• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty standard to me. What exactly do you want help with?

You get two pairs of Boots if you want more Mov on someone like Lucina, but I'd keep her as a DF because Morgan likes the pairup bonuses.

I prefer Virion for my Sniper Severas, but Stahl!Severa can do it well too. If you want to make her and Inigo a Sniper/Assassin pair, try to go for 100% DS (needs 160 combined Skl between the two units).

Kjelle also has Wyvern Lord, if you want a slightly stronger 8 Mov unit.

+Stahl!Severa(Hero) x Frederick!Inigo(Paladin)

-Donnel!Kjelle(Paladin) x Gregor!Gerome(Berserker)

As far as Severa and Inigo, they seem pretty interchangable, but I'm not really sure what class combos work well. Hero/sin/paladin/falcon/Sniper Severa x hero/sin/paladin Inigo. Does it really matter which class? I'm guessing 160 combined skl and 75 speed are the big benchmarks.

Kjelle is a nice fit at assassin, but the mov bothers me. I guess Paladin/Wyvern Lord Kjelle x Berserker Gerome is probably the way to go.

If 8 Mov matters that much, I'd give Severa the Boots and put Morgan into an 8-Mov class. Falco Kjelle looks better at a glance, but I haven't checked thresholds.

It doesnt really matter too much, but i was just making sure if i needed deliverer because some pairs usually never get to kill something because of low move, and having only 1 staffbot(along with olivia, and possibly the 2 rally bots) makes it even harder to transport pairs to a certain group of enemies.

Also for Severa x MU, what should MU's class be? Sniper, Hero, Berserker, or Assassin? Sniper can make the 100%DS build, but it requires MU to have skill+2 and All+2 which isnt hard, and makes me have to replace Severa's AT/Swordfaire for All+2. I dont want to go hero because i have wayy too many heros and snipers, but idk.

In general: Lucina > Morgan-F > Morgan-M > Severa/Cynthia > Owain/Inigo > Brady > Nah/Yarne/Noire/Kjelle > Gerome/Laurent.

Lucina has DS+, so she wins hands down. The Morgans are fairly equal, with Morgan-M performing slightly better but Morgan-F being able to make the best use of her genes- I rated Morgan-F higher because Avatar-M does a better job of filling in-demand roles than Avatar-F does. Severa comes next because she can fill a ton of various niches without wasting any potential. Cynthia is up there as well, due to her excellent ability to compliment Galeboys and frequently having useful parents, followed by Owain and Inigo, who are more versatile galeboys than Brady due to natural Vantage and redeemable physical mods. Whether Nah and Yarne are better or worse than Noire/Kjelle depends on their fathers; either of the former fathered by Virion (or Henry/Vaike!Nah) can be some of the best supports in the game, but are otherwise somewhat lackluster. Noire/Kjelle are always pretty much the same with not much room for customization. Gerome and Laurent have DS+ going for them, but are otherwise pretty boring and outclassed by pretty much everyone.

Depending on what kind of team you're building, this can change. Notable, if you're not playing with all the children, Severa and Yarne tend to trade places due to there being a lot more good females than good males.

First thing that comes to mind for me is that he's a superb support for a galeforce user. He has all class selection and good stats making him extremely versatile in that regard, so regardless of what kind of pairing you're going for he'll make the most of it. And, as said above, there are a lot more good female characters than good male characters.

Hard support. He's basically Yarne and Laurent combined, but without the need for a high-demand father. VV/hard support Sage? Check. Hit+20 Berserker? Check. +4 Skl Sniper? Check. He can support anyone but Nah exceptionally well (though he's best on Lucina, Cynthia and Severa).

Huh, okay. Thanks. I still don't entirely get it, seems like MaMorgan could do whatever MaMU does.

If you're not taking the rest of the team into account and not using VV, would each of those three girls rather have, a hard support with all the skills he wants or a Galeboy with all the skills he wants?

Edit: Now that I think about it, MaMorgan is a slightly stronger MaMU who also has Galeforce, and FeMorgan is a slightly stronger FeMU who also has Aether. Aether is rarer than Galeforce. This explanation doesn't hold up for Severa!Morgan though, so there must be something I'm not getting.

Edited by isetrh

Morgan is automatically better than everyone, that's a given.

Hard supports are very good in their own right. Why else do you think people pair Severa with Gerome? Severa is easily one of the best kids, while Gerome is usually at the bottom of the totem pole. Male Robin being able to support literally any female character with whatever class they made need most is a huge boon, in my opinion.

It's not about what those individual girls want in order to perform at their best, it's about what I want in order to make a balanced team. Strictly speaking, yes, any of the three will perform better when married to a galeboy than they will when married to an otherwise identical boy without Galeforce, in terms of kills per turn. However, a Galeboy support is effectively down two skills from a hard support (due to needing GF and a Proc) and has slightly more restrictive class choices. When it comes to thresholds, single Galepairs tend to have a much easier time breaking them (because the lead doesn't have to worry about being in a class that has good pairup bonuses and can focus on their base stats), and the difference between a single Galepair and a double Galepair isn't as big as the difference between a normal pair and a single Galepair anyway.

For a different way of looking at it, check out the skillsets either of them could be using. Morgan-M will, almost without exception, be running either LB/Agg/GF/Faire/Proc or LB/V/V/TF/GF. Those are nice sets, but they're hardly exclusive to him and all he's got over Owain and Inigo is a few mods. Avatar-F is pretty much the same, by the way- she'll be running LB/GF/Faire/Ignis/Luna 99% of the time, but swap Ignis for Astra and that's what you see Noire and Kjelle doing all day.

Avatar-M, on the other hand, is able to put his genes to much better use- he has the rare Hit+20 Berserker, and his mods tend to matter more (Str and Skl are very important on hard supports). He's a great DS boosting support at that, which are also very rare (Yarne is the only other hard support who can do it).

Even Morgan-F, who looks pretty similar to Avatar-F, has perks: her high potential to have a large Spd mod is important, as there aren't many good male offerings for +Mag/Spd, and she can sometimes come with Aether for he procstack.

So yeah, Avatar-F and Morgan-M are technically stronger, but Avatar-M and Morgan-F fill a more important niche. If you want a more solid example of hard support trumping Galeforce access, I used Vaike!Noire in my 100% DS team as a Sniper support, because her Sniper was too valuable to waste on a lead (and I wanted Donnel out of the picture, but that's not the point).

On the subject of male Robin, How would Berserker Robin x Great Lord (or any physical class she has access to, really) Sumia!Lucina be? I was thinking about using this simply because having a bunch of Sage x DF pairs is kinda boring. +Skl Robin (which i am using) also has 2 str over mag which kinda adds up if he's hitting from the back.

Edited by Diabeasty

On the subject of male Robin, How would Berserker Robin x Great Lord (or any physical class she has access to, really) Sumia!Lucina be? I was thinking about using this simply because having a bunch of Sage x DF pairs is kinda boring. +Skl Robin (which i am using) also has 2 str over mag which kinda adds up if he's hitting from the back.

Great Lord is basically Hero with Lances instead of Axes. It's not gonna be any real different from running the Hero/Zerker pair, which is notably solid.

It's something I've considered, TBQH.

[Aether, Luna, Galeforce, Dual Strike+, Defender... she's got 60 Speed...(and 53 STR, so 70 ATK)]

Edited by Airship Canon

The non-LB dodge tanks require WRB to reach the perfect dodge.

Because there are only Lance, Bow and Tome no-Hawkeye bosses in Apo SR.

So even Assassin has better Spd, its Avo to Anna is inferior to Zerker/Hero.

But if your target is InvinciSorc or NightmareSniper, then Assassin is better.

Specifically, Zerker x GreatLord is OK and swappable.

But to be noticed that Zerker has poor accuracy.

Edited by MelonGx

The non-LB dodge tanks require WRB to reach the perfect dodge.

Because there are only Lance, Bow and Tome no-Hawkeye bosses in Apo SR.

So even Assassin has better Spd, its Avo to Anna is inferior to Zerker/Hero.

But if your target is InvinciSorc or NightmareSniper, then Assassin is better.

Specifically, Zerker x GreatLord is OK and swappable.

But to be noticed that Zerker has poor accuracy.

That's assuming you're building a Dodge Tank.

Sumia!Lucina can't do that well at all really.

...A fast Physical unit on the other hand, she is.

She's got a key threshold met in the form of 60 Speed at caps without DLC.

With MU carrying 'zerk, Zerk's accuracy isn't a big issue since he can pop Hit+20, Anath, and Hex on there. [+20 Hit, -25 Avoid... it's almost breaker all for a support, and having a Breaker basically means 100% hit for anything]

Sorry I took so long to get back here after I asked that question. Thanks for explaining that to me! If I understand what all of you have said, it's that FeMorgan can fill niches that FeMU can't, but the only thing MaMorgan can do that MaMU can't is be a standard Galeboy?

I'm considering embracing the overkill and using Henry!Gerome after all for a Berserker with effectively 231-241 Hit depending on the forge he uses. This could help him and Severa to hit some bosses, and also support allies attacking adjacent enemies.

Doing that would mean Vaike is unused. Would Vaike or Frederick be a better father for Nah? Nah will be a Manakete and I do not plan to field her in Apo.

Gerome taking Henry means Brady takes Ricken, leaving Laurent with Virion. Laurent is technically my lowest priority since I'm not fielding him in Apo, but I feel like I get an overall higher net gain if he trades fathers with Lon'qu!Severa.

Virion!Severa is fine, she has slightly worse stats than LQ!Severa but she gets sage and sniper access, while still keeping Wyvern lord. She's more versatile, basically.

In my opinion LQ!Brady is one best Bradies. All Brady really needs is stats, and sometimes Vengeance. Lon'Qu has some sweet stats, and doesn't hurt his Mag at all. He has better Spd and Skl than Virion!Brady while only taking a hit in Res. You might do well to give Ricken to Laurent and Lon'Qu to Brady, it would be worth trying at the least.

Vaike!Nah is excellent, to say the least. Vaike passes down Knight and Mercenary to her, which I believe no other female character can take full benefit of. If she had Galeforce she'd literally be perfect. Easily one of the best pairings for Nah.

Edited by Diabeasty

Thanks! I've been thinking about that advice and doing some calculations, and I will do what you suggested. I'm not sure whether Brady is better with Ricken or Lon'qu, but Laurent definitely appreciates Ricken since he gets Luna, DG+, and the option of Sniper/Bow Knight without losing DS rate as a Dark Knight, which is how I plan to use him. Now the issue is how to pair Lon'qu!Brady, Libra!Owain, Sumia!Lucina, and Chrom!Cynthia.

Libra!Owain

-Vengeance

-Higher Magic by 1 point

-Option of VVDS+ if paired to Lucina

Lon'qu!Brady

-Luna

-Higher Skill by 4 points (1 full point of DS if paired with Cynthia)

-Ability to double all enemies while in front without taking AS+2

Edited by isetrh

I would pair Lucy with Owain personally. Owain has less Skl than Brady so Lucy's DS+ will mean more to Owain than it would to Brady. That's the only real difference between the two pairings since Chrom!Cynthia is Sumia!Lucina but without Lord access and thus no DS+.