or 'The Human Encyclopedia,' the latter of which I actually went by for a while. Stupid, yes, but I read to many comics, so I get leeway.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed