• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Sumia!Lucina (Dark Flier: LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DS+) should have 264 hit on standard Celica's Gale with just a Sage S support, unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Zoran

Your Sumia!Lucina (Dark Flier: LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DS+) should have 264 hit on standard Celica's Gale with just a Sage S support, unless I'm missing something.

...I completely forgot about the +15 Hit from an S rank. On every single one of my pairings. For however many weeks I've been making this team. I am an idiot.

That makes sense. Well, it doesn't change anything with the team I've made, besides Lucina x Laurent. I'll swap Anathema for Hit+20. I just finished Renown grinding and started my optimization file. Time to reset for good Speed, Magic, and Defense.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Ϲharlie, October 13, 2014 - Wrong thread
Hidden by Ϲharlie, October 13, 2014 - Wrong thread

I posted this in the wrong thread. I meant to post in Lunatic club. I didn't notice I hit the wrong thing on my phone. I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

Edited by isetrh

Looking for some quick tips on child pairings since I've just been running myself in circles. :0 I'm on Luna+ but even then some things are weird though alot I would think is pretty standard. Would love something to work off of. I already did all the recruiting so can't make changes to parents, but I passed the relevant skills like galeforces, or things like axefaire in severa's case.

I have dlc, but no allstats+2 or Dread Fighter which is where I start getting issues just following what I've read here...

Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan, MU is +speed/-luck

Libra!Owain

Donnel!Kjelle

Ricken!Laurent

Henry!Cynthia

Frederick!Yarne

Vaike!Severa

Virion!Nah

Gaius!Noire

Stahl!Inigo

Gregor!Gerome

Again even just a few pointers on what I should look to try for pairings/skillwise would be great, I really am lost in this. I constantly keep starting and moving things around that I haven't even been playing just fiddling in my notebook. >.>

Since you've got all the children recruited I'm assuming you're grinding and care primarily about Apo and maybe the Challenge Pack/Risen. If you tell me exactly what you want this team to do, I can be more specific. I also don't know how much you know, so if you need clarification on any of this just say so.

So the main two things you want to start with going for are making sure that your units' classes fit their mods, and that pairs' classes' pairup boosts fit eachother. For example, that Cynthia has a Str mod of 0 and a Mag mod of 2- so it makes more sense for her to be a Dark Flier or Sage than a Falco or Assassin. Similarly, it makes more sense to pair a Warrior with a Paladin than to pair a Warrior with a Sage. There's a chart of pairup bonuses here: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/pair-up/

For your units, Morgan is predominantly magical, Brady/Lucina are magical, Avatar could go either way, Owain is magical, Kjelle is physical, Laurent is magical, Cynthia is magical, Yarne is physical,Severa is physical, Nah could go either way, Noire could go either way but leans physical, Inigo is physical, and Gerome is physical. So you'll probably want to split your pairs into two groups: Morgan/Cynthia/Nah x Owain/Laurent/Brady going magical and Kjelle/Severa/Noire x Yarne/Inigo/Gerome. Avatar and Lucina will want to be magical. It's up to you whether Chrom and Maribelle are magical or don't fight.

So pretty much any combination in those groups will be OK, except for Laurent x Nah- you want every pair to have at least one Galeforce and both of them lack it. I'd also strongly recommend giving Morgan and Severa top choice of husbands within their groups, as they're the best females there.

Skillsets aren't too much of a problem. I'd go

Lucina (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DSt+)

Avatar (LB/Faire/filler/filler/filler)

Brady (LB/GF/Luna/Tomefaire/filler)

Owain (LB/GF/Vengeance/Tomefaire/filler)

Kjelle (LB/GF/Luna/Astra/filler)

Laurent (LB/TF/filler/filler/filler)

Cynthia (LB/GF/proc/TF/filler)

Yarne (LB/Faire/filler/filler/filler)

Severa (LB/GF/proc/Axefaire/filler)

Nah (LB/Faire/Skl+2/Atk+2/filler)

Noire (LB/GF/Luna/Astra/Faire)

Inigo (LB/GF/Luna/Astra/Faire)

Gerome (LB/Faire/filler/filler/filler)

OK, there are a lot of filler skills there. There are several ways we could take them, but they mostly depend on what classes you'll be using.

Lucina and Avatar have a lot of options. Lucina will likely want to be a Dark Flier- she's also got Sage, but DF's extra Mov is important. Avatar can support that as a Sage fairly well, but if you want to get creative he could also go Grandmaster for 4 more Spd, or Berserker for better dual strikes- this would give a support bonus imbalance, but it might be worth it. If Avatar does go Berserker, he'll definitely want Hit+20 and maybe Anathema. Otherwise, Mag+2 is a solid skill, and Anathema could still be useful. If you do make Lucina a Sage, consider Deliverer on Avatar. Avatar also has access to Armsthrift, which cuts down on grinding time if you have nothing better to use.

Brady should always be a Sage. His final skill is up for grabs since you have no Agg- Lifetaker is a strong candidate, and outside of Apo he could use Dual Guard+ or Aegis for better survivability. He also has Bowbreaker, which has situational use but would be good to keep on hand.

Owain is in the same boat as Brady (stay Sage- he has Sorc for non-Apo if you want to use it, but it kind of ruins the fun), and could take Lifetaker if he wanted- which works nicely with Vengeance against the Risen. He also has several +crit skills (Anathema, Gamble, Focus and Wrath) that are all appealing. Finally, outside of Apo he could use Counter himself- which works well with his low defenses.

Kjelle has Hero, Paladin and Assassin as good options. Outside of Apo, she could also make a nice Wyvern Lord if you want. Deliverer is a strong candidate for her last slot, particularly as a Hero or Assassin. She also has AT access. Sol is a good option outside of Apo as well, but if you use it you may want to swap one of Luna or Astra for another skill.

Laurent's pool isn't very big. He'll want to stick with Sage, and since he's always going to be in the rear, Vengeance/Luna and the like don't matter to him. Mag+2, Anathema, Dual Guard+, and Skl+2 are all options for him.

Cynthia makes a great Dark Flier, but she can also go Sage if she wants to. Like Owain, avoid Sorc in Apo. She's got two different procs to work with here: Vengeance and Luna. You'll have to choose one of them, because they shouldn't be ran at the same time- having Luna equipped prevents Vengeance from triggering with 100% accuracy, making your damage more random (and sometimes lower if your Vengeance boost was high enough). Luna provides a randomly activating boost based on the enemy you're fighting, while Vengeance provides an always activating boost based on your current condition- neither one is really better, and it's up t you which one to pick. For Cynthia's filler skill, she has Anathema, Lifetaker, Renewal, several Breakers and Mov+1 to pick from, as well as Wrath if you passed it down.

Yarne's best bet is generally as a Sniper, Assassin or Berserker. Frederick!Yarne can only pull off Berserker well, so that's what he'll be. He wants lots of +Hit skills for his three fillers, Tantivity and one of Indoor/Outdoor Fighter are good starting points. A Breaker might also be wise, Swordbreaker is a must outside of Apo. If he marries Lucina, use Lancebreaker when in Apo, otherwise it's not as important. You should also keep Lucky 7 in mind when not in Apo.

That Severa fits Hero perfectly. Like Cynthia, she can choose between Vengeance and Luna for her proc, and has one spare slot- AT, Anathema, and Mov+1 are all options. Outside of Apo, Axebreaker, Sol and Lucky 7 are good choices- but if you use Sol, make sure to run it alongside Luna and not Vengeance.

Virion!Nah always winds up as a Sniper or a Sage. Since yours is magical, you'll want her as a Sage- with Mag+2 as your Atk+2 skill of choice. The rest of her skillset is bone dry, you might see use from Hit+20 against enemies with Tomebreaker but that's about it. She could run Deliverer if her husband has 6 Mov, I guess.

Noire has another choice between Vengeance and Luna, but since she's also got Astra (which combos well with Luna but poorly with Vengeance) I recommend Luna. Her skillset is full, so you just need to pick a class: Sniper and Assassin are some of her best bets. If you have Bride, she can work well as one of those too.

Inigo has a ton of good classes: Paladin, Sniper, Assassin, Hero, and Berserker. I put Astra into his skillset where Agg would go, but you can remove it if you need more room for something- AT might be nice against Risen, and he'll need Hit+20 as a Berserker.

Gerome is just like Yarne- he's best as a Berserker and just wants +Hit skills. Tantivity is free, you'll have to make do with breakers for the rest (he has a pretty good selection, don't worry). Sword is the best outside of Apo, in it, Lance and Bow (and maybe Axe) will see more use.

EDIT- wow, that post is massive. Spoiler time.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Oh wow that was way more than expected lol tyvm. And yea this is mostly for postgame dlc maps into eventual Apo. When I was doing this I kept ending up with a pile skeleton builds not knowing where to connect them. Like alot of my starts would just be a pile of sages, and I could never make Kjelle work right. >.>

I'll pick through this more and add to my notes before I do any followup questions. :)

So you specifically are going for Apo, already know how individual builds work and are trying to connect your team in a better-than-cookie-cutter fashion?

Do you know how to do battle calculations (get stat totals for your units, Hit/Avo rates, do damage calcs, account for True Hit, and find the chances of death)? If not, I'll talk about those next. If so, go ahead and post whatever skeletons you have.

And for everyone else, I've made more revisions to my 100% DS team and actually managed to squeeze out Virion!Severa, Faires on everyone, better non-100% mode performance, and some extra aesthetics (and I routed a guaranteed TAS-style Thronie kill!). Here it is for review:

Katarina@Falco (Spc/Hrt/Skl/Str/Mov)

Palla@Falco (Spc/Hrt/Skl/Str/Mov)

Someone@Falco (Spc/Hrt/Skl/Def/Mov)

Micaiah@Valkyrie (LB/GF/TF/Anathema/SGift) (doubles as Mire user)

Sumia x Chrom

Sumia!Lucina@Falco (LB/GF/LF/DS+/Charm) x Libra!Owain@Berserker (LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Hex)

Henry!Inigo@Assassin (LB/All+2/GF/Agg/SF) x Fred!Noire@Sniper-B (LB/BF/All+2/Defender/Skl+2)

Gaius!Kjelle@Assassin-B (LB/All+2/GF/SF/Defender) x Vaike!Yarne@Hero (LB/Agg/All+2/Str+2/AF)

Chrom!Cynthia@Falco (LB/All+2/Defender/GF/LF) x Avatar@Sniper (LB/Agg/BF/All+2/Skl+2)

Lon'qu!Brady@Assassin (LB/Agg/All+2/GF/SF) x Stahl!Nah@Sniper (LB/BF/All+2/Deliverer/Skl+2)

Virion!Severa@Sniper (LB/GF/All+2/Deliverer/BF) x Gregor!Laurent@Assassin (LB/Agg/SF/All+2/AT)

Morgan@Falco (LB/All+2/Defender/GF/LF) x Ricken!Gerome@Sniper (LB/Agg/BF/All+2/Skl+2)

If anyone wants to contribute, now's the time, because it's almost done. Stuff still to do: find out whether I'd benefit from swapping Ricken and Stahl (Brady lacks an Agg support so I'd rather give Nah the higher Atk father, but if I can get away with the swap both Nah and Gerome will benefit from it outside of 100% mode), find something useful for Chrom and Sumia to do, tweak Katarina a bit more (I had her poking one of Anna's Helswath Berserkers to make it possible for Lucina to gale it, but am now going with a different strat and Katarina's free again), and finish routing the rest of Apo. I'm a little sad that I can't have Henry!Nah, but that's impossible without sacrificing my goal of Faires on everyone and then some.

What's the best way to renown grind?

Grind GG for lots of cash using AT/GF/Boots Logbook units on Auto on a fairly new file. Summon Risen, Merchants, Streetpass and Spotpass teams until there's only one spot open on the map. Summon Wolt, recruit, repeat. It's probably possible to get it all in 6 hours using that method if you're really good with menus (try counting how many Wolts Per Minute you're getting, it's both an excellent passtime and motivates you to go faster).

That's the fastest way to get it if you just care about Renown. However, you can fight all those Wolts instead and skip the GG grinding if you want to- it'll take much longer, but you can also work on your Support Log at the same time.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

So you specifically are going for Apo, already know how individual builds work and are trying to connect your team in a better-than-cookie-cutter fashion?

Do you know how to do battle calculations (get stat totals for your units, Hit/Avo rates, do damage calcs, account for True Hit, and find the chances of death)? If not, I'll talk about those next. If so, go ahead and post whatever skeletons you have.

Yes to first, only partially the second. :3

I was gonna do the hard calcs and such once I cleared everything up to Apo but thinking on it now it might be better to do ahead of time (for obvious reasons). I do have a question though, is double gale a higher priority on stronger units? Like Laurent has to go to either Morgan or Cynthia, both of which I would like to make Dark Fliers, unless I wanted to make Noire go magic over Sniper but that doesn't really solve the problem. I thought since he never was going main it would be best to pair with Morgan to boost her magic..but is that a waste for her? Maybe my problem is I'm trying to pair and use everyone?

I blame myself jumping in headfirst thinking I had a plan and then finding it alot harder than I thought. (That and there was a period where I thought I'd never get past chapter 2, but props to the Interceptor guide I found here!)

*Is there an easy reference for the stats of Apo stuff? If not I'll just dig around and write it down.

Edited by xentim

Apo stuff: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Awakening_Enemy_Data:_Apotheosis

Thanks to Tables, most of the Lunatic(+) enemy data is there too. There are also three stat thresholds you want to keep in mind when making an Apo team: 75 Spd to double everything (69 is the next bracket, don't bother adding more Spd if you only go from 69 to 74), 220 Hit to have 100% Hit against all non-bosses before WTD, and 160 combined Skl between the lead and support to get 100% DS without DS+ and wit an S support.

All calculations/formula stuff is here: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/calculations/

Double Galepairs are handy, but the jump from one Galeforce to two Galeforces isn't as big as the jump from none to one. You'll get more attacks per turn total if you use 7 pairs, 2 of which are doubles than you will if you use 6 pairs, 3 of which are double. However, attacks per turn isn't everything, and if you want to go with a smaller team it'll still work very well provided you don't fall below 10 attacks per turn (then stuff starts getting tight).

The threshold before 75 is 69, right? What does that threshold do? Because since that seems to be the only threshold my Donnel!Kjelle is capable of reaching with her Bowfaire Warrior husband, I figure that's probably the threshold I should aim for, and Hero!Kjelle reaches that exactly, at 44 speed with class and mods before adding in anything. So that's the motivation I have for choosing Hero Donnel!Kjelle instead of Assassin Donnel!Kjelle, since the extra speed of assassin breaks no new thresholds. But then Assassin also offers bow access, and thereby pavgis spread on a pair that only has one galeforce user, meaning that the ability to attack either shield would be highly useful...

Any thoughts?

69 is for Thronie. Bows are pretty weak against him thanks to his Aegis and 67 Def, and if you want to attack him with Swords you're going to feel a lot of pain from Counter- he'll kill you for sure if you haven't ran your calcs.

69 is for Thronie. Bows are pretty weak against him thanks to his Aegis and 67 Def, and if you want to attack him with Swords you're going to feel a lot of pain from Counter- he'll kill you for sure if you haven't ran your calcs.

Sounds like, since I'm not using braves, hero's the best option because helswath.

With Ranged Melee Ragnell will serve you better in terms of mitigating damage.

You might want to look into attacking him with Levin. It never stacks up against Braves, but a unit dedicated to doing it (along with Vengeance, of course) can really do a number on him.

Hey all! Occasional lurker here in the Pairings thread, but it has been a long time since I played this game. After losing my previous SD card, I've finally redownloaded FE:A and all of the DLC I had previously purchased (most of the relevant ones in terms of skills & classes), and am looking to start getting back into the swing of things again in terms of optimization and all that jazz.

To get used to playing FE again I got up to around Chapter 15 in a Female MU Hard Mode run, but locked in several of my pairings already for that sexy S-rank Dual Strike bonus ingame. None of my pairings thus far are particularly crippling I think, but I would like some advice on my remaining pairings and where to go from here.

Confirmed (S-ranked):

Chrom X Female MU (+Spd/-Luck) - Super high speed mod

Sumia X Frederick - Fairly slow & physical Cynthia, high Skl mod for potential 100% DS

Cordelia X Stahl - Sniper!Severa? Or maybe just Hero? Unsure what physical classes are considered good nowadays tbh, but Galeforce + Luna is always nice

Sully X Gregor - Physical Kjelle without Galeforce, potential 100% DS as well

Panne X Lonqu - Godly Skl & Spd mods, though the latter is kind of wasted on him

Speculative (not S-ranked yet):

Lissa X Ricken - Standard Sage Owain pairing

Olivia X Kellam - Luna leftovers

Maribelle X Virion - Dat Spd mod

Cherche X Henry (?) - Physical support

Miriel X (?) - Ehhhhh

Tharja X Gaius - Galeforce & Luna, me like

Nowi X Vaike (?) / Donnel (?) - No clue here, it's a tossup between Luna OR Galeforce & lacklustre mods

Laurent ends up getting the shaft here, not really salvageable with the fathers left. If theres a better-recommended shuffle between the remaining parents, let me know. Of note is that I have relatively few magical Galeforce girls, so Morgan might end up becoming physical (which is fine given his mods, which are fairly balanced).

I have been out of the loop in terms of optimization since last year, so I honestly don't have the foggiest of what the current meta is like. Back when I played, everyone loved the shit out of Luna & DG+, but I get the feeling the latter is barely used anymore for consistency purposes.h

Also, to make sure Im getting the math right, gonna post some calculations with MU & Chrom since these 2 as a pair are pretty much a given in Apo.

Female MU (+Spd/-Luck) @ Dark Flier LB/GF/Luna/Tomefaire/Deliverer(?)

Skl = 53 + 12 (rally & tonic) = 65, Spd = 56 + 12 (rally & tonic) = 68

Chrom @ Bow Knight LB/DS+/Agg/Bowfaire/Charm

Skl = 54 + 12 (rally & tonic) = 66, Spd = 52 + 12 (rally & tonic) = 64

MU has 68 + (3 + 3 + 2) = 76 Speed while Leading thank to Bow Knight Pair Up bonus at S-rank support, doubling everything.

With MU lead, dual strike chance is:

65 + 66 = 131/4 + 60 = 92.75% without Dual Strike+, however thanks DS+ makes this auto-100%.

Are these calculations right? Just want to make sure that Im using the formulas correctly.

Regarding MUs last slot, no clue what to put here. Deliverer is nice for the extra movement utility, but unsure if theres a superior option. Maybe something like Lifetaker or Renewal for utility healing? AS+2 seems superfluous given that she hits 100% DS and 75 Spd benchmarks with Chrom.

As an aside, how should I set up Staffbots/Rallybots? Ive heard its fairly superfluous/preference, but do you guys here have any recommendations? I dont have Palla DLC but do have Rally Heart for full Rally access.

Edited by Starman

Deliverer might not be necessary with a bow knight support, I mean you've already got 9 move that way anyway. I'd put in Ignis instead of deliverer. And if you wind up deciding to use deliverer anyway, get rid of Luna. Ignis+Luna is an amazing proc rate, but if you must choose one, Ignis is pretty much always superior when you've got a weapon-and-magic class that primarily uses magic. Lower overall defensive stats and higher overall strength makes Ignis far superior.

Here's a 100% Dual Strike team that uses Donnel's Galeforce and gives a proc to all of the leads:

Chrom & Sumia

Avatar (+SKL/-DEF) [sniper: BF/Agg/All+2/Skl+2] &

Chrom!Cynthia [Falcon Knight: GF/Luna/All+2/Defender]

8 flying movement, 75+ Speed, Agg support

Stahl!Yarne [sniper: BF/Agg/All+2/Skl+2] &

Donnel!Kjelle [Assassin: GF/Luna/All+2/Deliverer]

8 movement, 75+ Speed, Agg support

Sumia!Lucina [sage: GF/Tomefaire/All+2/DS+] &

Libra!Owain [sage: GF/Vengeance/Vantage/All+2]

VVDS+ with 74 Res lead, 69+ Speed, double Galeforce

Virion!Nah [sniper: BF/All+2/Skl+2/Hit+20] &

Henry!Brady [Assassin: GF/Luna/Agg/All+2]

69+ Speed, perfect Hit (whether Brady uses Brave Bow or Sword)

Lon'qu!Laurent [Assassin: SF/Agg/All+2/Lancebreaker] &

Gaius!Noire [sniper: GF/Luna/All+2/Skl+2]

75+ Speed Sniper, Agg support, perfect Hit (except with Double Bow)

Frederick!Inigo [Assassin: GF/Luna/Agg/All+2] &

Ricken!Severa [sniper: GF/Luna/All+2/Skl+2]

Double Galeforce, 75+ Speed Sniper

Gregor!Gerome [Assassin: SF/Agg/All+2/Lancebreaker] &

Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan [Falcon Knight: GF/Ignis/All+2/Skl+2 OR Sniper: GF/Aether/Ignis/All+2]

8 flying movement OR Aether + Ignis + 75 Speed Sniper; both have perfect Hit

The Skill requirements to pull this off are incredibly tight, but perhaps there is still a way you could shuffle things around to give one more point of Skill to Gerome; then you could run Morgan as a Sniper with GF/Aether/Ignis/Deliverer to have an amazing 8 Mov unit.

Edit: Gerome can steal Ricken from Severa to do this, but then you need to make Gerome a Sniper, and Morgan misses out on 75 Speed. Virion!Gerome has the same issue, so you'd need to somehow get Lon'qu!Gerome or Stahl!Gerome. I don't think that's doable.

Edited by Zoran

Here's a 100% Dual Strike team that uses Donnel's Galeforce and gives a proc to all of the leads:

I'm not sure if you read my post, but some of my pairings are already locked in, so this particular setup impossible for me.

I will however likely use some 100% DS pairings, so this gives me lots to think about.

Deliverer might not be necessary with a bow knight support, I mean you've already got 9 move that way anyway. I'd put in Ignis instead of deliverer. And if you wind up deciding to use deliverer anyway, get rid of Luna. Ignis+Luna is an amazing proc rate, but if you must choose one, Ignis is pretty much always superior when you've got a weapon-and-magic class that primarily uses magic. Lower overall defensive stats and higher overall strength makes Ignis far superior.

I forgot double proc is a thing since Luna & Aether is a common combo on Lucina/Cynthia, will probably do this for added consistency. Didn't cross my mind at all, thanks!

I have been out of the loop in terms of optimization since last year, so I honestly don't have the foggiest of what the current meta is like. Back when I played, everyone loved the shit out of Luna & DG+, but I get the feeling the latter is barely used anymore for consistency purposes.h

DG+ is pretty much just filler now. Luna isn't that important either- hard supports have no use for it at all, and Vengeance is equally viable as a proc. Severa probably benefits most from not requiring Luna to lead, as Lon'qu and Virion are otherwise fabulous fathers for her who don't give Luna. Vaike!Nah is pretty good, but she probably won't want to run Luna.

Your numbers are correct, but I advise doing the calculations all at once, showing all the components separately (eg: Avatar's Spd: 42(base) +4(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +8(pairup) +2(tonic) =76) because it's both a more compact format and makes it easier to spot errors. Also, everything rounds down in Awakening, so your 92.75 DS would round to 92.

For staffbots, there are two primary qualities you can focus on: Rescue Range (Mag) and utility (+Hit skills, movement, etc). The two main classes are Valkyrie and Falco- Falco can fly, Valkyrie has slightly more Mag and Valflame access. Good skill options are LB (+5 Range), TF (for Valkyries), Lancefaire (for Falcos with Shocksticks), All+2, Mag+2, Acrobat (for Valkyries), Mov+1, Hex, Anathema, Charm (Minerva, DLC!Elincia, Nanna and Raquesis), and DSp+. All Staffbots should ideally be recruited from the Logbook so they can all have Boots.

Two ways to do Rallybots: either have two of them with all 10 rallies between them (1 male and 1 female, or 2 females, one of which is Palla or Katarina), or build your team to operate with just five rallies and either have one Rallybot with all those to make room for an extra Staffbot or include a second copy of your Rallybot so your team can split up better. Either way, all Rallybots should be in flying classes with Logbook Boots.

I'm not sure whether you're talking to me or BK, but I'll assume the former. Either way, I should probably explain why my team uses no procs (and some of the other oddities present in it).

Basically, the idea of having 8 pairs with 100% DS is consistency- I'm trying to make a team as conducive to planning in advance is possible. Procs introduce randomness there (yes, even Vengeance- DGs happen very often), and while that minimum damage output is still quite high, it's got a lot of randomness involved. Without procs, I can be sure of how much damage my enemies will take (even crits won't stop me- my highest lead Skl is 86, giving 53 crit with the support bonus. I'm deliberately avoiding Anathema and DSp+ to keep this below 55- Micaiah's is only for Thronie), and thus make incredible strats like my current Thronie kill (a 1 HP Lucina takes off his last 3 HP with a 4 damage hit from a Brave Lance, assuming the DG fails) possible. I'll still have listed crit on the Generals on Wave 0, but that's not a big deal.

I've also got Faires on everyone, so my base damage is significantly higher than a proc team.

I lack Rally Spd, by the way, so having 75 Spd on as many pairs as possible isn't really a concern- I've already got 76 on Lucina and 80 on Kjelle without it anyway, and that's plenty for Apo.

Opting out of using Tomes was a deliberate choice on my part. I'm not sure that my team is any stronger for it, and it was mostly an aesthetic choice, but it does make things both simpler and more interesting: I have to put in a little more effort on my Boss strats, but I don't have to mess with CG's lower usage count, I don't have to be bothered by not having Rally Mag, and I wasn't going to use Vengeance anyway so I'm not losing any VV potential. I'd also lose Lucina's 75 Spd is I made her go Magical, which isn't what I want. I still haven't decided what to do with Chrom and Sumia, though, and there's a possibility I'll give them Tomes as an option.

Also, my team is specifically built to counter wasted turns caused by having no targets- I've got 8 Mov on everyone and three identical Rallybots (mostly- one has Def over Str because there are only two Str users and I needed one with Def and not Str for Thronie). As long as I keep enemy spawn locations in mind, I'll have a very low amount of wasted turns despite not having Donnel's Galeforce- this team is incredibly efficient on those lines. And I think I got a pretty good deal out of dumping Donnel, my team has undergone quite a few changes since then but I'm positive I wouldn't have gotten as much as I currently have out of it.

And finally, I took care to ensure that my team remains capable of becoming a top-tier "normal" team should I decide to turn off 100% DS mode- all of my pairs have their procs ready and plenty of synergy, and I even got Virion!Severa with a Berserker who has +Hit skills and can go magical should she want to too.

Anyway, congrats on joining the "designed a 100% DS team" club! You are now one of its... Two members.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Oh, that post wasn't meant to be a suggestion for changing your team, Czar_Yoshi. I picked up on the fact that you were going for absolute reliability by dropping all procs. But you mentioned earlier that you decided to ditch Donnel, and that made me curious whether you could use him. Turns out that you can, and you can even do it while making kids who are good outside a 100% DS setting.

I found a solution to the problem I posed at the end of my last post: you can send Lon'qu to Gerome for +1 Skill, Gregor to Severa@Assassin, and Ricken to Laurent@Sniper. Unfortunately, this makes Laurent nearly the worst support Sniper in the world.