• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I was looking for confirmation that they're okay. I was a little unsure because RL seems to be regarded as somewhat of a noob/outdated build.

I think this team will be fun to play with, since it's pretty varied. I couldn't have made it without you, Czar. Thank you so much!

Ricken!Laurent has no obvious weaknesses (aside from missing VV, which isn't very major), but he's also got no obvious strengths (the highest non-Morgan 2nd gen Mag mod, by 1, which also isn't very major). He's not bad, just... Boring.

Well, I sometimes have him running a 155 crit build, but that takes up a tactician.

There's not much he can do besides VV and just being a hard magical support. It's one of the reasons I like small teams.

I see. I'll continue with what I have then. I think my units are pretty well set up to function as a small team if I want them to. I can drop everyone who isn't 100% DS and the only things that become less than ideal are Sumia!Lucina instead of Maribelle!Lucina and Libra!Owain instead of Henry!Owain.

By the way, I noticed that I messed up the Speed calculation and -Mag actually does stop Morgan from reaching 75 Speed. Whoops.

Thanks again for everything!

So I did some thinking and planning and looking for some feedback if I have not annoyed anyone by now.

Chrom x Sumia

Giaus x Tharja

MaMux Lucina/Aversa [ I still can't choose between the two or maybe I have missed someone I don't know.]

Stalh x Panne/Cordelia [ I might be missing someone here if so let me know]

Gregor x Not to sure who he would best suit

Longqu x Mirel [ I don't know if I am 100% on this I am maybe thinking cordelia or maybe someone else]

Vaike x Sully

Lissa x Libra

Oliva x Not to sure here either

Henry x Marribelle [ I was reading Henry can make anyone into a Str/Int unit whenever I feel like maybe better options]

For now this is what I have got going on as for kids I am no where near ready as I am still trying to figure out what skills I want on people and what classes I want overall when the grinding is done. Also side note if there a priority to which skills you want on kids or even parents ? For example which skills do people ussally run on a Sorc? Anywho thanks in advance for the response.

So I did some thinking and planning and looking for some feedback if I have not annoyed anyone by now.

Chrom x Sumia

Giaus x Tharja

MaMux Lucina/Aversa [ I still can't choose between the two or maybe I have missed someone I don't know.]

Longqu x Mirel [ I don't know if I am 100% on this I am maybe thinking cordelia or maybe someone else]

Vaike x Sully

Lissa x Libra

Henry x Marribelle [ I was reading Henry can make anyone into a Str/Int unit whenever I feel like maybe better options]

For now this is what I have got going on as for kids I am no where near ready as I am still trying to figure out what skills I want on people and what classes I want overall when the grinding is done. Also side note if there a priority to which skills you want on kids or even parents ? For example which skills do people ussally run on a Sorc? Anywho thanks in advance for the response.

If this is aiming for Apotheosis then Sorceror isn't a good class because its Skill, Speed and Magic caps are nowhere near as good as those of a Sage.

MaMU should go with Lucina because it means that all the children get married. Plus Shadowgift really isn't that good (imo).

Give Virion to Panne, Stahl to Cherche, Lon'qu to Cordelia and then Gregor to Miriel.

Give Frederick to Olivia if you want Inigo to be physical, or Ricken if you want him to be magical.

Well, I sometimes have him running a 155 crit build, but that takes up a tactician.

There's not much he can do besides VV and just being a hard magical support. It's one of the reasons I like small teams.

Hey Czar, not sure if you saw before, but I asked if no pair ups meant nobody was allowed to stand next to each other, or if adjacent dual strikes were allowed.

Chrom x Sumia

Giaus x Tharja

Vaike x Sully

Lissa x Libra

You'll want Donnel with Sully, because Donnel and Gaius are the only guys who can give daughters galeforce. GaiusxTharja and DonnelxSully are the recommended pairings.

Chrom x Sumia

Giaus x Tharja

Vaike x Sully

Lissa x Libra

You forgot Nowi.

Anyway, when making a pairings plan you should list each female and then all their potential husbands, not each male and their potential wives (you've got Stahl x Panne/Cordelia and Avatar x Lucina/Aversa there) because each female needs to be married, but each male doesn't. Your focus is on the optimal father for each child, not on the optimal child for each father.

Hey Czar, not sure if you saw before, but I asked if no pair ups meant nobody was allowed to stand next to each other, or if adjacent dual strikes were allowed.

Doesn't matter, they're both viable challenges. I was thinking no adjacent combat, though.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

You forgot Nowi.

Anyway, when making a pairings plan you should list each female and then all their potential husbands, not each male and their potential wives (you've got Stahl x Panne/Cordelia and Avatar x Lucina/Aversa there) because each female needs to be married, but each male doesn't. Your focus is on the optimal father for each child, not on the optimal child for each father.

Doesn't matter, they're both viable challenges. I was thinking no adjacent combat, though.

So I am going about it all wrong then dam it. On that note which child needs like NEEDS a skill passed down from their fathers? I am guessing GF if female and if not idk, but if male I am guessing astra , faires , and Arms Thrift?

So I am going about it all wrong then dam it. On that note which child needs like NEEDS a skill passed down from their fathers? I am guessing GF if female and if not idk, but if male I am guessing astra , faires , and Arms Thrift?

I think this question is simple enough that I can answer it as well as one of the experts would, so I'm going to go ahead.

Astra can be useful if you need a second proc, but I wouldn't prioritize it, especially on guys. AT is for convenience if you're using really rare weapons.

Lucina wants Galeforce.

Owain wants Luna or Vengeance.

Kjelle wants Galeforce.

Laurent wants Vantage if you're having him do VV, but is fine otherwise.

Cynthia gets what she needs from her mom. She doesn't give you a lot of choice anyway, Chrom or Henry.

Brady gets what he needs from his mom. Vengeance is just a bonus, and only if you prefer it to Luna.

Yarne gets what he needa from his mom. Hit +20 or a class+Faire other than Axefaire Berserker if you'd prefer are bonuses.

Severa would like a Faire for whatever class she is going to be. She also needs the class of course.

Nah is more complicated than a single skill, but definitely salvageable.

Noire wants Galeforce.

Inigo wants Luna or Vengeance. Also Tomefaire if he's going to be Magic.

Gerome wants Axefaire or Bowfaire.

Edited by isetrh

I think this question is simple enough that I can answer it as well as one of the experts would, so I'm going to go ahead.

Astra can be useful if you need a second proc, but I wouldn't prioritize it, especially on guys. AT is for convenience if you're using really rare weapons.

Lucina wants Galeforce.

Owain wants Luna or Vengeance.

Kjelle wants Galeforce.

Laurent wants Vantage if you're having him do VV, but is fine otherwise.

Cynthia gets what she needs from her mom. She doesn't give you a lot of choice anyway, Chrom or Henry.

Brady gets what he needs from his mom. Vengeance is just a bonus, and only if you prefer it to Luna.

Yarne gets what he needa from his mom. Hit +20 or a class+Faire other than Axefaire Berserker if you'd prefer are bonuses.

Severa would like a Faire for whatever class she is going to be. She also needs the class of course.

Nah is more complicated than a single skill, but definitely salvageable.

Noire wants Galeforce.

Inigo wants Luna or Vengeance. Also Tomefaire if he's going to be Magic.

Gerome wants Axefaire or Bowfaire.

Taking all that in I can then assume each person has there own "best class" if you will and I tried to find it but google did not lead me to it. Is there "x" person should be "x" class or is it just up to me ?

There are common classes to do, but they're not at all the only good ones.

I'm starting to get out of my league with explaining why the classes are good (I haven't actually beaten Apo yet) but I can assure you that they are common for good reason.

Magic girls with Peg Knight typically do Dark Flier because it has great Movement and pair-up bonuses with good Magic. These are

-Magic FeMU

-Magic FeMorgan

-Chrom's wife (alternatively a Dancer or Assassin if Olivia)

-Lucina (can also be physical if her mom is Olivia or Sumia)

-Cynthia

Magic boys typically do Sage because it has great Magic and good Skill. These are

-Magic MaMU

-Magic MaMorgan

-Owain

-Laurent

-Brady

-Libra/Ricken!Inigo (other Inigos are physical)

Physical kids have several options depending on their faires and class sets. I'll list the classes and their merits instead of listing characters.

Male

-Berserker: A favorite of Yarne and Gerome since the class's low Skill is less of a big deal in the back. Tied with Generals for best Strength. Also a niche class for physical Galeboys due to high Speed and Strength, but its low Skill hurts their chances of activating non-Vengeance procs. Great pair-up bonuses.

-Warrior: Similar to Berserkers, with higher Skill and Bow access at the cost of somewhat less amazing pair-up bonuses.

Female

-Wyvern Lord: Not female exclusive, but guys would rather use Berserker, so only girls use it well. High Strength and 8 Movement flying. The usual Wyvern Lord is Lon'qu! or Virion!Severa. She's so fast that despite the class's low Speed, with a Berserker support and All Stats +2 (both of which she wants), she actually hits 75 Speed, the amount needed to double any enemy in the game!

-Bride: A physical class that gives a Magic pair-up boost. Great if you find you have a physical girl married to a Magic boy. Bow access is nice.

Neutral

-Paladin: Great Movement and pair-up bonuses. Swordfaire>Lancefaire, but either is fine.

-Hero: Overall good stats, especially Skill. Pair-up bonus can benefit a Magical or Physical unit.

-Assassin: Slightly lower Strength than Heroes, but slightly better Skill and Speed. Both are tied for the best in the game actually.The king of pair-up bonuses, and useful in 100% DS strategies.

-Sniper: Longbow/Double Bow access is amazing. Especially amazing if you can reach 75 Speed. Tied with Assassins for highest Skill and use in getting 100% DS.

-Bow Knight: Mounted Bow users with a Hero's pair-up bonuses but better because +1 Mov. Useful, but only use it if you know why you're using it instead of some other class. Having said that, it's Chrom's go-to class when his wife is a Dark Flier.

Nah is usually a Valkyrie if she gets Henry, her best dad. Henry is in high demand though, so she often gets Vaike instead. With Vaike or another dad who gives Mercenary she often goes Hero, because she will most likely be marrying a Magic boy since there aren't that many Physical ones. I haven't seen it mentioned so this is my own conjecture, but Bride could be good too if she has Bowfaire. Nah must be married to a Galeboy if you are using her. Can be Morgan, Owain, Brady, or Inigo, but has to have Galeforce. Alternatively it is common to bench Nah to focus on other kids and leave more room for Staffbots. Benching one girl means benching one boy, and the most common boy to bench with her is Gerome.

Classes to avoid (unless you like them):

-Trickster (bad Strength)

-Great Knight (worst Skill and bad Speed with little to show for it)

-Taguel (no Brave weapons or two-range)

-Manakete (better than Taguels, but still no Braves and their high Defenses aren't that useful in Apo)

-Villager (gee, I wonder)

Whew. I should have just turned my computer on instead of typing it all on my phone.

Edited by isetrh

Is it just me, or does Inigo kinda... suck?

I mean his mother has the worst mod total of any unit in the entire game, with a net modifier of ZERO, while the average is 2.

Plus he's in the awkward situation of being the best physical fighter of the galeboys for no other reason that he's the only one who doesn't have a negative strength mod (ignoring Morgan). I compared my Chrom!Inigo to Vaike!Severa and he's inferior to her in pretty much every single category. He has no stats that are anything special. He seems to me to be the worst of the galeboys. Am I mistaken?

Magic girls with Peg Knight typically do Dark Flier because it has great Movement and pair-up bonuses with good Magic. These are

-Lucina (can also be physical if her mom is Olivia)

Or Sumia. Especially when considering that Sumia gives Lucy some pretty good flexibility.

I just want to know, why do people use Berserkers over Heros/Assassins? Sure, they may not have Swordfaire, but lets say it to someone like Gerome. He has access to Hero and Berserker, so why do people make him a Berserker instead of a Hero? That higher skill can really help with DS rates, proc rates, and hit chance.

Heck, i'd probably still use Frederick!Yarne as an Assassin even though he doesnt get Swordfaire/Bowfaire.

I just want to know, why do people use Berserkers over Heros/Assassins? Sure, they may not have Swordfaire, but lets say it to someone like Gerome. He has access to Hero and Berserker, so why do people make him a Berserker instead of a Hero? That higher skill can really help with DS rates, proc rates, and hit chance.

Probably because of higher strength both boosts-wise and class-wise (class strength is made even higher by Axefaire), the fact that he wouldn't have any way to preserve a weapon such as Mystletainn without DLC as the son of someone who doesn't have Merc, or both.

Probably because of higher strength both boosts-wise and class-wise (class strength is made even higher by Axefaire), the fact that he wouldn't have any way to preserve a weapon such as Mystletainn without DLC as the son of someone who doesn't have Merc, or both.

Sure, the pair loses the +10 strength bonus from pair up and 8 from going from Berserker to Hero, but most of the time that much strength doesnt matter. You can still ORKO mostly every enemy if the lead has a proc like Luna, because it will activate most of the time with that high skill. And Gerome still has a ton of strength as an Axefaire Hero, so he will be doing a lot of damage. And if you count Aggressor in, then they will be ORKOing a lot of things.

Edited by Waifu Severa

Sure, the pair loses the +10 strength bonus from pair up and 8 from going from Berserker to Hero, but most of the time that much strength doesnt matter. You can still ORKO mostly every enemy if the lead has a proc like Luna, because it will activate most of the time with that high skill. And Gerome still has a ton of strength as an Axefaire Hero, so he will be doing a lot of damage. And if you count Aggressor in, then they will be ORKOing a lot of things.

I'm just listing a possible factor. I don't know how accurate it would be, though.

Okay, I'm going to use a +Hp -Lck OR +Def -Lck M!Avatar in Lunatic and need a wife for him. I'm deciding between Olivia and Cordelia. Both are great, I prefer the avatar to have two daughters, but I love Olivia and Inigo more than I like Cordy/Severa.

I do care about mods and I like Cordy's hair on Morgan better than Olivia's.

Basically should I got for a wife and son I like more, or a stronger wife and more likeable hair for Morgan.

I guess Cherche is also viable as her mods work well and I love Cherche and Morgan's pink hair (I also adore Gerome!)

Okay, I'm going to use a +Hp -Lck OR +Def -Lck M!Avatar in Lunatic and need a wife for him. I'm deciding between Olivia and Cordelia. Both are great, I prefer the avatar to have two daughters, but I love Olivia and Inigo more than I like Cordy/Severa.

I do care about mods and I like Cordy's hair on Morgan better than Olivia's.

Basically should I got for a wife and son I like more, or a stronger wife and more likeable hair for Morgan.

I guess Cherche is also viable as her mods work well and I love Cherche and Morgan's pink hair (I also adore Gerome!)

Cordelia definitely has superior stats (Olivia has the worst stat mods in the game in terms of sheer numbers) and also, unless you're dance abusing, can get your daughters galeforce sooner. Cordelia also has superior defense, which is what your avatar's asset is, and if you don't want that diluted, that's something to consider.

Cordelia definitely has superior stats (Olivia has the worst stat mods in the game in terms of sheer numbers) and also, unless you're dance abusing, can get your daughters galeforce sooner. Cordelia also has superior defense, which is what your avatar's asset is, and if you don't want that diluted, that's something to consider.

Okay, thank you! Now I just need to pick a cute hair color for Severa. Heehee

I'm going to pick the hair closest to Chrom's, heehee.

Edited by LetheTheRaptor