Best Death Quote has been moved to new thread...

amadeuscho

Due to problems with the polls, the final round will be conducted in a new thread titled "Best deathquote finals, Emmeryn vs Gerome vs Yarne"

Inspired by the critical hit quote thread, I wanted to see which is the favorite death/retreat quote in the game. I've checked the forum and there appears to be no previous thread. I've split them up by generation, gender, and circumstance for the last question. All of these were taken from the Fire Emblem Wiki and Serenes Forest.

Onto the finals! It's down to:
Emmeryn vs Gerome vs Yarne for the best death quote! each comes from a different point in the game:

Emmeryn (Regular game): “I...I finally remember... But alas...I am too late... Lissa...Chrom...forgive me...”
Gerome (Paralogue 11): "Death...always has its...due... Go, Minerva... Be...free... "
Yarne (Future Past): "I don't care if I die out... But please...not the others... "

Again, the best can be for whatever reason you want: funniest, saddest, most original, etc. Whatever consitutes the best death quote.

To set the mood, I recommend playing either of these to themes while making the selection:
Unit Death
Game Over

Results, (bold indicates winner):
Best Male Parent Generation - Chrom: 2 | Frederick: 0 | Avatar: 0 | Virion: 7| Stahl: 1|The Vaike: 2| Kellam: 12| Donnel: 0| Lon’qu: 2 |Ricken:1| Gaius: 3|Gregor: 7| Libra: 4|Henry: 8|Basilio: 0|Gangrel: 0| Walhart: 0|Yen’fay: 4|Priam: 1 | Out of 54 votes.

Best Female Parent Generation - Avatar: 1| Lissa: 1| Sully: 0|Miriel: 1 |Sumia: 1| Maribelle: 0| Panne: 0 | Cordelia: 2| Nowi: 0| Tharja: 0| Anna: 10| Olivia: 6| Cherche: 0| Say’ri: 0| Tiki: 15 | Flavia: 0 | Emmeryn: 16| Aversa: 1 | Out of 54 votes.

Best of the Children Generation - Lucina: 1| Owain: 17| Inigo: 3| Brady: 0| Kjelle: 0| Cynthia: 5 | Severa: 0| Gerome: 4: Morgan(M): 1| Yarne: 2| Laurent: 7| Noire: 0 |Nah: 13| Morgam(F):1| Out of 54 votes.

Best Specific Chapter (characters part 1) – Chrom: 1| Donnel: 0| Gaius: 0| Libra: 4| Cordelia: 0| Tharja: 2| Say’ri: 0| Tiki: 2| Owain: 3| Inigo: 5| Brady: 3| Severa: 11| Yarne: 3| Morgan: 4| Gangrel: 7 | Walhart: 1| Yen’fay: 3| Aversa: 1| Emmeryn:3 | Walhart: 1 | Out of 54 votes.

Best Specific Chapter (characters part 2) – Anna: 4| Kjelle: 1| Cynthia: 5| Gerome: 14| Noire: 1| Nah: 3| Gangrel: 4| Emmeryn: 0| Yen’fay : 2| Aversa: 0| Panne: 0| Nowi: 0 | Out of 34 votes.

Semi-Finals Results, out of 41 votes:
Regular Death Quote: Kellam 13 | Emmeryn 19 | Owain 9
Specific Chapter Quote: Severa 19 | Gerome 22

Future Past Results: Nah 3 | Noire 3 | Kjelle 0 | Cynthia 0 | ??? (Male Morgan) 1 | Inigo 3 | Owain 0 | Brady 1 | Yarne 9 | ??? (Female Morgan) 2 | Lucina 5| Laurent 4 | Gerome 3 | Severa 7

Edited by jaytalks

Looking at these deaths/retreats,(excluding paralogue females, (Frederick, Virion, and Basilio for plot reasons) and all children) has anyone noticed that only the male characters actually die?

Looking at these deaths/retreats,(excluding paralogue females, (Frederick, Virion, and Basilio for plot reasons) and all children) has anyone noticed that only the male characters actually die?

this game is sexist confirmed

it's because they're potential mothers, and have extra text or something

Kellam because I never used him, so his death quote makes sense to me. The whole gimmick about not seeing him doesn't make me pick this, I just don't use him.

Olivia because her quote is the only one that encourages you to keep going rather than saying "ill retreat".

Cynthia because she says exactly what I would say if I were to die in battle.

Severa because its the most unexpected retreat quote of all of them. Basically shes saying, "I am leaving you to die" It fits her character well.

Edited by PrinceLeaf

The "specific chapter quotes" section is incomplete. Was that on purpose? And Chrom's Premonition quote is missing Validar's line. AND Morgan's is a little incorrect.

...You also have Morgan's Casual mode retreat quote in the "children generation" section, not the Classic mode deathquote.

Perfectionist, weeeee~...

Everything based on the Fire Emblem wiki, but did all the fixes you suggested. What is Validar's line? If it comes before or you're referring to the cutscene, then this will probably remain as.

The specific chapter quotes was incomplete as a result of the wiki as well, although the question has limits. using this resource, I will add the rest of their paralogue children death quotes to a separate question.

Thanks for the help.

What is Validar's line? If it comes before or you're referring to the cutscene, then this will probably remain as.

Like how Robin speaks up in Chrom's normal deathquote, it's right after Chrom's line:

Chrom

Robin, I...I'm sorry. Just...run while you can...

Validar

Gya ha ha! You can't escape it! That's why it's called destiny!

Like how Robin speaks up in Chrom's normal deathquote, it's right after Chrom's line:

change made. thanks again.

please answer the fifth question if you can. it's continued specific chapter deaths. added the ones not listed on the FE wiki. it begs the question: why didnt I just use the Serenes Forest resource on the thread for the Serenes Forest Forum?

Edited by jaytalks

To me the best death quotes are the ones that just have the perfect amount of character and a slight bit of despair.

Out of all of these Libra's is my favorite, spends his last moments pleading that his friends will be safe (single manly tear) or in the chapter he joins I think they did a good job of showing the hopelessness he feels for failing to make his death and those of his fellow warriors mean anything even sadder when we learn the exalt died anyways.

Honorable mentions to Anna learning a lesson as she lays dying but it feels kind of messed up seeing as how it was her motivation for everything. Therefore she realized as she was dying her entire life had been a waste save for perhaps the last few weeks.

Nah, all alone in a foreign world looking for her family and wanting to help only to die alone in an abandoned castle. Puts on a brave face as her vision fades to darkness.

Gerome, at the end of the day I don't like his character all that much but it's a sweet redeeming moment when he uphold his promise and lets Minerva fly freely once more.

kind of random, but now seeing Noire's "death quote" in her paralogue, does the chapter really end if she dies?

No, it doesn't.

As for who I voted for:

Henry

Emmeryn

Nah

Brady (Paralogue 7)

Gerome (Paralogue 11)

Ricken: “I'm sorry, Chrom... I can't fight anymore...”

Tiki:“I won't have to be alone...anymore...”

Cynthia: “I just...wanted to be a hero...”

Chrom (Premonition):“Avatar, I...I'm sorry. Just...run while you can...” Validar Gya ha ha! You can't escape it! That's why it's called destiny!

Yen'fay (Paralogue 21): "I have...nothing left to regret..."

--

I was always bugged by how only female units get to retreat. :/ They should at least die when they're killed if they die unmarried. Bah.

Libra, Emmeryn (For the same reasons really - Their characters of self-sacrifice are presented and the quotes are sad/touching in general) and Nah for generic death quotes (She's been feeling all alone, but is still putting on a brave face, even when dying). Severa for chapter-specific death quote... I actually dunno why I picked it. It sounded kind of ironically sad at first or something, but after some thinking it sounds like a giant "Screw you!" to Cordelia. <_<

Wow Noire doesn't even get her own special death quote in Para 15.

FE13 for worst game ever

Anyway:

Yen'Fay

Anna

Gerome

Brady

Gerome

Totally no bias

Edited by Rikiya Busujima

I don't really like Severa's character, but her death quote is really touching and kind of fitting. Resonates more than any of the others.

Also voted for Gregor's, Emm's, Gerome's, and Cynthia's.

Aaah, Laurent's quote in Future Past is not here, I "like" that one, is pretty sad and shows how much the children suffered. Well, from the options I choose:

Male first gen: Kellam (pretty depressing)

Female first gen: Emmeryn (tearjerker quote)

Children: Gerome

Specific chapter: Libra

change made. thanks again.

Wow Noire doesn't even get her own special death quote in Para 15.

Another fix is needed! ^^; Noire says "Farewell..." if she is defeated as an 'ally'. ...Which means on Turn 1 EP. ...Which means a rescue staff was used on her to put her in range of enemies. ...Which means I'm cruel for doing such a thing.

Is there going to be a section for the Future Past death quotes? Or would that be a different poll/thread entirely? Just curious.

Another fix is needed! ^^; Noire says "Farewell..." if she is defeated as an 'ally'. ...Which means on Turn 1 EP. ...Which means a rescue staff was used on her to put her in range of enemies. ...Which means I'm cruel for doing such a thing.

Thanks again. Changed.

Is there going to be a section for the Future Past death quotes? Or would that be a different poll/thread entirely? Just curious.

We can vote on that along with the finalists on a separate poll. the limit for amount of polls is 5, so I wouldn't be able to add that section at this point.

Noire says "Farewell..." if she is defeated as an 'ally'.

Thanks again. Changed.

But Chrom doesn't say anything when Noire dies. That line, [Damn and blazes! The girl is lost. ...There's nothing more for us here. Let's be on our way...], is after the chapter is finished. Maybe that was my own fault... Why the hell did I put the "not survive" ending dialogue before the "survive" ending dialogue on that page? -smacks self-

...I apologize for being so gosh-darned picky about this. D:

But Chrom doesn't say anything when Noire dies. That line, [Damn and blazes! The girl is lost. ...There's nothing more for us here. Let's be on our way...], is after the chapter is finished. Maybe that was my own fault... Why the hell did I put the "not survive" ending dialogue before the "survive" ending dialogue on that page? -smacks self-

...I apologize for being so gosh-darned picky about this. D:

It's no big deal. Thanks again. And I don't think I could ever be annoyed at a fellow Nepheenee fan.

Now time for round 2! By request, I've included the Future Past death quotes in its own poll. I also included the male and female morgan (??? in the game). Unfortunately, the Grima controlled avatar does not have a quote when you defeat him/her.

Onto the semi-finals:

The regular deaths: Kellam's sad invisibility allowed him to sneak past his others shepherds, and overcome his closest competitor, Henry, along with his twisted sense of death. Can his tragic vanishing act get him to appear in the finals?

Emmeryn's tragic return of her memories trumped Tiki's end to her decades and millenia of loneliness. Will Emmeryn remember what it's like to be a winner?

Owain's penchant for naming his swords even in death, trumped Nah's bravery in the end. Can his love for naming his sword get him named as a finalist?

The specific chapter deaths:

Severa's sadness in dying rather than her mother this time around seems to really struck a nerve with you all, defeating Gangrel's lonely statement of life and death. Gerome's setting free of his friend Minerva knock out Cynthia's heroism. Can Severa's love for her mother in death get her a lovely spot in the finals? Or will Gerome's actions to his animal mount carry him to the next round?

Edited by jaytalks