I would like some suggestions on my child pairings, so far i have married

Lucina!Morgan x Ricken!Owain

Chrom!Cynthia x Henry!Brady

So i have Lonqu!Severa, Virion!Gerome, Donnel!Kjelle, Giaus!Noire, Vaike!Nah, Fred!Yarne, Stahl!Inigo, Gregor!Laurent left

Thanks

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oof, that's a lot of questions.

Thanks for sharing. What class do you use Frederick!Inigo as, and how is he?

Frederick!Inigo is just another Luna Inigo. Though he is the only Luna Inigo with Wyvern Rider tree so it counts for something. He's pretty amazing. I went with Hero but you can go with whatever. Inigo has Axefaire and Swordfaire at base so he is quite versatile.

Is FeMU supposed to marry a Galeboy? If so I messed up by marrying Ricken!Laurent. If I started over my options would be to stick him with Sumia!Lucina, Chrom!Cynthia, or bench him with Nah. None of those seem very appealing, and Morgan would miss out on Miriel's mods.

She doesn't *have* to marry a galeboy since she has Galeforce herself unlike MaMU. Don't stress the mods too much. It's important to stick Vantage on Laurent. Gregor!Laurent x Sumia!Lucina is pretty great.

I was planning on Donnel!Kjelle x Stahl!Inigo. Kjelle was going to be a Hero with Deliverer. I realized that I could drop Deliverer for All +2 if she switched to Paladin. This would mean 2 more Strength but 4 less Skill. What should I do?

I'd take Paladin because it offers superior far pair up bonuses. Lancefaire Paladin > Swordfaire Hero (Donny!Kjelle doesn't have Axefaire).

I could also get 100% DS with a lot of sacrifices. Kjelle would need Gaius and both she and Inigo would need All +2. Kjelle would be an Assassin and Inigo would be a Sniper. Donnel!Noire as a Sniper would need to drop either Vengeance or Bowfaire for Speed +2 to reach 75 Speed.

Go with your heart~

Going with that 100% DS build, to extend it to when Inigo is leading he could take Fred and be a Swordfaire Assassin. Only thing then is hitting lances. Are Assassins accurate enough to disregard the weapon triangle with a maximum Hit forge? If this works Gerome could take Stahl and have Hit +20. This leaves out Vaike and his badass mods though.

Stahl!Gerome > Vaike!Gerome. Stahl!Gerome has +6 Str mod and Vaike!Gerome has +7. Bowfaire Warrior Stahl!Gerome has 59 Str and Axefaire Zerker Vaike!Gerome has 62 Str. The massive accuracy bonus of Hit +20 matters more than 3 Str in the long run. Considering that Warrior has a 42 Skl cap and Zerker is stuck at 35, the accuracy gap widens that much more between them. Bows also ignore weapon triangle (though Vaike!Gerome could use Swordbreaker...) along with the added bonus of wrecking fliers. I'm speaking with bias, but I'll take Stahl any day of the week.

One more thing: I know I don't technically need to double anything at all, but after how many 75 Speed units would it be pointless to add more? Morgan, Sumia, Kjelle, Inigo (married to Kjelle), Severa, Brady, and Noire all reach 75. That is 6/8 pairs. Is it still worth taking away Owain's TF so he can run AS+2 and reach 75 for 7/8? By the way, the pair without 75 is FeMU x Laurent.

Honestly? You barely need 2 pairs that can hit 75 Spd. If you equip Hit +20 (such a godly skill) on Chrom!Cynthia and Ricken!Owain, then Dark Flier Chrom!Cynthia x Dread Fighter Ricken!Owain can handle both Anna and 70 Spd Sniper boss with ease since they'll be hitting Res. But if you're me, just for fun all 7 of my active combat pairs have at least one member of the pair that can potentially hit 75 Spd, lol. I love me some overkill.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I would like some suggestions on my child pairings, so far i have married

Lucina!Morgan x Ricken!Owain

Chrom!Cynthia x Henry!Brady

So i have Lonqu!Severa, Virion!Gerome, Donnel!Kjelle, Giaus!Noire, Vaike!Nah, Fred!Yarne, Stahl!Inigo, Gregor!Laurent left

Thanks

Severa x Yarne, Kjelle x Gerome, Noire x Laurent, Nah x Inigo.

Reasoning is that Nah needs to be with a Galeboy, Severa wants a support that has Berserker, Noire has the highest Mag mod for leading Laurent, and Kjelle and Gerome are the leftovers.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Ew, Nah x Inigo. Too bad Owain's not around to stick Hero Vaike!Nah on.

Question: if you're using a pair that can reliably 6-hit Anna and the Nightmare Snipers, then there's no reason to have more than 69 speed, correct? (Except for dodgetanking purposes, that is.)

Edited by Zoran

I'd like some assistance with 2nd gen pairings for Apotheosis, please.

I have:

Lucina!FeMorgan

Libra!Owain

Donnel!Kjelle

Chrom!Cynthia

Ricken!Laurent

Henry!Brady

Vaike!Nah

Lon'qu!Severa

Kellam!Yarne

Gaius!Noire

Stahl!Gerome

I think I could do OwainxCynthia, GeromexFeMorgan, and InigoxSevera, but unsure of where to go from there. Any suggestions are very appreciated

Question: if you're using a pair that can reliably 6-hit Anna and the Nightmare Snipers, then there's no reason to have more than 69 speed, correct? (Except for dodgetanking purposes, that is.)

Pretty much. The secret to killing NS is to hit his 46 Res instead of his 70 Def anyway so a Mag-Mag Brave Pair can take him out easily. For Anna, let your 3 Range Snipers tear her apart.

Unless your 6 Hit Anna pair is using a Longbow/Double Bow to avoid Vantage+, then you're fine without 75. Making the whole team go for it is really just overpreparation.

I'd like some assistance with 2nd gen pairings for Apotheosis, please.

I have:

Lucina!FeMorgan

Libra!Owain

Donnel!Kjelle

Chrom!Cynthia

Ricken!Laurent

Henry!Brady

Vaike!Nah

Lon'qu!Severa

Kellam!Yarne

Gaius!Noire

Stahl!Gerome

I think I could do OwainxCynthia, GeromexFeMorgan, and InigoxSevera, but unsure of where to go from there. Any suggestions are very appreciated

Owain x Morgan/Cynthia/Nah/Noire

Laurent x Cynthia/Noire

Brady x Morgan/Cynthia/Nah/Noire

Yarne x Kjelle/Severa/Noire

Gerome x Kjelle/Severa/Noire

What's your asset/flaw, and who's Inigo's dad? It's hard to rate Morgan and Inigo without those.

What's your asset/flaw, and who's Inigo's dad? It's hard to rate Morgan and Inigo without those.

Oh shoot I didn't mean to leave that off.

+Str -HP I believe. Freddy!Inigo.

Edited by starry

Inigo can go with anyone except Cynthia. That's some kind of bad mod clash on Morgan, but she should probably be physical (Inigo/Yarne/Gerome).

Yeah I'd probably should have went with something Skill or Magic oriented but oh well. Thank you for your help.

Oof, that's a lot of questions.

Sorry about that. Thanks for answering them all anyway! Unfortunately neither of my physical hard supports can go Warrior because Noire and Severa need that +3 Speed to hit 75. The rest is really useful though, thanks!

I have four more questions for whoever is willing to answer.

Is Vengeance any good on Snipers?

Apparently Hit +20 would be amazing on Cynthia. Is it worth getting rid of Luna, Aether, or TF?

Vaike!Nah @ Hero or Henry!Nah @ Valkyrie? Her husband will be Lon'qu Brady so he gets 75 Speed either way.

Outside of VV, is physical or magical MaMorgan better? I know this is aatter of opinion, but I would still like to hear. After Ownagepuffs' advice I am considering starting over and doing my team very differently, so a new Morgan build.is. possibility, but I would still like FeMU for GF unless there's a really good reason to use MaMU.

Thank you!

Edited by isetrh

Severa x Yarne, Kjelle x Gerome, Noire x Laurent, Nah x Inigo.

Reasoning is that Nah needs to be with a Galeboy, Severa wants a support that has Berserker, Noire has the highest Mag mod for leading Laurent, and Kjelle and Gerome are the leftovers.

Laurent with noire? What class and skills should Laurent use ?

1) Depends how good you are at setting it up deliberately as opposed to just waiting to naturally take damage (as in, can you determine exactly what you want to be in range of on EP without the game showing you how much damage you'll take). Once they have it set up, they're pretty devastating.

2) I don't use it. She needs to be Chrom!Cynthia to have it, but she also has an amazing skillset already and no room for it. If extra Hit is important, you can always forge 3/25 (but do your calcs first just in case).

3) Henry is in a lot higher of demand than Vaike, so Vaike is usually the superior option. But if your Henry is free, I'd go with him just for fun- Henry!Nah can do a lot more other stuff than Vaike!Nah when not playing Apo.

4) Magical unless he's marrying Severa.

Laurent with noire? What class and skills should Laurent use ?

Sage (LB/Agg/TF/All+2/Mag+2 or Anathema).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Thanks! That settles a few things for me. I'm not going to gimp Noire to give Kjelle 100% DS. Laurent will keep Ricken for the sake of Hit +20, Morgan's mods, and me not having to start over. I know VV is powerful, but so is Morgan x Lucina, right? Sorry for not following your advice on that one Ownagepuffs. My Henry is as free as a crow, so Nah can have him. I will not try to fit Hit +20 into Cynthia's skill set.

My revised (maybe final?) Pairings:

Everyone has LB and Braves unless stated otherwise.

Sumia @ Dark Flier (Chrom)

Galeforce/Tomefaire/Luna/All Stats +2

Chrom @ Bow Knight (Sumia)

Hit Rate +20/Bowfaire/Dual Strike +/Aggressor

FeMU @ Dark Flier (Laurent, + Mag -Def)

Galeforce/Tomefaire/Ignis/Luna

Ricken!Laurent @ Sage (FeMU)

All Stats +2/Tomefaire/Hit Rate +20/Aggressor

Sumia!Lucina @ Dark Flier (Morgan)

Galeforce/Dual Strike +/Aether/Luna

Ricken!Laurent!Morgan @ Sage (Lucina, + Mag - Def)

Galeforce/Tomefaire/Ignis/Aggressor

Chrom!Cynthia @ Dark Flier (Owain)

Galeforce/Tomefaire/Aether/Luna

Libra!Owain @ Sage (Cynthia)

Galeforce/All Stats +2/Vengeance/Aggressor

Donnel!Kjelle @ Paladin (Inigo)

Galeforce/Swordfaire/Luna/All Stats +2

Stahl!Inigo @ Assassin (Kjelle)

Galeforce/Bowfaire/Luna/Aggressor

Virion!Severa @ Wyvern Lord (Yarne)

Galeforce/Lancefaire/Vengeance/All Stats +2

Gregor!Yarne @ Berserker (Severa)

All Stats +2/Axefaire/Armsthrift/Aggressor

Gaius!Noire @ Sniper (Gerome, Boots, Brave Bow and Longbow or Double Bow)

Galeforce/Bowfaire/Vengeance/All Stats +2

Vaike!Gerome @ Berserker (Noire)

All Stats +2/Axefaire/Strength +2/Aggressor

Lon'qu!Brady @ Sage (Nah, Boots)

Galeforce/Tomefaire/Luna/Aggressor

Henry!Nah @ Valkyrie (Brady)

All Stats +2/Tomefaire/Anathema/Demoiselle

DLC!Micaiah @ Valkyrie (unpaired, holding Valflame and then Mire)

Tomefaire/Acrobat/Movement +1/Shadowgift

DLC!Katarina @ Valkyrie (unpaired, holding Valflame and then Mire)

Tomefaire/Acrobat/Movement +1/Shadowgift

Julia @ Falcon Knight (unpaired, no LB, Gae Bolg)

Rally Heart/Rally Magic/Rally Luck/Rally Movement/Rally Defense

Palla @ Falcon Knight (unpaired, no LB, Gae Bolg)

Rally Spectrum/Rally Strength/Rally Speed/Rally Skill/Rally Resistance

The only change I can think of is that Inigo could take one for the team and be fathered by Frederick, switching Swordfaire in for Bowfaire. This would let Yarne take Stahl and Hit Rate +20. Gregor would be unused, which seems unfortunate.

Thank you everyone who has helped me with this!

Edited by isetrh

Right now I'm setting up a team with Chrom!Cynthia & Sumia!Lucina!Morgan as my superstar skirmishers. They're going to be paired with Brady and Inigo in some combination. [Owain is reserved as lead for Vaike!Nah@Hero, since he's the only Galeboy whose support with Nah is tolerable.] I'm leaning toward Morgan x Inigo and Cynthia x Brady, since Morgan x Inigo gives me a double AT pair for in-game utility.

The thing that's giving me trouble is deciding how to line up fathers for Brady, Inigo, and Owain. I have Ricken, Henry, and Libra free (along with Kellam and Frederick). Inigo wants either Ricken or Libra. If I go with Ricken!Inigo, then both of my double Galeforce pairs take no setup whatsoever. However, that means Owain takes a Vengeance father, so Nah's Skill pair-up bonus is kind of wasted. What to do?

Wouldn't the mag bonus be wasted on Noire, i have her as a sniper atm

Noire with Sage support should be a Dark Flier. If you really want her to be a Sniper, I don't think Laurent would be the best choice of partner.

Edited by Zoran

The only change I can think of is that Inigo could take one for the team and be fathered by Frederick, switching Swordfaire in for Bowfaire. This would let Yarne take Stahl and Hit Rate +20. Gregor would be unused, which seems unfortunate.

Nah may want to swap Demoiselle for DS+.

Fred!Inigo is pretty good, though it might be worth swapping Swordfaire for All+2. Swords and Bows are equal after WRB and before skill boosts, but against Lances All+2 Bows will be 1 mt higher than Swordfaire Swords and against fliers Bows will win no matter what.

Wouldn't the mag bonus be wasted on Noire, i have her as a sniper atm

So make her a DF. Laurent is a hard magical support, and Noire is the most magical out of the available leads.

The thing that's giving me trouble is deciding how to line up fathers for Brady, Inigo, and Owain. I have Ricken, Henry, and Libra free (along with Kellam and Frederick). Inigo wants either Ricken or Libra. If I go with Ricken!Inigo, then both of my double Galeforce pairs take no setup whatsoever. However, that means Owain takes a Vengeance father, so Nah's Skill pair-up bonus is kind of wasted. What to do?

The +Skl won't be wasted because it still improves your DS rate. I'd go Henry!Brady for sure, the other two don't really matter.

Nah may want to swap Demoiselle for DS+.

Fred!Inigo is pretty good, though it might be worth swapping Swordfaire for All+2. Swords and Bows are equal after WRB and before skill boosts, but against Lances All+2 Bows will be 1 mt higher than Swordfaire Swords and against fliers Bows will win no matter what.

I will change Demoiselle to DS+ as you said. I don't know what I was thinking on that one.

With Fred, All Stats +2, and Bows Inigo ends up with 2 less Atk but 3 more Skill than with Stahl and Bowfaire. Stahl!Yarne has 18.5 more hit and .25 less DS than Gregor!Yarne, with 2 less Atk because he's dropping Str +2. Yarne would like to have Stahl, but is the effect on Inigo, but is Inigo exchanging 2 Atk for 3 Skill worth it?

I will go with Fred!Inigo. He also has Axefaire, so he can always be a Hero. Options are nice.

Now that Yarne has significantly better Hit than Gerome, who needs the more reliable support more? Virion!Severa @ Wyvern Lord or Gaius!Noire @ Sniper?

I keep hearing that the Nah x Brady supports are really bad. Are they like Nah x Inigo kill-it-with-fire bad or more like Frederick x Cordelia YMMV? Because the latter I don't really mind. I guess I'll see either way since I'm not going to do something unoptimal just for supports.

Edited by isetrh

There's a sticky topic with all the supports if you want to check any of them out (though do note that some of them come across completely differently in text only vs ingame, despite being exact copies).

I'd give the better Hit to Noire. Severa is so powerful that she often doesn't need the Dual Strikes at all and can just get by with guaranteed hits if she has Vengeance up and isn't hitting Pavise.

Okay thanks! I will give Yarne to Noire.

Edit: I keep thinking about the advice Ownagepuffs gave me regarding Laurent x Lucina. I came up with another setup to use that, switching some of my magic pairs up a bit.

FeMU x Ricken!Brady

Sumia!Lucina x Lon'qu!Laurent

Henry!Nah x Ricken!Brady!Morgan

My current setup:

FeMU x Ricken!Laurent

Sumia!Lucina x Ricken!Laurent!Morgan

Henry!Nah x Lon'qu!Brady

Which should I go with? If Nah is a bad use of Morgan, I can also switch that up.

Edited by isetrh

Alright i still didnt get Brady yet, but should he be Libra!Brady for Vengeance and one more magic, or Virion!brady for Luna and enough speed to double if i have All+2(which i might get).

Speaking of All+2, i have 8.75 eshop funds left, and i dont have the Aggressor, Rally Heart, and All+2 DLC. I dont know what good games i can get on the eshop, but should i get All+2 DLC?

Also, im actually wanting to do Brady x Nah because i do sort of like Nah, and her as an Axefaire hero is nice. Its either Brady x Nah and Kjelle x Yarne or Nah x Yarne(benched) and Brady x Kjelle.

I feel ya, I hate that pairing too, which is why I try to work around it. Far as I know, the best option if you hate that pairing is to make Nah Magical, since then she can go with any of the other galeboys, or if you have a physical-leaning FeMU, you can always opt for the adorable MorganxNah pairing.

Edited by Alastor15243

Ugh. I was really hoping that I could give Gaius!Noire@Sniper and Virion!Severa@Sniper all of the following:

1. 75 Speed;
  2. 100% Dual Strike;
  3. the following set: LB—GF—Vengeance—All +2—Filler; and
  4. 8 movement, using at most one pair of Boots (i.e., Severa runs Deliverer).

There is indeed a way to do it without resorting to MU or MU's children, but you have to use Laurent as an Assassin support, which is just terrible. Lon'qu!Gerome and Stahl!Gerome miss 100% DS with Severa by a single point, and you have to reserve Yarne for Noire.

Please tell me that I'm missing some beautiful combination here.

Edit: Frederick!Inigo@Assassin can do the job with Severa, but if you insist on giving him Galeforce+Luna, his damage output from the support slot is worse than even Lon'qu!Laurent's.

Edited by Zoran

Is there also an unspoken condition that magical units need to stay magical and Galeboys need to keep their Galeforce? Because otherwise you're forcing yourself to use Yarne and Gerome exclusively, and Gerome is a pretty bad +Skl support. If you use Inigo for Severa and Yarne for Noire, it'll work much better, though you'll have to drop most of Inigo's normal skillset.