Remaking a fire Emblem

Trickster

Remaking a fire emblem  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake another fire emblem if yes, which one?

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade(or Sword of seals or whatever you want to call it)
    • Fire Emblem(Blazing Blade)
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn
    • Nothing should be remade

I was thinking, since they remade the first and third Fire Emblems, why not remake another? While maybe not the next game they should work on, if they were to remake one of them in the future which one would you choose?

Edited by Trickster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A FE4 remake would definitely be appreciated.

It's probably also the most obvious remake to go for, since it shares a lot in common with FE13 (eg. marriage, skills).

I just hope there's an Avatar so I can marry Tinny : D~

A FE4 or FE5 remake would be really nice, but if they remade FE4 I would like them to fix some of the issues with the map so you don't spend half an hour just moving your units every chapter (also get rid of pursuit). Also if they remake FE4 I would like to see them include some FE5 characters like Lifis, Mareeta, Olwen, Saias, Dagdar, August, etc.

Edited by Virion

Down with remakes! Honestly, I just want new games to keep rolling out. I remember when we had remakes/sequels for 3 games in a row and everyone was bitching about it.

A FE4 remake would definitely be appreciated.

It's probably also the most obvious remake to go for, since it shares a lot in common with FE13 (eg. marriage, skills).

I just hope there's an Avatar so I can marry Tinny : D~

ha, can't marry Ishtar aka best girl in FE4

If any of them get re-made I think Gaiden has the most potential. Could do alot more with the towns and how the class changes worked and the dual stories

FE2 needs it the most. I wanna see Dyute~

ha, can't marry Ishtar aka best girl in FE4

FE4's gonna pull an FE13 and have Ishtar be obtainable just like how Aversa was.

FE2 needs it the most. I wanna see Dyute~

FE4's gonna pull an FE13 and have Ishtar be obtainable just like how Aversa was.

how does that work given the fact that 2nd gen is completely split from 1st gen

FE8 would be a nice remake since it was originally a (relatively speaking) low budget game meant to hold over fans until Path of Radiance arrived. I've never played FE4 or FE5, but they seem like they'd lend themselves to a cool remake. Aside from that, I feel like a remake would be a waste of time and money if it were done for any other game (except maybe FE6). I'd still buy it, but I don't think it'd be the best game possible.

man, why does everyone hate shadow dragon. not all fire emblem games can be the best games out there. shadow dragon is a fine game.

I think it's because the game didn't evolve because of the remake, but merely looked better. Graphics were the big plus, as were sound; a few new things like the gaiden chapters, some algorithms for battles were changed (maybe?), online play. Yet overall, the remake felt a lot more like a port of the 90s Fire Emblem, which itself was fairly archaic at its time in terms of play. The level design was fairly jarring, aesthetically-speaking, and the script was fairly abrupt and stunted. From what I remember, the Japanese version of the DS remake is actually a 1:1 copy of the original Famicom script, withstanding any new dialogue and text.

Perhaps people felt dissatisfied because it wasn't a remake along the lines of the GameCube Resident Evil.