Stahl was exclusive on Severa during that meta. [Part of why that was... focused]

I was just talking about Luna as a reason for Stahl!Gerome. I get why he's Gerome's best dad for the other reasons though.

I remember seeing a lot of those pairings on Gamefaqs and wondering why half of them are actually good. Especially Frederick!Gerome, never understood it. Such a relief to come here and see pairings that make sense, instead of "Luna good. Class overlap bad."

What I also saw a lot was people saying that Donnel was a terrible father because of his mods and class selection. I understand the mods, but I'm not sure how Peg Knight, Troubador, and Merc is a terrible class set... They would recommend Vaike, because "tanks don't need Galeforce" ._.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that was way back when the game first came out, when people looked at big mods with starry eyes and pretty much nothing else. If I remember right, at one point people thought faires were garbage as well.

I also believe the reason for Kellam!Yarne and Fred!Gerome was more that people viewed being locked to hard support as a horribly bad thing, and it was probably more for DG+ than luna. Basically Gerome and Kellam were considered garbage and so they were given very low priority fathers. I think the only other use people had for Fred was Inigo, and this was when Chrom!Inigo was all the rage. All of this is from memory though and I was never really involved in the community so I could be horribly wrong.

I believe that was way back when the game first came out, when people looked at big mods with starry eyes and pretty much nothing else. If I remember right, at one point people thought faires were garbage as well.

...Mechanics were vague and not everything was understood. There's a reason why the pre-release meta/immediate launch meta was referred to as "the Dark Ages".

...I don't recall a point where faires were ignored, outside of the "OFFENSEDOESNTMATTER" folk that popped up, but they weren't too common.

I was just talking about Luna as a reason for Stahl!Gerome. I get why he's Gerome's best dad for the other reasons though.

I remember seeing a lot of those pairings on Gamefaqs and wondering why half of them are actually good. Especially Frederick!Gerome, never understood it. Such a relief to come here and see pairings that make sense, instead of "Luna good. Class overlap bad."

What I also saw a lot was people saying that Donnel was a terrible father because of his mods and class selection. I understand the mods, but I'm not sure how Peg Knight, Troubador, and Merc is a terrible class set... They would recommend Vaike, because "tanks don't need Galeforce" ._.

Misha_Heart is basically the last of the Neo Dark Ages ones. ...but is very Neo Dark Ages [...Misha said Galeforce replaces Dancer today. -__-']

...The Donnel sucks as a father/Tanks don't need Galeforce ...is SazukeEX. He's a moron. Not much else to say. He never backs anything with anything.

He got a little popular by spouting nonsense to sheep. [but is more known for being a moron who doesn't back his words.]

Unrelated, but relevant: ...the No DLC+No Rally Apoth run... the main game portion is over. ..but... grinding. |:( *Kicks Knoll down the stairs* :KnollRoll:

[Also: getting to unleash Counter/Aggression on a poor Anime Con tomorrow... yay.]

Edited by Airship Canon

[...Misha said Galeforce replaces Dancer today. -__-']

Wat.

I don't know why this one gets to me more than crap like Vaike!Kjelle. I just... I want to rationalize it or explain what he/she means, but I can't.

I'm doing 6/4 with FeMU, benching Nah x Laurent. I figured out a way to give my Severa x Gerome pairing 100% DS. It seems weird though. I wonder if Severa would be better off doing Wyvern Lord.

Lon'qu!Severa @ Assassin

LB/GF/SF/Vengeance/Deliverer

Virion!Gerome @ Sniper

LB/Agg/BF/AS+2/Skill+2

Seems like they are outclassed by my other two 100% DS Sniper x Assassin pairings, +Skill -Def FeMU x Gregor!Yarne and Gaius!Noire x Morgan. Those can take advantage of Longbows due to the Sniper being in front.

So what I'm wondering is if it's even worth it to make this pair 100% DS, or if it's better to let Severa fill her own niche as a Wyvern Lord. Vaike is free for Berserker Gerome.

Planned pairings besides Severa x Gerome

FeMU @ Sniper x Gregor!Yarne @ Assassin

Gaius!Noire @ Sniper x Gregor!Yarne!Morgan @ Assassin

Donnel!Kjelle @ Paladin x Stahl!Inigo @ Warrior

Sumia @ Dark Flier x Chrom @ Bow Knight

Sumia!Lucina @ Dark Flier x Henry!Brady @ Sage

Chrom!Cynthia @ Dark Flier x Libra!Owain @ Sage

(lowest priority for fathers) Vaike!Nah @ Manakete x Ricken!Laurent @ Dark Knight

Free fathers: Frederick, Kellam

Edited by isetrh

Who are you using Stahl for? If you went with Virion!Severa and Stahl!Gerome you could have Severa as a sniper with Gerome as an assassin in the back. Their skl totals are 2 lower collectively but you might still be able to get 100% DS with it, I'm not able to check at the moment.

Thought of that. 159 Skill. Yep. Thanks though.

Wyvern Lord x Berserker is seeming like a good option just because they have a different role that way instead of being outclassed.

Edited by isetrh

If you reeeaaaallly want those last few points of skl, you could bench Gerome for Laurent and do Assassin LQ!Laurent. Miriel has 2 more skl than Cherche. You'd lose out on a lot of power since LQ!Laurent has a -1 str mod but... hey, it's there I guess. I wouldn't do it, personally, nothing wrong with Wyvern Lord x Berserker after all. Would you end up running LQ!Severa x Vaike!Gerome if you go with that?

I thought Gerome and Yarne not needing procs was one of the reasons the "GF/L/DG+ on everything" metagame fell out of favor? Stahl!Gerome does sound good though. I'm guessing he would be a Bowfaire Warrior?

Yes but I meant that procs are simply another bonus as opposed to the whole package. Freddy!Gerome has Luna... The end. Stahl!Gerome has the exact same mods as Freddy!Gerome along with Astra/Luna, higher accuracy, 2 faires, and zero class overlap over Freddy!Gerome. Never have I seen a pairing so thoroughly outclassed by an alternative.

Back on topic, it just hit me that Freddy!Inigo can do Axefaire Wyvern and is tied with Virion!Inigo for 2nd highest Skl Inigo to offset Wyvern's low Skl cap. Interesting, I grow to like the pairing more and more with each passing day.

@ Airship: Misha is under the assumption that everyone is at full LB power and everyone ORKOs Apo enemies when pairings are discussed. I honestly don't know if he's trolling or clueless.

Do Wyvern Lord Severa x Berserker pairs have hit issues? I'm starting to wonder if Henry!Gerome would be a better option than Vaike!Gerome for Severa's husband. 4 less Strength with mods, but 10 or 15 Hit from either Anathema or Hex. Brady would have to take Ricken instead of Henry though.

Need some opinions. Donnel!Kjelle has a ton of options and I'm not quite sure what I want to do. I was planning on marrying her to Stahl!Gerome, who will likely be a Bowfaire Warrior. I only have two male children that happen to be physical(not counting Laurent who can go either way), so it's basically him or Yarne and I'm giving Yarne to Severa. From what I'm reading, the main use of Lancefaire Paladin isn't so much that it's a great class on its own as it is that it gives excellent pair up bonuses. Obviously, since i'm not going to be leading with Gerome, those bonuses seem like they would kinda go to waste.

Since she's going to be a physical unit, these are the options that are particularly interesting to me: Swordfaire Hero, Swordfaire Assassin, and Lancefaire Wyvern Lord

I'm thinking Swordfaire Assassin. Gerome will give her a lot of str just from the pair up bonuses, and since Warrior doesn't give any speed or skill, the fact that those are two stats that Assassin excels in will mean a lot more.

Gerome has other options as well(as he has access to a ton of physical classes), I'm just not sure which combination between the two would give me the best results.

Do Wyvern Lord Severa x Berserker pairs have hit issues? I'm starting to wonder if Henry!Gerome would be a better option than Vaike!Gerome for Severa's husband. 4 less Strength with mods, but 10 or 15 Hit from either Anathema or Hex. Brady would have to take Ricken instead of Henry though.

I would say Henry would be better. You lose out on a little power but hex and anathema give you some pretty good accuracy, and some extra crit. They also affect both your lead and support units, so that's an extra little bonus. You're still gonna be doing a ton of damage regardless of which father you go with.

Hey, are there any good fathers for Owain besides Ricken and Libra? I'm trying to weigh my options for my Justice Cabal playthrough (Just Lucina, Owain, MaMorgan, Cynthia, and their parents) and I recognize that Ricken is really bad on difficulties above easy without grinding. Kellam's the only Luna dad besides Ricken who doesn't lower magic, but he has that hefty speed penalty I'd rather do without...

Also, how tricky is Vengance to use? I've never used it on a non-nostank.

I would say Henry would be better. You lose out on a little power but hex and anathema give you some pretty good accuracy, and some extra crit. They also affect both your lead and support units, so that's an extra little bonus. You're still gonna be doing a ton of damage regardless of which father you go with.

Right, I would do it for sure if it were just the Strength drop. The problem is that Brady would have to take Ricken instead of Henry.

I like having 8 Mov on characters, but sadly i forgot to get the second pair of boots from chapter 17. 3 of my pairs have 6 Mov only. There are a couple of options i can do. They are Hero Morgan x Inigo, Hero Severa x Mu, Sniper Noire x Gerome

1. Give Severa boots, take Morgan's Luna and replace it with Deliverer(her set is GF, AxeFaire, Ignis, Luna, LB), and add Deliverer on Gerome even though hes support.

2. Give Morgan boots, take Severa's AT/Swordfaire out for Deliverer(Her set is Swordfaire, GF, Vengeance, LB, AT) although if i take out AT, this means she cant use Ragnell, and add Deliverer on Gerome

3. Give Noire boots, take Severa's AT/Swordfaire out, and take Morgan's Luna out for Deliverer

Edited by Waifu Severa

Well you could always do Ricken!Owain and LIbra!Brady if you want Vengeance on Brady. Ricken!Brady has some pretty nice mods though, you wouldn't be missing too much switching from Henry.

Thanks for the advice. I think I might as well have Brady be the one who has Luna since he has 2 higher proc rate for it.

Now I'm not sure if Sumia!Lucina should marry Libra!Owain or Ricken!Brady. Who do you think would take better advantage of 100% DS?

Owain has lower skl, so it would be harder for him to get 100% DS elsewhere. On the other hand Brady will be hitting harder, especially with Ricken as his father. I would say it's just a matter of how you want the power of your team to be spread out. With brady you would have more power in a vacuum, but Owain probably benefits more from Lucina overall.

Woah, fast response! After I took three hours. I will do that, thanks! It's not like it's a huge loss for Brady anyway since he gets Cynthia.

It no longer feels like Severa and Gerome are getting the short end of the stick compared to the rest of my team. I think I'm done figuring out my team. Of course, I thought that the last five times too. Thanks for helping me out, Diabeasty!

Hey, as I mentioned before, I'm currently doing a "Justice Cabal (and family)" run of the game on hard mode without grinding, using only The Justice Cabal (Owain, Cynthia, Morgan and their reluctant leader Lucina) and their parents.

I'm doing Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan as an assassin with his wife Chrom!Cynthia as a sniper, and pairing Sumia!Lucina as a dark flier with Owain as a dark knight.

And I'm currently trying to work out Owain's father. I'm debating between Libra and Henry because Ricken sucks royally without grinding on any difficulty other than normal. It'll be my first time using vengance on a non-nostank, but Owain having innate wrath I feel will make it interesting enough for me to give it a chance, especially since it's just one character.

So basically, the debate is, once again, between Libra and Henry. Libra comes at a higher level and sooner, and probably isn't needed for any other children if I decide to keep using this file after I beat the game, but Henry probably has better mods for a mageknight and can also probably pass down vengance faster than Libra can, and without using a (possibly preciously rare) second seal.

Advice?

Edited by Alastor15243

Ughhh, welp, ohh, well, for that debate, Libra. Usually I pair Henry w/ Maribelle, so that's my thing. But, Libra is my go-to in this case, if that helps.

For pairings in general for a 'justice cabal' run do this:

ChromxOlivia

Lon'qu!YarnexMU

FrederickxSumia

Stahl/Gregor/LibraxLissa

At least, that's what I'd do. I'll have to try this run myself. Looks like fun if you ask me. But this setup maxes your options and results in killer kids, but it looks like you started, so I'll do it myself and I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

For pairings in general for a 'justice cabal' run do this:

ChromxOlivia

Lon'qu!YarnexMU

FrederickxSumia

Stahl/Gregor/LibraxLissa

At least, that's what I'd do. I'll have to try this run myself. Looks like fun if you ask me. But this setup maxes your options and results in killer kids, but it looks like you started, so I'll do it myself and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for the advice, but ChromxSumia is definitely the way to go here for me. It gives me half of the four kids with one pairing, and therefore makes it more plausible to do a third-generation morgan. Plus, it means that Cynthia gets the awesome Aether skill.

Also, Stahl's mediocre for Owain because of mod conflict, and Gregor has both mod conflict and no proc to offer.