Lunatic+ Shenanigans (HELP ME THIS SUCKS)

Well, I have finally conquered lunatic. I proceeded to begin lunatic+. It sucks. I need help with chapter two, I can't do it, even with Virion's elixir. My MU is lv. 4 with a skill asset and defense flaw (It's only -1 defense). In C1 Fred got a soothing sword, and he just camped on the fortress and took out every enemy. I abused the boss until I couldn't with MU. The soothing sword has 4 uses left, and he also has Sully's lance and MU's sword, as well as his silver lance with 20, maybe 21 uses left. This will be a grind run. I'm also challenging myself to no sorcerer/dark magic run. A few VV abusers will go in and out of the sorc class to get vengeance, but they will not be sorcs in any campaign chapters.

Chrom/Sumia- GL!Lucy, Falcon knight or paladin!Cynthia

MU/Olivia- Grandmaster!Morgan, Hero!Inigo

Ricken/Lissa- Dread Fighter or Sage!Owain

Henry/Maribelle- War Monk!Brady

Donnel/Sully- No idea!Kjelle

Stahl/Cordelia- Hero!Severa

Fred/Cherche- Wyvern!Gerome

Gregor/Panne- Zerker!Yarne

Lon'qu/Miriel- Sage!Laurent

Gaius/Tharja- Dark Flier!Noire

Vaike/Nowi- Manakete or axefaire hero!Nah

I will not take suggestions for the pairings, but the classes I obviously need help with. I'm open to suggestions for chapters two and three, because they're stupidly hard, and for the second gen's classes.

Edited by Duck

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch Lunatic+? :sweatdrop:

Can't help very much seeing as how I'm trying some of these pairing for the first time as well but I was going to make Kjelle a Paladin if you made Cynthia a Falcon Knight(Recommended depending on what her magic is)for the extra move.

Ouch Lunatic+? :sweatdrop:

Can't help very much seeing as how I'm trying some of these pairing for the first time as well but I was going to make Kjelle a Paladin if you made Cynthia a Falcon Knight(Recommended depending on what her magic is)for the extra move.

It's bad. One wrong skillset and you're f*cked. I had to reset five times on the prologue and nine on chapter one (That damn hammer fighter kept getting hawkeye).

It's bad. One wrong skillset and you're f*cked. I had to reset five times on the prologue and nine on chapter one (That damn hammer fighter kept getting hawkeye).

Relevant:

Lunatic+ is just stupid. Personally, all the skills are random instead of fixed, making it harder then it already is. It's real name should have been named ウェイ·トゥ·クソ - ハードにプレーモード.

-Def flaw my unit, I think I found your problem!

Well the strat I can give is for Fred to camp the mountain on turn 2, Killing the merc on turn 1 with Chrom pair up and a rigged dual strike. The mountain barbarian has to attack one of the other units you move to the left on turn 1. After the enemy phase, move Fred to the mountain and use the elixir, move everyone else to the corner.

If the soldier moves towards your units in the corner, and it doesn't have L+, block the path with sully and kill the soldier on the next turn. That all I have for now.

Have someone tried Lunatic+ with no MU?

I would try, but only for the first few chapters, not the whole game.

If it was a headache with MU, I can't imagine the pain of no MU.

Although I think it's more feasible with only three pairings, maybe ChromXSumia, Vaike X Cordelia, and Panne X Gregor.

Edited by 1% critted

You mean like other units along with MU or literally no MU involvement whatsoever? How you put it was odd.

Little to no MU, usually with MU doing ch 1 and 2, and then drop starting from CH3

I have not tried Lunatic+ that much, but this kind of shit is definitely easy to pull off in Lunatic

Okay, how about this. Shift Vaike to Cherche, Fred to Olivia, and Kellam to Nowi. Restart so I can get my asset to defense and flaw to (Give suggestions). Then I can do Kellam!Nah!Morgan. I'd prefer to not do this, but I at least want to restart so I can do the water trick.

Mage attacks, you counter with thunder.

You heal with vulnerary.

You heal with vulnerary.

Mage attacks, you counter wit thunder.

Then you 1-range the mage with bronze sword.

Chrom needs to be on the other side of the river, and on range of the barbarian on the right, so the melees will go right.

Edited by 1% critted

for the record the hammer dude isn't instant game over even with hawkeye+luna+ if you can kite him, i've managed it before.

For most people it is.

Most people.

Anyways, worry about your pairings after you've gotten past those initial chapters.

Chapter 2 survival, and I quote from Interceptor:

success in this chapter depends not on your strategic abilities or preparation, but how many Luna+ enemies that the game decides to throw at you.

You heal with vulnerary.

You heal with vulnerary.

Mage attacks, you counter wit thunder.

Then you 1-range the mage with bronze sword.

Chrom needs to be on the other side of the river, and on range of the barbarian on the right, so the melees will go right.

I have the melee guys on the right and MU standing in the middle of the river with two health. How do I snipe them if they move when I leave the river?

Just to clarify, if you want to kill the mage using the water trick, make sure he doesn't have Magic +2 and Luna+. He can have Focus, but you'll have to bank on not getting critted. And Pair Up Avatar with Lissa for the 2 points in Resistance.

I can tell you from experience, there's really no need to 1 range the mage. The problem with this is it just adds more frustration to relying on the RNG. You ultimately have to bank on the mage not having an extra skill alongside Magic +2 and Luna+, that being Vantage+. Just come packed with both Chrom's and LIssa's Vulnerary.

What you can do here is:

1. Engage the mage

2. Move as far to the left of the river as possible

3. Once you reach the edge of the map (you'll probably be at around 3 HP, so Vulnerary won't be enough to heal you back up), move down then back up to get 2 Vulnerary heals off

4. Hope you don't miss anywhere and finish him off with Thunder.

This method will also bait out the 1 range enemies and set them up for you to kill with Thunder. Just snipe these from the river and you'll earn a whole lot of profit. Then, handle any stragglers by baiting them from the far left side of the river. Also, you should look at shadowofchaos's video to get a better sense of how you can accomplish this. First few chapters of Lunatic+ is a mix of skill and RNG.

I don't know why you keep saying -def is only -1 DEF. Well yeah, but it's -3 DEF compared to a DEF asset and a 10% growth loss on top of that, which can make a pretty big difference when you're likely focusing EXP onto the Avatar. That +DEF avatar can easily end up about 5 DEF better compared to a -DEF by chapter 2, which is pretty significant considering the enemy damage output (even with Luna+ being rife). I don't really know why you want to use +SKL either. Skl just doesn't make much difference early and is pretty ignorable late. Cap modifiers are bad as well (not that they really mean much).

-Def flaw my unit, I think I found your problem!

^this

You are pretty much gonna need either +SPD or +DEF and -LCK or -RES/SKL to have the best chance at Luna+. Not only is defense not your asset, but it's your flaw, so that's seriously gonna hinder you.

Aside from that, there are plenty of great guides out there that can help you get through the early chapters now. My only other small piece of advice is that you don't make the mistake I made and overuse Fred and promote everyone too early; the midgame chapters will be a breeze if you do, but lategame will be extremely difficult if not impossible.

for the record the hammer dude isn't instant game over even with hawkeye+luna+ if you can kite him, i've managed it before.

Yep, it seems to be the consensus that he is an insta game over but I've found this not to be the case. Especially on chapter 3, where there are a number of ways to deal with him.

Have someone tried Lunatic+ with no MU?

I've thought about it and might do it eventually but we'll see. My unfinished run was pretty much no MU (not in a strict sense, I did use her but she was contributing even less than regular trained units like Gregor due to bad stat gains and general underuse), but you probably already knew that. IIRC, KTT considered doing something like this at some point although I might just be remembering when I tried to bait him into doing it discussed it with him a while ago.

I would try, but only for the first few chapters, not the whole game.

If it was a headache with MU, I can't imagine the pain of no MU.

Although I think it's more feasible with only three pairings, maybe ChromXSumia, Vaike X Cordelia, and Panne X Gregor.

Just curious, why do you say Vaike? I mean, the others all seem like some of the better Luna+ units, but I haven't seen many people recommending training Vaike. I've never tried it personally, but surely there are better units gameplaywise (if not for pairing purposes)?

Edited by Walhart

VaikeXCordelia is one of the best pairs I've had, at least on regular Lunatic, since they compliment each other really well, have good weapon ranks, and ranged attacks. Then Vaike can go hero, and Cordelia DF or FK.

Severa is nothing though(she is kinda unrecruitable anyway).

VaikeXCordelia is one of the best pairs I've had, at least on regular Lunatic, since they compliment each other really well, have good weapon ranks, and ranged attacks. Then Vaike can go hero, and Cordelia DF or FK.

Severa is nothing though(she is kinda unrecruitable anyway).

Have Vaike's speed issues been a problem at all? I mean, he's hardly dodgetanking much (very few people can still do that effectively with hawkeye), but was he getting doubled/having issues doubling at all?

Furthermore, I'd imagine it'd be a bit difficult to train so many earlygame units (Chrom, Sumia, Cordelia, Vaike, Panne) all at once. Granted you wouldn't be training Avatar, but it seems to me like this would force you to use Fred quite a bit, making it hard to train so many earlygame units. But I may be wrong (as I've said, I haven't tried this yet per se).

Hmm.. I haven't tried it. But with the combination of units I mentioned, Till chapter 6, most experience will be going to Vaike,Chrom,Sumia and Frederick. That should give him enough of a level lead. His speed isn't that big of an issue if I pair him with Lon'qu, and he has the HP to tank at least 3 hits. And he can instantly use hand axes and orsin's hatchets. I can get him to at least level 9 before chapter 6. Then after I get Panne, do paralogue 2. Then after I get Gregor, Paralogue 3 and so on and so forth.

Vaike isn't all that bad, unless he gets screwed. I will probably play Lunatic+ like that(no log) after I finish Hard mode no pair up that I'm doing right now.

Edited by 1% critted

Hmm.. I haven't tried it. But with the combination of units I mentioned, Till chapter 6, most experience will be going to Vaike,Chrom,Sumia and Frederick. That should give him enough of a level lead. His speed isn't that big of an issue if I pair him with Lon'qu, and he has the HP to tank at least 3 hits. And he can instantly use hand axes and orsin's hatchets.

Ok, that's fair enough. Cordelia would give him some speed as a pair up too I suppose. I do agree that the other 5 you mentioned would at least be worth training in such a scenario. But no mages? I dunno about Miriel since she's another earlygame character but maybe Tharja could fill the magic Avatar niche since there's a lack of good ranged attacks in that team (no bows either).

Cherche also might be decent, but probably not since then you'd have 3 fliers (4 with reclassed Panne).

Vaike isn't all that bad, unless he gets screwed. I will probably play Lunatic+ like that(no log) after I finish Hard mode no pair up that I'm doing right now.

I might get around to logging something like that eventually, but I have so much other stuff to finish/start first. And this wouldn't take priority cuz I don't even like Awakening that much.

Edited by Walhart