3ds won't charge with AC Adapter

wraghelm

So yeah. I've tried it on 2 different adapters (one of which was brand new) and several different outlets and it wont charge. It does charge using a USB cable though, which is what I'll be using until this gets fixed I guess. Send help.

UPDATE: K, all is well now. The AC Adapter was just busted. The "new" one I got had the wrong voltage (shadykid mentioned something about this down there). I got another one and its working :D

Edited by wraghelm

I don't think the OP meant he plugged his system in to multiple charge sources at the same time. I think he meant he tried a bunch of different adaptors and they didn't work. I do remember Nintendo products being extremely finicky when it comes to charging. Any time I go to China, I can't charge my DS Lite or 3DS in most wall plugs even though everything else worked. I also have a portable USB charger that works for my phone and can supply power to my 3DS but occasionally it stops charging the system for no reason. I don't really have advice to give but you aren't the only one who has had problems with charging your system.

I don't think the OP meant he plugged his system in to multiple charge sources at the same time.

no, not that...see, sometimes devices have a usb port, and can be charged just by connecting the device to a computer or something. other times, there's an adapter that'll go into the same port as an AC adapter, but have a usb head on the other end. i don't know what a 3DS looks like.

I don't think the OP meant he plugged his system in to multiple charge sources at the same time. I think he meant he tried a bunch of different adaptors and they didn't work. I do remember Nintendo products being extremely finicky when it comes to charging. Any time I go to China, I can't charge my DS Lite or 3DS in most wall plugs even though everything else worked. I also have a portable USB charger that works for my phone and can supply power to my 3DS but occasionally it stops charging the system for no reason. I don't really have advice to give but you aren't the only one who has had problems with charging your system.

voltage differences, silly NoA doesn't make them for stuff outside America

(funny thing, even with a converter I had to angle the charger, really weird)

voltage differences, silly NoA doesn't make them for stuff outside America

(funny thing, even with a converter I had to angle the charger, really weird)

Yeah, I know China operates in the 50 Hz range instead of the 60 Hz range like North America and Japan, but I still couldn't get it to work even with converters (probably because they were cheap ones that weren't actually working). Meanwhile I could just plug in my PSP and charge without issue. The exception were some bathroom outlets designed for electric razors and hairdryers that lowered the voltage.

With regards to the OP, do you use the official charger, unofficial ones (which the USB one would be I guess), or both? Because I wonder if it might be voltage problem between the charger and the voltage of the wall socket, since you said the USB charger was working.

Edited by Samias