QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heehee

I'm native american and it doesn't bother me much. Probably doesn't help that when I was in kindergarten and early elementary school, they used the term Indian since they knew us young children couldn't remember "Native American" x3 I just feel maybe some people are just too used to what they heard when they were younger. Or some don't even think that Indian is really not the right term, like instead they think both could be correct since they were taught both and that saying "Indian" is just much shorter x3

Edited by Freohr Datia

Heehee

I'm native american and it doesn't bother me much. Probably doesn't help that when I was in kindergarten and early elementary school, they used the term Indian since they knew us young children couldn't remember "Native American" x3 I just feel maybe some people are just too used to what they heard when they were younger. Or some don't even think that Indian is really not the right term, like instead they think both could be correct since they were taught both and that saying "Indian" is just much shorter x3

I was bothered by it even when I was in elementary school.

Which means you must have been well educated beforehand? =b As far as I know, the native american indian talk is not particularly common. Or maybe it's just because of the horrible public education of my state.

Which means you must have been well educated beforehand? =b As far as I know, the native american indian talk is not particularly common. Or maybe it's just because of the horrible public education of my state.

It wasn't the education, it was just me.

Well I wasn't saying that you must have learned from education, I was guessing maybe from family or something!

If not, then idk how you self-taught yourself~

No matter how you learned, I still could sorta understand how some people still consider native americans as indians.

I'd say being unable to respect others as people (and the inevitable ills it brings, such as dishonesty, mistreatment, etc.) A person is a person before they're a/an (insert negative quality of your choice here).

This. Oh dear this. Let me first say that, as a whole, respect is a HUGE deal for me. When I was brought up, it was hammered into my head that I was to respect everyone around me, that it was everyone's right to expect it, and my right to get it. Of course, there are certain things that get me more than others, but these few are the main things that just drive me absolutely bonkers.

1) I come from a large family, my dad has 9 brothers and sisters, and my mom has 8. Family get-togethers were never, and will never, be a small event. I'm not sure if it's because of the nature of being family, or if my family in particular is just nosy as hell, but EVERY SINGLE TIME we get together, there's always someone mentioning someone else's lifestyle choices (whether it be related to who their current SO is, if they're having a kid, what school they're going to [if at all], sexual orientation, etc. etc.), and criticizing them about those choices. Now, I'm not talking about constructive criticism, either. I'm talking 100% condescending, rude, out-of-left-field none-of-your-fucking-business criticism. Stuff like "So Cynthia, pregnant huh? Was that shit planned? I bet it wasn't. Can't afford that kid can you? Good going kid." Like, come on, it's not your business, and it's especially not your place to talk to ANYONE like that, let alone someone who's not your kid. Seeing stuff like that just drives me nuts. If it's none of your business, don't ask/say anything unless the person involved brings it up.

2) If you're in a group setting, and someone is speaking, don't interrupt and/or talk over them. It's beyond rude, and basically says that you think what you have to say is more important than anything they could possibly be talking about. Obviously, if there's a legitimate reason, like an urgent situation came up or whatever, yeah, I'm totally cool with that, but when you want to interrupt what I have to say just because... well, just because? Consider my respect for you considerably lowered. On the flip side of this coin; it's equally as rude to talk so much that anyone else can't get a word in edge-wise. Maybe let others get a few words in once in a while.

3) CHEW WITH YOUR GOD-DAMNED MOUTH CLOSED, YOU BARBARIAN. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE FOOD YOU ARE EATING FALL OUT OF YOUR MOUTH ONTO THE TABLE.

New question time!

3. What is your biggest pet peeve? To rephrase, what little thing that other individuals do bothers you the most?

There are way too many to list though, so I'll try to uh... list what I remember.

Let's see...

Being ignored - especially by people you consider as close to you.

Misspellings - especially if they're intentional and even when they aren't intentional.

Bad grammar - I know my grammar isn't the best and sometimes I don't make sense, but if it's too obvious, yeah, it bugs the shit out of me whether it's online or offline.

The Awakening board here.

Certain people and users.

People who talk while they're chewing.

People who hate penguins.

When Psychology isn't fully understood.

People using depression / suicidal ideation as a means for attention.

When told to just "snap out of it" or just to "calm down" when I'm depressed or upset without the other person trying to understand or asking about it.

and there are so many more. \o/ A lot of things bug the shit out of me.

no pun intended, but my biggest pet peeve is when people speak about how much they love or care for dogs. it just hurts to read/hear, and i have my family to thank for that.

Out of curiosity, why does this bother you? =/

Out of curiosity, why does this bother you? =/

long story short, my mom killed my cat when i was 10. since then, i've had the pleasure of hearing my family talk about how cute "doggies" are, talk about how terrible people who treat their pets(dogs) badly are, and ALL those times where they considered getting a dog. that last one hurts the most...if we actually a dog, it would have been a knife through by wounded heart. <_<

That's the most inconvenient pet peeve to have since everybody loves their pets =< I'm sorry that it hurts you but I doubt that'll make me ever stop. Because I really do love mine so much <3 And it's quite difficult to remember to quit doing something I'm so used to doing because it's a touchy subject to somebody...

@bolded: That's not actually true.....

Weee that's another pet peeve!

When people often take terms like "everything" and "everyone" etc literally in cases when they obviously could never apply >~<