My crazy Zelda theory

blah the Prussian

My theory is that the Dark World is actually the place where u fight Demise in SS. Ghirahim created it after the sword was abandoned by Link. The trident from lttp is Ghirahim. Ghirahim was using Ganon to bring Princess Zelda to him, where he would revive Demise. Ghirahim should be the chief antagonist of lbtw.

I always thought the Dark World was the Sacred Realm except it was corrupted by Ganon when he entered it.

Not always, in fact I remember specifically it was mentioned in the game. btw I think Ghirahim's broke or something anyway

Edited by Lord Raven

I always thought the Dark World was the Sacred Realm except it was corrupted by Ganon when he entered it.

Not always, in fact I remember specifically it was mentioned in the game. btw I think Ghirahim's broke or something anyway

This is almost the correct answer. I believe actually the Sacred Realm became the Dark World after Ganon wished it using the Triforce, not immediately after he entered it.

Demise: "Very well, then. I shall prepare a place for us where we will not be bothered by distractions. If you still have the courage to face me, seek me there."

The area where you fight Demise was created by Demise himself as a battle arena, and has no connection to the Dark World. There is no evidence that the Trident and Ghirahim have any connection, other than the fact that swords and tridents are both weapons. Also, Demise's sword disintegrates after you beat him, implying that Ghirahim is destroyed.

I think the Historia states that the Dark World is the Sacred Realm corrupted by Ganon, there are also several implications that Skyloft is the Sacred Realm, such as official artwork of the Sacred Realm resembling the sky, and the Triforce being in Skyloft.