Lissa vs. Maribelle  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who has a better personality?

2. 2. Who is better in terms of gameplay?

3. 3. Who's better overall?

Since we seem to enjoy comparing characters to one another, let's add more fuel to the fire, shall we?

:evil:

It's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin, here. Out of the two female healers we get in Fire Emblem Awakening, which one do you prefer and why? Both gameplay and story/supports count here, although in this case they play pretty much the same with one minor difference (Cleric =/= Mage).

Personally, I prefer Maribelle. I like both of the girls well enough, but Maribelle's supports flesh out her personality in a really good way - normally most nobles are flat, one-dimensional characters and it's so amazing to see this isn't the case here. And this is actually a case of the Spoiled Sweet archetype that doesn't fall short in one category or the other, while is EXTREMELY refreshing considering how hard it is to pin that sort of character does. She's truly a sweet, caring girl underneath that icy exterior of hers, and it's not nearly as difficult to get through as some of the game's other characters.

Plus, Maribelle can get Lifetaker. Instant bonus points.

New Fad

I blame Zeem

Zeems is butthurt because KING BRIGHTON! is superior to Zeem

Maribelle is a good ma. Brady is a cool son. Just ask his ma.

Also Counter Brady is broken

Lets see how Lissa compares

Owain the son of Endgame, has a conflict with Endgame because he want to become a Hero. Or Swordmaster. Or anything that allowed him to use his Sword Hand. However, Endgame refused his proposal because he want Owain to use Nosferatu.

After a long conflict with Endgame over Nosferatu vs Missiletain, Owain decided to leave his home with his companion and cousin Cynthia. It is said that they travelled to a land far, far away known as Tellius. In Tellius, Owain, after reclassing from Sorcerer into a Hero, changed his name into Gawain and served Daein. Owain's legendary skill with his sword hand make him known as one of the Four Riders of Daein, with the title "Divine Knight". Her cousin, Cynthia decided to reclass into a Cleric and served as a priestess with the last Second Seal that she bring with her from Ylisse, under the name Elena. Thankfully, Tellius allowed the marriage beetwen companion, and Gawain proposed to Elena to become his wife.

He was remembered as the premier swords hand of his generation and his name was famous throughout Tellius. It was during this time he trained Zelgius, who called Gawain "invincible" during this period. However, in the year 626 he fled his homeland with his fiancee, the priestess Elena, after she was entrusted with Lehran's Medallion, and the melody Galdr of Release by the heron Lillia, the elder sister of Prince Reyson. They lived in Gallia with Gawain taking on the name Greil, and it was there that Ike and Mist were born.

One day, tragedy struck when Greil made the mistake of taking hold of the medallion, and immediately went berserk. After engaging in a mindless slaughter, the medallion was eventually pulled from his grasp by Elena. When he returned to his sane mind, he found his wife impaled on his sword. After her death, he hired the assassin, Volke, for the purpose of killing him should he lose his mind again, and slashed the tendons on his dominant sword hand so that he would no longer be able to wield a sword. He entrusted the medallion to Mist, who had the same gentle spirit as her mother, and forbade Ike from ever touching the medallion himself.

Greil eventually founded the Greil Mercenaries and earned a living by performing tasks for various villages in Crimea. Sensing the danger that Daein posed upon news of the invasion, he quickly had Ike take on more responsibility within the company, and eventually fled with the mercenaries to Gallia in order to protect Princess Elincia from Daein during the Mad King's War.

Following Chapter 7, in the midst of the night, Greil engages in a duel with his former pupil from his days as General Gawain, the Black Knight. Ike shows up during the middle of the battle, when The Black Knight throws the sword Ragnell to Greil, saying that he wishes to fight General Gawain at his full strength. Greil tosses the sword aside, saying that he has thrown the name of Gawain away. He instead chooses to fight with his axe, Urvan. Ultimately losing to the Black Knight, Greil is mortally wounded and dies as Ike hauls him back to the mercenary encampment.
Following the end of Radiant Dawn, Ike left Tellius with Soren as a companion. Ike will then marry an unknown woman to continue his legacy. This will result in the existance of Priam, who travelled into Ylisse through unknown means.

One day, while browsing the internet to min max his unit, Endgame accidentaly learned about his son. Devastated by the news of Owain's death, Endgame is mad at the Ylissean royalty for ruining his son by not allowing him to marry his companion, forgetting that the reason Owain left is because Nosferatu is too cheap. In his madness, Endgame shouted "FE2, FE8, FE9, FE10, FE11, FE12, and FE13 are not real fire emblem!!" over the main Lord who have Rightful King and Aether in their skillset in FE13. Chrom is confused by this statement because the only Fire Emblem he knew is the same shield that he used as a Great Lord.

Meanwhile Zeem is butthurt again because Owain stole her Waifu

Morale of the story: I have a Dragon Boner, and Zeem lost the Waifu War

Totally relevant and Lissa does Jack to prevent this from happening

Maribelle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lissa

EDIT: I CAN IMPROVIZE BECAUSE SF DOES NOT HAVE LAME POST LIMIT!

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

New Fad

I blame Zeem

Owain the son of Endgame, has a conflict with Endgame because he want to become a Hero. Or Swordmaster. Or anything that allowed him to use his Sword Hand. However, Endgame refused his proposal because he want Owain to use Nosferatu.

After a long conflict with Endgame over Nosferatu vs Missiletain, Owain decided to leave his home with his companion and cousin Cynthia. It is said that they travelled to a land far, far away known as Tellius. In Tellius, Owain, after reclassing from Sorcerer into a Hero, changed his name into Gawain and served Daein. Owain's legendary skill with his sword hand make him known as one of the Four Riders of Daein, with the title "Divine Knight". Her cousin, Cynthia decided to reclass into a Cleric and served as a priestess with the last Second Seal that she bring with him from Ylisse, under the name Elena. Thankfully, Tellius allowed the marriage beetwen companion, and Gawain proposed to Elena to become his wife.

He was remembered as the premier swords hand of his generation and his name was famous throughout Tellius. It was during this time he trained Zelgius, who called Gawain "invincible" during this period. However, in the year 626 he fled his homeland with his fiancee, the priestess Elena, after she was entrusted with Lehran's Medallion, and the melody Galdr of Release by the heron Lillia, the elder sister of Prince Reyson. They lived in Gallia with Gawain taking on the name Greil, and it was there that Ike and Mist were born.

One day, tragedy struck when Greil made the mistake of taking hold of the medallion, and immediately went berserk. After engaging in a mindless slaughter, the medallion was eventually pulled from his grasp by Elena. When he returned to his sane mind, he found his wife impaled on his sword. After her death, he hired the assassin, Volke, for the purpose of killing him should he lose his mind again, and slashed the tendons on his dominant sword hand so that he would no longer be able to wield a sword. He entrusted the medallion to Mist, who had the same gentle spirit as her mother, and forbade Ike from ever touching the medallion himself.

Greil eventually founded the Greil Mercenaries and earned a living by performing tasks for various villages in Crimea. Sensing the danger that Daein posed upon news of the invasion, he quickly had Ike take on more responsibility within the company, and eventually fled with the mercenaries to Gallia in order to protect Princess Elincia from Daein during the Mad King's War.

Following Chapter 7, in the midst of the night, Greil engages in a duel with his former pupil from his days as General Gawain, the Black Knight. Ike shows up during the middle of the battle, when The Black Knight throws the sword Ragnell to Greil, saying that he wishes to fight General Gawain at his full strength. Greil tosses the sword aside, saying that he has thrown the name of Gawain away. He instead chooses to fight with his axe, Urvan. Ultimately losing to the Black Knight, Greil is mortally wounded and dies as Ike hauls him back to the mercenary encampment.

Following the end of Radiant Dawn, Ike left Tellius with Soren as a companion. Ike will then marry an unknown woman to continue his legacy. This will result in the existance of Priam, who travelled into Ylisse through unknown means.

One day, while browsing the internet to min max his unit, Endgame accidentaly learned about his son. Devastated by the news of Owain's death, Endgame is mad at the Ylissean royalty for ruining his son by not allowing him to marry his companion, forgetting that the reason Owain left is because Nosferatu is too cheap. In his madness, Endgame shouted "FE2, FE8, FE9, FE10, FE11, FE12, and FE13 are not real fire emblem!!" over the main Lord who have Rightful King and Aether in their skillset in FE13. Chrom is confused by this statement because the only Fire Emblem he knew is the same shield that he used as a Great Lord.Totally relevant and Lissa does Jack to prevent this from happening

What? Also does that make the second seal the medallion. Also Lissa>Maribelle because early game healing in lunatic.

I'd go with Maribelle.

For personality, I overall agree with the TC's analysis. It's incredibly refreshing to see a character with good depth, and her supports are varied and overall good quality-- she gets somewhat serious ones like with Gaius and Chrom, as well as ones where she can flesh out her good sense of humor, like with Robin and Lon'qu. She even gets to be a little bit tsundere in her support with Gregor, and it's not obnoxious! For her same-sex supports, Lissa/Maribelle's actually rather sweet, and Maribelle/Olivia's is funny as all heck. And, despite her elitism (which she mostly bases on mannerisms and less from birth, as seen in her supports with Robin, Olivia, and Donnel), she also demonstrates fair amount of empathy and open-mindedness. I like empathy more than gimmicks. (Which is why I like Male Morgan more than Female Morgan.)

Also that red-face was not something I expected. That alone made Chrom/Maribelle a heck of a lot more amusing than Chrom/Sumia.

If every character in this game were as well-written as Virion, Gregor, and Maribelle, well...

For gameplay, Lissa has better availability. Maribelle has the better kid, however, for postgame. In-game, kids vary depending on how well their parents were levelled, so I can't really judge, though Brady's D-rank in staffs hurts him a bit.

I prefer Lissa slightly from a gameplay perspective, due to her superior healing. The Mage vs. Cleric thing is a wash; Dark Knights are nothing special. Although it's worth noting that the two of them are extremely close to each other in terms of potential, which was probably intentional.

Lissa's adorable, my favourite waifu, provides the same utility as Maribelle, joins earlier and has much better durability throughout the game.

However, Maribelle has some of the best writing in the game. She's smart, open minded, thoughtful, and seeks to improve her character. On top of that, her endings show that she is perhaps the most responsible and hard working character the game. Just look at her ending with Lon'qu.

Along with that, she mothers Brady, my favourite child.

Since we seem to enjoy comparing characters to one another, let's add more fuel to the fire, shall we?

:evil:

It's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin, here. Out of the two female healers we get in Fire Emblem Awakening, which one do you prefer and why? Both gameplay and story/supports count here, although in this case they play pretty much the same with one minor difference (Cleric =/= Mage).

Personally, I prefer Maribelle. I like both of the girls well enough, but Maribelle's supports flesh out her personality in a really good way - normally most nobles are flat, one-dimensional characters and it's so amazing to see this isn't the case here. And this is actually a case of the Spoiled Sweet archetype that doesn't fall short in one category or the other, while is EXTREMELY refreshing considering how hard it is to pin that sort of character does. She's truly a sweet, caring girl underneath that icy exterior of hers, and it's not nearly as difficult to get through as some of the game's other characters.

Plus, Maribelle can get Lifetaker. Instant bonus points.

Ahh.

I only added my "Cordelia vs. Severa" because people seemed to hate Severa on my other topic, "Favorite/Least Favorite Child", as well as her mother, Cordelia.

Anyways, GO MARIBELLE!

New Fad

I blame Zeem

After a long conflict with Endgame over Nosferatu vs Missiletain, Owain decided to leave his home with his companion and cousin Cynthia. It is said that they travelled to a land far, far away known as Tellius. In Tellius, Owain, after reclassing from Sorcerer into a Hero, changed his name into Gawain and served Daein. Owain's legendary skill with his sword hand make him known as one of the Four Riders of Daein, with the title "Divine Knight". Her cousin, Cynthia decided to reclass into a Cleric and served as a priestess with the last Second Seal that she bring with her from Ylisse, under the name Elena. Thankfully, Tellius allowed the marriage beetwen companion, and Gawain proposed to Elena to become his wife.

One day, while browsing the internet to min max his unit, Endgame accidentaly learned about his son. Devastated by the news of Owain's death, Endgame is mad at the Ylissean royalty for ruining his son by not allowing him to marry his companion, forgetting that the reason Owain left is because Nosferatu is too cheap. In his madness, Endgame shouted "FE2, FE8, FE9, FE10, FE11, FE12, and FE13 are not real fire emblem!!" over the main Lord who have Rightful King and Aether in their skillset in FE13. Chrom is confused by this statement because the only Fire Emblem he knew is the same shield that he used as a Great Lord.

Meanwhile Zeem is butthurt again because Owain stole her Waifu

Morale of the story: I have a Dragon Boner, and Zeem lost the Waifu War

Totally relevant and Lissa does Jack to prevent this from happening

EDIT: I CAN IMPROVIZE BECAUSE SF DOES NOT HAVE LAME POST LIMIT!

Two things:

1. This isn't my fault.

2. I'm not a girl.

It's a perfect tie in two of the three categories, and it's ALL my fault.

I prefer Lissa's personality (it's less grating), but I like Maribelle's magical nuke abilities; since I'm not playing Fire Emblem: Visual Novel, I voted Maribelle for best.

Personality: Maribelle is one of the most well developed first gen girls and doesn't take crap from anyone. Lissa is an annoying bobblehead and exists mainly to nag Chrom.

Gameplay: Maribelle's on a horse motherfucker dont you ever forget

Overall: Maribelle >>>>>>>>>>>>> Every girl in the game