Lon'qu/Miriel

Stahl/Cordelia

Henry/Maribelle

Ricken/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Gregor/Cherche

Frederick/Panne

Vaike/Nowi

Where do you think Kellam should go, if anywhere?

who?

Nowhere. This looks very good.

What skills do you believe would be the best skills for a Gangrel!Morgan going Sorcerer? For the record, the Avatar is a +Mag/-Str one.

I'm thinking of getting Aggressor, Galeforce, and Limit Breaker on him, but I have no idea what to have for the other skills.

What skills do you believe would be the best skills for a Gangrel!Morgan going Sorcerer? For the record, the Avatar is a +Mag/-Str one.

I'm thinking of getting Aggressor, Galeforce, and Limit Breaker on him, but I have no idea what to have for the other skills.

For tanking, Vantage + something.

For being attacker, Tomefaire, Luna/Ignis, Aggressor, Galeforce.

Edited by MelonGx

Hello, I'm a newcommer, both to this forum and the FE serie. I just started Awakening, being my first FE game and first playthrough, and went for Lunatic Classic.

As I have an OCD-like completionist disease, I need to min-max everything, so I would request some advices regarding the pairings.

I took the FeMU +def/-lck route tho, which would appear to be the way to beat the first 4 chapters painlessly (kinda, I did reset a bunch >.<), but not really that good for min-maxing. Regarding, I'd rather not restart again, so could you indicate me a good pairing option for this, considering Chrom and FeMU are married already ?

Thanks a bunch for the advices.

Well, if Chrom and Avatar are already married and you don't want to reset, not much advice can change that. Marriages are kind of permanent.

As for your other pairings, a lot of the advice already in this thread will still hold true for you- get lots of Galeforce, avoid class overlaps, one high mod and one negative mod are better than two medium mods, etc. I'd be more specific, but your first playthrough really should be personal preference based and I'd advise not minmaxing until your second or third file.

So I'm looking at starting a lunatic file soon, and wanted to know what makes a good pairing. I want to make the best possible children I can.

I know everyone will have different definitions on what makes the best child. So I'm just asking for some guidelines on how I could pick them for my self.

Thanks for any help ^_^

Grinding or no grind?

If you're grinding, the difficulty doesn't matter, just follow the advice in the rest of this thread. If you're not grinding, focus on Morgan, Lucina, their siblings, and maybe one or two other children max. General tips include everything in the post right above yours.

Quick and easy way to optimise is to aim to get the following three skills on everyone wherever possible:

- Galeforce, Luna, Weaponfaire (tomefaire for magical, relevant physical one for physical)

Toss in LB and you only need 1 more skill, which will be aggressor for males, DS+ for Lucina, Aether for Lucina!Morgan or Chrom!Cynthia should they exist, Ignis for daughters of MU and filler otherwise (vantage, DG+, as+2 etc.)

Mods are a secondary consideration (i.e +magic mods for magical children, +phys for physical ones).

Then try to make the non-galeforce kids (Gerome, Yarne, Laurent and probably Nah) useful in other ways (Gerome and Yarne berserkers with high strength mods, Laurent can V/V etc.)

Can also run vengeance instead of luna, but it has less distribution and luna is better for general purpose usage.

Edited by CoolCoolCool

Thanks for the info Cool³. I'll put that to use :D

--

So I'm looking at this now.

Chrom/Olivia

Gaius/Tharja

Donnel/Sully

Ricken/Lissa

Kellam/Nowi

Lon'qu/Cordellia

Virion/Maribelle

Henry/Sumia

Gregor/Miriel

Stahl/Panne

Vaike/Cherche

MU(+mag-lck)/Severa

I'm looking to clear Lunatic, all the DLC including Apotheosis. Plenty of grinding.

How dose it look. I'm not too sue on the combat pairings or what skills to pass down other than galeforce.

Edited by Vakturion

Those look pretty good.

I would say that Stahl is being wasted on Panne, move him over to Nowi to make Nah more useful. She loses 1 defence and 1 resistance, but gains speed, strength and has access to a lot more classes, especially for supporting. Yarne will probably be a berserker support unit and Frederick does the job just as well as Stahl, but Stahl is an upgrade on Frederick for pretty much everyone else.

Other than that, Libra over Virion for Maribelle is worth considering (Virion is also fine though, pretty much the only place he is decent).

Make sure Olivia, Maribelle and Lissa pass down galeforce. I'd get Donnel to pass down aptitude to Kjelle and maybe get Panne to pass down a breaker to Yarne. Other than that, just pass down something convenient.

Edited by CoolCoolCool

Virion x Maribelle: Deliverer and +3 SPD are delicious.

Libra x Maribelle: Good for accessing Waste which has more power than Celica's Gale but you really need a Dual Support+ on your Brady's wife side to make its accuracy being practical.

Edited by MelonGx

So many options, you guys are giving me a lot to look into, thanks :D

---

I'm thinking I'll switch Libra with Virion to get Libra!Brady, it sounds like I could have some with it.

I'm on the fence with nah. If I go kellam I'll get slightly better (+1) Def and Res and renewal which sounds fun having a 100% heal every turn on a tank. But then I've got stahl which has better Str and Spd with Lifetaker.

Which Nah do you think would do me better?

Edited by Vakturion

Who is Nah going to marry? Is she going to be a physical lead, support, or manakete tank. Manakete tanks are cool, but unnecessary. With optimised kids, you will be running around killing everything super-fast, diminishing the value of tanks. Kellam is slightly better for tanking, but Stahl is better for pretty much everything else.

Edited by CoolCoolCool

I'll support Vaike for making Nah as a Dual Supporter.

Vaike!Nah@General with LB/Axefaire/All+2/Str+2 and Brave Axe can have 103~105 MT.

She also has the Luna access from Vaike's special passdown to daughter.

For other pair-ups affected by Vaike x Nowi, I'll suggest changing them to Gregor x Cherche, Stahl x Miriel instead.

For Gregor!Gerome, there's absolutely no difference between his Str+6 and Vaike!Gerome's Str+7. Both of them can ORKO all Secret Apo's bosses by dual strike only, except Wave 4's Berserker. Both of them need a Barrack Boost to ORKO that Berserker.

For Stahl!Laurent, he loses Armsthrift but gains Luna. Others are almost the same as Gregor!Laurent.

Furthermore, I'll suggest switching Stahl and Lon'qu to Lon'qu!Laurent and Stahl!Severa since Galeforce units require more Luna than Galeforce-less units, and Stahl makes Severa an insane Sniper. But keeping them not changed is still OK.

Edited by MelonGx

Luna in general is kind of an in beetwen from an overkill investment or your most reliable, convenient choice thanks to the way the game works

Namely because for the most part your main attacker is useless(Skin and plus ability). Luna's damage usually goes beetwen "It doesn't matter" or "the push needed to ORKO", and unlike Vengeance you don't need to set it up

Edited by JSND

I just got past chapter 4 in my lunatic file and I'm not sure what to do with most of my pairings. The only two I know for sure are Chrom x Olivia and Cordelia x Stahl. Beyond that I wanted to go for a third gen morgan. My FeMU is +Mag/-Luck.

I just got past chapter 4 in my lunatic file and I'm not sure what to do with most of my pairings. The only two I know for sure are Chrom x Olivia and Cordelia x Stahl. Beyond that I wanted to go for a third gen morgan. My FeMU is +Mag/-Luck.

Could go Ricken!Laurent!Morgan for +9 Mag :P

Probably better to leave morgan out of your decision making until the end, because s/he'll always be powerful.

< noob could be completely wrong.

So, with my pairings I'm now wondering where I should be chucking my Avatar(male)

Chrom/Olivia
Vaike/Nowi
Donnel/Sully
Gaius/Tharja
Ricken/Lissa
Stahl/Cordelia
Henry/Sumia
Gregor/Cherche
Lon'qu/Miriel
Frederick/Panne
Libra/Maribelle
I was thinking of pairing up with Henry!Cynthia giving me these modifiers. Good idea, or is there a better option?
HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
0 -1 5 5 6 -4 0 3
Also looking at Emmeryn +8Mag seems pretty nice.
HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
0 -2 8 1 4 -2 -1 4
Edited by Vakturion

You're forgetting to add +1 to all mods for the 2nd gen bonus, Emmeryn!Morgan can have +9 Mag.

And Morgan actually won't always be powerful- 3rd gen Morgan has pretty much universally lower growth rates than 2nd gen Morgan, and sometimes has lower bases as well depending on how you're training, not to mention coming several chapters later. But when minmaxing Morgan usually turns out very nicely.