Feedback for my "works"

Verdant Shade

It seems it's about time that I should put this up.

I won't even dare to assume my work's any good, but I'll leave the final verdict of how bad and disorganized it is up to the brave few to even read it. It's nothing more than musings and what comes to me on the spur of the moment - it's not truly a fan fiction, in that sense.

That's a cool bunch of ideas you've got there!

I hope we do get to hack Awakening at some point... As in, adding in playable characters and such...

I suppose if you gave a character a reinforcement ability, you'd have to make it balanced... Like, you can't just suddenly get Basilio to summon a bunch of heroes to the field on Grima.

That's a cool bunch of ideas you've got there!

I hope we do get to hack Awakening at some point... As in, adding in playable characters and such...

I suppose if you gave a character a reinforcement ability, you'd have to make it balanced... Like, you can't just suddenly get Basilio to summon a bunch of heroes to the field on Grima.

I never thought someone would actually post in here.

Don't worry. Despite the fact that I've technically never played a pokemon game, if there's one thing I can say about the community it's their handywork at cracking the next gen handheld. It may take them more time, what with firmware and the possibility of needing hard/soft modding, etc, but they have my confidence, especially considering the fight against hacking (and piracy) is a. . . how to say it. . . not a "losing" battle, but an uphill battle? Bah, back to the actual ideas!

True, which is part of why they're supposed to be skills - they take up a valuable skill slot. There are quite a few ways they could also be limited.

For instance, the original reinforce skill, IIRC, called in 1 Falcoknight and 2 Pegasus Knights when it was used, and it could only be used twice per chapter. It could be performed in place of the wait or attack command, and the units appeared adjacent to the user. Using it to it's fullest mean you had 6 "direct-able" NPC units who never really leveled up.

One thing I'd like to point out is that this context has only one units which can normally use Reinfoce. I've not tested what happens when you have more than one unit with the Reinforce skill, since it's Tanith's citizen skill. Presumably, it would be easy enough to impose an army wide limit.

That alone, however, would shaft any earlier characters who summon weak units from being used at the same time as new units, such as say a recruited Raimi's knights and soldiers never being used once you got Basilio's Warriors and Berserkers.

That in and of itself could be remedied two ways - either the support untis could scale with their user's level and promotion, or rather than a hard limit on how many times Reinforce can be used per battle, every character's individual Reinforce skill uses up a certain portion of a "Reinforce" point pool, meaning weaker reinforcements may be called more times per battle.

Another thing with these skills is the fact that Reinforce and Summon. . . well, they just aren't that good for the current FE13 maps, especially normal chapters, which rarely involve much defending or spreading your forces thin. These aren't massive Jugdral style maps where you have to hold a home castle from powerful assault while still capturing enemy bases, FE13 boils down to kill all the enemies, or kill the commander hiding behind all the enemies. . . At best, it'd serve to buy you time against enemy reinforcements spawning behind the player.