Remaking a fire Emblem

Trickster

Remaking a fire emblem  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake another fire emblem if yes, which one?

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade(or Sword of seals or whatever you want to call it)
    • Fire Emblem(Blazing Blade)
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn
    • Nothing should be remade

edit: also get out with your semantics, the intent is obvious

Not obvious to me apparently.

I legitimately get annoyed when people criticize FE11 for not having supports, even though it does.

Granted, the fact that the game never tells you when characters have reached a higher support level is bullsh*t.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 and 5, but only if IS plans to bundle them together. I totally would not mind it if they found some way to tell both stories at the same time (as they are connected anyway), and have us play both games at once. I'm thinking 30 overall chapters, with the story of FE5 taking place somewhere in the middle. Honestly, the FE5 bit should probably last 5-10 chapters. Or, make the very important bits span the 5-10 chapters, and make the rest span paralogues similar to the style of FE13.

Fog of War should be brought back for some chapters. I miss it after not having it for so long.

This would be less of a remake and more of a redo, which is more or less what I want. If remakes of FE4 and 5 came out tomorrow, not many would play them, as they're both inaccessible today (save us diehard fans).

Although

It's OK, they'll make her playable. Along with every other enemy who doesn't look like a generic bandit. Can't wait to use ELLIOT (get Lachesis to talk to him, obviously, autopairs them too).

I for one can't wait to have killing Elliot be a conscious decision on my part, as opposed to just "one more thing I have to do to advance the game"

Although

I for one can't wait to have killing Elliot be a conscious decision on my part, as opposed to just "one more thing I have to do to advance the game"

I too, found myself falling unconscious at the start of Chapter 2. You're not the only one.

How do you see reclassing being done in future remakes?

For the GotHW do you see reclassing being set up so that while none of the 1st Gen characters can reclass, the 2nd Gen characters can (including fixed characters)?

How do you see reclassing being done in future remakes?

For the GotHW do you see reclassing being set up so that while none of the 1st Gen characters can reclass, the 2nd Gen characters can (including fixed characters)?

I'm not sure how it would be done but I'd like to see a mix of the DS and Awakening Mechanics. Namely, I'd like to keep how FE12 does not reset levels after a reclass (to avoid all that internal level vs displayed level junk) and keep FE12's ability to reclass as many times/people as desired at the beginning of each chapter (no second seals required), however I think they should keep FE13's class sets and restrict each character's possible reclasses to a subset of 3-5 classes based on personality (since things like Curate Draug made no sense).

during the main game i don't think i'd mind it if they put caps on the amount of units you could have in one class at one time again, either. it was annoying for me in fe11 a little bit because some classes had much less characters in said class, so the cap would be at 2 or 3. an arbitrary cap of 5 sounds like it could work.

during the main game i don't think i'd mind it if they put caps on the amount of units you could have in one class at one time again, either. it was annoying for me in fe11 a little bit because some classes had much less characters in said class, so the cap would be at 2 or 3. an arbitrary cap of 5 sounds like it could work.

Yeah I agree. It was annoying how you could have like 10 cavaliers but only 2 of the better classes like hunter or pirate. However, allowing you to have as many hunters as archers would totally make archers obsolete in FE11 and FE12.

Thinking about it, if reclassing was there for the 2nd Gen characters and was tied to classes of the parents, how would Seliph's class options be handled?

Would somebody make a man version of the Shaman class to account for Deirdre? Or make Shamans not a class for women?

Edited by The Void

I want a FE8 remake because it was rushed and went to keep fans calmed till PoR was released so it couldn't reach it's full potential, but a remake could have some of that stuff that could've been in the game and would make it much better than it is.