Remaking a fire Emblem

Trickster

Remaking a fire emblem  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake another fire emblem if yes, which one?

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade(or Sword of seals or whatever you want to call it)
    • Fire Emblem(Blazing Blade)
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn
    • Nothing should be remade

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember, the Japanese version of the DS remake is actually a 1:1 copy of the original Famicom script, withstanding any new dialogue and text.

Actually, from what I remember, Linde's recruitment text got censored with the slave traders becoming mere bandits, so it's not quite 1:1.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Of course, most people are rooting for 4 & 5 due to 4 (arguably) being the best in the series. But with Gaiden being the more unique game of the series, the foundation of many features throughout the series, and tragically the least known about, no other game deserves it more. It also could use more artwork

FE4. No MU please though. MU's a great, wonderful concept... that wouldn't work in FE4.

Although, Reclassing and killing Weapon Weight would be a godsend (The latter can already be done through hacking, and goes leaps and bounds for bringing balance to the game.) Reclassing would put more thought into the pairings, which, unlike Awakening were rather static.

Edited by Airship Canon

Actually, from what I remember, Linde's recruitment text got censored with the slave traders becoming mere bandits, so it's not quite 1:1.

It was censored in the Japanese version, or in the localization release? I was talking about the Japanese version of the DS remake; the localized versions, or at least the North American one, attempted to make the script sound more eloquent/entertaining, and had a few alterations like what you mentioned. But because the source text was itself still as rigid as it was in the 90s, that didn't lend much substance in the translation. When fans complain that the DS remake's story felt flat, I would think that was partly due to the limited script.

ha, can't marry Ishtar aka best girl in FE4

It's OK, they'll make her playable. Along with every other enemy who doesn't look like a generic bandit. Can't wait to use ELLIOT (get Lachesis to talk to him, obviously, autopairs them too).

man, why does everyone hate shadow dragon. not all fire emblem games can be the best games out there. shadow dragon is a fine game.

Shadow Dragon is wonderful. I don't get why people hate it so much specifically, what are these series standards people keep on totting?

It's OK, they'll make her playable. Along with every other enemy who doesn't look like a generic bandit. Can't wait to use ELLIOT (get Lachesis to talk to him, obviously, autopairs them too).

Shadow Dragon is wonderful. I don't get why people hate it so much specifically, what are these series standards people keep on totting?

Oh I can't wait to use ZYNE and HAROLD

It was censored in the Japanese version, or in the localization release? I was talking about the Japanese version of the DS remake; the localized versions, or at least the North American one, attempted to make the script sound more eloquent/entertaining, and had a few alterations like what you mentioned. But because the source text was itself still as rigid as it was in the 90s, that didn't lend much substance in the translation. When fans complain that the DS remake's story felt flat, I would think that was partly due to the limited script.

Well, I heard it's also bandits in the Japanese version. Personally I haven't seen Shadow Dragon's Japanese script, so I can't say for certain that the censorship was also there. Maybe someone who can check can find out...?

I say they should remake Fire Emblem Gaiden. Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu and Fire Emblem Thracia 776 are master pieces already I would be mad if they remade those two no need to remake something that is already perfect. So yeah I would have them go at a Gaiden remake Gaiden was pretty interesting and had some neat features such as your weapons never breaking and the stat caps of 40 not to mention the neat items.

I said FE7 mainly because I'd love to see one of my favorites redone in the awakening style of graphics and use of voice actors. They had some of my favorite characters as well. Now if they remade 4 and 5 well, complaining would be the opposite of my reaction but I'd still like to 7 get done again.

I said FE7 mainly because I'd love to see one of my favorites redone in the awakening style of graphics and use of voice actors. They had some of my favorite characters as well. Now if they remade 4 and 5 well, complaining would be the opposite of my reaction but I'd still like to 7 get done again.

If FE7 is even remade, I would prefer it if they added more characters like they did with the Archanea game remakes.

I think I'd prefer ports as direct as possible with regard to the unreleased stories in the series, though that's more out of a "don't let these important bits of art history die" perspective than "it'll load your coffers" perspective.

I would be interested to see another story set in Jugdral, though. The original Holy War (and maybe the aftermath?) seems like the lowest-hanging fruit the series could possibly set a game in, for example.

Edited by Rehab

Fully party of Brock clones gogogogogo.

Oh I can't wait to use ZYNE and HAROLD

You could pair them up to produce MUSAR. His support with Oifaye would be amazing, "You look just like your fathers!" FE4 or 5 would make interesting remakes, although 2 probably needs it the most.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not so sure about remaking any game. I have this bad feeling that if they do remake 4 and 5, it will be with the artstyle they introduced with 13, as that was admittedly one reason why it did so well in sales compared to it's predecessors.(I do feel this style works well with 13 though) Also, I'd rather have no supports than this "let's train together!" dialogue they used so often in 13.

One interesting remake would be Gaiden, but I'd rather want IS to work on an entirely new FE instead, or another Advance Wars.

FE4 and 5.

Also, about Shadow Dragon, I think it's a great game. I'll never understand the hate for either one of the DS games. Though NMotE is a lot less hated.

Edited by PKL

FE4 and 5.

Also, about Shadow Dragon, I think it's a great game. I'll never understand the hate for either one of the DS games. Though NMotE is a lot less hated.

Shadow Dragon:

-no supports at all (no, those handful of convos don't count)

-access gaidens we should call them paralogues now by committing mass suicide!

one thing I'll give it over FE12 is the lack of combining the male reclass options, that was stupid

When will people stop confusing supports with convos?

FE11 has a support system.

support convos

also they're invisible, which sucks (granted FE12's doesn't exactly match up with the convos, but it's still a better indicator than NOTHING)

edit: also get out with your semantics, the intent is obvious

Edited by shadykid