QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eyes Wide Shut.

Dear god, why do many people think this is "the only bad Kubrick film" when it practically follows the pattern, style, storytelling and cinematography of every one of his other movies?!

I think it is fantastic. In fact, it is in my Top 5 Favorite Films of the 90's. Everything works: The themes, the atmosphere, the music, the lights, the costumes, the story... omg, I think it is my favorite Kubrick film along with 2001.

cabin fever (one of the best endings to any film)

resident evil: apocalypse

star trek: generations

star wars the phantom menace

super

twin peaks: fire walk with me

billy madison

batman returns (better than the first one)

robocop 2

Edited by Aizenberg

Gya...I dunno. If this was the other way around, I'd have one or two definite answers, but for this...

Hm...Kingdom of the Crystal Skull I actually liked. Same applies to Back to the Future 3, and to a lesser extend the newer terminator films. Episode 3 in Star Wars was actually my second favorite as a kid, and I'd still say it could place in top 3 films, but that would take a rewatch of six movies.

I may watch Lord of the Rings movies, but that's just crazy.

A lot got lost between the Catch-22 book and film, sure, but it was always going to, and I think the film gets more criticism than it deserves. It's like it can't match up to arguably the greatest book in American literature, oh no, worst ever imo

A good number of the underrated movies I like have grown to be more popular over time, such as Slapshot, Reservoir Dogs and The Boondock Saints.

The Grindhouse movies perhaps? From Dusk till Dawn is also pretty neat, but isn't touched as much.

Edited by Woodshooter

I keep getting a Frozen ad whenever I look at this page.

Is Frozen underrated?

I can't really come up with anything otherwise

lmao! No not even.

That is none other than Oliver & Company.

Slanderous lies! The Black Cauldron is so underrated, even Disney seems to hate it. Sword In The Stone is also underrated but it does get some love.

Dragonslayer (1981) is probably the coolest movie about dragons ever mostly due to how damn awesome Vermithrax looked. One of the most realistic dragons in film. Yet people either ignore it or dont like it.

Daybreakers was a pretty decent vampire movie that doesnt get enough love.

From Dusk till Dawn is also pretty neat, but isn't touched as much.

That one, like the other films you listed wound up in the Cult Classic box. They hang out there with Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas and Repo! The Genetic Opera.

Speaking of Repo! That movie isnt as underrated itself as much as its cast is hella underrated. Totally out-there casting but worked so well, its mind boggling.

Same applies to Back to the Future 3,

Hang about, people actually dont like this film or acknowledge its surpassing awesome? Grrr. That movie was filmed in my area.

New question!

Do you watch/read reviews? If so, from who? You can feel free to say which reviewers you like and hate too, but this is purely optional. Yes, I don't think I asked this question yet.

I often watch reviews from IGN and maybe like...Gametrailers for my video games. AVGN counts too I guess. I also use metacritic for the same purpose and make my own judgement. I use IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes for my movie review reading and laugh at awfully written reviews, etc. I also occasionally watch Nostalgia Critic, though not as much as before (since he's clearly intended to be comical and deliberately cynical and that doesn't necessarily result in the best review).

TGWTG, NormalBoots, Cinemassacre, BlisteredThumbs, Inked Reality, Spoony, NesPunk, and occasionally some other things.

Given that these guys do serious and comedic reviews too!

Nah I just ask my friends their opinions on movies and games, then blatantly ignore them and watch the movie/buy the game anyway