otakon

Momo

Some friends people I used to know and wish I still had contact with friends will be in the artistry booth section/cosplaying. If you see slunchy AKA "BEEP BEEP" AKA Nora, or Drex AKA "thebuttz0ne" AKA Aiden, please give them your money and attention thank you

Edited by Rehab

Annie's going and having her fun cosplaying. In fact she's already at her hotel over there.

I don't go to cons. My power level is too high... and if I see any others that have a notable power level or one in the complete opposite direction, it literally hurts me.

I will die.

The only thing that will probably save me is seeing a manly Captain Falcon cosplay.

I went to a con for the second year in a row not very long ago too and it was good times and fun stuff. Enjoy yourself friendo and good luck with the lines.

My power level is too high...

There is always someone stronger

*mutters why i lived overseas and Family never want to go to another country every august holiday*

nevermind...at least i still have AFAID this year...

Edited by Pukuriripo

I only asked because it kinda sounded like Shotacon, which wouldn't really surprise me but would disturb me if there was an event dedicated to Shotacons.

Otakon is a portmanteau of "otaku" and "convention." While they sound the same at the end, the "con" in "shotacon" comes from "complex." Japan doesn't differentiate between the "n" and "m" sound when used as a word-ender or the connection between two syllables. Thus, phrases like "kanpai" (cheers) can actually be pronounced "kampai."

Fun fact, in Metal Gear Solid's original PSX release Meryl is the only character in the entire game that correctly pronounced Otacon's name. It is not "Aw-tuh-cawn" but rather "Oh-tah-kone".

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Otakon is a portmanteau of "otaku" and "convention." While they sound the same at the end, the "con" in "shotacon" comes from "complex." Japan doesn't differentiate between the "n" and "m" sound when used as a word-ender or the connection between two syllables. Thus, phrases like "kanpai" (cheers) can actually be pronounced "kampai."

Fun fact, in Metal Gear Solid's original PSX release Meryl is the only character in the entire game that correctly pronounced Otacon's name. It is not "Aw-tuh-cawn" but rather "Oh-tah-kone".

Especially when drunk, right

KAAAAAWWWHHHUHPAHHHH /throaty affectation

You're so cool.

You're making me blush. :x

Especially when drunk, right

KAAAAAWWWHHHUHPAHHHH /throaty affectation

I hear that in Japan actually going and doing shit with your associates and superiors is practically mandatory in a social sense. This terrifies me because alcohol and I haven't been on speaking terms since the last million times I projectile vomited years of stomach fluids where they shouldn't be.