League of Legends

I'm personally starting to fall into solo top or jungle. I just don't like playing carries.

And Swain's ultimate is HAX. Seriously. Guy is incredible on top.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys can someone make a fucking list of what AD and AP and carry and Solo Queue and ADC means because I can't read your shit.

Also this is the longest game I've played in to date:

5f676d22980f4e1a52888b51c19d0571.png

Edited by Raven

Just for you, Raven. This guide is wonderful for newbies (you're not) but the terms are in there. Read it, you might learn something. I definitely did.

• Gank: Verb. "Gang Kill". To ambush. To gang up on a champion. “I am being ganked, help!” means he/she is being attacked by two or more champion's. “Come top and gank” means he/she would like you to help them attack an enemy champion.
  • Invade: Verb. To go into the enemy sides jungle with the intention of stealing a buff or getting kills. “Lets invade” or “we are being invaded!”.
  • CS: Noun. Creep score. The number of minion kills. “My cs is so high”, or “his cs is really good”.
  • Fed: Adjective. To be fed is to have a lot of money, usually from champion kills. Fed champions are really powerful because they have good items. Also referred to as “big” or “to be big”.
  • Feed: Verb. To give kills away intentionally, or unnecessarily. To die to a dangerous enemy champion making them stronger.
  • Snowball: Verb. When a game or lane goes massively in one sides favor. A small advantage given early often causes a game to “snowball out of control”.
  • Build: Noun. Usually refers to the order of buying items or items that have been bought. Can also refer to runes, masters, skill order, and items of a champion in whole.
  • Carry: Verb. To have a disproportionate impact on the game or have a disproportionate number of kills. “Olaf is carrying the game”, “ the enemy team was carried by their support”, ect.
  • Squishy: Adjective. A champion that is easy to kill.
  • Tanky: Adjective. A champion that can take a lot of damage.
  • MIA: Stand for missing in action. It is a lane call players make when the person in their lane disappears. This means “watch out, they might be ganking some place!”. You should always call mai if your lane buddy goes missing as well.
  • Meta/Metagame: Noun. The current popular strategies and tactics. What you come to expect from players before the game even starts. What it currently considered to be effective.
  • GP10: This stands for gold per ten seconds. This refers to runes, masteries, and items that give you passive gold, like .
  • CDR: cool down reduction.
  • MR: Magic resist
  • AD: attack damage
  • AP: ability power
  • adc: ad carry, attack damage carry. A champion role in the game.
  • B: Means press the b button to go back. “I am going to b”. “b and go heal”. “He just b'ed”, ect.
  • Care: Short for careful. Means be cautious. Danger might be incoming.
  • Many items have abbreviations as well. GA stand for Guardian Angel. BT is Bloodthirster, and so on. You pick it up as you go.

Edited by Life Admiral

Just for you, Raven. This guide is wonderful for newbies (you're not) but the terms are in there. Read it, you might learn something. I definitely did.

• Invade: Verb. To go into the enemy sides jungle with the intention of stealing a buff or getting kills. “Lets invade” or “we are being invaded!”.
  • CS: Noun. Creep score. The number of minion kills. “My cs is so high”, or “his cs is really good”.
  • Snowball: Verb. When a game or lane goes massively in one sides favor. A small advantage given early often causes a game to “snowball out of control”.
  • GP10: This stands for gold per ten seconds. This refers to runes, masteries, and items that give you passive gold, like .
  • CDR: cool down reduction.
  • MR: Magic resist
  • AD: attack damage
  • AP: ability power
  • adc: ad carry, attack damage carry. A champion role in the game.
  • B: Means press the b button to go back. “I am going to b”. “b and go heal”. “He just b'ed”, ect.
  • Many items have abbreviations as well. GA stand for Guardian Angel. BT is Bloodthirster, and so on. You pick it up as you go.[/color]

Cheers. I deleted the things I knew so what's above are things I'd not heard of before or didn't know of. Good to know this stuff I guess.

Is there some trick to carrying games that I'm missing? Every ranked game I play with rumble I get 10+ kills with 5-7 deaths and assists. Yet my Solo queue win percentage with rumble is my lowest at 16.6%. In comparison my udyr stats is like 2/3/2 per game with a 50% win rate.

If you're trying to carry a pub ranked game, do not play solo top. Solo top is the role that has the least effect on the game; you're basically in a 1v1 for 20 minutes with occasional ganks. The reason why your Udyr is far more effective for winning games is that jungle is one of the best roles to win games with, as ganking directly affects every lane and control of dragon/baron. You'd probably have an even better win rate in solo queue with a jungler like Olaf, who scales ridiculously well into mid and lategame, while Udyr has significant trouble contributing damage later on and has to settle into a tankier role, unless you go Tiger, but don't jungle Tiger.

Is there some trick to carrying games that I'm missing? Every ranked game I play with rumble I get 10+ kills with 5-7 deaths and assists. Yet my Solo queue win percentage with rumble is my lowest at 16.6%. In comparison my udyr stats is like 2/3/2 per game with a 50% win rate.

You're probably not pressuring the map enough. It's fairly easy to get ahead in lane with Rumble but you have to translate that into some kind of other advantage, otherwise the enemy guy is just gonna farm and the gap between the two of you will slowly close. When you're ahead, gank mid and take dragon, or take the enemy buffs, or just generally make some kind of play elsewhere on the map. Unless you're laning against someone who scales far more poorly than you (e.g. Garen, Pantheon), winning lane isn't doing enough to really "carry" a game from top lane.

Sometimes, though, it's just out of your hands.

Oh, that post reminds me.

You need to take towers. Like, past 10 minutes, kill those things off. I've lost and seen many people lose games where they had a gold or experience advantage simply because there was no pushing whatsoever. Everyone was too focused on farming the jungle and getting kills to do what they had to do to win the game proper.

Edit: And raging and getting angry at teammates is completely counterproductive. If you have someone being an ass, just take it and report them afterwards, you'll never win if you're arguing.

Edited by Ninji

Oh, that post reminds me.

You need to take towers. Like, past 10 minutes, kill those things off. I've lost and seen many people lose games where they had a gold or experience advantage simply because there was no pushing whatsoever. Everyone was too focused on farming the jungle and getting kills to do what they had to do to win the game proper.

I agree with this but with the addendum that there are situations where taking the tower is disadvantageous. Taking tower, pushing out and roaming can be good when it creates situations where the enemy laner must choose between pushing (and losing farm from it) and letting you roam around the map while they catch back up. However, there are definitely situations where you may roam but be unable to make plays elsewhere letting them freefarm (for example, if the enemy mid can clear waves quickly and safely, it becomes much harder to pressure), which is ultimately just a colossal waste of your time. This becomes especially dangerous if your opposing laner has a strong lategame, like a Nasus or Jax, and you end up relieving pressure on them by taking tower.

There's no real way to distinguish between the two situations other than by using your own discretion, though

You mean: "I buy armor and then she does no damage forever"

From who's perspective?

That's what armour penetration is for, I suppose.

Edited by Raven

Tristana

Explosive Shot

Fixed: Passive damage no longer activates from spell damage

Fixed: Tooltip now reflects the Ability Power ratio

Whelp. There goes my dreams of having fun with AP Trist.

Fixed: Passive damage no longer activates from spell damage

HOW'S THAT A FIX THAT'S A CHANGE.

now you can't burst people from 100% -> 0% with one Rocket Jump and a crowd of minions! :<

But:

Matchmaking improved for highly skilled players trying to queue with lower skilled friends

YES NOW I MIGHT NOT GO 0/5/10 EVERY TIME I PLAY WITH FRIENDS.

Beginner bots are now less likely to assist each other during kill and retreat situations

More realistic lol.

Edited by Ninja Caterpie

I feel I owe the results of this game to Annie and Joey for providing me with useful information and tips. <3

87620953403e837eb6db5427054a0022.png

I spent most the game running around, hunting champs as opposed to minion killing, as you can see. Might have been risky, but meh. Positive result get!