Manaketes: the best possible scenario here would be to change your Asset to Str/Skl (-4 Spd) and go DF (+3 Spd)- you'd be in the same threshold bracket, but with a more useful Avatar and better other stats. If that's not an option, DF is probably still worth it.

Shoot, that's a really good point. I was so worried about having characters with bad speed that it didn't occur to me that it wasn't THAT dire. If I ever try another AvatarxNowi file, I'll do that.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, one of the problems with Avatar x Nowi are that Nowi's stats are a bother to come up with a good asset/flaw for. The standard +Spd/-Def can be used, but that leaves Morgan/Nah with no mods above 3... The best I've been able to do is +Skl/-Lck, as it allows the children to keep enough defenses intact that they can be an asset outside of Apo, while giving Avatar enough Skl to reasonably reach 100% DS with Sumia!Lucina (applying the same combo to Chrom!Cynthia with an S support was, in fact, what started my efforts to make that 100% DS team).

Agg goes on all males, standard sets are LB/GF/Agg/Proc/Faire and LB/Agg/Faire/All+2/+Hit skill. All+2 goes on hard supports who don't want two +Hit skills and female leads over the second proc if they have Vengeance as their primary (or over the Faire if they have a procstack but need the Spd/Skl boost for thresholds).

But not all my males had room for Aggressor(and All+2 if they needed 100%DS) and females that needed All+2 for 100%.

The units in question are Morgan, Inigo, Severa, and Brady. Morgan needs All+2, Inigo needs All+2 and Agg, Brady needs Agg, and Severa needs All+2. What should i take out? Inigo especially has tight space for these 2 skills.

Should i just ignore the 100% DS and keep the skills i have?

Edited by Waifu Severa

If you're requiring LB/Agg/All+2 on males, they'll have to make do with Proc/GF in their last two slots. If you want more skills than that, you'll have to eat a major drop in KOing power.

I dont want All+2 on all males, only Inigo and hard supports that have room for it. And you're saying i should take Bowfaire and Axefaire out from Morgan and Inigo? Wouldnt taking out their Armsthrifts be better because Axefaire Tomohawk&Brave Axe>All+2 Helswath and Brave Axe? Same goes with Inigo. Heck, even if i take AT off of Inigo, i will have to take out Bowfaire for Aggressor still...Dang nobody has room for 100%DS...

Probably. Morgan will want to drop AT, Inigo will have to drop AT and a Faire.

And a minor correction: nobody has room to tack on DS+. If you make it your primary and only goal, then it's quite achievable. It only becomes a problem when you want to take a normal pair and boost their DS to 100%. In my 100% DS team, nobody has any procs, and some of my leads lack Faires as well.

So I am stuck and I can't choose so here I am looking for some advice.

Chrom x Sumia

It is the only pairing I have planned out, as far as the run goes its lunatic classic planning on doing appo and last but not least I have a Male Myunit.

So I am stuck and I can't choose so here I am looking for some advice.

Chrom x Sumia

It is the only pairing I have planned out, as far as the run goes its lunatic classic planning on doing appo and last but not least I have a Male Myunit.

That's a good pairing. Here are the things you need to keep in mind. A good frontliner unit generally needs a reliable offensive proc (Luna/Ignis, or vengance if you know what you're doing, but it's not recommended for beginners) and galeforce. So the children who have a proc you want to give galeforce, and the children who have galeforce you want to give a proc. The children who have BOTH should just be given parents who have good mods but bad class sets.

So as follows:

Lucina: Has Luna (and aether), needs galeforce from either Sumia, Maribelle or Olivia.

Owain: Has galeforce, needs a proc (from somebody with decent magic mods, like Ricken or Libra)

Kjelle: Has Luna and Astra, needs Galeforce (from either Donnel or Gaius, since they pass down pegasus knight to their daughters. Donnel is recommended since Gaius passes down Astra as well, which Kjelle already has access to)

Cynthia: Has Luna and galeforce, give her a parent with good mods (Or something else awesome to offer, like Aether from Chrom like you did)

Laurent: Can never get galeforce, but he can VV if you give him a parent with Vantage, but again, that's advanced. Usually he's support.

Brady: has Luna and galeforce, give him a parent with good mods.

Yarne: Can never get galeforce, is stuck being hard support.

Severa: has galeforce and vengance, could probably use a father with Luna.

Nah: Can only get both galeforce and a good proc from the Avatar. Otherwise, she's hard support, can go physical or magical (but physical locks her with Inigo or a male Morgan, and I personally find Nah and Inigo's supports pretty unpleasant to watch, just a warning. Making her a magical support makes her more flexible with who she can be with.)

Noire: Has Luna, needs galeforce (see Kjelle)

Inigo: Has galeforce, needs a proc (From any appropriate proc-bearing father be he physical or magical. Inigo's mods make him one of the most flexible galeforce children in the game pretty much)

Gerome: Can never get galeforce, stuck hard support. Give him somebody with a positive strength mod and berserker access.

Edited by Alastor15243

Probably. Morgan will want to drop AT, Inigo will have to drop AT and a Faire.

And a minor correction: nobody has room to tack on DS+. If you make it your primary and only goal, then it's quite achievable. It only becomes a problem when you want to take a normal pair and boost their DS to 100%. In my 100% DS team, nobody has any procs, and some of my leads lack Faires as well.

Oh, so 100% DS isnt that important, and 98-99% DS is better than taking away faires and ATs in my case?

That's a good pairing. Here are the things you need to keep in mind. A good frontliner unit generally needs a reliable offensive proc (Luna/Ignis, or vengance if you know what you're doing, but it's not recommended for beginners) and galeforce. So the children who have a proc you want to give galeforce, and the children who have galeforce you want to give a proc. The children who have BOTH should just be given parents who have good mods but bad class sets.

So as follows:

Lucina: Has Luna (and aether), needs galeforce from either Sumia, Maribelle or Olivia.

Owain: Has galeforce, needs a proc (from somebody with decent magic mods, like Ricken or Libra)

Kjelle: Has Luna and Astra, needs Galeforce (from either Donnel or Gaius, since they pass down pegasus knight to their daughters. Donnel is recommended since Gaius passes down Astra as well, which Kjelle already has access to)

Cynthia: Has Luna and galeforce, give her a parent with good mods (Or something else awesome to offer, like Aether from Chrom like you did)

Laurent: Can never get galeforce, but he can VV if you give him a parent with Vantage, but again, that's advanced. Usually he's support.

Brady: has Luna and galeforce, give him a parent with good mods.

Yarne: Can never get galeforce, is stuck being hard support.

Severa: has galeforce and vengance, could probably use a father with Luna.

Nah: Can only get both galeforce and a good proc from the Avatar. Otherwise, she's hard support, can go physical or magical (but physical locks her with Inigo or a male Morgan, and I personally find Nah and Inigo's supports pretty unpleasant to watch, just a warning. Making her a magical support makes her more flexible with who she can be with.)

Noire: Has Luna, needs galeforce (see Kjelle)

Inigo: Has galeforce, needs a proc (From any appropriate proc-bearing father be he physical or magical. Inigo's mods make him one of the most flexible galeforce children in the game pretty much)

Gerome: Can never get galeforce, stuck hard support. Give him somebody with a positive strength mod and berserker access.

I was thinking I am going to do

donnell x Sully

Long qou x miriel

Vaike x Nowi

Freddy x Cherche

Stahl x cordellia

Gaius x Tharja

That is my plan thus far would love some feedback , also was thinking of putting MU with Aversa for shadow gift. As for the rest I have no idea whom to pair with whom.

Oh, so 100% DS isnt that important, and 98-99% DS is better than taking away faires and ATs in my case?

It's important, it just doesn't mesh well with other strats. Maybe go for it on one pair and leave the others as standard skirmishers?

Freddy x Cherche

Gerome doesn't get any physical Faires, which is unacceptable. Pair Cherche with Virion/Stahl/Vaike/Gregor/Henry for best results.

Skim starting from here and going back. This thread is over a year old and the metagame has changed significantly since then.

Basic cookie-cutter pairings:

Avatar-M x Lucina > Chrom!Cynthia > 2nd gen with Galeforce > Sumia/Cordelia/Aversa > Nowi > Lissa/Maribelle/Olivia > everyone else

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia
Lissa x Ricken/Libra/Henry
Sully x Donnel
Miriel x Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor
Sumia x Chrom/Henry
Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry
Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Kellam/Gregor/Henry
Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken
Nowi x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry
Tharja x Gaius
Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry
Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Gregor/Henry

Just came to ask some questions for my FeMU run on Hard mode.

These are my currently planned pairings:

Chrom x Olivia

Ricken x Lissa

Henry x Sumia

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Nowi

Stahl x Gerome

Looking for some feedback on these pairings and some help would be appreciated for the other children.

Also since my Morgan will be running with magic (+Mag / -Luck) some help would be appreciated on finding a good 2nd gen father. Doubling Anna would be nice but isn't really necessary.

Skim starting from here and going back. This thread is over a year old and the metagame has changed significantly since then.

Basic cookie-cutter pairings:

Avatar-M x Lucina > Chrom!Cynthia > 2nd gen with Galeforce > Sumia/Cordelia/Aversa > Nowi > Lissa/Maribelle/Olivia > everyone else

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Kellam/Gregor/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Gregor/Henry

So is Male MU to good to waste on aversa ? Or is it much better to marry him to any first gen or marry lucy ?

And thank you for the help!

So is Male MU to good to waste on aversa ? Or is it much better to marry him to any first gen or marry lucy ?

And thank you for the help!

Priority is pretty solid.

Lucina is, at almost all times, the best choice. [unless it's Sully or Maiden!Lucina]

Chrom!Cynthia follows, because she lacks DS+, is a specific unit, but does pass down Aether like Lucina.

Following that, 2nd Gens with galeforce are then ideal. [Lucina and Chrom!Cynthia meet this]

..now I'm not keen on why it's split the way it is up there.

The tier following is likely by all means, Gen 1s with Galeforce, since we want MU into a pair where his wife has Galeforce.

Gen 2 is better, but the idea remains.

Afterwards, Nowi. The only real use of "MaMU superior genetics". [No other case is really without solid base]

...Then after that it's Tharja, and lastly Sully. They can make some use of MaMU's "All Class" inheritance, but overall are less than spectacular, and waste MaMU's S-support.

Miriel, Cherche, and Panne are near the bottom.

Tiki, Flavia, and Anna ARE the bottom.

These last 6 have little-to-no benefits.

(Also: Nah, or any 2nd Gen without Galeforce can probably sit down with the bottom ones.)

Edited by Airship Canon

What's the tier list for FeMU husbands in your opinions?

Gen2 > Gen1

...FeMU has Galeforce.

FeMU can only have Lucina as a second child, and the benefit from FeMU!Lucina is actually pretty low. [it's on the level with Miriel/Cherche/Panne as while it has some merit, it's not that spectacular] ...(also Chrom!Morgan is the worst Morgan)

Gen 2 opens up more options [7:3] and has better mods available for Morgan.

Gen2 > Gen1

...FeMU has Galeforce.

FeMU can only have Lucina as a second child, and the benefit from FeMU!Lucina is actually pretty low. [it's on the level with Miriel/Cherche/Panne as while it has some merit, it's not that spectacular] ...(also Chrom!Morgan is the worst Morgan)

Gen 2 opens up more options [7:3] and has better mods available for Morgan.

You're exaggerating. There's no way Chrom!Morgan is the WORST Morgan.

Priority is pretty solid.

Lucina is, at almost all times, the best choice. [unless it's Sully or Maiden!Lucina]

Chrom!Cynthia follows, because she lacks DS+, is a specific unit, but does pass down Aether like Lucina.

Following that, 2nd Gens with galeforce are then ideal. [Lucina and Chrom!Cynthia meet this]

The tier following is likely by all means, Gen 1s with Galeforce, since we want MU into a pair where his wife has Galeforce.

Gen 2 is better, but the idea remains.

Afterwards, Nowi. The only real use of "MaMU superior genetics". [No other case is really without solid base]

...Then after that it's Tharja, and lastly Sully. They can make some use of MaMU's "All Class" inheritance, but overall are less than spectacular, and waste MaMU's S-support.

Miriel, Cherche, and Panne are near the bottom.

Tiki, Flavia, and Anna ARE the bottom.

These last 6 have little-to-no benefits.

(Also: Nah, or any 2nd Gen without Galeforce can probably sit down with the bottom ones.)

So nowi can most benefit from MU assuming I dont want to marry him to gen 2 since for some reason feels wrong to me.

You're exaggerating. There's no way Chrom!Morgan is the WORST Morgan.

Gains nothing notable stat or skillwise, can't marry Lucina.

...Yes, Chrom!Morgan is the worst.

So nowi can most benefit from MU assuming I dont want to marry him to gen 2 since for some reason feels wrong to me.

...It's not very solid. And foolish sentiment.

The reason I drew the distinction there is because the Pegs get good procs for leading, and the other three don't.

The benefit doesn't go to Nowi, it goes to Nah. And yes, she is the child that benefits most from Avatar's genes, though it gimps Avatar and Morgan in the process so isn't always worth it.

He's capable of reaching 100% pavgis, something no other 2nd-gen Morgan can do. And what's so great about marrying Lucina?

+Skl/-Def, No Barracks. LB/RK/Aegis/Pavise/All+2. Assassin.

48(base) +6(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +8(pairup) +10(RK) +2(All+2) +2(tonic) +5(Mystletainn) =101. So yes, 100% PavGis... At the cost of losing both Galeforce and a Brave. Not worth it in my book.

Lucina gives a free 100% Dual Strike to whoever she S ranks with, which is such a huge advantage in terms of reliability that her pair instantly becomes the team's MVP (assuming she's not Sully/Maiden!Lucina). Naturally, you want to put her with the best person to take advantage of that... Which is either Avatar-M (also gives Morgan great mods and Aether) or Morgan-M (slightly higher mods than Avatar and thus more threshold-breaking potential). She can go fine with several others, but those two are her best.