Unpopular Pairings You Like?

Foxxie

I'm sure this could fit into another topic but I decided to bring it up here. Is there a pairing you prefer to employ to create 2nd gen kids that others think is a waste of stats? Or do you do it for the hair color? Or maybe you like two dudes or two ladies together? Or maybe you've noticed that there's no fanart of your OTP and that surprises you?

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear who some people have been partnering together or like together in a headcanon as I have nothing better to do today.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go hair color. lol I don't care much for stats/skills. I'll have to worry about skills during my Lunatic+ run. Hair color will still be a factor. Like Gerome having to have a dark hair color.

KellamxCordelia, the pairing just works really well in combat, I can move halfway across the map in a turn, and drop in a general to deal heavy damage.

I don't see many RickenxOlivia fans...Actually, I just don't see Ricken fans in general...

Edit: I also like InigoxCynthia, but I haven't seen anyone mention it whatsoever.

If this wasn't in the Awakening section, I would complain about how my Akaneia ships are nearly nonexistent. xD

Edited by Crizix

I'm sure this could fit into another topic but I decided to bring it up here. Is there a pairing you prefer to employ to create 2nd gen kids that others think is a waste of stats? Or do you do it for the hair color? Or maybe you like two dudes or two ladies together? Or maybe you've noticed that there's no fanart of your OTP and that surprises you?

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear who some people have been partnering together or like together in a headcanon as I have nothing better to do today.

I totally do it for hair color.

I've always wanted Severa to have CORDELIA's red, but it seems only other females have that hair color.

I only like Gerome x Inigo, if it comes down to two dudesssssssss.

ChromSully is my preferred Chrompair in terms of pure support content and I like seeing Sully as queen (and totally whipping Chrom)

I also like to do FredSully because I don't really play for postgame much and I don't use kids during the main game outside of Lucina and the MUkids so all I have to care about is pairup bonuses

It's all about hair color (and cute couples) to me, so I end up with a lot of unpopular pairs in my games.

Probably the one I get the most puzzled reactions to is HenryxCordelia, though.

I'm a big fan of Libra/Panne, but I haven't seen much praise for it.

I paired Vaike and Cordelia on my first file due to the fact that Kellam, Gregor and Vaike were the only men left (I didn't get Libra on that one) and I really liked it. I also like the idea of the unrequited love girl falling for the object of her affection's rival in the end. Sully was in the same situation when it came to available men, and I put her with Kellam. I really liked their supports in the end, too.

Speaking of Kellam, he and Olivia have great supports but I don't see too much love for them around here. D:

Jumping on the Chrom/Sully bandwagon!

Edited by PiplupPeanut

Vaike x Lissa (suddenly Vaike is respectable)

Gaius x Maribelle (that support conversation is so sweet~!)

Lon'qu x Tharja (improves both of their personalities by a lot)

Vaike!Severa kicks all kinds of ass and while Vaike and Cordelia are ehh together. Vaike and Severa are awesome as father and daughters (mainly because I don't feel bad for him when Severa forces him to shop for her)

Lon'qu x Tharja was the first Tharja pairing I did. This pairing was probably why I don't really hate Tharja like other people do.

S&B society is underrated.

Gaius x Sumia (orange-haired Cynthia is the best and their support is by far my favorite for Sumia)

Maribelle x Lon'qu (WOW CUTIES also dark haired Brady is Travis Touchdown)

Henry x Lissa (their support was really cute)

These three are the biggest ones for me, I think.

I also like Chrom x Sully the most of Chrom's potential marriages.

I like Female Avatar x Chrom. I don't really think anybody else does?

Really? I was under the impression it was one of the more favored ones, though it's popularity has seemed to wane a bit as time passes on(?). [i like it, personally, but not so much because of the supports].

I really like Lon'quxMaribelle and I don't see that couple mentioned often.

Inigo x Cynthia because I like seeing a girl genuinely interested in Inigo and I don't feel right crushing Cynthia by putting him with anyone else.

Stahl x Donnel is too cute to not be able to S-Rank.

!!!

I always saw Brady compared to Kanji Tatsumi.

Oh yeah, personality-wise (and appearance too, if he's blond) Brady is totally Kanji Tatsumi. But with dark hair, he looks a lot like Travis Touchdown, which I think is pretty funny too.

High-five, kindred spirit.

Oh, for second gen pairings...I really like Owain x Noire and I don't think I really see much mention of them. I think Noire was the only one who actually appreciated Owain's theatrics. I also like Cynthia x Inigo, but judging from the replies here, it doesn't seem to be that unpopular, which is nice to see.

Hmm? From what I've seen, Lon'qu/Maribelle is one of the more popular pairs, at least when it comes to optimizing.

Regardless, I agree. It's a great support for this part alone.

Maribelle: Oh, there has to be SOME way. Hmm, perhaps it's best to have you jump in headfirst. I could bring you to an establishment where a pack of lovely ladies wait on you?

Lon'qu: Pass. ...Wait. How would you know about such a place?

Maribelle: Rude! A woman must have her secrets.

Edited by Canto

I sort of thought FeMU x Chrom was what a lot of people did at first because it was relatively easy and produced good kids. I don't particularly like it although I have no real complaints when it comes to my Lucina and Morgan in that case.

I want to try out Lon'qu x Maribelle now, and I always liked Cynthia and Inigo together and Owain and FeMorgan just because of that "reincarnated warrior lovers" thing. That was priceless.

I think the pairing I like that is most uncommon (because of the whole "no gay marriages" thing) would be Lucina x Severa.

Gerome/Severa (Like the pairing of the two Tsunderes doesn't exist or something? (Gameplay wise: 100% kill rate on Anna without DLC. Can't be hit by anything with a Lance that doesn't have Hawkeye.))

Inigo/MorganF (?? I dunno. I never see it.)

Ricken/Tharja (Storywise this pair is pretty freaking cute. Do I see it at all anywhere? Oh hell no.)

In terms of a Gameplay sense, Vaike/Cherche. (This pairing was popular. Then everyone started hating it for some godawful backwards reason. Gerome isn't magical like Laurent. He's forever doomed to be a Hard support (so he has no need at all for silly things like Shields or Luna), so why not let him be the best hard support he possibly can be, which means giving him as much +STR as possible whilst giving him Berserker access.)

At first I though that Cherche x Henry would be pretty unpopular, but it looks that it has some fans (and I even found some fanarts in pixiv...)

Maybe mmm, Laurent x Lucina, I don't see that too often, Vaike x Panne... And I like the idea of Cherche x Ricken too (but mostly because I like Ricken's convesation with Gerome in Future Past)