Musical Chairs Mafia, Town Wins, the Mod Loses

NekoRex

Shin seems basically clear from Prims's huge push on Objection, so FMPOV I think one of scorri or kirsche are the scum. kirsche's interactions with Objection look bad (they never push or address each other directly ever basically), but his vote on Darros makes me think he's unlikely to be scum.

This would be the point at which I vote scorri, but yeah.

Regarding my waffling, I would like to remind people that I didn't try to push another wagon late D1. I expressed hesitation while keeping my vote down, which is more characteristic of scum lynching a townie than a bus.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the point where I could try to argue my way out of this lynch, but at best I would gain a day. So instead, here's what I'm going to do.

SB: When the mod puts information in a post and then edits it out, you should not start hinting about what it said. You should not post anything until you get a chance to straight up talk to the host. You should probably ask for a sub if the information causes you to look at things differently. And most importantly, you should never, *ever* tell every single person playing what the information that was edited out was. It was edited out. It was clearly going to affect the game in a negative way if everyone knew the information. The mod clearly didn't want people to know. Therefore, you don't talk about it. You ask for a sub, and you let the game carry on as it would have.

##Vote:scorri

If Neko didn't want people to know, he shouldn't have posted anything. In all fairness, it wasn't the main reason you got caught - Objection's logic was horribad, and you never said much about it. That kinda sealed the deal.

I also find this amusing;

Since Darros flipped scum, it's unlikely Objection is unless he was really stupid and decided to help kill one of his teammates.

Fear Psychic SHIN.

I'll agree that it was kind of lame in hindsight, but I think it didn't end up effecting much in the end because of Objection interactions and poe. Don't really think it was scorri's fault since she subbed into a playerslot that didn't look too good to begin with, and then the Objection interactions were kind of the nail in the coffin.

If Neko didn't want people to know, he shouldn't have posted anything.

No, that's not how that works. Neko made a mistake, yes, but he edited it out. Which says, oh, I don't know, that maybe he didn't want people to know it. Which means SB shouldn't have talked about it. I don't think it's the main reason I was caught. Never did. But that doesn't mean I can't get very annoyed at the fact that someone decided to use information from the mod that they were not supposed to know.

The "End of Day 3" Votecount

Strege (2): kirsche, Elie

Elie (6): Shin, BBM, Strege, kirsche, SB, Shinori

BBM (1): Objection

Shinori (1): Elieson

Voteless Scum: Kay

In Need Of Subs: Kay

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Elieson was lynched! He was town! He was the Roleblocker!

It is now N3. Send in Night Actions etc etc

Lol bbm I was a town read here?

Yeah, my play as the mod was pretty much a trail of fire wherever I decided to go. The first mistake was probably handing scum the wrong scum PMs (which lead to an incorrect flip, and forcing the scum to do something different for that night's kill). There was also the numerous other errors like "randomly" killing Kay and making it sort of obvious it wasn't random, or that it wasn't a proper scum kill, having that first batch of PMs be in error, the ridiculous inability of mine to be present at the right times (my sleep schedule has been in tatters), having to make rule updates midgame that could have affected the outcome of the day (ie the No Hammer No Lynch rule), the lack of prods, and a ton of other things.

I definitely was a pretty shitty mod this game, but hopefully that will be a one-time thing, as I definitely have modded better in the past.

I still don't regret that modkill, however. That's the only thing I'm going to stand by as doing right. Trying to influence if I should force a No Lynch or not by giving the excuse "I was tactically lurking" only serves to make me not want to allow a lynch, even if you were "a few minutes shy of posting that vote order". It was then followed by trying to bitch me out of my own game, threatening that I "will never be able to mod a game here again", and other nastiness that I simply wasn't going to allow.

You guys also did a lot of stuff I'm not pleased about, like that D1 No Lynch (which I forced to happen, but wanted to hold town accountable for it), and the scum basically not being present the entire game, but I feel like I could have managed it better regardless.

Anyways, here's a mod QT with all the night actions and role assignments and other fanciness. http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/gHCjDaAC3FbC5

Edited by NekoRex

lol

I didn't pay much attention to this game after subbing out but I was pretty sure at least one of BBM and Strege was scum just because nobody ever NKed them. Fuck you guys for not being around to lynch scum D1 though.

Fun fact: Refa told me that he tracked Objection the night he died and saw Objection shooting him in the face. Refa did amazing for a new player, one of the best new players I've ever seen.

Prims post game.

Yeah, I wasn't saying Refa wasn't good. Good call on that track. Guess we actually got lucky then.

I know you weren't saying that, haha, I was just personally surprised by how "on the ball" he was since the beginning, despite having no previous mafia experience (just listening to SB, BBM, Shin, and me never shutting up about it).

Thanks for all of the compliments guys (and girls)! Now I'm just worried I'll have to live up to this good first impression haha.

To be fair, it was Shinori's suggestion to kill Refa if you haven't read the scum quicktopic. And I was planning on jumping of the wagon but it's not my fault Darros never came back.

But I'm not saying Refa wasn't good, 10/10 better than my play.

Edited by Objection!