• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about switching to Frederick!Inigo, going to use him as a Wyvern Lord with Axefaire. My plan was to pair him up with Gaius!Noire, who will be an assassin. Inigo can reach 69 speed with that setup, so it should be pretty good in theory. Has anyone else messed with Fred!Inigo?

I'm thinking about switching to Frederick!Inigo, going to use him as a Wyvern Lord with Axefaire. My plan was to pair him up with Gaius!Noire, who will be an assassin. Inigo can reach 69 speed with that setup, so it should be pretty good in theory. Has anyone else messed with Fred!Inigo?

Fred!Inigo is my favorite Inigo. Axefaire Wyvern is the way to go. Fred!Inigo is the only Wyvern Inigo with Luna and is tied with Virion!Inigo for 2nd highest skill Inigo (behind Lon'qu). Underrated Inigo that gets flak because low Spd.

He's actually pretty good. Inigo is one of the very few leads who doesn't care about Fred's Spd, and the only male one who can take his -Mag as well. He also has a lot of niche dodgetanking potential, and is one of the only viable male Wyverns.

Gaius!Kjelle is pretty good for DS purposes. I used her in my 100% DS team. Noire can still go Sniper/Bride with Donnel, so she'll be fine.

How is this setup?

Gaius!Kjelle @ Assassin

LB/GF/SF/Luna/Astra

Gregor!Yarne!Morgan @ Sniper

LB/GF/Agg/BF/Vengeance

Donnel!Noire @ Sniper

LB/GF/BF/Vengeance/AT

Stahl!Inigo @ Paladin

LB/GF/Agg/SF/Luna

Looks good to me.

One important thing to keep in mind when using Gaius!Kjelle is that she has a lot of similarities to Lon'qu/Virion!Severa. It's a good idea to compare your uses of the two and see if there are any minor improvements that could be made by switching them around.

Lon'qu!Severa does pretty well paired up with Morgan since she can go Hero instead of Assassin, though she does force Morgan to run Ignis instead of Vengeance. Kjelle has issues being a Wyvern Lord though. She has to choose between Astra and AS+2. Severa also ends up with the exact same skillset that Noire would run, because even though she doesn't need AS+2 she doesn't have anything better to fill her fifth skill slot with. I think I'll go with Morgan x Kjelle and Severa x Gerome. It was good to make sure though, so thanks for pointing out the similarities to me.

Should Kjelle or Morgan get the Boots?

Edited by isetrh

The thing about Kjelle is that she is the only character in the game bar Robin with more than 3 class trees at base. She's got a phenomenal skill set already. There isn't a whole lot a dad can do for the girl except give her gale. That being said, like all of Ricken's children, she would make a killer Sage.

I'd give Kjelle the Boots. Since she's the one with an Agg support, you'll be ending more turns with her up front.

Oh, that makes sense.

I wonder if Noire would get more mileage out of AS+2 than AT, since it benefits her when she's using a Brave Bow, like when she's in the back.

Hmm.. it just hit me that Frederick!Severa is another potent Lancefaire Wyvern Lord. She can either take Luna or Vengeance, and mods of +4 Str/+5 Skl are pretty impressive. She also gets Cavalier tree to mess around with as well. She deals with Freddy's -2 Spd by coming out with +1 Spd thanks to Cordy. A shame Cordy x Freddy is god awful though, lol.

How's Ricken!Kjelle?

I mean, she can get Luna, Astra, and Tomefaire, and might make a nice Dark Knight/Sage.

Pretty good ingame, I used her in a Lunatic+ challenge run once. Postgame she lacks a +Mag/Spd class to make use of Tomefaire as a support, so she isn't that good.

Hmm.. it just hit me that Frederick!Severa is another potent Lancefaire Wyvern Lord. She can either take Luna or Vengeance, and mods of +4 Str/+5 Skl are pretty impressive. She also gets Cavalier tree to mess around with as well. She deals with Freddy's -2 Spd by coming out with +1 Spd thanks to Cordy. A shame Cordy x Freddy is god awful though, lol.

She can work, but there's a problem: she's outclassed by Kjelle as a Luna Wyvern in Spd (talking thresholds here, 75 Spd is important for Wyverns because they need to be able to double Anna at range to stand a chance of ORKOing her), and by herself (Lon'qu/Virion) as a Vengeance Wyvern. And even if you're going for the maximum number of Galeforce/Lancefaire Wyverns possible (six, by my count) Fred needs to go on Cynthia so he's not even available. She does win in Str, though. If you could find some threshold that Str breaks, then she'd be good.

EDIT: I miscalculated, sorry. Stahl!Inigo has 67 Speed while Fred!Inigo has 65. Dilemma averted.

I checked the DS rate of my Donnel!Kjelle @ Assassin x Stahl!Inigo @ Paladin pair, and they can get 1 more point while Inigo is in the back by going Fred!Inigo instead of Stahl!Inigo, with the only cost being the ability to double one enemy, a Dark Flier with 57 Speed, when Inigo is in front.

The only issue with this is that it messes with my non-Apo pairs. My bachelors were going to be Fred and Virion, who can A support. Stahl and Virion cannot support, so I would have to switch from Kellam!Nah to Virion!Nah. I'm not fielding Nah in Apo, so this is a bit of a downgrade since she loses both Luna and Renewal. I guess as a Manakete she could run LB/Deliverer/Lifetaker/AS+2/Str+2...

Edited by isetrh

I have never tried Ricken!Kjelle. However a magic Kjelle is pretty awesome. :D I went with Libra!Kjelle in my last run and I do not regret. (Plus it's the girliest man with the manliest woman. What is not to love?)

Right now I am pairing Ricken and Cordelia. (The support was kind of meh, but I never tried a magic using Severa before, so I was like: "WHY NOT?")

She can work, but there's a problem: she's outclassed by Kjelle as a Luna Wyvern in Spd (talking thresholds here, 75 Spd is important for Wyverns because they need to be able to double Anna at range to stand a chance of ORKOing her), and by herself (Lon'qu/Virion) as a Vengeance Wyvern. And even if you're going for the maximum number of Galeforce/Lancefaire Wyverns possible (six, by my count) Fred needs to go on Cynthia so he's not even available. She does win in Str, though. If you could find some threshold that Str breaks, then she'd be good.

Yeah, that's true. 57 Str (base + Lancefaire) isn't breaking any special thresholds that I can think of. It was more of a passing thought, good to keep options open, y'know?

Hi, I have a rather general question about leveling. Is it better to level to 20 in a base class, and then Promote/reclass, or get to level 10 for the two skills, and then Promote/reclass?

Currently my Lon'qu is a Thief, lvl 11. he hasn't hit any caps yet, but his highest stats are SKL and SPD, which are the two stats the Thief class grows the most. Should I promote him now to Trickster? Or wait until he's capped SKL and SPD (and maybe others)? Or even get to lvl 20? Basically, is it worth it to stay in a class where the fastest growing stats are capped?

Same goes for Nowi. I reclassed her at lvl 15 Manakete, to Wyvern Rider, who has now hit lvl 11. She hasn't hit any caps yet, but since both Wyvern Rider and Lord have the same statgrowth, would it make much difference? I eventually want her to go back to Manakete as endclass, after getting the necessary skills. Doesn't Manakete have some of the best statgrowth? Wouldn't it then be better to rush through acquiring skills, and then back to Manakete?

I apologize if some of the answers are very obvious, I'm new to this game, and there's a lot I haven't figured out.

Hi, I have a rather general question about leveling. Is it better to level to 20 in a base class, and then Promote/reclass, or get to level 10 for the two skills, and then Promote/reclass?

Currently my Lon'qu is a Thief, lvl 11. he hasn't hit any caps yet, but his highest stats are SKL and SPD, which are the two stats the Thief class grows the most. Should I promote him now to Trickster? Or wait until he's capped SKL and SPD (and maybe others)? Or even get to lvl 20? Basically, is it worth it to stay in a class where the fastest growing stats are capped?

Same goes for Nowi. I reclassed her at lvl 15 Manakete, to Wyvern Rider, who has now hit lvl 11. She hasn't hit any caps yet, but since both Wyvern Rider and Lord have the same statgrowth, would it make much difference? I eventually want her to go back to Manakete as endclass, after getting the necessary skills. Doesn't Manakete have some of the best statgrowth? Wouldn't it then be better to rush through acquiring skills, and then back to Manakete?

I apologize if some of the answers are very obvious, I'm new to this game, and there's a lot I haven't figured out.

Depends.If you're playing a no-grind playthrough and want to get galeforce children, master seal at level 10 for sure. Otherwise, it's always better to wait until level 20, because the second seal formula (which gradually adds half of your old level to an internal level so that you gradually gain less and less experience) always assumes that's what you did when it adds on to your character's internal level. If you class up at level 10 and then reclass at level 20, the game will add on 20 levels when you gained 30, instead of 20 for gaining 40.

For second seals, if you're a non-promoted class, second seal at level 10, but if you're a promoted class, second seal at level 20. This way you'll get the most out of your steadily increasing internal level.

Edited by Alastor15243

I'm playing on Normal/Casual Mode. No DLC. And I do grind them, a lot. I try to use ALL my units, and try to keep them at roughly the same level, which is pretty difficult, given their varying classes and levels. Hence my excessive grinding.

In this instance, both Lon'qu and Now (Thief and Wyvern Rider respectively) should keep grinding until level 20? Hitting their statcaps doesn't matter? Wouldn't that make a lot of levels gain very few statpoints?

If they're hitting their stat caps, it's a waste of time to keep leveling in unpromoted classes besides to get a skill. On Normal mode your internal level caps out really low anyway. The only thing that might slow your leveling down annoyingly quickly is promoting at level 10 without doing any reclassing first, but even that won't make a difference for very long.

Edited by isetrh

I just realized, I didn't give enough info on Lon'qu. Originally, Lon'qu was Myrmidon. He got to lvl 20 in Myrmidon, and I used a Second Seal to reclass him to Thief, in which he is now lvl 11. Does this mean his internal level is (20/2=10+11=) 21? Wouldn't this make it the best time to Promote him? Considering his internal level already is (over) 20?

Also, Lon'qu hasn't hit his cap for SKL and SPD yet, but he's very, very close. But only those two stats.

Base reclassing: reclass at 20 if you're before Cht.11, unless you're stafflocked and you got lucky with a Second Seal from Anna. Reclass at 10 if you're a second gen unit or on your second base reclass and don't have a shortage of Seals.

Base promoting: promote at 10 if you need a specific skill to pass down, need a one-shot pairup bonus and don't intend to use the unit after that, or if most of your stats are capped (unless you're a 2nd gen unit who hasn't reclassed yet). Promote at 20 if you're short on Seals or the unit in question is going to be in use for a long time. Promote between 10 and 20 if you would otherwise promote at 10 but don't have stats capped yet (and they cap before reaching 20), or if you're high 19 and would waste a lot of time/exp trying to perfectly hit 20.

Your IL is still ~10 and not capped yet. 21 is your total level.

Promoting isn't about growths, it's about exp gain. If you promote early, the game will give you the same amount of exp once promoted that it would if you leveled all the way to 20 first. So it's worth it if you're going for skills, but as long as you don't cap you should stay in base for more stats.

However Nowi's skill pool is really bad and until postgame it's best to level her to 30 in Manakete and just reclass back into Manakete to keep getting levels.

Base reclassing: reclass at 20 if you're before Cht.11, unless you're stafflocked and you got lucky with a Second Seal from Anna. Reclass at 10 if you're a second gen unit or on your second base reclass and don't have a shortage of Seals.

Base promoting: promote at 10 if you need a specific skill to pass down, need a one-shot pairup bonus and don't intend to use the unit after that, or if most of your stats are capped (unless you're a 2nd gen unit who hasn't reclassed yet). Promote at 20 if you're short on Seals or the unit in question is going to be in use for a long time. Promote between 10 and 20 if you would otherwise promote at 10 but don't have stats capped yet (and they cap before reaching 20), or if you're high 19 and would waste a lot of time/exp trying to perfectly hit 20.

Your IL is still ~10 and not capped yet. 21 is your total level.

Promoting isn't about growths, it's about exp gain. If you promote early, the game will give you the same amount of exp once promoted that it would if you leveled all the way to 20 first. So it's worth it if you're going for skills, but as long as you don't cap you should stay in base for more stats.

However Nowi's skill pool is really bad and until postgame it's best to level her to 30 in Manakete and just reclass back into Manakete to keep getting levels.

I am far past Chapter 11, currently trying to do Chapter 17.

Practically ALL my units have either been Promoted or reclassed, most of them have hit lvl 20 in their base class (Nowi, Panne and Donnel are special cases). So in short, right now it's relatively easy to decide, right? Since they've ALL been either reclassed or promoted, if they're in base class now, promote at lvl 10, or a little bit later until hitting stat caps. Don't wait until lvl 20.

Just now I've tried googling how Master Seals, Second Seals and internal levels work regarding XP gain. My gods, it makes my head hurt.

About Nowi. I've heard before that it's best to keep her as Manakete indefintely because of the good stat growths, but..are the skills really that bad? Swordbreaker, Quickburn and Lifetaker sound really useful.

Edited by Mousse9