That sounds like an incredible amount of overkill. Unless you're playing Lunatic+, those Manaketes are going to OHKO pretty much everything even without DLC grinding.

Anyway, cap Avatar/Nowi/Chrom, pass AT/Despoil from Avatar, reclass the Manaketes to Tactician for Veteran, use Paragon on them, give them all Rallies and a Dread Fighter Chrom support (DS+/DG+/Charm), and feed them their entire recruitment Paralogues to easily get to Ignis (and probably Rally Spectrum). 1 chapter of training and they'll both be invincible, even on Lunatic. If you are playing Lunatic+, you can still feed them a whole chapter but it'll be a bit slower.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god i attempted secret wave and wow, i got to wave 3 and my inigo friggin died to a

RFK Aether Paladin because Waifu Severa couldnt deal enough damage to finish him off. I should have looked at the stats first before being so reckless. And holy crap those freakin counter snipers were such a pain in the ***!!! I did have enough strategy to get over them though

Oh my god i attempted secret wave and wow, i got to wave 3 and my inigo friggin died to a

RFK Aether Paladin because Waifu Severa couldnt deal enough damage to finish him off. I should have looked at the stats first before being so reckless. And holy crap those freakin counter snipers were such a pain in the ***!!! I did have enough strategy to get over them though

The Ike-adin? Strangely enough he has Pavise despite Aegis being the Paladin skill. Send a magic unit to fight him next time. Best of luck.

The Ike-adin? Strangely enough he has Pavise despite Aegis being the Paladin skill. Send a magic unit to fight him next time. Best of luck.

I thought those paladins had both Pavise and Aegis? Lol i need to pay attention next time.

I thought those paladins had both Pavise and Aegis? Lol i need to pay attention next time.

Nah they only have Pavise. Almost every enemy has only one of the shield skills. IIRC the only enemy with both is the Sniper in wave 2.

Off the top of my head, the final boss doesn't have any, and I don't think the 70 Lck Sorcs do either. I'll check.

Normal Apo: everyone has one shield or the other.

Secret: NS has both, Counter Snipers have none, 70 Lck Sorcs have none, Final has none, everyone else has 1.

Anyway, those Snipers will be back for more on Wave 5.

Oh, Ikeadin has Pavise+ and the rest of the Paladins have Aegis+. That's probably where the confusion is.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

That sounds like an incredible amount of overkill. Unless you're playing Lunatic+, those Manaketes are going to OHKO pretty much everything even without DLC grinding.

Anyway, cap Avatar/Nowi/Chrom, pass AT/Despoil from Avatar, reclass the Manaketes to Tactician for Veteran, use Paragon on them, give them all Rallies and a Dread Fighter Chrom support (DS+/DG+/Charm), and feed them their entire recruitment Paralogues to easily get to Ignis (and probably Rally Spectrum). 1 chapter of training and they'll both be invincible, even on Lunatic. If you are playing Lunatic+, you can still feed them a whole chapter but it'll be a bit slower.

Hahaha, lunatic+... I'm not quite ready for that nightmare yet. And I have a sneaking suspicion it wouldn't be very fun, what with counter, my most despised skill ever in the entire series, just being everywhere in that difficulty. I tried it and I couldn't get past chapter 2 because I couldn't get a tough enough avatar in time. Then again, I did -Def instead of -Lck because I had forgotten why I had gone against -Lck in the first place, and I plan on doing -Lck from now on because 100% armsthrift without limit breaker isn't as important as I thought it would be...

I did it! i conquered castle Apotheosis secret mode on my second try! Wow i feel like im so good at this game lol. Seriously though this map had me thinking crazy and coming up with strategies of awesomeness. And um, Anna....she was a disappointment, seriously. The counter snipers were scarier than her! All i did to kill her was use Owain to get her to 28hp, and then severa came and smacked the crap out of her with Brave Axe.

Hahaha, lunatic+... I'm not quite ready for that nightmare yet. And I have a sneaking suspicion it wouldn't be very fun, what with counter, my most despised skill ever in the entire series, just being everywhere in that difficulty. I tried it and I couldn't get past chapter 2 because I couldn't get a tough enough avatar in time. Then again, I did -Def instead of -Lck because I had forgotten why I had gone against -Lck in the first place, and I plan on doing -Lck from now on because 100% armsthrift without limit breaker isn't as important as I thought it would be...

A/S support with GL Chrom: +9 Lck. You can get 100% AT if you want to.

Apo: Nice! So what are you going to do now?

There's no limit to the number of Supreme Emblems you can get, if you want to build up a trophy case. Or you could minmax again and focus on optimizing your team from the start...

I wanted to start over, but this time on Lunatic. Is it a good idea to do Lunatic, or should i do Hard again? Considering how hard it is to grind in lunatic....

Also, what should be my pairings? I actually loved MU x Tharja because Noire is amazing, but oh well

MU x Severa

Chrom x Sumia

Lonqu/Stahl x Cordelia (idk, help me with this, most likely lonqu)

Ricken x Lissa

Frederick x Panne

Gregor/Vaike x Cherche

Stahl/Libra/Virion x Olivia(Idk)

Gaius x Noire

Donnel x Sully

Henry x Maribelle

Gregor x Miriel (idk)

Also, im guessing kellam x nowi since idc about nah and she will be benched? idk

Are these optimal? Idk which ones are

And what should be MU's Asset/Flaw? +Speed/-Def or Luck?

Edited by Waifu Severa

I did it! i conquered castle Apotheosis secret mode on my second try! Wow i feel like im so good at this game lol. Seriously though this map had me thinking crazy and coming up with strategies of awesomeness. And um, Anna....she was a disappointment, seriously. The counter snipers were scarier than her! All i did to kill her was use Owain to get her to 28hp, and then severa came and smacked the crap out of her with Brave Axe.

I'm still trying to beat Secret Apotheosis, though granted I made it up to the Ikeadin even though I've banned brave weapons because they skew the weapon tiers so absurdly. Hopefully I'll beat it one day.

Say, are there any beastslayer users in Apotheosis? I can't remember.

Edited by Alastor15243

There's a Falco on Wave 3 and two Soldiers on Wave 4 with a Beastkiller++.

OK, for those pairings: first off, if you're marrying your Avatar 2nd gen you'll have an even amount of child units so you won't need to bench anyone. If you want to bench someone anyway, marrying first gen might be better.

Lon'qu!Severa vs Stahl!Severa: Lon'qu gives you a nice Wyvern Lord. You don't have All+2 so you'll need to use Spd+2 instead to reach 75 Spd with a Berserker, but if you pair her with an Assassin instead you can put something else in that slot (probably AT). She has to use Vengeance as her proc. For Stahl, Severa works better as a Swordfaire Hero with Luna/Astra procstack. I'm personally biased toward Lon'qu because Stahl's hair is ugly because there are plenty of procstack candidates already (and a few good Heroes too), while Severa's ability to use Wyvern well is pretty rare.

Cherche: Gregor and Vaike are about the same.

Olivia: Virion gives no Luna/Vengeance so I'm not fond of pairing him with Olivia. Libra might be in less demand than Stahl (if you want to use Dread Fighter, Libra!Inigo is one of its best users).

That should be Gaius x Tharja.

Henry x Maribelle: makes a good Brady, though Henry might be in high enough demand to warrant replacing with Virion.

Nowi: Nah is going to be someone's hard support. If Inigo is physical (Stahl), she can take Vaike, if he's magical she wants Virion or Henry (and can go with any of the Galeboys).

Asset/Flaw: -Def is the way to go. Avatar x Cordelia should be +Spd, Avatar x Severa should be +Spd, +Skl or +Str.

Ok well idk if i want Avatar x Cordelia or Avatar x Severa :/

So it's

Gregor x Cherche

Nowi x Vaike

LonQu x Cordelia

Stahl x Olivia

Chrom x Sumia

Frederick x Panne

Gaius x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

Ricken x Lissa

Henry x Maribelle

And who with Miriel? Should i do Gregor x Miriel, Vaike x Gerome, and Kellam x Nah instead? Or just Miriel x Libra?

Also tbh, these look almost exactly the same as my main playthrough pairings, seriously.

As a matter of fact, i might just do Avatar x Cordelia and bench Nah, because i dont know who to pair the children up with. Idk which to do. Super Severa or Waifu Severa.

Edited by Waifu Severa

There's a Falco on Wave 3 and two Soldiers on Wave 4 with a Beastkiller++.

Alright, that's not TOO bad, maybe I can consider trying out Lon'Qu!Yarne!Morgan.

Nowi: Nah is going to be someone's hard support. If Inigo is physical (Stahl), she can take Vaike, if he's magical she wants Virion or Henry (and can go with any of the Galeboys).

Oh dear god. You mean the general consensus among the high-end players is that Inigo works best paired up with Nah?

*shudders, shivers and nearly vomits*

Poor, poor Inigo. I despise that support set with a fiery passion.

I'm not a new player, but I think it'd be cool to get opinions on the best way to optimize the children characters. My focus is on Galeforce and Armsthrift in combination, and I think I found a good way to give most of the children characters at least Armsthrift. Obviously I go with Armsthrift alongside Limit Breaker so that I don't have to worry about weapon breakage, and Galeforce speaks for itself.

I also just recently learned that Vaike can pass down a Mercenary reclass to a daughter, so this gives more potential.

So far, in my current game, I have these pairings set aside:

Chrom + Olivia = Galeforce Lucina and Galeforce/Armsthrift/Sol/Rightful King Inigo

My Avatar + Cherche = Armsthrift/Renewal Gerome and Armsthrift/Renewal Morgan (an entire family of Wyvern Lords)

Lissa + Donnel = Galeforce/Armsthrift Owain

Vaike + Sully = Armsthrift/Counter/Swordfaire Kjelle

Tharja + Gregor = Armsthrift/Luna Noire

Cordelia + Gaius = Galeforce/Armsthrift/Counter Severa

I'm just curious if anybody would have any suggestions for things I should be doing differently. Criticism is welcome too!

I'm not a new player, but I think it'd be cool to get opinions on the best way to optimize the children characters. My focus is on Galeforce and Armsthrift in combination, and I think I found a good way to give most of the children characters at least Armsthrift. Obviously I go with Armsthrift alongside Limit Breaker so that I don't have to worry about weapon breakage, and Galeforce speaks for itself.

I also just recently learned that Vaike can pass down a Mercenary reclass to a daughter, so this gives more potential.

Chrom + Olivia = Galeforce Lucina and Galeforce/Armsthrift/Sol/Rightful King Inigo

My Avatar + Cherche = Armsthrift/Renewal Gerome and Armsthrift/Renewal Morgan (an entire family of Wyvern Lords)

I'm just curious if anybody would have any suggestions for things I should be doing differently. Criticism is welcome too!

If your focus is on galeforce as well as armsthrift, rule #1: Donnel and Gaius are for Sully and Tharja respectively. They're the only males who can pass down galeforce access, and they can only do it when they have a daughter. Marrying Donnel and Gaius to anyone else means that you've reduced the number of units you will have that can get galeforce.

Also, replacing Vaike with Donnel for Sully means that Kjelle will have both armsthrift AND galeforce, so that's probably what you're gonna want anyway.

Edited by Alastor15243

You mean the general consensus among the high-end players is that Inigo works best paired up with Nah?

Yes.

Well, more of that Nah works best paired with Inigo.

The only child Vaike can realistically pass AT to is Nah. Vaike!Kjelle and Gregor!Noire have no Galeforce.

If you're trying to optimize for both GF and AT, use Avatar x Nowi for max GFs or Avatar x anyone but Cordelia/Olivia and Vaike x Nowi for max ATs, then build the rest of your team normally from there.

Libra!Laurent isn't that good, he has almost total class overlap.

Libra!Laurent isn't that good, he has almost total class overlap.

But is he usable as a healer? It occurred to me that since I'm not doing a third generation morgan, I should have Laurent be single like last time, but this time make him the healer, as a sage with tomefaire and that cleric healing + 5 skill and his mother supporting him with a +magic mod. Libra was left over, and seeing how he's the only male who passes down both priest and a positive magic mod, I figured that would be a good pairing for that specific purpose, as he'd pass down the only class a healing Laurent actually needs.

Well, yeah... But unless your Avatar marries Chrom, you need to bench a girl, not a boy. Unless you've got a really small team.

Staffbot Laurent will benefit more from Mov+1 than an extra Mag mod. Give him someone like Kellam instead if you do decide not to use him.

Well, yeah... But unless your Avatar marries Chrom, you need to bench a girl, not a boy. Unless you've got a really small team.

Staffbot Laurent will benefit more from Mov+1 than an extra Mag mod. Give him someone like Kellam instead if you do decide not to use him.

...FFFFFFFF-

I totally forgot about that. I totally, totally, TOTALLY forgot about that. I'm SO used to playing as a female avatar! Oh god... glad I didn't finalize any of the issue pairings yet...

And none of the girls are going to be bad in this team...

I'll go with your original advice and have the avatar do an A pairing with one of the girls... I just need to decide which one.

Thank you SO MUCH for pointing that out!

Lucina. She has DS+, so she'll work like an S support with 1 less skillslot- you'll lose the potential for a VV pair, but it's not very useful with a full team and No Holds Barred anyway.

Lucina. She has DS+, so she'll work like an S support with 1 less skillslot- you'll lose the potential for a VV pair, but it's not very useful with a full team and No Holds Barred anyway.

Not to mention no brave weapons.

Thanks, that sounds like the right choice here.