Master/Second Seals

cocondo

So my question is when to use them

I am playing on normal/casual so i dont think i need to spend hours grinding an stuff

I was thinking get to level 20use a masters seal apart from MU who i will explain about later

After they are advanced classes get them to level 15. The ones tht dont need changing just get to 20 and leave them there. The others (ie chrom to go change to General to get Pavise) use second seals to get to another advanced classes then level to 20... Or in some cases(ie chrom going back to a great knight) switch back to origenal advanced class or a new advanced class.

With MU i want to get to 15 as a tactician, then use a master seal, level to 15 again to pick up skills and then use second seal to go to either mage/dark mage/cleric/preist and start from there

Do u think this is a good use of seals and wont take too long but still getting high stats?

Another thing... If i use a master seal at level 15/20 what level does the advanced character start at?

and if second seal an advanced class at level155/20 to another advanced class what level will it start at?

Chrom can't go general each unit has three base classes and as many as six promoted classes( exception being MU, any MU children, Spotpass, and DLC characters). Use seals whenever it won't really effect anything. You will always be returned to level 1.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/class_set.html

Edited by Randa

On normal casual you can just run promoted classes at lvl 20 without issue.

Only DLC might present a challenger. Also a couple of chapters in you can buy from shops. Also on normal casual, you can easily recoup cost from reeking box spam.

On normal casual you can just run promoted classes at lvl 20 without issue.

Normal Casual shouldn't be hard at all and not promoting ideally will give you a challenge. I'd recommend playing blind if you're on that difficulty.

Also, edit posts instead of double posting.

Another thing... If i use a master seal at level 15/20 what level does the advanced character start at? and if I second seal an advanced class at level 15/20 to another advanced class what level will it start at?

In both cases, as level 1 promoted. Any class at level 20 can also reclass back to level 1 of the same class.

Chrom can't go general each unit has three base classes and as many as six promoted classes( exception being MU, any MU children, Spotpass, and DLC characters). Use seals whenever it won't really effect anything. You will always be returned to level 1.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/class_set.html

Well, technically Kjelle can get 7, because she has Cav, Knight, Myrm, and Wyvern Rider as her base classes (since Sully doesn't have Knight).

Another thing... If i use a master seal at level 15/20 what level does the advanced character start at?

and if second seal an advanced class at level155/20 to another advanced class what level will it start at?

While the character will go back to being Level 1, the levels gained are still counted for EXP calculations, so if you re-class a unit it will be getting less EXP than another unit at the same level that hasn't been re-classed. (Internal level calculations can be found here)

oh lol then tats alot of levelling:/

By the time i have lvelled all of them wouldnt i have completed the game a long time before?

Yes absolutely, in all likelihood.

Some people (including me) enjoy dicking around with postgame grinding, getting characters to have perfect skills and all max stats, etc. But that is not necessary at all, especially on Normal.

Does anyone else think a 0% growths run is possible on Normal/Classic (or at least Casual)?

You can promote on lv. 10 and have absolutely no problems on Normal mode.

I haven't played Normal so I don't know how the enemy stats are, but I think your main difficulty would be Grima himself, since I think your main units at that point would have to pretty much be Basilio, Flavia, and maybe Tiki if you can manage her paralogue.

Related: does Wyrmsbane cause extra damage to Grima since he isn't considered a normal dragon?

EDIT: SpotPass paralogue units would also be useful if you can successfully recruit them, so that increases the roster size significantly. Just depends if those paralogues are feasible.

Edited by Skarthe