Has a game ever made you cry?

Slinky

91 members have voted

1. 1. Have you cried over a videogame?

NieR (B ending) - This also holds true to just about any other ending, depending on your point of view (due to physical limitations, had to YouTube the endings, and I hate myself for this).

Here you go!

Nier in general was just one big tear fest starting in the second half. I've never been so painfully close to crying in most of that game.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant's good ending too

Part 1

Part 2

First two Shadow Hearts games made Yuri one of my favorite protagonists of all time, and his ending finally gave him happiness.

And then, the entire last hour of Final Fantasy X was heartwrenching. You know it's coming but you can't stop it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler Ahoy! for those who have yet to play AA3: Trial and Tribulation (what are you doing anyway? Go and grab the game! Especially if you are a sucker for VN/Click-and-point adventure game)

4:38

I literally shed a drop of tear.

Such a great closure for the all built up the game have made for the case.

This is a perfection that I personally think no future AA titles could ever match its emotional impact.

Edited by Shengar

Spoiler Ahoy! for those who have yet to play AA3: Trial and Tribulation (what are you doing anyway? Go and grab the game! Especially if you are a sucker for VN/Click-and-point adventure game)

4:38

I literally shed a drop of tear.

Such a great closure for the all built up the game have made for the case.

This is a perfection that I personally think no future AA titles could ever match its emotional impact.

Oh god

I can shamelessly say that I have cried over Godot.

Was MGS4 really that sad? I haven't played it yet due to lack of PS3.

MGs4 will rip your heart out and stomp all over it.

I've never played the game, just watched my cousin play it and we were sobbing together.

It's not even just the ending, it's built up horribly (and by that I mean well). For fans of the series, you played the whole game watching a character you grew up with's story end. The experience is definitely not the same if you just picked the games up and started playing them recently.

Gameplay wise it's actually my least favorite in the series, since it's by far the most shooter-like.

And the final fight is so... nostalgiac and will just top it all off beautiful. I can't even begin to describe what it's like, and just playing that game at the beginning where Snake is so old and talking about his mortality is quite unnerving.

I've played every other game in the series, and I've heard much about it. I really want a PS3 now.

Edited by Knight

I cried when Mordin and Legion dies in Mass Effect 3.

I cried when Arthas died in Wrath of the Lich King. That part was pretty much the only thing I ever liked about World of Warcraft.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

There is no shame for confessing that you shed tears on Godot's final word ;__;

I've played every other game in the series, and I've heard much about it. I really want a PS3 now.

Go for it. Konami just released Metal Gear Legacy Collection that pretty much pack nearly every MGS game in one disc. MGS 4 gameplay is pretty weak, even to MGS 1. But the conclussion of Solid Snake story arc really worth it if you invest so much into his character.

If you have played the saga since PS1 days then yeah it does.

Its a lot of nostalgia built up in an epic climax. Octacon and his relationships (this got me), Snake and his aging, characters from all the games in one grand salute to a hero who save the world several times from nuclear armageddon / other darker fates.

Edited by AlliedG

If you have played the saga since PS1 days then yeah it does.Its a lot of nostalgia built up in an epic climax. Octacon and his relationships (this got me), Snake and his aging, characters from all the games in one grand salute to a hero who save the world several times from nuclear armageddon / other darker fates.

I've actually only been playing since MGS3D, although I've watched my friend play through MGS a long time ago, and showed me some cool videos of it. I then borrowed a PS2 from a friend and beat MGS2, Then got the HD Collection for my Xbox and played PW. Finally I got a Paypal account and ordered Twin Snakes (GameCube remake of MGS1) off of eBay and got an opurtunity to play the majority of the original. I've since become a big fan of the series. I've only heard a basic summary of MGS4 though.

Wow I forgot for a moment that MGS4 was PS3 only

If you can find a video walkthrough of it or something then I'd suggest you watch it. It will borderline kill you at times because of how sad it is. MGS5 is looking just as bad.

Yes, oh my yes... I'm so sappy it's not even funny.

Of course, Big Spoilers ensue for FFVII, Phantasy Star IV, Chrono Cross, Suikoden, Suikoden II, Suikoden V, SMT : Strange Journey and Baten Kaitos.

- FFVII was the first big one of course, and, after all these years, I'm not fully healed.

- Phantasy Star IV with Alys' departure was another big one (the fact that it was the first RPG I've played after FFVII didn't help either).

- Chrono Cross : the good ending was extremely moving to me.

- Suikoden : Odessa's death was very well done. A selfless act of self-sacrifice... and the music ;_;

- Suikoden II : Lady Anabelle's murder. Since then, I have nothing but the biggest contempt for Jowy (even given his backstory)

- Suikoden V : Sialeed's death. She must be my favorite character in video games. Her sacrifice so that the Prince and her sister could have a bright future was one of the most moving action I've ever seen.

- SMT : Strange Journey : I felt extremely bad for Jimenez and Zelenin, forsaking their humanity and ultimately losing everything.

- Baten Kaitos : The ending. Xhela's death and resurrection, the goodbyes... everything was perfect and very emotional.

No. I find the notion of crying over something fictional ridiculous, be it a video game, a movie, or a play. That said, I'm not a very emotional person...

Well, I cried when I was 13 and died on level 99 at 99% in a ragnarok online oficial server, which had a death penalty of 5%. Anyone that played ragnarok on 1/1 exp rate will understand why I cried...

I also broke my keyboard and mouse in rage thanks to that.

Edited by Nobody