QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

Back when I was young, Sonic The Comic was somthing I followed from the middle, after I discovered it in a Tesco magazine stand, right up until its end.

These days I'm only really following Questionable Content.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel:

Probably at least 90% if not more of Thor's 616 single issues starting from Journey into Mystery in the 60s

Agent of Asgard aka Loki

A bunch of Avengers titles

Journey into Mystery when it's about Loki

Journey into Mystery when it's about Sif

A much smaller number of singles for the other movie!avengers

Captain Marvel (Carol)

She Hulk

Fearless Defenders

Manga:

Inuyasha back when I was 11 or sth

Rurouni Kenshin

FMA

are the only three I read in completion I think

All of those were a really long time ago though I don't remember much

oh for favourite

Jason Aaron's run of Thor (his current run) and Agent of Asgard is really entertaining despite there's only 2 issues so far

Kieron Gillen's run of Journey into Mystery with Loki is also very A+

Edited by Thor Odinson

OK, I don't really feel like listing all the comics I've read (though it isn't that many) so I'll just give an honorable mention to Alison Bechdel's Fun Home, which was really great. Edison's The Worm Ouroboros even makes a cameo appearance!

Edited by SeverIan

Templar, Arizona and Unsounded. Unsounded has a bad first chapter and really shit names along the board but is still easily worth reading. TAZ is faultless.

Edited by Parrhesia

The lack of Franco-Belgian comics is pretty sad. Between Tintin, Astérix, the Smurfs, Spirou and everything else in between, there's a massive amount of quality comics.

I've grown on both the Smurfs and Garfield almost equally.

The lack of Franco-Belgian comics is pretty sad. Between Tintin, Astérix, the Smurfs, Spirou and everything else in between, there's a massive amount of quality comics.

Oh right

How could I forget Asterix

The Maxx, i used to read that shit so much back in the day. I loved The Maxx.

J. O'Barr's The Crow was another favorite. <3

The Mighty Thor and God Of Thunder. That shit is gr9.

I also used to read some X-Men way back when.

I still have my Legend of Zelda Valiant Comics.

Manga? Not much really except for CardCaptor Sakura (which i have a shit ton of) and a couple of Love Hina books. I have some Excel Saga but i prefer the anime.

Newspaper funnies?

Garfield, Doonsbury, Pluggers, the Far Side (especially that one), and Hagar the Horrible were my favorites.

I've read more than I care to list, but I've always been particularly fond of the Justice Society. I also really enjoyed the elseworlds series Kingdom Come.

Well if you're counting manga...I think I read Absolute Boyfriend and Fushigi Yugi. Some Prince of Tennis. Otherwise, I read Garfield as a child, not any Marvel or DC comics though haha. I don't know who any of them are...so watching The Avengers was a new experience LOL.

manga I can remember having read up to a date which was "current" at some point in time:

One Punch Man

Vagabond

Berserk

Fighting Spirit

Attack on Titan

The World is Mine

Monster

and more:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Fist of the North Star

some Junji Ito (horror) shit

heck of a lot more I'm failing to remember off the top

webcomics:

Cucumber Quest

Hiimedaisy's general oeuvre

Templar, AZ

His face all red (and some more by that artist whose name I sinfully forget)

Gunnerkrigg Court

Homestuck

Ratfist (oblig. why, Doug Tennapel, why)

Achewood

Spheer (I am probably not spelling that right)

Lackadaisy [fucking] Cats

heck of a lot more etc.

western comics:

Jimmy Corrigan, Smartest Kid on Earth

literally every Calvin and Hobbes strip ever made, I'm pretty sur

Garfield, yeah I said i

Watchmen

Scott Pilgrim

maybe some more I'm forgetting etc.

(I have a big backlog)

Edited by Rehab

...well, I more research comics that read them, but...

I used to have some Zelda manga. Those were dark times in my life.

I have a Deadpool comic collection I really enjoyed, but I wouldn't say it lived up to my expectations, no matter how unrealistic they might have been.

Encyclopedias and such don't count, but I did read Calvin and Hobbs. That was quite funny.

Good point - Asterix has single-handedly made the entire English-speaking world mispronounce 'asterisk', myself included, and it's wonderful.

I had no idea that anyone even pronounced it "asteriks" or whatever.

This either means that I've not been exposed to such a pronunciation, or it's common enough that it doesn't register as odd.

New question!

What movie(s) do you consider highly underrated? This is purely subjective. You can pick movies from the top 250 on IMDB or some crap and try to justify it if you want.

Probably going to go with the "Kung Fu Kid" or Karate Kid (2010 version). There's plenty of reasons to hate it, but I really liked particular elements of the story and how characters were captured and interacted (even if some of it was rather cringeworthy at times).

Maybe would want to add Ip Man to the list, but only because it's not watched that much. A lot of people (from what I can tell) love the movie if they've seen it.

Edited by Interest

i don't know what movies people don't like so i could only list movies i do like

i think people didn't like the cgi resident evil movie and i did, though?

EDIT: oh oh i know one

the doom movie is a fucking spectacular beer&chips movie and everybody hates it

Edited by Integrity

I keep getting a Frozen ad whenever I look at this page.

Is Frozen underrated?

I can't really come up with anything otherwise

Not even the most underrated Disney movie. That is none other than Oliver & Company.

I mean, come on. Yes, it was more talking animals schlock that was clearly a response to All Dogs' popularity, but it was actually pretty damn good. The music was stellar - to this day, I still have Street Savoir-Faire stuck in my head - and they handled the plot well enough - take out the talking dogs and it could well have been based on a true story. Plus, it was a nice urban spin on a classic tale (that being Oliver Twist), which I always enjoy provided it's done without looking corny *coughcough*DiCaprio'sRomeo&Juliet*coughcough*.