Alright, so we already have the reverse of this, so now we have this. What are pairings a lot of people use that you personally don't like? This can be based on supports, personality, eugenics, etc. I personally will be basing mine on eugenics. Please, even with how entertaining they are to read, no shipping wars. Minor arguments are allowed, because nobody dies (That was a stupid sentence).

Pairs I think are overrated-

Libra and Olivia (Inigo becomes a sorc tool, and I hate sorcs. (Completely unrelated- Only using sorcs for lunatic+ where they are pretty much necessary) I also don't think these two really fit together. I see Olivia with Chrom, Gaius, or Virion)

Stahl and Sully (Red and green. BIG DEAL. Kjelle becomes crap. Stahl is also better with Cordelia.)

Fred and Cordelia (I see this as a watered-down version of Stahl/Cordelia.)

Gerome and Lucina (WORST SUPPORTS IN THE GAME. PERIOD. Who agrees with me on this?)

FeMU and Chrom (So many fangirls.)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerome and Lucina (WORST SUPPORTS IN THE GAME. PERIOD. Who agrees with me on this?)

This pairing may be boring in terms of supports, but the sheer badassery of that pair makes up for it.

ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE PAIRINGS ARE OVERRATED!

What? for once, i wanted to be "that guy".

ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE PAIRINGS ARE OVERRATED!

What? for once, i wanted to be "that guy".

Just because you want to be SoC doesn't mean you can handle it.

Edited by Lonely Wallcrab

Any "optimal/best-of-the-best-sir-with-honors" pairings. 8U Like Donnel/Gaius/My Unit with Tharja/Nowi/Sully, in any order. I hate all 9 of those pairings, and Galeforce isn't ALWAYS needed to be a good unit.

If Walmart actually looked like that in-game, I'd instantly forgive him.

I actually like Gaius/Tharja for story reasons, as Noire's fear of bugs comes from him and he's actually one of the few guys who didn't mind being Tharja's guinea pig and probably would have to step up to her to protect Noire.

But that's just me. To the actual topic...

Frederick/Stahl x Cordelia. The first support has a S support that attacks me in the feels - and not in the good way - and the second is actually really boring.

Edited by Vashiane

Henry/Olivia is EVERYWHERE. It's not THAT great.

THIS. Especially any BS claim that this pairing is "heartwarming", when it really isn't. The A Support is especially horrible. I can't stand how contrived it is that Olivia just HAPPENS to get cursed out of the blue to force an emotional reaction out of Henry. It felt very fake and manipulative. There's also how Olivia is being all pushy and "ohh I totally know you better than you do", trying to claim Henry is faking his happiness. Henry might not be all right in the head, but I believe he's genuinely happy, too. It's stupid how Henry needs some kind of weepy tragic backstory and hiding tears inside his soul or stupid shit like that. Just, GAH.

Actually, no. He's NOT adorable.

And that picture is hideous, and I wish I never clicked on it.

I've never heard of Henry/Olivia.. Why do people think it's so great?

Faye explained things better than I would, but people like it so much because the way Henry and Olivia interact with each other 'is some of the best character development in the game'. Personally, I think people look way deep into it, and the way Olivia acts is pretty unbelievable.

Actually, no. He's NOT adorable.

And that picture is hideous, and I wish I never clicked on it.

But... but you can't have different opinions to mine, that's not possible.

[spoiler=Don't make me seize the thread with all the beautiful pictures of Walhart google has to offer]

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p480x480/1000206_606701446026918_1825817002_n.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/2989c9514b79eda59f6bcbba95965dfe/tumblr_mqvsaiQU0J1s5f11so1_500.gif

Edited by Mikethfc

Faye explained things better than I would, but people like it so much because the way Henry and Olivia interact with each other 'is some of the best character development in the game'. Personally, I think people look way deep into it, and the way Olivia acts is pretty unbelievable.

Also note that most of the time, they're talking about the JPN version, because in the English version Olivia eventually retreats and says that Henry's behavior was genuine the entire time.

Edited by Vashiane

The only two that I can think of right now are Chrom/feMU and maMU/Lucina. I'd say Chrom/Olivia (even if it's my favorite of Chrom's pairings) but I don't see them as much as Chrom/feMU or Chrom/Sumia people for some reason.

But... but you can't have different opinions to mine, that's not possible.

[spoiler=Don't make me seize the thread with all the beautiful pictures of Walhart google has to offer]

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p480x480/1000206_606701446026918_1825817002_n.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/2989c9514b79eda59f6bcbba95965dfe/tumblr_mqvsaiQU0J1s5f11so1_500.gif

They first one is hideous, as well, and I almost fainted.

But the second one was kinda funny, so I guess you got me there.

Henry/Olivia is EVERYWHERE. It's not THAT great.

THIS. Especially any BS claim that this pairing is "heartwarming", when it really isn't. The A Support is especially horrible. I can't stand how contrived it is that Olivia just HAPPENS to get cursed out of the blue to force an emotional reaction out of Henry. It felt very fake and manipulative. There's also how Olivia is being all pushy and "ohh I totally know you better than you do", trying to claim Henry is faking his happiness. Henry might not be all right in the head, but I believe he's genuinely happy, too. It's stupid how Henry needs some kind of weepy tragic backstory and hiding tears inside his soul or stupid shit like that. Just, GAH.

THANK YOU I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THIS. Also, Stahl/Cordelia's supports are nothing special, but it IS the best non-MU Severa. And Gaius/Donnel/MU x Sully/Nowi/Tharja is for more than just GF. Also for mercenary and AT. Donnel is basically worthless on everyone else because his mods KILL anyone except for these three. Don't kill me, I know about Faye's love for Donnel/Olivia, I agree, great supports. It's just the worst Inigo in the game.

But that's just me. To the actual topic...

Frederick/Stahl x Cordelia. The first support has a S support that attacks me in the feels - and not in the good way - and the second is actually really boring.

I didn't mind Fred/Cordelia as much as other people (I didn't see it as her settling in the S rank, I saw her as realizing it that Fred was the right guy all the time, she even thanks him for helping her realize her love was hopeless), but oh maaaaan do I agree on Stahl/Cordelia. So, so boring. Great Severa, but so boring. ._.

I mainly base my pairings on a combo of kids and supports (it's the main reason I don't do Fred/Miriel - it sounds so cute, but I love Laurent and want him to be usable). I don't like love at first sight, so I don't do Olivia/Chrom, and Maribelle/Ricken is kinda cute, I guess, but it doesn't really stand out to me support wise. I like the rescue romance and the resulting Brady but the supports were only okay to me.

I see pink-haired Morgan too often.

Can't resist that moe.

Oh oh oh. Gaius x Maribelle is one. The supports are amazing, yes, but for gameplay purposes I'd rather not get stuck with a Brady that takes Gaius' and Maribelle's fragility and runs with it.

I didn't mind Fred/Cordelia as much as other people (I didn't see it as her settling in the S rank, I saw her as realizing it that Fred was the right guy all the time, she even thanks him for helping her realize her love was hopeless), but oh maaaaan do I agree on Stahl/Cordelia. So, so boring. Great Severa, but so boring. ._.

I mainly base my pairings on a combo of kids and supports (it's the main reason I don't do Fred/Miriel - it sounds so cute, but I love Laurent and want him to be usable). I don't like love at first sight, so I don't do Olivia/Chrom, and Maribelle/Ricken is kinda cute, I guess, but it doesn't really stand out to me support wise. I like the rescue romance and the resulting Brady but the supports were only okay to me.

I kind of blame fanfiction for taking the idea of her "settling" and working with it, because literally EVERY Frederick x Cordelia fanfiction I've ever read deals with that. I already felt that way before, but that kind of cemented it for me.

I base my pairings the same way, pretty much. And Frederick and Miriel IS cute - I got it for support log completion reasons. He's pretty slow though, so Speed Tonics and Speedwings may be necessary, but that defense and that Luna. Worth it.

Chrom and Sumia.

That's actually underrated in terms of fanbase(I still haven't found one person that loves this pairing).

For me, it's...

Chrom x Avatar- Everyone does it and defends this to death. It's everything wrong in a relationship.

Frederick x Lissa- I don't think many people ship it, but I just can't see them together.

Sully x Stahl- Too obvious and bland.

Sumia x Frederick- Can't see them together and Frederick deserves more professional women in a marriage to be honest.

Maribelle x Ricken- Very cliche and predictable.

Cordelia x Lon'qu- Wow, they do menial tasks for one another and suddenly they're in love.

Cordelia x Stahl- Wow, they play harps together and suddenly they're in love.

Gaius x Nowi- Purely from gameplay stance, although the support isn't that good either.

Nowi x Donnel- Really only done since both are youth-like. Support-wise... it could be better.

Henry x Tharja- Purely a comedy support. To actually ship it is crazy.

Olivia x Lon'qu- Disappointment support-wise. All that's riding on this is that they work for the same guy.

Lucina x Gerome- Terribly dull and shallow. Pretty much any of their other lover supports are infinitely better.

Owain x Noire- Wow, just replace "pie" with "cake" and suddenly it's a lot better!

Noire x Laurent- Nobody liked it until S rank, and then that's purely for comedy. Love is another thing.

Noire x Inigo- Another comedy support, not actual romance support. The yandere bit was pushing it too far.

-Chrom/Olivia: I can't see people on here shut up about it compared to the likes of Chrom/FeMU or Chrom/Sumia. This pairing is probably supported by most of the board.

-Virion/Cherche: It's NO GOOD for Gerome's classes! *plays Sonic's theme music while wagging his finger*

Libra and Olivia

What are you talking about? I've only seen a few people at most even talk about it.

Unless your rationale here is "It isn't Chrom/Olivia!"

Edited by Colonel Billie Guile

The only two that I can think of right now are Chrom/feMU and maMU/Lucina. I'd say Chrom/Olivia (even if it's my favorite of Chrom's pairings) but I don't see them as much as Chrom/feMU or Chrom/Sumia people for some reason.

This. SO MUCH THIS

I'm not too sure if these are vastly popular but Nowi/Kellam, Frederick/Cordelia, Lissa/MU, Chrom/MU, and Laurent/Noire.

There's just nothing endearing about Kellam and Nowi, I lost my patience with Cordelia in her support with Freddy (and I like her character), Lissa's was just annoying, Chrom and MU see each other naked then get hitched, and there was so much squick in Laurent and Noire.

I've seen people praise at least a few of them so I'll assume they're at least a little popular.

That's actually underrated in terms of fanbase(I still haven't found one person that loves this pairing).

For me, it's...

Chrom x Avatar- Everyone does it and defends this to death. It's everything wrong in a relationship.

Frederick x Lissa- I don't think many people ship it, but I just can't see them together.

Sully x Stahl- Too obvious and bland.

Sumia x Frederick- Can't see them together and Frederick deserves more professional women in a marriage to be honest.

Maribelle x Ricken- Very cliche and predictable.

Cordelia x Lon'qu- Wow, they do menial tasks for one another and suddenly they're in love.

Cordelia x Stahl- Wow, they play harps together and suddenly they're in love.

Gaius x Nowi- Purely from gameplay stance, although the support isn't that good either.

Nowi x Donnel- Really only done since both are youth-like. Support-wise... it could be better.

Henry x Tharja- Purely a comedy support. To actually ship it is crazy.

Olivia x Lon'qu- Disappointment support-wise. All that's riding on this is that they work for the same guy.

Lucina x Gerome- Terribly dull and shallow. Pretty much any of their other lover supports are infinitely better.

Owain x Noire- Wow, just replace "pie" with "cake" and suddenly it's a lot better!

Noire x Laurent- Nobody liked it until S rank, and then that's purely for comedy. Love is another thing.

Noire x Inigo- Another comedy support, not actual romance support. The yandere bit was pushing it too far.

I actually agree with a lot of these.

And I will never understand what's so amazing about Lucina x Gerome OR Inigo x Noire. Especially the latter that was... I actually felt really bad for him after I got that support. Same with Inigo x Nah.