I believe that I have found the most optimal pairings.

I have looked at many people's different guides and their choices for pairings. I think I have made pairings that will satisfy everything the children need. Feel free to complain or yell at me; I personally am not going to use these specific ones. (Mine have bias and are made to intentionally remove sorcerers; if you want those, they're on my profile.) Please offer your opinions, they help everyone, which is what these are meant to do.

Now, the pairings:

Chrom and Olivia- Inigo gets luna and RK. Lucina gets Vantage and Swordfaire. Both children are used to their max non-Robin abilities.

Stahl and Cordelia- Severa gets myrmidon and cavalier which are pretty much all she needs. Great mods, too, so it's a win-win.

Fred and Cherche- Tank Gerome with amazing stats and skills all around.

Kellam and Panne- Can be used as a support unit general or an offensive berserker.

Donnel and Sully- Gets GF and Merc. Donnel's crappy mods don't hurt her too much.

Vaike and Nowi- Amazing strength and access to merc and knight, which is all she needs.

Gaius and Tharja- Galeforce, myrmidon and high stats all around (except luck).

Ricken and Lissa- Owain with HIGH magic and access to luna.

Gregor and Miriel- Sorc with armsthrift, sol, and vantage. I personally don't care for this one, because his strength is wasted, but this is mainly for a sorc build, which I don't do.

Henry and Sumia- Dark flier with high magic and skill. Also access to dark mage.

Lon'qu and Maribelle- Great skills like vantage, astra and luna (default) and amazing skill and speed.

Robin can go with whoever the hell you want, Morgan will be the best no matter what. Preferably Aversa for Shadowgift, or a second-gen for overall awesomeness. Sorry about all the pairings I talk about, but hey, it's pretty much the most important thing for Apo and higher difficulties. Like I said, complain all you want, I don't use these, and they're only made for those people who say, "Oh, what's the perfect set up?" or "What pairings are most optimal?" Well, I think these work, and if you do as well, send those people here. If you want my personal pairings, they're on my profile. Complain about those in a PM. Thanks for reading and/or responding.

EDIT: Hmmm, apparently my personal pairings aren't on my profile. Huh. I typed them up a little bit ago. Oh, well. MaMU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Henry/Lissa, Gaius/Tharja, Fred/Cherche, Vaike/Nowi, Lon'qu/Maribelle, Ricken/Miriel, Gregor/Panne, and of course Stahl/Cordelia. Just some minor differences, though I'm thinking about Chrom/Maribelle, Henry/Sumia, Ricken/Lissa, and Lon'qu/Miriel after seeing that Apo with no DLC vid.

Edited by Duck

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems about right.

Heres mine. All characters end up as classes in their original class tree.

attachicon.gifPairings Original Class.jpg

I think the only things we have different are Nowi's, Robin's, Lissa's. Cordelia's, and Miriel's pairs. Maybe respectively swap Kellam for Robin, Tiki for Nowi, Stahl for Virion, Vaike for Stahl, and Ricken for Kellam, and you have my list.

Edited by Hero of the Golden Land

Pretty close to my team, which has some eerie uniform standards.

Everyone physical can be an assassin with Luna.

Everyone magical can be a sage (male) or dark flier (female) with Luna - exception is Owain, who gets Vantage/Vengeance.

Everyone who can get Galeforce has Galeforce.

I think Vaike/Nowi is a good way to go too; Nah is less about vomiting out ridiculous Galeforce attacks than the others, anyway.

Issuls/Nowi -- Nah: Manakete
-------------- Mor: Manakete
Chrom/Olivia - Luc: Assassin
-------------- Ini: Assassin
Donnel/Sully - Kje: Assassin
Kellm/Cherche- Ger: Assassin
Stahl/Cordy -- Sev: Assassin
Freddy/Panne - Yar: Assassin
Henry/Sumia -- Cyn: Dark Flier
Gaius/Tharja - Noi: Dark Flier
Lonk/Maribel - Bra: Sage
Libra/Lissa -- Owa: Sage
Ricken/Miriel- Lau: Sage
Edited by LunaSaint

No complaints here. Exactly what I recommend. :)

Thanks! On a completely unrelated note, where did you get your profile pic? I've seen a bunch around, and they're pretty cool looking.

Also, DB, what did you mean by the newest one?

Edited by Duck

Someone just beat Apotheosis without DLC >_>

That sounds annoying as fuck. I can only imagine all the reeking box/despoil grinding that would require.

After further review it looks like he managed to do it without resorting to too much grinding. Nice.

Edited by Meteor

I actually ship a few of the pairings in the OP. Nice. :)

Those being ChromxOlivia, StahlxCordelia, and HenryxSumia. I don't dislike Cherche as a wife for Freddy either though.

Edited by Anacybele

I actually ship a few of the pairings in the OP. Nice. :)

Those being ChromxOlivia, StahlxCordelia, and HenryxSumia. I don't dislike Cherche as a wife for Freddy either though.

> Attempting to discuss "shipping" pairings

> Thread is about pairings in the context of purely gameplay mechanics

If you want my personal pairings, they're on my profile. Complain about those in a PM.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I watched that video of the Apo with no DLC. It frightens me how some people can do that, and I can't even do it with full limit breaker and max stats.

I only have the nerves to take on Apoth Normal Path without Limit Breaker.

For their case, it's only a +8 to the all stats... considering how Rally Heart isn't there for another +2 for the full +10 to all stats when you full rally (+14 to luck)

They really had to optimize that magic in order to kill the enemies before they get a chance to get past that Vantage.

> Attempting to discuss "shipping" pairings

> Thread is about pairings in the context of purely gameplay mechanics

Thanks, Shadow of Obvious. I meant that I'm glad I ship a few of the best pairings statistically in the game.

Edited by Anacybele

I already did one without Limit Breaker/Aggressor, wouldn't be that much of a stretch to drop Rally Heart, All Stats +2, Dread Fighter/Bride classes (yes I had Tiki as a Bride in my run, ha ha)

I'll take a relatively safe guess you don't even need an all-magic team

(on topic: I believe you have not found the best pairings)

Edited by shadykid

I already did one without Limit Breaker/Aggressor, wouldn't be that much of a stretch to drop Rally Heart, All Stats +2, Dread Fighter/Bride classes (yes I had Tiki as a Bride in my run, ha ha)

I'll take a relatively safe guess you don't even need an all-magic team

(on topic: I believe you have not found the best pairings)

Well the whole "Brave Weapons at ranged" was probably one of the reasons they went with the magic build.

As for Ana, the thing that annoys me is that it has nothing to do with that thread. Just because the thread has "pairings" in it doesn't make it automatically a place for you to say "HEY THESE ARE THE PAIRINGS I LIKE TOO!".

You absolutely had nothing to contribute to the gameplay oriented discussion. That is all I'm getting at.

[/sound like an elitist]

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well the whole "Brave Weapons at ranged" was probably one of the reasons they went with the magic build.

yeah with one pair of units

I run 8 pairs of units (+2 rallybots/2 staffbots), hit-and-run tactics with Galeforce means physical brave weapons are perfectly fine

(fun fact: the no-Limit Breaker/Aggressor run I did had ONE rallybot, the spacing on that was annoying)