League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the game they crashed us out of after we started winning, wasn't it? Support Leblanc OP.

@ez How on earth did you manage 1 loss? (And that was completely unfair to them, by the way.)

Having the game crash when I get 15 stacks of Mejai isn't fun :(.

@ez How on earth did you manage 1 loss? (And that was completely unfair to them, by the way.)

I was playing jungle yi and my top lane morde went 0/5 in lane in a matter of 10mins vs tryndamere. Although to be fair we still ended up having the upper hand but ultimately I lost the game for my team by making a bad baron call(although it doesn't help that the mid galio on my team that game missed 90% of his ults and skillshots)

Are we talking about the sheer awesome that is support? 'Cause I'm noticing that Sona is pretty much back on par with everyone else. Sure, her heals and auras are still a little bit low, but the speed on her casts is ridiculous, and getting that W Power Chord on an AD Carry plus Exhaust is beautiful.

Finally got around to trying out the new Kat... not really impressed. I was pretty fond of the old one, and I'm not sure what I think about this new one... I need to play it a bit more, but she just feels so weak in the mid game which used to be her time to shine. Not much of a fan of the new voice either, but I guess I'll get used to it.

So I've been spending my weekdays running AI first wins on easy bots and nothing else. Last weekend was Karthus, who is not only faceroll but inevitable, so I could still carry. And I was still okay with Jax and the jungle then. But this weekend I played like complete @#$%. Seriously. I place that performance at about 800 elo. Like...what in the *censored* just happened to my elo?

I guess I just didn't expect the performance drop to be quite so severe. Ugh.

Finally got around to trying out the new Kat... not really impressed. I was pretty fond of the old one, and I'm not sure what I think about this new one... I need to play it a bit more, but she just feels so weak in the mid game which used to be her time to shine. Not much of a fan of the new voice either, but I guess I'll get used to it.

She actually feels a whole lot stronger to me, and her farming ability got insanely better.

That being said, my IGN is taeccool if anybody wants to play. Been playing for a few years now, only 1300 elo since I don't play ranked much.

Edited by Eltoshen

She actually feels a whole lot stronger to me, and her farming ability got insanely better.

After playing her a lot more (about 25 games or so I think), my impression is that, yea, you have to farm for 25+ minutes to get anywhere. It's a lot easier with the new W, but you're not going to kill your lane opponent unless they mess up badly or you have a great jungler. Ganking is also pretty much out of the question, although you can countergank nicely if the opportunity presents itself.

The problem is that they turned Kat from a stomp-or-fail assassin who had a good window in the midgame to make her presence known, to a no-CC AoE lategame teamfight champion. The problem with that is that Vlad and Karthus exist and are just way better than Kat will ever be at it, and she doesn't have the laning pressure to make up for it anymore (Kat could win some lanes with the old bouncing blades, at least).

She's not unsalvageable or anything, but I definitely feel she needs some tweaks on her numbers.

Overall, I think she's pretty much the same as where she was beforehand, only without the clunkiness of a 3second ult. Being able to dish out her ult in 2 seconds, along with her W after being marked with her Q just does insane damage in a shorter amount of time. Overall, I feel more safe playing Kat now then I did in the past.

Pre-remodel Kat would most of the time have to jump onto the enemy with her E if she wanted all of her potential damage output. Now that E is beneficial to max last (and not her main damage output), she doesn't have to jump at the enemy champion, making her harass so much easier when she can either jump to a nearby minion and Q+W or Q+W+E away before the enemy can trade damage.