BS Fire Emblem Won`t Run

Naglfar94

Hey Can I get a bit of help? you see I`ve played every classic FE game in the series except for the BS one so I download it and it won`t run on my emulator! is this a common problem? I just get a black screen I use zsnes1.36 is it the emulator? can it even run the Satellaview games? as I want to try some of the satellaview stuff bad some interesting gems were released on it that never left Japan and probably never will so yeah just wondering if there is a way to make this game run if not then that is one FE game i just can`t get too but I hope that is not the case as I really love the classic Fire Emblem series so it would be something to have tried every last one of them atleast once or twice.

What about playing the chronicles in FE12? It's not the same as playing the real thing, but still has the same script and characters.

Edited by noob7

oh so that is what is going on so I probably won`t ever be able to play this one then :( that stinks well atleast I tried to get it to run. Dang I really had my hopes up for that one..Well atleast there is always Tearring Saga to try out really upsetting though that I won`t be able to try this one out.

What about playing the chronicles in FE12? It's not the same as playing the real thing, but still has the same script and characters.

Ah I nearly forgot that FE12 had them included that may be what I have to do then thanks for telling. Now it`s off to looking for FE12!

Ah I nearly forgot that FE12 had them included that may be what I have to do then thanks for telling. Now it`s off to looking for FE12!

Word of note you'll need to complete the prologue before you're able to play the BS saga.

Also english patch because understanding the plot.

If for some reason you still wanted to try the BS Fire Emblem games, try a better emulator. ZSNES is horribly outdated and has pretty shoddy compatibility, with more hotpatches forcing games to work than actual accurate emulation.

Snes9x is a bit better, but Higan should be able to run the game without issue. Just make sure you have a proper dump of the game.

If for some reason you still wanted to try the BS Fire Emblem games, try a better emulator. ZSNES is horribly outdated and has pretty shoddy compatibility, with more hotpatches forcing games to work than actual accurate emulation.

http://www.oocities.org/starwolf_uk/BSFE/bsferun.htm

Whoa, hey. It's that thing Celice was talking about.

I used these patches when I ripped from BSFE a while back. They take a while to load, just use your fast forward function to make them start up faster. (I used ZSNES)

http://www.oocities.org/starwolf_uk/BSFE/bsferun.htm

Whoa, hey. It's that thing Celice was talking about.

I used these patches when I ripped from BSFE a while back. They take a while to load, just use your fast forward function to make them start up faster. (I used ZSNES)

sweet a Link for it thank you Canas! gonna try this one out

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for being late to see this thread.

I'd just like to give a note for future reference on reccomended emulators for BS Fire Emblem - my personal suggestion (For ease and versatility) is SNESGT:

http://gigo.retrogames.com/

Among it's Satellaview-specific functions include a clock editor so you can actually set the game to start whenever you wish.

snes9x-sx2 is also a good choice:
http://bsxproj.superfamicom.org/

However, note that for both of these you'll probably need the accompanying BS-X BIOs ROM.

Feel free to ask me for any more information.

(Also, if you want the authentic challenge, make sure your start times match what is actually documented in the scripts/videos. ZSNES and whatnot will default to 00:00 which will leave you with nearly ten minutes of no timed events happening.)

Edited by Kiddo