New Nightmare Modules for FE 8 and FE6

Vennobennu

Hey all.

I've noticed that there are no editors and no documentation on editing the properties of terrain in Sacred Stones, so I've started a little project to fix that.

Fortuitously, terrain data is structured identically in FE7 and FE8 - the only real difference is the location of the tables. Because of this, I have been able to simply adapt the FE7 terrain modules for my purposes. The modules here will allow you to edit the defence/avoid/resistance bonuses given by terrain, the percentage HP they regenerate each turn, and the movement point penalty that different types of units incur when crossing terrain. You can find them here:

Terrain Editors

Note: It is possible to edit the amount of HP regained per turn from terrain in Blazing Sword, as well. The most convenient way is to set the Terrain Stat Editor to use thirteen tables instead of six.

Also also! I have ported over the Support Compatibility Editor to FE8. With this you can change how fast supports grow between characters as well as who can support with whom. Here's the link to the appropriate Nightmare files:

Support Editors

This was another simple one. The only difficulty was figuring out the order characters were listed in the support table...honestly, I'm not sure why this wasn't done earlier.

Finally, I've ported the S-rank Bonus editor to FE8. Finding the offset of the data was kinda tricky, but not really.

S-rank Editor

Alternatively, you can just download all the new modules together:

New FE8 Modules

I also have ported the Terrain Stat editors to Fire Emblem 6, for those that are interested: Link

Edited by Vennobennu