Need some opinions. Donnel!Kjelle has a ton of options and I'm not quite sure what I want to do. I was planning on marrying her to Stahl!Gerome, who will likely be a Bowfaire Warrior. I only have two male children that happen to be physical(not counting Laurent who can go either way), so it's basically him or Yarne and I'm giving Yarne to Severa. From what I'm reading, the main use of Lancefaire Paladin isn't so much that it's a great class on its own as it is that it gives excellent pair up bonuses. Obviously, since i'm not going to be leading with Gerome, those bonuses seem like they would kinda go to waste.

Since she's going to be a physical unit, these are the options that are particularly interesting to me: Swordfaire Hero, Swordfaire Assassin, and Lancefaire Wyvern Lord

I'm thinking Swordfaire Assassin. Gerome will give her a lot of str just from the pair up bonuses, and since Warrior doesn't give any speed or skill, the fact that those are two stats that Assassin excels in will mean a lot more.

Gerome has other options as well(as he has access to a ton of physical classes), I'm just not sure which combination between the two would give me the best results.

Just want to make sure I get a little insight on this from some other people.

Also, I just got Donnel and am about to start chapter 5. Sumia's level 10 and I have a master seal. Should I seal her right away and try to get galeforce before Lucina joins?

Sure, why not? If you got Sumia to have Galeforce right away you could recruit Cynthia immediately and have 3 units with the skill before you even set foot on Valm.

Edited by Diabeasty

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the restriction of using Grade 8 Students* only .....

Endgame** x Lissa

Sumia x anyone

(/me esc

* "Grade 8 Students" comes from a JP Internet word "Grade 8 Syndrome" which means a teenager's imagination and behavior are too much heroic and self-conscious.

** Endgame is a specific MU who is considered as Lissa's Canon husband, in GameFAQs, LOL. (/me esc

Edited by MelonGx

Hi folks. I'm back.

Is it just me, or does Inigo kinda... suck?

I mean his mother has the worst mod total of any unit in the entire game, with a net modifier of ZERO, while the average is 2.

Plus he's in the awkward situation of being the best physical fighter of the galeboys for no other reason that he's the only one who doesn't have a negative strength mod (ignoring Morgan). I compared my Chrom!Inigo to Vaike!Severa and he's inferior to her in pretty much every single category. He has no stats that are anything special. He seems to me to be the worst of the galeboys. Am I mistaken?

Inigo is another of those funny cases (like Nah) where something that looks bad on paper actually works really well. In his case, he's good because his broad base class set (including two natural Faires and several good ending classes) and neutral Str/Mag mods allow him to turn into practically anything based on who his dad is. On his own, he tends to get outshown in various roles, but when actually trying to make a team he's a universal filler unit who's not so important that he shouldn't be used plugging holes (see Avatar/Morgan).

Btw Czar, remember when i said about Morgan and Inigo's 100%DS build? Another way i can do it is have Morgan as a Sniper and Inigo as an Assassin/Sni[er, although this time only one of them needs All+2, which will be Morgan most likley. She does lose her swag as an Axefaire Helswath Hero though. Do you think i should do this?

I'd keep the Hero. Weapon type diversity on high Skl based teams is very nice.

Woah, that's amazing that you were actually able to do it. Is there any challenge run you haven't done?

Awakening doesn't really have a hard cap on challenge run potential- pretty much anything you can think up can be a challenge run. AC has certainly done a lot of them, and is responsible for doing most of the toughest ones that have been done, but nobody can really claim to have done "all" of them because there will always be new stunts that creative people can think up to do. That's kind of why I'm still playing the game.

Just want to make sure I get a little insight on this from some other people.

Paladin is also useful as a lead class in that it has no weak points. Of the physical 8 Mov classes (Wyvern, Falco, BK, Paladin) it's also the closest to having balanced Str and Spd/Skl (do note, Donnel!Kjelle does have all four if you think you need more/can get away with less Spd), which can be nice. So I wouldn't discount Paladin as a lead class just because it can't give it's bonuses.

Do consider using Swordfaire over Lancefaire, though. Apo is mainly Axes and Lances, there aren't many Swords there and Swords and Lances have the same Atk after Weapon Rank Boost.

By the restriction of using Grade 8 Students* only .....
Endgame** x Lissa
Sumia x anyone
(/me esc

* "Grade 8 Students" comes from a JP Internet word "Grade 8 Syndrome" which means a teenager's imagination and behavior are too much heroic and self-conscious.

** Endgame is a specific MU who is considered as Lissa's Canon husband, in GameFAQs, LOL. (/me esc

...?

You lost me.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Glad to see you back! Could you give me advice on a couple pairs? Diabeasty already helped me out a lot, but I'm still hesitant and would like a second opinion.

Henry!Brady and Vaike!Gerome

or

Ricken!Brady and Henry!Gerome

Gerome is going to be a Berserker married to Severa @ Wyvern Lord. With Henry, he gets Hex and Anathema to improve both his own and Severa's hit rate. Dropping Strength +2 for Hex/Anathema and with the lower Strength mod, he has 4 less Strength. Dropping All +2 so he can have both Hex and Anathema, he would have 6 less Strength than Vaike!Gerome. Henry!Gerome is probably still better, but the decrease is something to consider.

Brady (married to Chrom!Cynthia) has to replace Vengeance with Luna if his dad is Ricken instead of Henry. Not sure how significant this is.

Thanks!

Just did the calculations, not sure why I didn't before. Vaike!Gerome has 218.5 Hit with a +25 Hit forged Brave Axe and AS+2. If he took Henry he would hit 220 exactly before either of Hex/Anathema. Is 220 a benchmark, or just an approximate number?

Edited by isetrh

Question regarding sniper Gaius!Noire. How exactly does vengeance work out on a sniper? If I'm using bows to safely eliminate targets before running away (which is what I would assume a sniper would do, I haven't dabbled with the class very much) would it be a better idea to just have luna/astra? Would I be better off hitting something from 2 range with a brave bow that will be able to damage me back in order to use vengeance to ensure it dies?

Just did the calculations, not sure why I didn't before. Vaike!Gerome has 218.5 Hit with a +25 Hit forged Brave Axe and AS+2. If he took Henry he would hit 220 exactly before either of Hex/Anathema. Is 220 a benchmark, or just an approximate number?

It's not a true threshold unless you have 100% DS because whiffing a DS is pretty much the same as missing both hits so increasing your Hit only helps with reliability up to a point, but 220 is the amount you need to have 100% listed on all non-boss mooks in Apo (NS, Invincisorc, Thronie and Anna need more Hit) and is the target to aim for for non-boss fighting pairs (as a disclaimer, there might be a 110+ Avo enemy who spawns on a staircase I don't know about, but that's not a big deal).

Question regarding sniper Gaius!Noire. How exactly does vengeance work out on a sniper? If I'm using bows to safely eliminate targets before running away (which is what I would assume a sniper would do, I haven't dabbled with the class very much) would it be a better idea to just have luna/astra? Would I be better off hitting something from 2 range with a brave bow that will be able to damage me back in order to use vengeance to ensure it dies?

It's harder to set up (you'll have to take a deliberate EP to do it) but very rewarding because Snipers tend to take less damage, and thus need to heal less.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Basically a pair that you've specifically left at high enough HP so they can survive an attack from the boss. Sometimes, if you don't have a dedicated unit for killing the boss, it's possible to have all your galepairs kill something under the assumption that they'll mob the boss once the mooks are gone, but then everyone takes damage and you don't have anyone bulky enough to take a hit from the boss. There are usually ways out if this happens, but it's annoying at best.

These pairs don't always have to be designated when building your team, but it's sometimes helpful if you do, because then you have an idea of who to keep safe during your rush ahead of time (high Hit and Spd are generally what you want, Vengeance helps too). Having a designated pair generally becomes more important on challenge runs, where you would make them a dodgetank rather than an offensive powerhouse for pulling Anna/NS (Severa is generally great for this, Morgan is good too).

Alright, I'd just like to get just a little more feedback on my team as a whole before I tie any more knots. I just married Gerome to Kjelle, so that one is set in stone.

May as well get the boring stuff out of the way first.

Chrom@Bow Knight x Sumia@Dark Flier

(+Skl/-Def)Robin@Sage X Sumia!Lucina@Dark Flier

I'm not too sure about these three. I think Owain x Cynthia makes sense here, however I'm mostly not too sure about the last two pairings. I feel like I potentially might get a little more mileage by switching them around.

- Libra!Owain@Sage x Chrom!Cynthia@Dark Flier

- Ricken!Inigo@Sage x Lucina!Morgan@Dark Flier

- Lon'Qu!Brady@Sage x Henry!Nah@Valkyrie

I'm using assassin for now. Kjelle has so many options that I can switch around easily if I find something else might work better.

- Donny!Kjelle@Assassin x Stahl!Gerome@Warrior

Not much to say here. I'm liking the Severa though. (aside from her hair color... ugh...)

- Vaike!Severa@Hero x Virion!Yarne@Berserker

I'm going with a physical Laurent entirely because I want to take advantage of Noire's Bowfaire. Also because Gregor!Laurent's physical options aren't too shabby, really.

- Gaius!Noire@Sniper x Gregor!Laurent@Assassin

I'll have to do skillsets and such after I finalize everything, but that's the easy part.

I don't know if I've said it or not, but I really want to thank everyone who has given me advice on my team. I have a lot of fun doing things like this, and getting input from other people just makes it even better.

Hey Czar, great to have you back! Did you see the stuff about my Justice Cabal playthrough? I'm playing fire emblem awakening on hard with no grinding using only the justice cabal, their reluctant leader Lucina, and their family. My established members are:

Sumia!Lucina (paired up with Owain)

Chrom!Cynthia (Paired up with Morgan)

Lon'Qu!Yarne!Morgan (paired up with Cynthia, as said)

Last but not least, I obviously need Owain. But since Ricken's right out due to how utterly difficult he is to use on any difficulty other than easy, I'm planning on trying out a vengance user this time around, especially since I can also use this opportunity to have some fun with wrath.

My current choices are Libra and Henry. Actually my main choice is Henry, since he has better mods for a dark knight (and maybe eventually dread fighter after the playthrough's done) Owain, and he can also get vengance faster than Libra and without using up a second seal, and those are going to be in short supply since I won't be getting any of the children whose paralogues unlock purchasable second seals, meaning I'm stuck with the supply I can scrounge up until chapter 16. ...Plus, I saw Emilia's Fire Emblem Scribble where she showed Henry as her Owain's father ("HAND... HUNGERS!" "Good boy!") And I thought that was awesome.

The problem is that, should I decide to continue using this file after the playthrough is over, Henry is apparently quite valuable elsewhere. I'd also want a magical dad for Nah too, since, as I've said, there's no way in hell I'm ever pairing Inigo with Nah. Is there any way I could make the rest of the magical pairings work if I give Henry to Owain?

EDIT:

Also, how does Vengance work out in Apotheosis? Doesn't it mean you can't spam fortify anymore or else be forced to set up all of your vengance units again? Isn't that really dangerous?

Edited by Alastor15243

I don't have people with olivia.Can anyone help?Libra is already taken.Virion,and Donnel is left.

Lol how did you end up in a situation where those 2 are his only options? Definitely Virion since no class overlap and better mods.

Basically a pair that you've specifically left at high enough HP so they can survive an attack from the boss. Sometimes, if you don't have a dedicated unit for killing the boss, it's possible to have all your galepairs kill something under the assumption that they'll mob the boss once the mooks are gone, but then everyone takes damage and you don't have anyone bulky enough to take a hit from the boss. There are usually ways out if this happens, but it's annoying at best.

These pairs don't always have to be designated when building your team, but it's sometimes helpful if you do, because then you have an idea of who to keep safe during your rush ahead of time (high Hit and Spd are generally what you want, Vengeance helps too). Having a designated pair generally becomes more important on challenge runs, where you would make them a dodgetank rather than an offensive powerhouse for pulling Anna/NS (Severa is generally great for this, Morgan is good too).

Thanks! I've been thinking anout what you said and trying to work a few things out.

It sounds like my Sniper Noire x Assassin Morgan pair will be useful for most bosses then.

Sumia!Lucina x Libra!Owain look like they might be my best option for NS, but they can't double it unless Owain takes AS+2 instead of Tomefaire. They shouldn't have much trouble killing it round 1 if every attack hits. Lucina has 235 Hit and Owain has 238 Hit. I calculated that NS has 125 Avoid, but is it standing on a Throne or anything?

If Severa x Gerome isn't a boss pair then their 75 Speed doesn't do me much good. Gerome could go Axefaire Warrior and have 220 Hit without any Attack loss because he gets to use a +5 Mt forge. The pair's DS rate would go up from 93 to 94.75. Would this be good, or am I missing something?

Welcome back Czar!

I like having 8 Mov on characters, but sadly i forgot to get the second pair of boots from chapter 17. 3 of my pairs have 6 Mov only. There are a couple of options i can do. They are Hero Morgan x Inigo, Hero Severa x Mu, Sniper Noire x Gerome

1. Give Severa boots, take Morgan's Luna and replace it with Deliverer(her set is GF, AxeFaire, Ignis, Luna, LB), and add Deliverer on Gerome even though hes support.

2. Give Morgan boots, take Severa's AT/Swordfaire out for Deliverer(Her set is Swordfaire, GF, Vengeance, LB, AT) although if i take out AT, this means she cant use Ragnell, and add Deliverer on Gerome

3. Give Noire boots, take Severa's AT/Swordfaire out, and take Morgan's Luna out for Deliverer

4. Just give Severa the boots and dont give Deliverer to the others

I made this post 2 pages ago, but nobody replied. What should i do out of these options?

Also for Kjelle, should she be an Assassin or Falcon Knight paired with Berserker Yarne?

Assassin!Kjelle GF, Swordfaire, Luna, Deliverer, LB(uses bows for 2-range)

FalcoKnight!Kjelle: GF, Lancefaire, Luna, AT, LB(uses Gradivus)

Help with classes for an apotheosis run. I think it's pretty standard, but I'm not sure what to do with physical pairs.

+Ricken!Owain(sage) x Robin(DF)

+Owain!Morgan(sage) x Maribelle!Lucina(DF)

+Chrom!Brady(sage) x Henry!Cynthia(DF)

-Lonqu!Laurent(sage) x Gaius!Noire(DF)

+Stahl!Severa(Hero) x Frederick!Inigo(Paladin)

-Donnel!Kjelle(Paladin) x Gregor!Gerome(Berserker)

Benching Nah and Yarne

+ : Galeforce Pairs

- : Only 1 Galeforce user

Bold classes are still uncertain. I'm open to suggestions to the other pairs too though.

I was tempted to change Lucina to something else, but flier movement is so nice.

Would it be weird to use Severa as a Sniper or Inigo as an Assassin?

Kjelle is sort of stuck as a Paladin lead because I like to play a mobile/offensive style and I'm not sure she can pull off Falcon Knight too well.

Alright, I'd just like to get just a little more feedback on my team as a whole before I tie any more knots. I just married Gerome to Kjelle, so that one is set in stone.

Yeah, Gregor!Laurent can go physical if you want him to. I see no obvious flaws here.

The problem is that, should I decide to continue using this file after the playthrough is over, Henry is apparently quite valuable elsewhere. I'd also want a magical dad for Nah too, since, as I've said, there's no way in hell I'm ever pairing Inigo with Nah. Is there any way I could make the rest of the magical pairings work if I give Henry to Owain?

EDIT:

Also, how does Vengance work out in Apotheosis? Doesn't it mean you can't spam fortify anymore or else be forced to set up all of your vengance units again? Isn't that really dangerous?

You can use Vaike!Nah@Hero to support magical Galeboys nicely (other Hero Nahs work too, but Vaike is the best) if you want. Some Nahs can make good Sages too, even without magical fathers (notably Virion!Nah), if you don't mind a Sage x Sage pair.

Either your Fortify is limited or you need to set up your Vengeance again, yes. The second option is much safer, particularly if you're using Vengeance for KO insurance/a general power boost, because very few things can ORKO a pair at full health, so you can just deliberately take damage from one enemy to get it back up again. The general idea behind offensive Vengeance is that you attack a dangerous foe that you can double at full health, and if you fail to kill it before it attacks, then you get a Vengeance boost so it's almost guaranteed to die on the second round. Then you attack something weaker (or that can't hit you) after your Galeforce, and then heal up at the end of your turn and do it again the next turn.

If Severa x Gerome isn't a boss pair then their 75 Speed doesn't do me much good. Gerome could go Axefaire Warrior and have 220 Hit without any Attack loss because he gets to use a +5 Mt forge. The pair's DS rate would go up from 93 to 94.75. Would this be good, or am I missing something?

Well, all decimals are rounded down so that extra 3 Skl is going to waste, as far as DSes are concerned. No Throne for NS.

I made this post 2 pages ago, but nobody replied. What should i do out of these options?

Also for Kjelle, should she be an Assassin or Falcon Knight paired with Berserker Yarne?

If 8 Mov matters that much, I'd give Severa the Boots and put Morgan into an 8-Mov class. Falco Kjelle looks better at a glance, but I haven't checked thresholds.

Help with classes for an apotheosis run. I think it's pretty standard, but I'm not sure what to do with physical pairs.

Looks pretty standard to me. What exactly do you want help with?

You get two pairs of Boots if you want more Mov on someone like Lucina, but I'd keep her as a DF because Morgan likes the pairup bonuses.

I prefer Virion for my Sniper Severas, but Stahl!Severa can do it well too. If you want to make her and Inigo a Sniper/Assassin pair, try to go for 100% DS (needs 160 combined Skl between the two units).

Kjelle also has Wyvern Lord, if you want a slightly stronger 8 Mov unit.

Vaike!Nah would be an option, but I'm starting to really like Vaike!Severa, both because it has a much better hair color than Stahl!Severa (though in that department I'd also be willing to try Virion's silvery hair if I wind up liking vengance), and I also like the stats and having an axefaire hero Severa. If I do Virion!Nah and then make her a bowfaire bride paired up with Brady, how would that work out?

And thanks so much for the advice, you're always such a huge help.

Edited by Alastor15243