I believe that I have found the most optimal pairings.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah with one pair of units

I run 8 pairs of units (+2 rallybots/2 staffbots), hit-and-run tactics with Galeforce means physical brave weapons are perfectly fine

(fun fact: the no-Limit Breaker/Aggressor run I did had ONE rallybot, the spacing on that was annoying)

So you don't have to worry about the ranged brave weapons unless you're facing a counter--- wait you've said this before... you went guns blazing on the Counter Archers anyway as well.

Or was that another person?

I'm all ears to suggestions.

nah, this is the Apotheosis no-DLC run thread :Kappa:

This thread has been hijacked.

Edited by shadowofchaos

So you don't have to worry about the ranged brave weapons unless you're facing a counter--- wait you've said this before... you went guns blazing on the Counter Archers anyway as well.

Or was that another person?

I guess that was me, I don't really do much combat on enemy phase?

(if the suggestion was to eat counter damage, yes it was me)

Edited by shadykid

Personally I wouldn't pair Ricken with Lissa. I see Owain as a physical fighter than a Mage.

I like having Owain as a physical fighter as well, but we've got to face the facts. By facts I mean Lissa's +2 Mag -2 Str mods she always passes down. This alone makes it so Owain is more optimal as a mage. Actually, the Ricken!Owain set I use has him as a dread fighter.

I don't see how the no-DLC Apo is possible with out that strategy he used. I can't even beat the normal waves. I hope to try it again soon with the pairings I have at the bottom of the intro to this topic. Yeah, those pairs I talked about above were too mainstream.

Edited by Duck

If you are using Limit Breaker, Owain really does not give a fuck about Physical and Magical

without it, I highly doubt he gives a damn

(that being said, me doing Vaike!Owain means he can't get a mixed class anyway because lolDreadFighter)

you don't need optimization even in challenge runs of Apotheosis, people really overrate the importance of pairings

Edited by shadykid

As for Ana, the thing that annoys me is that it has nothing to do with that thread. Just because the thread has "pairings" in it doesn't make it automatically a place for you to say "HEY THESE ARE THE PAIRINGS I LIKE TOO!".

You absolutely had nothing to contribute to the gameplay oriented discussion. That is all I'm getting at.

[/sound like an elitist]

Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to make a friendly comment.

It's better than getting doubled with a Brave Bow, right?

How much speed do those snipers have? >_>;

70, which means that the main benchmarks to get around it are 75 to double and 66 to avoid getting doubled, and it's actually not too hard to hit the latter. I think the only character I know of offhand who can't hit 66 is Kellam!Nah!Morgan with a -Speed Avatar father as a Manakete or a General. (Even then she could reclass to Assassin or something so she still might be okay)

And from what I've seen, proper pairings are important but not overly so. The main difference between an 'optimized' party and a non-optimized one is that you'll break things like Apotheosis in half rather than just be able to beat it. As long as you have the right selection of classes you'll do fine.

i am 95% certain that general!kellam!nah can hit 66 speed with enough resources

32 speed cap + 10 (limit breaker) + 10 (rallies) + [8+2=10] (SM pairup + S support bonus) + 2 (speed tonic) + 2 (gaius' confect) = 66 speed

[EDIT]

yeah i can read posts brb doing calcs

[EDIT]

yeah General!Kellam!Nah!Morgan[-SPD] has 29 speed cap and falls short at 63 speed. Manakete!Kellam!Nah!Morgan[-SPD] has the same speed cap as a manakete but gets +4 speed from dragonstone+, which pushes it over

Edited by CT075

oh wow General!kellam!nah!morgan[-SPD] can get to 65 speed (everything i just said and then ephraim's lance)

that's like... sort of really sad

Wait, the optimal ones or my non-sorc ones?

Both of them, really. ^_^

I'll admit if I attempted to list mine they'd be so less than perfect it's not funny, but I have a thing for story/supports.

Plus I grind the hell out of everything so everyone becomes good eventually.

TC's pairings are literally perfect until:

Robin can go with whoever the hell you want, Morgan will be the best no matter what. Preferably Aversa for Shadowgift, or a second-gen for overall awesomeness.

Shadowgift is crappy, and lots of the kids would kill to have Avatar (M) as a dad. Nah benefits the most due to her base skillset being garbage. 3rd gen Morgan is only worth doing if you're using Avatar (F).

TC's pairings are literally perfect until:

Robin can go with whoever the hell you want, Morgan will be the best no matter what. Preferably Aversa for Shadowgift, or a second-gen for overall awesomeness.

Shadowgift is crappy, and lots of the kids would kill to have Avatar (M) as a dad. Nah benefits the most due to her base skillset being garbage. 3rd gen Morgan is only worth doing if you're using Avatar (F).

Yet, Morgan is worth hell of a lot more than any of the other kids, so focus on Morgan is flat out superior.

My only complaint:

CAN YOU BE MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH THESE PAIRINGS BESIDES "GAMEPLAY"?

(mostly so I can yell at people to stay on-topic)

Avatar (M) x Nowi maximizes the Galeforce + Luna combo among the children. Galeforce + Luna allows you to rip up everything during Player Phase, even in Apotheosis.

Edited by Orange Crush