They don't show up that often, but when they do they're in packs.

No Regalia on Risen.

Thanks. Glad I don't have to worry about Books of Naga, or even just the really high Mt stuff. Packs of Sages could end up being a little problematic though, especially if they have Tomefaire. I could try Dark Knight, but that means either taking Ricken away from Laurent--which will bring him just under the amount of damage needed to kill anything that isn't Invincisorc--or taking a Vengeance dad away from one of the other Galeboys, so I'm not too sure about that one. Dread Fighter on the other hand gives Str, Res, and Speed, though its Movement is only average. Fighting at 1-range, Inigo will need healing at some point, but that works out with his innate Sol. Actually Dread Fighter looks perfect... Edited by isetrh

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I get a little advice about skill inheritance?

I'm not sure whether to have Donnel!Kjelle inherit Aptitude or Underdog. Is Underdog a good skill postgame?

Which Wyvern Rider skill would you recommend for Gregor!Yarne? I thought about Czar_Yoshi's earlier advice, did some calculations, and decided to use AT instead of Str+2, so inheriting Str+2 is no longer mandatory. I'm not sure what would be good though. There's Deliverer, but once Yarne is fully trained there's no need for him to ever be in the front. Str+2 is still a solid option of course. Or maybe a Breaker skill?

I'm going to assume that this kind of thing, where it's been a day or more and editting my last post wouldn't really be sufficient (because no one would see it), is okay until a mod tells me otherwise.

Edited by isetrh

Could I get a little advice about skill inheritance?

I'm not sure whether to have Donnel!Kjelle inherit Aptitude or Underdog. Is Underdog a good skill postgame? It's basically a better version of most hit/avoid + skills as long as you're not level 20/20. Not sure if it's good on Kjelle, she generally wouldn't have room for it going galeforce/LB/Faire/Luna/Astra

Which Wyvern Rider skill would you recommend for Gregor!Yarne? I thought about Czar_Yoshi's earlier advice, did some calculations, and decided to use AT instead of Str+2, so inheriting Str+2 is no longer mandatory. I'm not sure what would be good though. There's Deliverer, but once Yarne is fully trained there's no need for him to ever be in the front. Str+2 is still a solid option of course. Or maybe a Breaker skill? Not quite sure what's so great about AT on a brave runthrough, I mean it's just spamming golden gaffe and then buying and forging braves, it's not like Infinite Regalia where you have to keep doing it and get lucky.

I'm going to assume that this kind of thing, where it's been a day or more and editting my last post wouldn't really be sufficient (because no one would see it), is okay until a mod tells me otherwise.

I'd go with SB for Yarne personally since you've got a decent chance of being able to still get Yarne ingame with it (Panne is a great Wyvern), and if you ever decide to make Yarne a Berserker for non-Apo postgame, he'll appreciate it.

Underdog is a nice skill. There's not usually room for it on postgame non-dodgetank builds, but when grinding for skills it's almost always active (depending on where you're grinding, of course). I'd go with it for Kjelle.

AT is nice with Braves because Braves effectively lose uses twice as fast, and already have a pretty low base (20 for CG and Eirika's, 30 for everything else). On a double galepair that doesn't get danced, it's possible for one unit to lose 20 uses per turn- and that gets both expensive and annoying (you have to keep Chrom around to restock, and it's possible to lose kills because a weapon breaks mid-battle).

Thanks! I'll go with SB and Underdog.

It's a little sad that I ended up with Virion as a bachelor in my plan. The only thing I can think of to do with him is switch from Vaike!Gerome @ Berserker to Virion!Gerome @ Warrior. Gerome will marry Lon'qu!Severa. If I went with Virion!Gerome (and used Skill+2 instead of Tantivy) the pair's DS would go from 72 to 75 and Gerome would get Bows with a little better hit in exchange for 5 Atk and Severa's ability to double NS and Anna. One little thing to note here is that Gerome is presently my only Axe user (besides Inigo, who will be taking advantage of partial WTC as a DF when not in Apo), while I have five Bow users.

Edited by isetrh

Skl+2 over Tantivity? Nah, you'd want Hit+20. it's the whole point of Bowfaire Gerome.

Oh right. Forgot about that.

Could you repost your pairs one more time?

I would love to. Only didn't because I thought I might be getting a little annoying posting so many slightly different versions.

Sumia @ Dark Flier

LB/GF/TF/Luna/All+2

Chrom @ Bow Knight

LB/Agg/DS+/BF/Charm

Chrom's last slot is aubject to change. BK gives 75 Speed, and I'm not sure I need a fourth Sniper.

Sumia!Lucina @ Dark Flier

LB/GF/DS+/Aether/Luna

Ricken!Laurent @ Sage

LB/Agg/TF/Anathema/All+2

Just enough damage and Hit to get a guarranteed kill against anything that isn't Anna on her throne (could get that too if Lucy dropped Aether for Charm, but dropping Aether is... well, dropping Aether). Doesn't even need the double except against Invincisorc.

Chrom!Cynthia @ Dark Flier

LB/GF/TF/Aether/Luna

Libra!Owain @ Sage

LB/GF/Agg/TF/Vengeance

+Skill-Def FeMU @ Sniper

LB/GF/Deliverer/All+2/AT

Gregor!Yarne @ Assassin

LB/Agg/SF/Agg/All+2

100% DS. A lot of stuff came from your recommendations. The pair has guarranteed kills against almost all enemies, so BF on FeMU would just increase chip against the other few a little, Ignis wouldn't be useful since she'll be sticking to guarranteed kills, and Vengeance would never end up being worth the effort to set up.

Donnel!Kjelle @ Assassin

LB/GF/Luna/Astra/All+2

Gregor!Yarne!Morgan @ Sniper

LB/GF/Agg/BF/Vengeance

100% DS. Pretty much kill whatever they want to. Since Morgan won't end the turn in front, he can avoid getting healed and only have to set up Vengeance once.

Gaius!Noire @ Sniper

LB/GF/BF/Luna/Astra

Henry!Brady @ Sage

LB/GF/Agg/TF/Vengeance

3-range Celica's damage. When Brady is in front he'll be killing mooks, which I believe he'll be pretty good at with 97% DS and Vengeance.

Lon'qu!Severa @ Wyvern Lord

LB/GF/LF/Vengeance/All+2

Vaike!Gerome @ Berserker

LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Tantivy

Only 92% DS, but based on some estimated calcs I did a while back, they can usually miss one and still get the kill.

Frederick!Nah @ Manakete

LB/Deliverer/Pavise/Aegis/Lifetaker

Stahl!Inigo @ Dread Fighter

LB/GF/DG+/AT/Sol

Nah is meant as a tank against L+ Risen. Deliverer gives her more mobility to kill or escape from dangerous enemies. Inigo wasn't needed for my Apo team (though I guess he would be a small upgrade over Gerome), but he looks great paired with a Tankakete. GF represents one more dead Counter mook each turn. AT lets the pair stay away from the Convoy longer. DG+ frees up a skill slot on Nah. Self-healing should be useful. Dread Fighter gives Inigo partial WTC and the ability to hit Def or Res, and the Res boost to Nah helps her tank packs of Sages.

Yep, looks pretty solid. Two things though.

If Lucina has guaranteed kills against everything but Anna, what does she need procs for? They're... Saving weapons and providing a bit of health. If you wanted to, and don't mind more GG grinding, you could swap them out for Charm and Renewal, which would both give you Anna and provide more reliable healing. Of course, the whole point of playing is for fun, and watching stuff get hammered with Aether is usually fun, so it's your call.

Also, Lon'qu!Severa can usually afford to miss more than one DS thanks to her 75 Spd. For reference, her atk: 46(base) +2(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +10(pairup) +5(LF) +2(All+2) +2(tonic) +17(B.lance) =104 before Vengeance. Against NS, that does 32. With a 60 damage (+30) Vengeance boost, she goes to 64 damage total- Gerome just needs to nail one hit out of one DS for that kill. For reference, 150 Atk is needed to 4HKO NS without DSes. Thronie is a bit of a different matter because she'll be attacking him at range to avoid Counter and thus have no Brave (so Gerome can only miss one DS) but since he has no Pavise+ he'll take just as much of a beating from Severa alone as NS (she'd need 167 Atk to 2HKO him thanks to his higher HP).

And a random question for all of you: if it were possible to make a TAS of Awakening (it's currently not, but if it was), would you rather see a playaround of Apo showing off perfect kills and survivals, Counter vs Vengeance strats, insane item management and general awesomeness, or a challenge run with restrictions on how the team is set up (ex: do Apo after Cht.4) instead of in-map gameplay or skill restrictions (video would include the preparation process)?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

What class should I make a Donnel!Kjelle with a hit+20 bowfaire warrior Stahl!Gerome as her husband?

Oh, also, am I correct that Gregor!Inigo is the worst possible Inigo, due to the TCO, or am I wrong? Is there a worse Inigo? And I don't count the collateral damage of using Donnel or Gaius, I'm talking solely about Inigo.

Yep, looks pretty solid. Two things though.

If Lucina has guaranteed kills against everything but Anna, what does she need procs for? They're... Saving weapons and providing a bit of health. If you wanted to, and don't mind more GG grinding, you could swap them out for Charm and Renewal, which would both give you Anna and provide more reliable healing. Of course, the whole point of playing is for fun, and watching stuff get hammered with Aether is usually fun, so it's your call.

Also, Lon'qu!Severa can usually afford to miss more than one DS thanks to her 75 Spd. For reference, her atk: 46(base) +2(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +10(pairup) +5(LF) +2(All+2) +2(tonic) +17(B.lance) =104 before Vengeance. Against NS, that does 32. With a 60 damage (+30) Vengeance boost, she goes to 64 damage total- Gerome just needs to nail one hit out of one DS for that kill. For reference, 150 Atk is needed to 4HKO NS without DSes. Thronie is a bit of a different matter because she'll be attacking him at range to avoid Counter and thus have no Brave (so Gerome can only miss one DS) but since he has no Pavise+ he'll take just as much of a beating from Severa alone as NS (she'd need 167 Atk to 2HKO him thanks to his higher HP).

And a random question for all of you: if it were possible to make a TAS of Awakening (it's currently not, but if it was), would you rather see a playaround of Apo showing off perfect kills and survivals, Counter vs Vengeance strats, insane item management and general awesomeness, or a challenge run with restrictions on how the team is set up (ex: do Apo after Cht.4) instead of in-map gameplay or skill restrictions (video would include the preparation process)?

Thanks, I guess Charm/Renewal would be the best option. Cynthia is always there for my Aether needs.

I didn't realize Gerome could miss that much. If I'm not mistaken, startung from full HP Severa can do 39 damage with Vengeance--8 on the first hit, 9 on the second since she's taken 8, 10 on the third since she's taken 17, and then 12 when she's taken 27. If I give Gerome Str+2 instead of Tantivy he can kill in this scenario with only 2 hits. That probability calculation looks pretty complicated and I'm rusty on permutations, but I bet the chances are pretty good, especially if someone with Charm is nearby to give perfect Hit.

Both of those videos sound fun, but I would choose the restricted run. What's your Youtube? I want to subscribe.

Edit: Didn't see Alastor' post until I was done. That's too bad about Fortify. Donnel!Inigo is probanly worse, because of mods and the only new class isn't really one that Inigo needs, though I guess there could be a strategy involving Underdog.

Edited by isetrh

Edit: Didn't see Alastor' post until I was done. That's too bad about Fortify. Donnel!Inigo is probanly worse, because of mods and the only new class isn't really one that Inigo needs, though I guess there could be a strategy involving Underdog.

No big deal, It's not like that Morgan doesn't have the skill to pull off the other procs effectively.

I didn't realize Gerome could miss that much. If I'm not mistaken, startung from full HP Severa can do 39 damage with Vengeance--8 on the first hit, 9 on the second since she's taken 8, 10 on the third since she's taken 17, and then 12 when she's taken 27. If I give Gerome Str+2 instead of Tantivy he can kill in this scenario with only 2 hits. That probability calculation looks pretty complicated and I'm rusty on permutations, but I bet the chances are pretty good, especially if someone with Charm is nearby to give perfect Hit.

Both of those videos sound fun, but I would choose the restricted run. What's your Youtube? I want to subscribe.

NS doesn't have Counter.

No Youtube yet, sorry. I tend to do more theorycrafting than actual playing. If I ever did start uploading my stuff, it would probably be on Twitch instead (much less work choosing what I want to upload, editing etc).

NS doesn't have Counter.

Oh. Whoops. I guess I'll leave Tantivy then.

I also messed up with another thing. I was thinking that Charm was 10 Hit instead of 5, so giving it to Lucy wouldn't actually be enough to 100% Anna. Either Laurent would have to also swap Anathema for Hex, or Lucina would need to take TF so Laurent could swap All+2 for Hex. Or I could combine the two to give the team more Aura support.

Lucina @ Dark Flier

LB/GF/DS+/TF/Charm

Ricken!Laurent @ Sage

LB/Agg/TF/Hex/Anathema

That should still be able to 100% kill anything unless I made another mistake.

Hex is 1 range. You can't safely fight Anna at 1 range without a ton of Def due to her having an Aether/Counter combo. You'd have to put it on a staffbot next to them.

Is Laurent already using a max Hit forge?

...He was not. I was about to say the pair didn't have enough damage that way, but since Anna doesn't have Aegis+, Lucina inflicts plenty by herself to make up for the difference. So I don't even need Charm. Sorry for missing something so obvious.

Sumia!Lucina @ Dark Flier

LB/GF/DS+/Aether/Luna

Ricken!Laurent @ Sage

LB/Agg/TF/Anathema/All+2

Just enough damage and Hit to get a guarranteed kill against anything that isn't Anna on her throne (could get that too if Lucy dropped Aether for Charm, but dropping Aether is... well, dropping Aether). Doesn't even need the double except against Invincisorc.

Is there any particular reason why Ricken!Laurent isn't running Hit +20 over Anathema?

Is there any particular reason why Ricken!Laurent isn't running Hit +20 over Anathema?

Lucina does need a little extra Hit, but Hit+20 is still a great idea, thanks! I think I'll replace All+2 with it, so that both Lucina and Laurent have perfect Hit.