The Soldiers of Fortune- Part One!

Wizard

"I appreciate the sentiment, but I find myself having a bit too much energy at the moment, so I might as well stand guard with you. Two heads are better than one." He paused for a bit, waiting for a response, but received only silence from Lucretia, her eyes seemingly fixed upon the area around the camp. After a minute of silence, Klaine spoke up again. "I realize you are a woman of few words, but I'd like to hear a bit more about you and where you come from." Realizing he sounded a bit awkward, he tried to correct himself. "I mean, if you don't mind me asking."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...Very well," Lucretia responded to Klaine. Nothing was happening, so it would at least keep her awake. "I am from the Shenandoah Forest, my people isolated from the rest of the world. We would not trouble ourselves with others' problems, but when a threat like this comes along, someone has to make sure it doesn't reach our borders. I was the only one among us willing to investigate."

"It sounds like a nice lifestyle. Being secluded from the rest of the world means you don't have to deal with a lot of the worst parts of humanity. Unless they come to you." He looked up at the moon. "...You can have time to appreciate what this world gives us. The beauties of nature." At that moment, he noticed something odd. The moon seemed to look different. It was hypnotizing to stare at it, which he did. He couldn't take his eyes off of it.

"Well, yeah. Exactly."

Lucretia was surprised to have agreed with Klaine, enough to have a loss for words. She was expecting some disagreement along the lines of being closeted from "modern society". That's what many visitors to her village had once said. It was refreshing to hear a foreigner agree with her. She looked back to Klaine when she saw him gaze at the moon. She thought nothing of it until he kept staring, as if in a trance.

"Hey," Lucretia nudged his shoulder, "I don't think anything will be coming from up there."

Edited by Toogee

Silas looked up and saw Klaine staring up at the moon in an obsessive manner.

"Strange... What is he doing? I hadn't taken him for an artist... Unless... Nah." Silas settled down and began to sleep.

Why can't I move? he thought. Is this some sort of spell? No matter how hard he tried to move his body, he could not. All he could do was look at the moon. He tried blinking or closing his eyes, but he couldn't. He felt his muscles strain as he attempted to move himself from his position.

Even after a nudge, Klaine remained still, stiff even. He wasn't even speaking. Lucretia decided to go even further by getting up and pushing Klaine from behind, hoping to tip him over face first and get a response. It was quite odd behavior; could this be a spell?

At such a thought, the archer grabbed her bow and armed herself with an arrow, looking for some sorcerer in the night responsible for Klaine's apparent paralysis.

Edited by Toogee

Silas jolted awake when he heard the howling. He grabbed his sword from next to him, and rose from his makeshift bed.

"Get ready. There's a pack of wolves coming here, and by the sounds of it, they're being led by a druid. I guess said druid has used a spell on Klaine to make him react to the full moon." As he spoke, the howling was getting closer and closer... "Prepare yourself!"

A whole pack of wolves burst out of the forest around them, and one of them, a somewhat larger wolf coloured coal black, began to howl.

"With Dreknar as my witness, you shall not win this battle!" Silas drew his sword and tensed into a combat stance.