Musical Chairs Mafia, Town Wins, the Mod Loses

NekoRex

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really, if nobody has the tracker role after it's been used then the person who claims to have used it can still be cleared, or it creates a 1v1 which in most cases is even better for town.

Leavin work, I'm in my car. Quick read before I run to daycare.

I didn't claim doc nor did I intend for it to be read as such. I was expressing a hypothetical situation

I said while signing up that my activity would be limited. ;/

Strege, you're right, potential WIFOM is a possible reason for why scum might have done it. However, the reason I presented for why scum wouldn't is just as valid and no less likely, which is why it's null, so I don't like you making it out to be scummy. I don't disagree with what you said about BC's SB vote, but it's retroactive reasoning that doesn't apply for why you chose to keep the vote on him over Elie when you admit that the vote there was a weak RVS case and you found Elie's actions mildly scummy. You also said "now I find him scummier", which implies you didn't originally.

@sb of course that requires the role to be used in the first place, and town still hasn't come to a consensus on whether to use all of the roles, or which roles should be used, if any at all. or even if people will be confirming current/past roles.

strege's reasoning seems shaky, HOWEVER i think bearclaw seems more scummy. he didn't post who he was voting for for quite a while despite seemingly being on (he sure made it apparent to us that he was on, anyways) on the grounds of not wanting to put a pointless vote....YET he votes for SB because he disagrees with SB's plans despite acknowledging that they were made for the purpose of spurring on discussion. sure, it's day 1, and it's not like anyone has particularly spectacular reasoning, but then why didn't he vote earlier in that case?

of course, all of this is just speculation, he could just be incompetent, but as he's the most likely candidate from my perspective...

##Vote: Lonely Wallcrab

I said while signing up that my activity would be limited. ;/

Strege, you're right, potential WIFOM is a possible reason for why scum might have done it. However, the reason I presented for why scum wouldn't is just as valid and no less likely, which is why it's null, so I don't like you making it out to be scummy. I don't disagree with what you said about BC's SB vote, but it's retroactive reasoning that doesn't apply for why you chose to keep the vote on him over Elie when you admit that the vote there was a weak RVS case and you found Elie's actions mildly scummy. You also said "now I find him scummier", which implies you didn't originally.

My argument against Wallcrab was only that his opening posts felt stilted. I consider him not voting to be null, but not that. My read on Elie was up in the air for a bit and I still dunno if I'd have voted him over Wallcrab before Wallcrab's vote on SB. The "now" bit was only to clarify the current state of my reads (I think... I remember putting that word in while editing my post for a specific reason but I can't remember it >.>).

Bleh, my mod question was related to the plan for one-shots but I'm not sure it's actually helpful either way. Leaning toward not using all of them on N1 because of jan-shenanigans as kirsche has said.

SB, do you find anyone besides Wallcrab scummy? I can't tell if you think Terrador's content is scummy or if you just think it isn't good.

prims why

My argument against Wallcrab was only that his opening posts felt stilted. I consider him not voting to be null, but not that.

Bleh, that's not even true now is it. idk anymore; taking a walk because I need it apparently.

Scumreading who?

Prims' last post is bothering me because it handwaves 5 posts of discussion while not adding anything himself. Feels like a poor attempt at lurking.

##Unvote

##Vote: Mafia Sucks

Contribute please.

I'm not really against it, more like I don't think it's alignment-relevant since scum aren't going to go "hey, here's this really shitty plan that would sabotage town's efforts" and being one alignment isn't going to change the way they think about a set-up.

Scumreading who?

Prims' last post is bothering me because it handwaves 5 posts of discussion while not adding anything himself. Feels like a poor attempt at lurking.

##Unvote

##Vote: Mafia Sucks

Contribute please.

joke's on u when i confirm myself as town by shooting you tonight

he didn't post who he was voting for for quite a while despite seemingly being on (he sure made it apparent to us that he was on, anyways)

I was offline until my first post to basically confirm I was playing... past that my attention was divided because my grandparents needed help with Skype.

Putting that aside though it is true that my post there was pretty bad. I'll try do my best to get some more content going tonight.

I'm not really against it, more like I don't think it's alignment-relevant since scum aren't going to go "hey, here's this really shitty plan that would sabotage town's efforts" and being one alignment isn't going to change the way they think about a set-up.

Is it not plausible that scum could go "hey, they have this plan and they're getting really organised; I'm going to try and undermine it"? Heck, I wouldn't put it past scum to try and give us a plan which is bad, as it gives them cred for seeming like they're trying to organise everyone when really they're hindering the town.

Threatening me isn't what I'd call contributing, do you think Bear is scummy for other reasons and what do you make of Strege and his interactions with others?

@NNR: If a townie were to use a one-shot role and be jankilled on the same night, would the janitor see a vanilla PM or that of the one-shot role.

Chairs are shuffled after all actions are resolved, so the latter.

This brings up a question I've yet to see the answer to: do one-shots that are used up become plain ol' vanilla, or are they specified as "depleted one-shot" in chair assignment and cardflip?

Good question. Vanillaizing takes place while the chairs are shuffled. I will not specify if the shot was used.

I will specify the flip as Vanilla if the shot was used on a night prior.

I think that's fair? I never considered it until now. The mechanics of the game make it so I personally have to withhold a good deal of information from town when I can.

Edited by NekoRex

Wait, just to clarify, if one were to use their one-shot cop N1; would the person who received the one-shot cop role be told that their shot was used up, or would it just be a vanilla role?

Wait, just to clarify, if one were to use their one-shot cop N1; would the person who received the one-shot cop role be told that their shot was used up, or would it just be a vanilla role?

Would be vanilla. You either recieve a role with no shot limit, a role with one shot, or vanilla. 0-shot roles are handed out with the exact same text as Vanilla (ie "You have no special abilities")

There are only so many ways I can explain (as from the first post) "The role becomes Vanilla (after all role actions are resolved) when the shot is used up"

Edited by NekoRex

Ok that's what I thought, but the clarification confused me.

Anyway, a lot of people seem to be coasting along and not commenting on anything. I forgot that Objection!! and Gregor were even playing, and I'm still not happy that Prims just handwaved 5 pages of discussion.

Strege realized his own contradiction, that when he voted for Bearclaw, he said that he found Bearclaw's initial post overthought because of the lack of vote. Now, I know he's too fat to be out on a walk for so long, so my vote stays until he explains that further.

Prims's apathy is extreme enough that I'm inclined to think too apathetic for scum.

NNR, in someone's flip, do you announce what their role was at that time? And if they were the holder of a 1-shot role they used on the night of their death, if role at moment of death is announced, will it reveal the 1-shot role or will it say Vanilla?

NNR, in someone's flip, do you announce what their role was at that time? And if they were the holder of a 1-shot role they used on the night of their death, if role at moment of death is announced, will it reveal the 1-shot role or will it say Vanilla?

If someone was a cop with their shot unused on N2 and died, they would flip as Cop.

If someone was a cop that used their shot on N2 and died, they would flip as Cop.

If someone used their Cop shot N1 and survived the night, I would erase "Cop" from my list of available chairs and add in another "Vanilla" chair. There would be no chair available to flip "Cop" from that point on in the game.

I hope I have completely clarified the mechanics of death flips and 1-shot roles.

Well... this certainly progressed further than expected...

Uh, ok. I think most of the arguing about claiming or not is not especially a scum tell or town tell. I think Prims claiming vig is basically what I'd expect from Prims no matter what, but the attitude he has right now is actually making me lean a bit more town than scum. I dunno, it just feels more like the way he'd act as town. Then again, I don't really have much data to work with from when he's scum, buuuuuut, I'm not going to try to fall to heavily into meta right now. Basically, I don't think his attitude makes him scum.

As for who I do think is scum... Honestly I'm not 100% sure right now. There's not been a lot of actual discussion outside of role discussion, which makes it hard for me to read people. One thing I'm not really liking is Terra. He starts off by saying that he finds Elie/SB scummy because he thinks they're too smart to be doing what they're doing, misreps Elie's "claim", but then is super waffly about his vote saying that "Oh, it's just an ED1 vote, don't take it too seriously." And then when people start calling him on the bit with Elie, he starts backing off real quick and saying things like "Oh, maybe I'm just being paranoid, I don't know" etc. further allowing for easy switching of opinions later down the line. He then rapidly drops the subject and instead switches to role discussion, possibly in an attempt to get the attention off of him.

##Vote: Terrador