Are Great Knights actually useful?

Depends what you're talking about. In no grind they're better than both Paladin (yes I'm serious) and General.

Think about it. They're the only class with full weapon triangle control. They have almost as much move as a normal mounted unit. A few GKs have good speed (Chrom and Sully). Defense is great. Strength is great. Speed is almost always fixable (pair up+tonics. Yay!). +Move pair up. They learn Luna. They learn DG+.

They're better here than in Sacred Stones, but that isn't saying a whole lot. That aside, I see them as a "get Luna and get out ASAP" class.

Luna is a great skill. Dual Guard+ is pretty okay as well. They're basically Generals with +2 move, but better speed and slightly weaker defences, better skills and 3 weapon types.

I'd say they're one of the better classes, personally. If I'm training Sully and the like, it's a class I'd be likely to send her, and one I'm happy to have characters end in.

Not at all. As a support unit they provide excellent strength/defense bonuses, Dual Guard+, and +1 to movement.

As a fronting movement you've got a moving defensive powerhouse with Luna and telling the weapon triangle to go fuck itself. The only issue is speed, which is easily fixable with a few Tonics and a PK/Mymridon pair-up.

They're better here than in Sacred Stones, but that isn't saying a whole lot. That aside, I see them as a "get Luna and get out ASAP" class.

DG+ and +move pair up is a thing.

You don't need full weapon triangle control to be decent, and I think other classes beat them as actual combat units, but they make really good pairbots.

Just to clarify, by useful I mean as a final class. They're obviously useful for the skills.

As a final class, yes, but they're best as a support unit due to the pair-up bonuses and Dual Guard+.

DG+ and +move pair up is a thing.

DG+ is mostly redundant unless you're Walhart. Conceded on the +move on pair up.

For Apoth you'd probably want something faster but everywhere else they are pretty great (and even then I kept Sully in GK on my run because I cbf to change her out of it)

My storymode team on Lunatic basically all went GK at some point (unless they can't) because of the higher defense and I tend to not use magic units so the high str/def is really nice to have there

Helps in my case I only really care about storymode anyway

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

As a final class, not really. For some, they could be due to that weapon triangle, but i dont really Dual Guard + that amazing but it is nice to have. Luna is probably the reason you are putting people into the GK class to begin with. Its really a great skill.

I tend to only use them for skills because I'm paranoid of being murdered by hammers AND beast killers. I do like having one around though usually Fredericson.

I tend to only use them for skills because I'm paranoid of being murdered by hammers AND beast killers. I do like having one around though usually Fredericson.

Freddy Bear is best Greak Knight. :)

Yeah... Beast Killers are probably the most feared weapons in the game due to them hurting any PKs/Griffon Riders/Cavaliers/Dark Knights/Troubadours and Valkyries. And I usually run quite a few of those.

Great Knights in this game are awesome! Take it from me and my strongest-member-of-the-trained-up-team Frederick. He OHKOs just about everything and nothing can hardly scratch the guy. Especially with added bonuses from a pair up with his wifey. ^^

Stahl is awesome too, though he got speed screwed for me. And my Morgan is a balanced GK with good stats all around except for res and magic, naturally.

Yeah... Beast Killers are probably the most feared weapons in the game due to them hurting any PKs/Griffon Riders/Cavaliers/Dark Knights/Troubadours and Valkyries. And I usually run quite a few of those.

....seriously?

Those two barely exist

I'm not very fond of the Great Knight Class in terms of stats and design, but I usually have my units make a quick stop in it for Luna, and for my Apotheosis support bots I get dual guard+.

Edited by Virion

The armor is hideous. D8; Same with Hero, I get the skill I want, then as soon as I reach Level 10 I am outta there. (Unless I'm aiming for DG+ or Axebreaker).