• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Czar, how viable is it for Severa to run Hex or Anathema to let Gerome perfect hit the high profile Avo targets (Thronie and Anna)?

You might be able to drop Lancefaire for it, but I think the average damage would still be higher with LF (I'd need stats to do a full comparison, and am too lazy to get them right now). It's definitely a good idea if Severa isn't a Wyvern, though.

However, I can say that it'll take more than a 10-15 boost to reach 100%.

Now all that's left are Brady and Laurent, and I've got Gregor, Kellam, Ricken and Libra left. I'm guessing the latter two are ideal, but I want some opinions from here.

Brady's gonna be a sage paired up with a Bowfaire Bride Nah, while Laurent's gonna be a sage supporting an AS+2 Dark Flier Noire. What do you guys recommend I do for these last two's parents?

For just Apo, I'd put Libra on Brady and Ricken on Laurent. However you'll see a lot more mileage out of Laurent outside of Apo if you use Gregor for him instead.

Can anybody answer this for me? I'm planning on making Yarne a Berserker

*clears throat*

Swordbreaker if you're not playing Apo, Lancebreaker if you're playing an Apo challenge run and marrying Yarne to Severa, Str+2 if you never plan on putting Yarne up front, and Deliverer if none of those apply.

I already did.

I'd like some advice on likely the best way to train an AvatarxLissa Owain with mainly the main game (Normal Lunatic on Chapter 18) in mind with low amounts of grinding. (Avatar is +Speed; -Res)

I'm getting ready to recruit Owain right about now, and my planned skills for him to get passed down are Lifetaker from Avatar, and Tomefaire from Lissa. Given the skills I was planning on "trying" to make him a magic user, but I'm not so certain that's such a great idea since his natural growths don't compliment magic too well.

Current Skills on the parents are as follows in case someone else has a better idea on what to pass down:

Lissa:

Miracle

Healtouch

Rally Magic

Tombfaire

Ignis

Veteran

Rally Spectrum

Slow Burn

Lifetaker

Solidarity

Edited by Kreekakon

Hello! I need some opinions for my newest male unit file.

I'm torn on whether I want to marry Tiki (marry for love & manakete Morgan) or Aversa (marry for genes -Shadowgift & white hair). Who do you guys think is better?

Edited by Rohesia

I'm torn on whether I want to marry Tiki (marry for love & manakete Morgan) or Aversa (marry for genes -Shadowgift & white hair). Who do you guys think is better?

If you're doing a no-brave run, manaketes are pretty fun and useful (and I recommend going no-brave, because brave weapons are really really really overpowered and ridiculous), though being able to nostank is also fun and useful on a no-brave file...

And if I go for Gregor!Laurent, I'd want to put Ricken on Brady, for the mods?

Ricken and Libra are about equal on Brady in a vacuum. Go with whichever you prefer (Ricken gives 1 more Mag and Hit+20, Libra gives Vengeance).

I'd like some advice on likely the best way to train an AvatarxLissa Owain with mainly the main game (Normal Lunatic on Chapter 18) in mind with low amounts of grinding. (Avatar is +Speed; -Res)

I'm getting ready to recruit Owain right about now, and my planned skills for him to get passed down are Lifetaker from Avatar, and Tomefaire from Lissa. Given the skills I was planning on "trying" to make him a magic user, but I'm not so certain that's such a great idea since his natural growths don't compliment magic too well.

Avatar should -always- pass Veteran to same-gendered children who don't plan on immediately reclassing to Tactician. But... Your Owain should have pretty similar Str and Mag base growths, and will do quite well in Mag if you reclass him to Tactician/Mage/DM right off the bat. I don't think you'll have any issues makin him magical.

I'd pass Lifetaker/Tomefaire and go Tactician -> GM -> Whatever, or pass Veteran/TF and go DM -> Sorc (since you've got natural Vantage...).

I'm hardly in a position to weigh gameplay against aesthetics (for anyone but myself), but you should go with whatever will be more fun.

I can note, though, that Aversa is only mid-tier. If you want to choose gameplay over aesthetics, there are plenty of worthier candidates.

Considering some last second tweaks to my No DLC + No Rally run.

Lucina >> Great Lord [Previously Sage] (Aether, Luna, Galeforce, Dual Strike+, Defender)

Robin >> Berserker [Previously Grandmaster] (Axefaire, Strength+2, Anathema, Hit+20, Skill+2[or Prescience])

...The trade off being 1 Sage [so -1 dual role] for another 60 Speed unit, putting me at 3.

Robin has the edge of being a Hit+20 Berserker, which is pretty sound, but I'm not too sure on it [Hit rate on key target is... not friendly in the least. Might fanagle Prescience on there though [and do crazy things like "Staffbot next to Thronie to Hex his arse on Player Phase" (which effectively removes Thronie's throne for all hit purposes)] (Dual Strike rate with them would be a rather respectible 93% too, which....even with a Zero STR MOD, IT'S STILL A BERSERKER [...ok, he's only doing 5s to Thronie, but, hey, Lucina with 72 ATK [Ragnell] has a 64%-ish chance to do 19 damage. That's 29, and I could dance. ...the majority of the damage is still probably going to be Severa and her Brave Bow [because what's better than 1 Berserker Dual Strike? 2.]

...The big catch to this is stomping Invincisorc trash [funny, some complain about Nightmare Sniper trash. ...These are the most irritating outright trash mobs in all of SR, especially on wave 5, where if you don't kill at least one, you die to Invincisorc focus fire.] though, not killing Thronie harder.

70 ATK [brave, not Legendary] vs. 51 DEF: 9 Normal, 22 Luna, 31 Aether

77 ATK support: 13 (26)

... at the Dual strike Rates and [checked] hit rates with Prescience, these actually get facerolled.

...although, I /may/ have to full heal Lucy after killing one. [Note, I've got a ~75.5655207516% chance to opening kill them (...err, that's the chance to get 2 dual strikes and a Luna effect, which terminates them), so ??]

[Also, she can survive them at FULL BURST CAPACITY (Full Vengeance [dealt 78-79 damage] gives them 125 ATK. 125-84: 41, which is Great Lord Sumia!Lucina's RES ... [although that would heal them by 42, leaving them with 43-44 HP... but 60 SPD doubles them so... yeah, faceroller.])]

And

Kjelle >> Hero

[it's basically the Bride change, but costs some +MAG for Brady.]

(Why do I keep erring away from Kjelle as Dark Flier?)

...however, this does mean, Brady /has/ to carry the Book of Naga on Wave 4. Mire Fliers WILL kill him without it [it's like forgetting to Ward] (I'm not a bad league player! I will remember to ward!)

Edited by Airship Canon

Did you compare GL x Berserker's damage with Defender to GL x GM with Spd+2? Lucina loses 3 Str from pairup and 1 from Defender, but Avatar gets to attack Res. It might be worth it.

...GM hits like wet noodle no matter the case. Given his original kit [sTR+2, MAG+2, Tomefaire, Swordfaire, Anath] he get 66 Brave Sword [72 Alm's], 60 Celica's [72 Valflame]

Looking at Sorc trash:

DEF is lower so we just lose damage-- 77 ATK vs 66 [swordfaire, STR+2] 7*2 vs 13*2

Thronie:

Zerker:

77 vs 67: 5*2

Grandmaster [Targeting RES, cause it's lower, and the Brave sword does No Damage]

60 vs 58: 1*2 [below Nuke Threshold(!!)]

72 vs 58: 7

...Zerker just outperforms the Grandmaster.

Edited by Airship Canon

I'm bakck! Which is better, Lon'qu!Brady or Ricken!Brady? In my case, Lon'qu!Brady hits 75 Speed, but that's not really necessary since Sumia, Noire, Morgan, and Severa already have that covered. If Brady takes Ricken, Severa can have Lon'qu instead of Virion. If Brady takes Lon'qu, Laurent can have Ricken instead of Virion, but Laurent is low priority.

With Tiki and Aversa, I'm not really concerned with how the game turns out. It's just more of a matter I can't decide if I want Manakete Morgan (even if I hate the clothes…), or Morgan with Shadowgift, which would really come in handy and give me an excuse to make her a Dark Flier. If I didn't love Tiki so much, this probably would've been settled a long time ago.

With Tiki and Aversa, I'm not really concerned with how the game turns out. It's just more of a matter I can't decide if I want Manakete Morgan (even if I hate the clothes…), or Morgan with Shadowgift, which would really come in handy and give me an excuse to make her a Dark Flier. If I didn't love Tiki so much, this probably would've been settled a long time ago.

I can't quantify how much marrying tiki would be worth it to you, but I can say that gameplay wise, there's an objectively superior option to her, and that's marrying Nowi, because you'll get a morgan with the same stat totals, and you'll get a second Morgan in Nah.

Aversa, on the other hand, lets you use dark magic in every magic using class but dread fighter (which women can't use). With all the cool dark magic (particularly nosferatu), that would be handy.

With all the cool dark magic (particularly nosferatu)

I don't understand why people answer always nosferatu whereas aversa's night is better by far (more power, more hit moreover you can forge it). Mire is funny too, with its huge range and its effect (negates user’s offensive trigger Skills and support unit’s Dual Strikes)

if you want to do apo, i think aversa will be a better mother for morgan than tiki (magic mod and magic > physic for apo).

if not apo, i like manake class :3 , so i would marry MU with tiki or nowi.

I don't understand why people answer always nosferatu whereas aversa's night is better by far (more power, more hit moreover you can forge it). Mire is funny too, with its huge range and its effect (negates user’s offensive trigger Skills and support unit’s Dual Strikes)

Well Aversa's Night is just a modified Nosferatu. Nosferatu is the more "signature" dark magic tome. Also, Aversa's night needs a very special type of unit to use, one with dark magic access and armsthrift, since it's got ten uses and can only be found on event tiles and in the barracks. To my knowledge (though there could be other reasonable combinations), only Severa, Donnel!Noire, Libra/Henry!Inigo and Gregor!Laurent can reasonably wield it of the non-Morgan kids. Obviously Aversa!Morgan (or really any Morgan) could use it too, but my point is mostly that it's nowhere near as available as Nosferatu is, so Nosferatu is the one that comes to mind.

Aversa's requires being able to Streetpass yourself to acquire reliably (even then, it's only one copy per day). Nos is buyable from Cht.12 for cheap. Nos is D rank, Aversa's is B.

It takes more than a few mt to make up for a distribution gap that big.

Aversa's requires being able to Streetpass yourself to acquire reliably (even then, it's only one copy per day). Nos is buyable from Cht.12 for cheap. Nos is D rank, Aversa's is B.

It takes more than a few mt to make up for a distribution gap that big.

As a note, if you can Streetpass yourself, ...If you do the Forge Permutations, you can sell yourself up to 24 copies of Aversa's [headed for the +5/15/0 forge, you can do a hell of a lot more with more Forges, but you can kiss your gold goodbye if you do... 24 is pushing it as-is] with a single Streetpass, but you'd need 24 ANs to begin with.

AN

AN+1/0/0

AN+2/0/0

AN+3/0/0

AN+4/0/0

AN+5/0/0

AN+0/5/0

AN+1/5/0

AN+2/5/0

AN+3/5/0

AN+4/5/0

AN+5/5/0

AN+0/10/0

AN+1/10/0

AN+2/10/0

AN+3/10/0

AN+4/10/0

AN+5/10/0

AN+0/15/0

AN+1/15/0

AN+2/15/0

AN+3/15/0

AN+4/15/0

AN+5/15/0

I was planning on doing Virion!Severa x Henry!Gerome eith these sets

Severa @ Wyvern Lord

LB/Galeforce/LF/AS+2/Vengeance

Gerome @ Berserker

LB/Agg/AF/Hex/Anathema

when I realized that if I run both Hex and Anathema it made more sense to have Severa drop LF for Hex or Anathema so Gerome could have AS+2. Only 1 less damage total, better position in the Weapon Triangle, and 1 more point of DS.

Now I wonder if it's even worth it to give Henry to Gerome if he's only getting one skill out of it. The pair could maintain its DS rate with Lon'qu!Severa x Vaike!Gerome. Giving Severa Lon'qu is not a problem.

but you'd need 24 ANs to begin with.

...I don't think I even keep that many Celica's Gales on hand.

Doesn't streetpassing yourself take 2 3DSes?

Yes.

when I realized that if I run both Hex and Anathema it made more sense to have Severa drop LF for Hex or Anathema so Gerome could have AS+2. Only 1 less damage total, better position in the Weapon Triangle, and 1 more point of DS.

Assuming all hitrates and DS rates are 100%, which they aren't. Since Gerome has a lower chance of landing hits than Severa, the effect of extra damage on him will be reduced somewhat due to his lower chance of landing attacks.

Let's say Severa always has 100% Hit, and Gerome's total chance of landing any one attack is 75% (after factoring in DS, Hit and True Hit- completely random number, it could be anywhere between 50% and 90% or something). So if you transferred a 2 damage boost from Severa to Gerome, he'd get +4 thanks to hitting twice, but his 3:4 accuracy ratio compared to Severa would reduce it to a ~3 damage boost.

Shifting damage onto the support unit is generally a good thing because of hitting twice (notice how Gerome still outdamages Severa in my example), but isn't quite that clean-cut. Also, you are reducing the minimum amount of damage you can deal (assuming Severa's Hit is 100%), leading to a worse worst-case scenario in most scenarios.

I see why what I said was wrong now, thanks. Severa will keep LF. At full power Vaike!Gerome has 99% Hit against non-bosses (100% for Henry!Gerome), so I think he should run AS+2 for 92 DS instead of 91. The difference between Vaike and Henry ends up being pretty tiny. I can always move an Anathema staffbot near the enemy if Gerome needs a little more Hit.

Is Kellam a good father for Nah? Gamefaqs says he is, but... well, it's Gamefaqs... The other options for her are Virion and Frederick, but since they conveniently ended up unused for the Apo kids (everyone but Nah and Laurent) I was thinking they could fight at A.

Edited by isetrh

Late reply, sorry! I had classes and was doing a little research.

On a side note in case anyone's wondering, I know I could always make two separate male files but I kinda want this file to be my last one. I've played the game so many times, so I kinda just want to be able to put it down for a while. If not for that (and the fact I like both Shadowgift and the Manakete class -aside from those clothes...), then I wouldn't be asking. x'P

So far though, it's looking like I'll be marrying Tiki. Shadowgift is very tempting, but I love Tiki's personality more overall. Though I suppose Naga wouldn't be too happy their granddaughter is related to Grima x'D
(Unless you guys wanna talk to me more on that in PM, which you're always free to do btw.)

Also I did marry Nowi once with a young teen (or something) MU, but I like her best with Ricken so I won't be marrying her again. Thanks anyways for suggesting her.