• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, the picture is outdated.

Some of them need to be more optimized due to the Apotheosis DLC's out.

Oh... It must have been the info I got that was outdated because I manually put the pairings together in Photoshop using that template I found online. ^_^;

Just dinking around on Hard mode so I can get a feel for Chromatar, and I realized, D!K and G!N are already married, so no galeforks for Nah. What dad makes Nah best in terms of a Back unit role?

Married guys:

Gregor, Gaius, Vaike, Fred, Libra, Ricken, Donny, (Henry, for Sumia)

Nah: Stahl for raw physical damage output, Virion for DS rate (physical or magical). Nah's skills with either should be LB/Faire/All+2/Skl+2/Str+2 or Mag+2. Sniper or Sage advised.

Magical Nah is more useful than physical Nah simply due to having a wider marriage range (physical Nah is pretty much locked to physical Inigo, magical can marry Owain, Brady or Libra/Ricken!Inigo).

Gerome's father who recognized to be good:

Vaike(Berserker+7) has maximum Str.

Gregor(Berserker+6) has Armsthrift.

Henry(Berserker+5) has Anathema & Tomebreaker for a better hit.

Stahl(Warrior+6 aka. Berserker+4) has Hit+20 & Prescience for a better hit.

All the other fathers can't give Gerome a Str mod higher than Berserker+2.

But well, there are 2 alternative choices - Ricken and Libra, who make Gerome Sage+2~3.

Edited by MelonGx

Yarne can handle a fight by himself, but since he lacks galeforce, VV, and lacks a great magic mod, he's destined for support. Because Yarne already has most of the classes he needs from Panne, all he really wants is a good supporting class, and it's a waste if you give any Berserker father to him, since they are needed elsewhere.

Yarne gets base Barbarian.

That's why its a waste to give yarne a dad who passes down beserker.

I forgot about Olivia, I'll throw Virion on her, because he's good enough otherwise without Stahl. Kellam doesn't help him out that much.

Also, I'll shoot Stahl and nowi together. Sumia has henry because all the other options are taken

Edited by Elieson

Design limitation: Inigo is married to Morgan or Nah.

gen 1:

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Ricken

Frederick x Panne

Sully x Donnel

Virion x Maribelle

Stahl x Miriel

Henry x Nowi

Gaius x Tharja

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Gregor x Cherche

Libra x Olivia

gen 2:

Lucina x Laurent

MaMU x Severa (+skl/-def)

Inigo x Morgan

Brady x Nah

Cynthia x Owain

Kjelle x Yarne

Noire x Gerome

forever alone:

Vaike

Anna

Say'ri

Tiki

Basilio

Flavia

Aversa

Emmeryn

Gangrel

Walhart

Yen'fay

Priam

Did I forget anyone?

Yeah Kellam lol

forever alone:
Vaike
Anna
Say'ri
Tiki
Basilio
Flavia
Aversa
Emmeryn
Gangrel
Walhart
Yen'fay
Priam

I don't think it's really necessary to list everyone who can only marry the avatar, it's implied that they're gonna be alone anyway innit?

Anyway the rest looks okay to me I guess.

Chrom(RK) X Olivia(GF) Lucina!Great Lord Inigo!Beserker (S)

feMU(GF) X Inigo(RK) Morgan!Grand Master

Tharja(??) X Gaius(Sol) Noire!Sorcerer

Lissa(GF) X Ricken(??) Owain!Dread Fighter

Maribelle(GF) X Libra(??) Brady!Dread Fighter

Sumia(GF) X Henry(??) Cynthia!Sage (S)

Cordelia(GF) X Lon’qu(Astra) Severa!Assassin (S)

Cherche(??) X Vaike(??) Gerome!Beserker (S)

Miriel(??) X Gregor(??) Laurent!Sage (S)

Nowi(??) X Kellam(??) Nah!Manakete

Sully(??) X Donnel(Sol) Kjelle!Wyrven Lord (S)

Panne(??) X Frederick(??) Yarne!Beserker (S)

Brady X Cynthia

Owain X Severa

Nah X Yarne

Morgan X Kjelle

Lucina X Gerome

Noire X Laurent

Looking for some help with my pairings and classing. This is what I wish to do for my next Lunatic+ run, full grind and post game pairings. I am open to all discussion on these pairings and which skills to pass down.

I have put a (S) next to children that are designed to be a support unit. This is either because they are strictly there to do high damage or be a healer. No (S) does not mean they can’t be a support unit, just that I did not have him/her designed to be one.

feMU is +DEF/-LCK.

I am also open to my children support pairings as well.

Lastly I was really hoping to have a Kjelle that looks awesome and sexy, but I don’t know what class she’ll look the sexiest as and be a strong damage support. I have Donnel as her dad since everywhere I read he’s the best and her best final class is Wyrven Lord.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/thoughts/advice!

Edited by tsukixxiii

Alllllllllrighty. I'm not a super expert or anything on this kinda stuff, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'll do my best to help.

The more experienced tacticians can surely revise, correct, or add to anything I say to be slightly more helpful. =3= *knuckle crack*

Brady X Cynthia

Owain X Severa

Nah X Yarne

Morgan X Kjelle

Lucina X Gerome

Noire X Laurent

Looking for some help with my pairings and classing. This is what I wish to do for my next Lunatic+ run, full grind and post game pairings. I am open to all discussion on these pairings and which skills to pass down.

I have put a (S) next to children that are designed to be a support unit. This is either because they are strictly there to do high damage or be a healer. No (S) does not mean they can’t be a support unit, just that I did not have him/her designed to be one.

feMU is +DEF/-LCK.

I am also open to my children support pairings as well.

Lastly I was really hoping to have a Kjelle that looks awesome and sexy, but I don’t know what class she’ll look the sexiest as and be a strong damage support. I have Donnel as her dad since everywhere I read he’s the best and her best final class is Wyrven Lord.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/thoughts/advice!

(about inheritance)

- Miriel and Cherche should pass Dual Support+ for sure, seeing as it's a female-only skill and both (Gerome especially) can make really good use of it. Similarly, I'd personally recommend passing Counter or Axefaire from the men who get them to any daughters (depending on whether or not she's using an axe), though Gamble and Despoil are also decent choices (Despoil is kind of pointless if you have Golden Gaffe, though).

- Generally speaking, for anyone that doesn't pass gender-exclusive skills, you just want to pass a level-15 promote skill for a class path you don't want to bother with. For instance, Libra can pass Lifetaker/Renewal, Ricken can give Luna, Tharja can pass Vengeance/Lifetaker, Nowi can pass Swordbreaker, etc. Most of the time the skills you pass don't end up mattering in the long run, so people usually suggest passing skills that work well for grinding (like healing skills or else things like Armsthrift, Sol, etc.)

(pairings)

- Most of your pairings are very good, however, I hear Kellam!Nowi isn't super recommended especially if you're doing Apo, where most people prefer to focus on hyper offense. Czar Yoshi will recommend Virion!Nah and using her as a support Sage, since she really isn't well-suited to much else anyway if all your other parents are locked in (really her best parent is a male MU from what I hear, but marrying second gen is better of course and you're a feMU anyway so irrelevant).

- Others will probably recommend marrying a different hubby so that Morgan can marry Lucina, but RFK Inigo!Morgan seems okay to me *shrug*

(class choices)

- okay now these could probably work, but to me some of your class choices are a bit strange. I'll go through the recommended classes/sets that I've heard of for most of them.

- Lucina: Paladin recommended. Olivia!Lucina has the luxury of getting both of and choosing between Lancefaire and Swordfaire, and has good mobility and stats overall besides. Assassin Lucina also works (and is what I was planning to do personally, whether it's optimal or not). Some also use her as a Sniper, which she has great procs for as well as Galeforce. Similarly, Grandmaster is not really recommended for Morgan as its stats are somewhat subpar compared to other classes. Dreadfighter would probably be superior overall, though others would probably just tell you to go Sage.

- Owain/Brady as Dreadfighters: Again, most will tell you to just go full-on specialized with Sage. Personally I like the idea, but it's pretty widely considered to be not optimal. Brady as a Sorcerer could also work, but I think people usually use Sage over Sorc because of higher Magic and Speed or something.

- Cynthia/Noire : People usually say Darkflier is best class for them. Cynthia works as a Sage, but with Tomefaire/Galeforce/good procs she probably makes better use of the Darkflier's greater mobility, something you definitely will want to take advantage of. Same for Noire; though she doesn't get Tomefaire, she at least gets Lancefaire and decent procs.

- Severa/Kjelle: I've seen a few other classes suggested for Lon'qu Severa, among them Wyvern Lord (which is nice because Lancefaire) and Hero (Swordfaire, better Str/defenses). TBH I have no idea what you're talking about with the sexy thing for Kjelle; that seems pretty subjective to me. For what it's worth, Kjelle also gets Lancefaire and Wyvern Lord so I guess that could work?

- Again, Nah is probably best as a support Sage; Manaketes can work for Apo I think jus barely, but I don't know what kind of parents make for a good Manakete Nah outside of MaMU.

- Note that Severa, Cynthia, and possibly Laurent can all make good leads-- the girls especially, when packing Galeforce, are ones that you probably want to have available for a frontline role. My recommendations for the girls reflect this, and Laurent can make a lead tanker with the Vantage/Vengeance combo that you probably know about already.

- Others will probably recommend marrying a different hubby so that Morgan can marry Lucina, but RFK Inigo!Morgan seems okay to me *shrug*

Actually the game has nothing against you doing this, it's only siblings who are barred from marrying. Chrom!Inigo/Brady!Morgan can still marry Lucina, Lucina!Morgan can still marry Chrom!Brady/Inigo, and any of Chrom's female descendants can marry Owain. Chrom!Inigo/Brady can also marry Lissa!Morgan.

Those are also some of Morgan-F (especially magical)'s best postgame options, and they even work well in efficiency runs due to only requiring one first-gen pairing. You almost have to wonder if they made it that way deliberately...

Alright. I've been working this out for way too long, and I've come up with my pairing list for Lunatic +. Still haven't figured out the Gen 2 pairings yet, or where Robin fits in, but I plan to work them out next.

Tharja x Gaius

Sully x Donnel

Lissa x Libra

Olivia x Henry

Miriel x Lon'qu

Maribelle x Ricken

Sumia x Chrom

Cordelia x Gregor

Nowi x Kellam

Panne x Stahl

Cherche x Frederick

Gaius gives Noire Galeforce, Vantage, and Vengeance. Donnel gives Galeforce to Kjelle, and he's a better father for her than he is for Nah. Lon'qu makes Laurent a total badass with V/V and wicked good stats. Libra and Henry should be the parents of Inigo and Owain for V/V, and swapping fathers gives weaker stats. Chrom is the last good option left for Sumia, and his other option sires a boy (no Aether). The only magic-build father left is Ricken, and he'll be like a steroid shot for Brady. Gregor gives V/V to Severa with great stat synergy. Kellam makes Nah an absolute tank. Frederick gives his kid the General class and the Pavise/Aegis combo, something well suited to bulky Gerome. Stahl as a father makes for a great overall Yarne.

This leaves Virion and Vaike forever alone. I considered both of them for Yarne and Gerome, but in the end, they lost to the other two.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Whoa wut

Nah gurl you definitely want to be usin' ol' Teach in there somewhere. His Strength mods are too good to pass up. I say let Kellam take the slide and replace him with Vaike, or throw Vaike onto Cherche like 90% of people will suggest. Frederick (or Virion or Kellam I suppose, but IIRC they give less strength than Fred does) really wants to be Yarne's dad as well, since he doesn't need anything from other parents.

Most of these are lookin' great, I'd just suggest shuffling around the last three. My suggestions:

- Nowi x Vaike / Virion / Stahl

- Panne x Frederick

- Cherche x Vaike / Stahl

And then if you're going for Luna+ and Apo, everyone always recommends marrying Gen 2 because it gives you 7 gen 2 pair-ups instead of 6 (if you marry gen 1, you'll always have 13 kids; marrying one of the kids lets everyone get married).

Yeah the idea with Gerome and Yarne is for them to be support Berserkers, pairing up with whoever their wife is and hitting hard from the back line with Brave Axes and such. Nowi as well is basically always doomed to be support, though Stahl as a dad might let her tank okay with like Vantage and Luna or something.

I feel kind of bad for Kellam. Practically everyone seems to agree that he's a suboptimal parent for Apo/Luna+ and it makes me sad because it just furthers his forgottenness thing lol.

Edited by BANRYU

'Kay, how about Nowi x Stahl, Panne x Frederick, Cherche x Vaike? I'm basically trying to choose between Vaike and Kellam for who to pass up. Awesome Str versus awesome Def? Then again, maybe I should wait until I pair the kids so I know whether I want Nah in the front or in the back. (But she has low Spd either way, and if Gerome's going to be supporting as well, then he doesn't need the Def... I see your point.)

Also, I have a female Robin with +Spd/-Lck. I'm totally undecided as of now, but I'm thinking of pairing her with Stahl!Yarne (if that's still happening) so Morgan becomes a hard-hitter with massive Skl and Spd stat mods. But Frederick!Yarne would suit that purpose, too.

EDIT: Never mind Laurent. I want a more physical Morgan.

Edited by TheBattyOne

First off, about VV: it's only safe if you have 100% DS. Only. Otherwise, if a DS fails, you die, and it's almost impossible to get 100% DS on a Sage without DS+. So you're intentionally using a high-risk strategy by trying to use more than Lucina's husband as a VV unit (or Avatar x Chrom and Lucina x someone for two pairs) that has very little payoff (there's not much multiple VV units can do that one can't).

A better idea in general is to use Vengeance as an offensive proc over Luna. Intentionally take enough damage to keep its boost up, but never enough that you'll die if the RNG decides to be a troll, and use Galeforce instead of Vantage. In your case, that means giving Vantage to Severa isn't super important (though most of her good physical fathers pass it anyway), and Henry has better uses than Inigo. If you don't want to put him on Cynthia (Chrom!Cynthia is pretty good), he could work well on Brady, and also goes nicely on Gerome, though he won't get many opportunities to use Vengeance and mostly wants Berserker + Anathema.

I'd personally recommend swapping around Henry, Stahl and Fred- give Fred to Yarne, Henry to Gerome and Stahl to Inigo (Stahl!Inigo is basically Chrom!Inigo with a little more Str and a little less Spd, so he's pretty good). That way Yarne gets his Wyvern and mods, Gerome gets his Berserker and +Hit skill, and Inigo gets Luna. From there, you have the option to swap Vaike onto Gerome (more Str but no Anathema) and Virion to Nah (Def is pretty useless in Apo, Virion boosts her DS rate which is all she cares about as a hard support).

Kellam: he's basically a poor man's Ricken, he gives Luna/Tomefaire/Sage but also a nasty Spd-2 mod. You could try him on Inigo/Severa, but I usually don't put him anywhere.

I could use some opinions on my pairings and how i should use them. This is for post game DLC and Lunatic mode.

The only ones that are set in stone are:

MU x Nowi

Chrom x Olivia

Gaius x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

Sumia x Henry

The others are fair game with each other and what classes should the kids use?

Lissa x Ricken/Libra (needs +Mag and Luna or Vengeance)

Miriel x Lon'qu/Gregor/Stahl (needs Vantage)

Maribelle x Lon'qu/Virion/Ricken/anyone (needs +Mag/Spd/Skl)

Panne x Frederick/Stahl (needs +Str/Skl, wants Wyvern)

Cordelia x Lon'qu/Virion/Ricken/Stahl (wants +Spd, Faires or Luna)

Cherche x Vaike/Gregor/Henry/Stahl (needs Zerker or Bowfaire)

Classes depend on who children marry and who their fathers are. Owain/Brady/Laurent are generally best as Sages, Yarne and Gerome should be Berserkers except Stahl!Gerome who should be a Warrior, Cynthia can be a Sage or Dark Flier, Kjelle, Lucina and Noire have lots of options including Bride and Dark Flier, Inigo can be pretty much any physical class, Morgan/Nah are asset/flaw dependent but you married Nowi so I'm assuming you want them as Manaketes.

For marriages, try to keep magical children paired with magicals and physical paired with physical. One of the girls will have to go because you married a 1st gen unit, I recommend Kjelle. Kjelle, Noire and Lucina can either be physical or magical, keep in mind that Bride attacks physically but gives magical pairup boosts.

About Vantage!Severa

Initially Vantage is just for building a Nostank!Severa.

But now it's not so important.

+Skl -Lck

It works on Manaketes.

Manaketes for post-game

The class lacks power in Apotheosis because Manaketes can't use 2-hit weapons.

In other situations the Manakete class works fine.

Edited by MelonGx

Manaketes are extremely overpowered anywhere there's no 1-range Counter, Luna+, or Dragonskin- all three of which Secret Apo has. Normal Apo lacks Counter and Luna+ though, so they're still good there. But everywhere else they destroy anything they touch, by virtue of being invincible and immune to Breakers.

I'm playing a Lunatic+ run and I am at chapter 6. So no pairings started yet. What would be the most optimal pairings for beating the game? Male MU with +defense/-luck. Should he marry a gen one or marry a gen two?

Edited by Shamison

Just for beating the game, go Gen 1 or Lucina (only do Lucina if you haven't beaten any Paralogues yet and still have the Seed of Trust from Renown). Good candidates for wives are Lissa (early access, gets staff exp and can train without robbing Avatar of exp, gives a boy and a girl allowing two Gen 2 S pairs with only 2 Gen S pairs), Sumia (early access, good base Spd, comparatively easy Galeforce pass), Panne (incredible growths especially on Yarne, good pairup boosts, also gives a boy and a girl), and Nowi (early Second Seals, Nah has the easiest Paralogue, high Def, but hard to start, expensive and not as effective as in Lunatic).

The most important trait is early access, which is why 2nd Gen isn't recommended (Lucina is only possible with a lot of foresight, every other 2nd Gen makes Morgan come too late to help). Beyond that, either Spd or Def needs to be exceptional or staff access needs to be present in order to train. Having good starting classes for Morgan and her sibling is very useful but not required, though if you're willing to dance spam Olivia then it might be worth it (Cordelia is also good at passing useful starting classes).

This is assuming Nogrind, of course. With grinding it doesn't matter.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi