Unpopular Pairings You Like?

Foxxie

My inner child optimizer thing hates this thread. I see so many people posting pairings based on support, and it's saying, "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! *Insert child name here* WILL SUCK!!!" More on topic, Henry/Lissa is probably one of, if not the best Owains in the game. I don't see too many MaMU/Olivia, which I do, but I assume that's because SoC gives enough for everyone. Don't see a lot of Donnel/Tharja, though it's one the best Noires as well. Vaike/Nowi is absolutely fantastic for optimization because Nah gets everything she could ask for (except galeforce, but she's a tank, so...). I said this last time, but I'll reiterate because it's so good. Gregor and Panne. Zerker Yarne hits 65 strength with LB, plus axefaire for 70. Mine runs LB, Axefaire, AT, Deliverer, and Aggressor. He pretty much can wreck Apo when paired with Zerker Gregor (LB, AT, Aggressor, Axefaire, AS+2).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miriel x Callum (Researcher researching the impossible)

Not sure if GaiusxPanne is unpopular, i heard they quiet known well..

PROUD SHIPPER OF MU X TIKI >.>>>

oh, and Tharja with Donny how was that?? a villager combined with curse maker...Together, they cursed and destroyed the whole village and everyone are happy, yay..

well, it's just that i think Black haired noire is more appropriate than Yellow/Silver haired..... so.. yeah

i think anyone paired with yarne are unpopular

I don't see many RickenxOlivia fans...Actually, I just don't see Ricken fans in general...

Edit: I also like InigoxCynthia, but I haven't seen anyone mention it whatsoever.

If this wasn't in the Awakening section, I would complain about how my Akaneia ships are nearly nonexistent. xD

the InigoxCynthia pairing is cute, i had a a blue haired cynthia marry stahl's inigo.

I like BradyxCynthia because brady tries to save cynthia in any battle from harm, now thats love.

ChromxAvatar

I mean I see a ton of people bashing it or sperging about how overrated it is on these forums, so it HAS to be unpopular!

Edited by Soran Ibrahim

My inner child optimizer thing hates this thread. I see so many people posting pairings based on support, and it's saying, "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! *Insert child name here* WILL SUCK!!!" More on topic, Henry/Lissa is probably one of, if not the best Owains in the game. I don't see too many MaMU/Olivia, which I do, but I assume that's because SoC gives enough for everyone. Don't see a lot of Donnel/Tharja, though it's one the best Noires as well. Vaike/Nowi is absolutely fantastic for optimization because Nah gets everything she could ask for (except galeforce, but she's a tank, so...). I said this last time, but I'll reiterate because it's so good. Gregor and Panne. Zerker Yarne hits 65 strength with LB, plus axefaire for 70. Mine runs LB, Axefaire, AT, Deliverer, and Aggressor. He pretty much can wreck Apo when paired with Zerker Gregor (LB, AT, Aggressor, Axefaire, AS+2).

Henry/Lissa has a support sweeter than sugar and makes a KICKASS Owain out of it as well. Win-win.

I had one of my runs do this pairing and then had Silvia marry the resulting Owain. Most broken Morgan EVER.

Yup, I've not heard those mentioned before (your sister's preferences) lol

Yes, FrederickxPanne is adorbs. Backstory and drama for Freddy. XD

Well most of hers are more popular, like Chrom x Female!Avatar, Gregor x Panne and Vaike x Cordelia so I only mentioned a few.

She does also like Frederick x Cordelia like you do though and thinks I'm crazy when I try to argue against it. :D

Edited by Vashiane

I'm just going under the assumption that most if not all my pairings are average to unpopular, with some fluctuating to extremes as time goes by...

Chrom/FeMU: I can never tell if it's popular or not. One minute everyone praises it to the heavens for optimization and story presence, and the next it's teared down for supports and story presence. And the unfortunate rabid fangirls (which I can totally understand would annoy anyone). Oh well, I hope I can keep up an example on how to ship these two WITHOUT being a total asshole...like some people I've seen... >_>

MaMU/Tiki: Really like this one for both stats and story; not quite sure though how popular or unpopular it is...

Lon'qu/Lissa: Makes the most sense story wise and personality wise. And samurai father/son FTW!

Fred/Sumia: I think this one is popular in optimization, but not in supports, which I did like.

Stahl/Sully: If the ever present Stahl/Cordelia is any indicator...

Virion/Cherche: Popular supports, but not so popular Gerome.

Vaike/Cordelia: Makes a kickass Severa! And pretty good supports as far as typical Cordelia conversations go.

Kellam/Miriel: Not so squishy Laurent!

Ricken/Nowi: I do not see them with anyone else, not just because it 'looks' better, but because of the maturity range. They also make a cute midget family with Nah.

Gaius/Maribelle: Kinda surprised it's not as popular, considering the wonderful backstory we get; it's also the only support where he doesn't mention sweets. At. All.

Gregor/Panne: Popular for optimization, but I hardly see the actual supports mentioned ever.

Libra/Olivia: Dancer family! Kinda wished it was more popular for that fact alone. Not to mention the absolutely lovely supports...

Henry/Tharja: The only pairing for Tharja I could ever see happening and working out realistically. Supports are funny too.

Owain/Lucina: Not popular for obvious reasons, but I thought it was incredibly sweet, and one of his better supports; he gets to appear more down to earth for once.

Inigo/Severa: Very surprised I don't see more of it, especially since the supports are comedy gold. I feel like it's also the only support where Severa is most alive in her banter. And Inigo seems most genuine in his flirting.

Gerome/Cynthia: I'm really sad this one isn't more popular; I think it captures their clash in personality really well, and shows what adorable childhood friends they were.

Brady/Kjelle: I'm assuming it's Kjelle's and/or Brady's relative lack of popularity for this one, since I rather liked the support and think it's one of the better ones for Kjelle and her personality.

Yarne/Nah: Actually, this one seems popular, but most everyone does it because bunny/dragon. I liked it because Yarne grows a spine for good reasons and character development.

Laurent/Noire: Why more people don't like this one is beyond me. It's wacky and shows a completely different side to Laurent. I LOVE THAT, especially since Laurent would've been pretty boring to me otherwise. Masochistic Laurent FTW!

Edited by Silver Lightning

Oh, boy. I've got a ton of unpopular pairings I like.

Chrom x Olivia- It feels like an actual pairing that can happen and Chrom really tries to get involved with her.

Frederick x Miriel- I'm sad this isn't mentioned at all. Miriel being so jealous at the end made it so likable.

Frederick x Nowi- Both are fairly mature and love to help one another.

Sully x Donnel- Their bonding was pretty spot-on and Sully was treating Donnel as her equal without too much trouble.

Maribelle x Stahl- Very touching that Stahl devotes his whole life to her dream.

Vaike x Cordelia- Honestly, one of the few supports I actually like with Cordelia. Plus, Vaike tries his hardest to win her over.

Virion x Tharja- Both show a very good side of one another. Shows a bit of Tharja's touching side as well.

Lucina x Laurent- Lucina x Gerome done right. That's pretty much the only reason.

Owain x Kjelle- Owain actually felt like he was in love and just didn't have a tacked on S support.

Laurent x Morgan- Morgan tries her hardest for him and it's very good romance-wise.

Oh, boy. I've got a ton of unpopular pairings I like.

Chrom x Olivia- It feels like an actual pairing that can happen and Chrom really tries to get involved with her.

Frederick x Miriel- I'm sad this isn't mentioned at all. Miriel being so jealous at the end made it so likable.

Frederick x Nowi- Both are fairly mature and love to help one another.

Sully x Donnel- Their bonding was pretty spot-on and Sully was treating Donnel as her equal without too much trouble.

Maribelle x Stahl- Very touching that Stahl devotes his whole life to her dream.

Vaike x Cordelia- Honestly, one of the few supports I actually like with Cordelia. Plus, Vaike tries his hardest to win her over.

Virion x Tharja- Both show a very good side of one another. Shows a bit of Tharja's touching side as well.

Lucina x Laurent- Lucina x Gerome done right. That's pretty much the only reason.

Owain x Kjelle- Owain actually felt like he was in love and just didn't have a tacked on S support.

Laurent x Morgan- Morgan tries her hardest for him and it's very good romance-wise.

There's so much win within those four words I don't know how to properly express my gratitude.

I'd like to add Vaike x Tharja.

Their supports had some of the best pacing in the game. (C and B support establishes Robin obsession, B and A support bring up bonding moments, S support finally ends with Tharja gaining Vaike obsession in a believable manner)

Support wise I'm a fan of Kellam/Tharja, though I don't know if its popular or not.

Seems like an interesting pairing.

But Gerome Lucina have Aspergers :smug:

They don't have ASSBURGERS.

It sounds painful.

Nowi/Male Avatar. Im fond of this. Not for story reasons because who the hell cares. But because it makes for badass Nah of Badassery.

Tharja/Virion because that support is funny. I like funny.

Libra/Virion