League of ASDF

Chocolate Kitty

Okay so I decided I was going to wait unti after FEE3 to post this topic but eh why not now.

Here it is, my crappy little project once again.

Time for some Q/A!

Q: Hey! What happened to the other topic?
A: It's been destroyed.
Q: Hey! Why did you restart again, and how many times is this?
A: Didn't like the way the story was going and I couldn't figure out how to fix it truthfully. How many times? Uh... 8 times, this is the 9th attempt at this.
Q: When do you plan on restarting again?
A: Shut up. :(
Q: When is there going to be a patch?
A: After I finish the first 9 Chapters more than likely.
Q: Seriously, can you stop restarting, I'm getting confused to who the main character is now.
A: I promise I will stop restarting.

Q: What about FE6A? I care about it more than this crap!

A: It's coming... When I get motivation to work on it, don't worry!

Q: Do you like my shirt?

A: The answer is still no.

On to screenshots and other misc. content.

[spoiler=Round1]
Shots1.png

Shots2.png

[spoiler=Round 2]

Shots3.png

Shots4.png

[spoiler=Round 3]

Shots5.png

Something to note:
If you have played the older versions of LoC(ranging from the good old FE8 version(I use 'good old' sarcastically, those are horrible versions, do not play them if you manage to find them) to the current version), you will notice... References. Pointing out references might be worthwhile, or at least fun! Probably not fun, but if you find a reference and post it here, and it's actually a reference, I'll... Do something. Probably reveal some secret item location or give you information about your reference. Whatever, fun for you(possibly), fun for me(not at all).

Question of the month!
Have you tried the latest patch?

The latest Readme!

Edited by Kitty of Time

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two types on knights, and imported conversation background, and entirely customed mugs. And the award wining chibis. Welcome back?

Thought this was being combined with ASD for a sec from the title. Other than that, really captures the spirit of the project

Oh hey, I'm curious about how you got an arms scroll to function correctly?

I'm guessing he didn't, seeing as it has infinite (or no) uses.

Bright green grass with desert tile set looks nice.

Edited by deranger

Oh you're right, I totally missed that in my excitement. And arms scroll is exactly what I've been needing for my next LP since it'll have fixed WLVLS and an arms scroll is better than having "training weapons" any day of the week.

Oh well.

The arms scroll isn't exactly what you think it is, it's an enemy-only item that grants a specific weapon level(because there are weapon locks, enemies and NPCs won't automatically autolevel their weapon level to match a locked weapon). It doesn't raise your weapon level for PCs.

No big FEE3 news really, unless you didn't see the video

In terms of what's been done since the last update, a few little tweaks and tidbits have been done, mostly to the magic trinity.

As you know if you played FE4/5 of FE9/10, anima has it's own weapon triangle that isn't in GBAFE, which is something that's always bothered me. So I decided to give each type of magic it's own sort of advantage over the others.

• Wind Magic - Low Might, High Hit, Bonus Speed, 1-3 Range(Obviously, Arch never realized this)
  • Fire Magic - Medium Might, Medium Hit, Bonus Magic, 1-2 Range
  • Thunder Magic - High Might, Low Hit, Bonus Skill, 2-3 Range

And so Light and Dark magic don't feel bad(range for most spells will remain their usual 1-2 range).

• Light Magic - Bonus Luck
  • Dark Magic - Bonus Defense

That's sort of it for now(sorry, no screenshots or anything), maybe next time it'll be more exciting.

I don't think Wind magic should increase speed, because that would make it wayyy to overpowered. make it increase resistance.

I'm tempted to agree with this, as the bonus speed would essentially make that low might meaningless, especially with the 1-3 range for I'm assuming all Wind tomes. Having someone who can double at longbow range and kill easily reminds me of Marksmen from FE10. And those were broken as all get out. I mean I LOVE wind Magic, don't get me wrong, I'm just curious how you'll actually make that work.

In actuality, Gust always had +1 speed(it was in the FEE3 video), and it didn't make the weapon broken.

Wind tomes are the rarest and the most expensive as well, I'm fairly certain nothing will go wrong.

And I guess I do have enough screens...

Shots3.png

Edited by Kitty of Time

In actuality, Gust always had +1 speed(it was in the FEE3 video), and it didn't make the weapon broken.

Wind tomes are the rarest and the most expensive as well, I'm fairly certain nothing will go wrong.

And I guess I do have enough screens...

Shots3.png

Is that dark skinned man in the top-right screen a new character, or is my guess right and that's Om'bel's new mug? Cause if so, that would be amazing. Also how in the HELL did you manage to get the Mauthe Dog animation working? Unless this is a FE8 hack(honestly, it's been so long I can't remember. Sorry!). Whatever it is, keep it up. Also if that's how you're balancing Wind Magic...Hm. That might actually work. Also how expensive are we talking here? Also Sahara Blade? What does it do? AND WHY DOES IT SOUND SO AWESOME.

the dark skinned man is a woman

dying of laughter over here

Is that dark skinned man in the top-right screen a new character, or is my guess right and that's Om'bel's new mug? Cause if so, that would be amazing. Also how in the HELL did you manage to get the Mauthe Dog animation working? Unless this is a FE8 hack(honestly, it's been so long I can't remember. Sorry!). Whatever it is, keep it up. Also if that's how you're balancing Wind Magic...Hm. That might actually work. Also how expensive are we talking here? Also Sahara Blade? What does it do? AND WHY DOES IT SOUND SO AWESOME.

Nope, still a FE7 hack(it hasn't been an FE8 hack since like 2008 lol).

And yes, each magic has it's own reasons to use and reasons to avoid. Wind has very poor power and breaks quickly.