Hello I recently got my 3DS with Awakening working again so I've been playing through and have a few children I need to get.

I have Donnel!Kjelle, Vaike!Nah, Gaius!Noire, OliviaXChrom, Fredrick!Gerome but I have not paired anyone else as I don't really have an idea what I want from them for the record I have a FEMU for Galeforce and only Lucina and Inigo came before I beat the game (It was a no second gen/MU reclass actually only Olivia was allowed to reclass for Galeforce)

What you you recommend for the rest of the children and what kind of final build should they run?

Edited by Dragrath

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Donnel!Kjelle, Vaike!Nah, Gaius!Noire, OliviaXChrom, Fredrick!Gerome but I have not paired anyone else as I don't really have an idea what I want from them for the record I have a FEMU for Galeforce and only Lucina and Inigo came before I beat the game (It was a no second gen/MU reclass actually only Olivia was allowed to reclass for Galeforce)

Since you're FeMU, for optimizing Morgan, you should marry a 2nd gen character. What is your asset and flaw?

For optimizing, I recommend:

Sage Ricken!Owain

Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia

Hero Stahl!Severa

Berserker Lon'qu!Yarne

Sage Gregor!Laurent

Brady really only cares about mods, so from the remaining fathers we're looking at Virion or Libra.

Virion's mods: Libra's mods:

Str -2 Mag +3 Skl +4 Spd +3 Lck +3 Def -4 Res +3 Str -2 Mag +4 Skl +3 Spd +1 Lck +3 Def -2 Res +4

Outside of having +1 Mag higher than Virion, Libra also offers Sorcerer. But in the end, you'll want Brady as a Sage, so I'd recommend going for Virion because of better Skill and Speed mods.

The Galeforce-boys (Inigo, Owain, Brady) should run LB/GF/Aggressor/Luna/Faire. Inigo has the choice between Swordfaire Paladin, Axefaire Berserker or Bowfaire Assassin/Sniper. I'd recommend Sniper simply because of Longbow/Double Bow. The girls want to run similar setups, only replacing Aggressor with another proc skill.

It's a fact that females are better leads (aside from Morgan), and so the rest of the boys lack GF and should therefore be hard supports. Skill setups generally include a combination between LB/Aggressor/Faire and then two skills of your choice between DSp+/Anathema (Hex)/DG+/Deliverer and HR+20/Breaker (for increased hit rate whenever that would be needed). Armsthrift is always a good choice. Laurent makes for a great lead with Armsthrift+VVW in both Sage and Sorcerer, but it's not completely reliable unless you calculate for 100% dual strikes -- and if you go the Sorcerer-route with Aversa's Night, the damage isn't consistent...

Kjelle works best as a Helswath Hero, but also functions well in classes like Paladin or Wyvern Lord, since you have both Lance- and Axefaire. Nah generally wants to remain as a Manakete with Luna+Sol (Wrath is also cool if you passed that down), but she can also do Axefaire Hero/Wyvern Lord support. Great Knight is also an option, but...meh. Noire works well as an Assassin/Sniper or Dark Knight/Dark Flier/Falcon Knight. You're missing Tomefaire, so tome-classes aren't as good as they could be, but they still work since you have access to Sword- and Lancefaire.

Lucina wants LB/GF/DS+/Luna or Aether/Sword- or Lancefaire. Lucina x Morgan makes for a pretty broken pair.

Personal advice: if you do or don't go with the pairings listed, I think you should just experiment with different sets and things you prefer. There is no end-all-be-all skill-list. While some are way more optimal than others, less optimal setups still get the job done. I'm doing PavGis Frederick!Owain right now, and it's terrible. But I still like it, haha. You want to have fun with the game after all, and avoid letting it become work...unless that's your thing.

RESCUE IS YOUR BESTFRIEND.

Edited by Val'air

A few corrections.

It's a fact that females are better leads (aside from Morgan)

Laurent makes for a great lead with Armsthrift+VVW in both Sage and Sorcerer

Kjelle works best as a Helswath Hero

Nah generally wants to remain as a Manakete with Luna+Sol (Wrath is also cool if you passed that down)

Lucina wants LB/GF/DS+/Luna or Aether/Sword- or Lancefaire.

1. No, Morgan-M is still better as a support.

2. Wrath isn't very good outside of fully dedicated crit builds, and in non-Apo contexts shouldn't even be active. VVW is an old and too RNG-reliant strategy.

3. No, she works best as a Paladin or Wyvern Lord. They have better Mov and in Wyvern's case Atk and Hero doesn't hit any notable thresholds they don't.

4. Luna + Sol is a bad combo due to Sol taking precedence over Luna- if you need a pseudo-Aether for whatever reason Sol/Astra is better (Vaike!Nah doesn't have that though). Wrath is also bad when not combined with high crit weapons. Vaike!Nah's best bet is an Axefaire Hero with only one of Sol/Luna depending on context.

5. Lucina should always be running both Aether and Luna unless she's a hard support for VV strats on extreme challenge runs. It outdamages even Agg on average, let alone a Faire.

So I'm at Chapter 7 in my Lunatic run, and female Avatar is a level 5 Pegasus Knight and has a S support with Chrom. Should I promote female Avatar at level 10 to get to Dark Flier sooner?

Fred is level 10 I think and has an A support with Sumia. Sumia has been surprisingly useful to boost Fred's SPD.

The first Risen appeared on the map after Chapter 4, and they had forged Silver, Thoron and Nosferatu. A promoted Risen appeared on the map after Chapter 6. There are no words, though the shopkeeper was in one of the fights and was rather tough with 60 HP and 20 DEF. She could take more hits than my units!

Panne is turning out pretty well, so I plan on trying to use her, Cordelia and Nowi in the long run. I will Second Seal Panne to Wyvern at level 10 since I got another Second Seal from the shopkeeper. Who would be good potential S pairings for them? I'm thinking Lon'Qu for Panne, maybe Henry for Cordelia and Gregor or Gaius for Nowi. I haven't used my other units much so they are all pretty far behind.

Edited by Eselred

There's no such thing as a powerful Taguel.

Hrmm. Well, I think, in my case, I'll keep Panne as a Taguel. It's fitting that way.

And if you recall, Sir Yoshi, my idea of what's fitting tends to go against the better option. *cough Donnel!Brady cough*

But on Yarne's behalf, with Stahl as the Father, I plan on having Yarne as a Beserker. Thing is, due to Panne not passing down her Wyvern Line, I'm debating on LanceBreaker, or SwordBreaker.

LanceBreaker for the purpose of avoiding Beast Killers, or SwordBreakers, due to him being an Axe Wielder.

1. No, Morgan-M is still better as a support.

2. Wrath isn't very good outside of fully dedicated crit builds, and in non-Apo contexts shouldn't even be active. VVW is an old and too RNG-reliant strategy.

3. No, she works best as a Paladin or Wyvern Lord. They have better Mov and in Wyvern's case Atk and Hero doesn't hit any notable thresholds they don't.

4. Luna + Sol is a bad combo due to Sol taking precedence over Luna- if you need a pseudo-Aether for whatever reason Sol/Astra is better (Vaike!Nah doesn't have that though). Wrath is also bad when not combined with high crit weapons. Vaike!Nah's best bet is an Axefaire Hero with only one of Sol/Luna depending on context.

5. Lucina should always be running both Aether and Luna unless she's a hard support for VV strats on extreme challenge runs. It outdamages even Agg on average, let alone a Faire.

1. Better, yes. But he's also still a better lead than the whole cast. You need to account for his setups and who can lead and not. After all pairings are done, he's left with choosing Morgan or Lucina as a lead or support, and Olivia!Lucina is arguably better as a support than a lead unit.

2. I agree completely! I only said Wrath was cool. If you reread that last sentence, you'll notice I point out that VVW: "but it's not completely reliable unless you calculate for 100% dual strikes -- and if you go the Sorcerer-route with Aversa's Night, the damage isn't consistent... " -- I'm just juggling ideas.

3. I'll concede on this one. Hero Kjelle has a bit of a bias on my side, but I did mention Paladin and Wyvern Lord.

4. I never do non-GF Nah's (I'm not experienced with tanks in generalthem), so I see your point. But if he wants Nah to lead, I still think Nah's best option is Manakete. On consideration though, without GF she's kinda stuck as a support, and Manakete's aren't a very good support class...

5. You're absolutely right. I don't know why I forgot about the Aether/Luna stacking.

So I'm at Chapter 7 in my Lunatic run, and female Avatar is a level 5 Pegasus Knight and has a S support with Chrom. Should I promote female Avatar at level 10 to get to Dark Flier sooner?

Panne is turning out pretty well, so I plan on trying to use her, Cordelia and Nowi in the long run. I will Second Seal Panne to Wyvern at level 10 since I got another Second Seal from the shopkeeper. Who would be good potential S pairings for them? I'm thinking Lon'Qu for Panne, maybe Henry for Cordelia and Gregor or Gaius for Nowi. I haven't used my other units much so they are all pretty far behind.

If you're grinding later, there's absolutely no reason for you to go higher than Lv 10 as a Pegasus Knight. So I'd say promote when the opportunity arises :)

Both Panne and Cordelia really like Stahl and Lon'qu, so whichever you prefer for the two :) If you're doing Henry!Severa for the sake of Axefaire, Vaike is the better choice as Severa doesn't care about the Troubadour- or Thief-tree. Vaike also offers Luna (and Pavise if you care about that). Gregor is another good option for both Severa and Nowi. Gaius!Nah is better.

If you do Gaius!Nah, make sure you pass down Sol.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but what would be a good asset/flaw for a MU!Kjelle going for Axefaire Wyvern Lord? Yeah I know MUxSully not optimal etc, but this is for favoritism sakes. But hey, if I'm gonna do favoritism, I might as well do it to her strengths.

I was thinking +spd for an asset since that stacks with Sully's mods the best, but I'm not sure what to do for the flaw. I have a personal preference for +str MUs, but Sully's negative str mod (which is bullshit IMO given her character) doesn't work as well with it so idk

Also would dread fighter be a decent enough support for an AF Wyvern? It's mainly because I want to pair Laurent with Kjelle, but I want them to synergise and I don't want to play magical Kjelle.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm focusing on the main story this Lunatic run and trying to avoid grinding unless I get stuck, as I had mentioned before. Any pairings are pretty much for main game purposes to make the pair a better combat unit, as the only kids I will bother using are Lucina and probably male Morgan.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but what would be a good asset/flaw for a MU!Kjelle going for Axefaire Wyvern Lord? Yeah I know MUxSully not optimal etc, but this is for favoritism sakes. But hey, if I'm gonna do favoritism, I might as well do it to her strengths.

I was thinking +spd for an asset since that stacks with Sully's mods the best, but I'm not sure what to do for the flaw. I have a personal preference for +str MUs, but Sully's negative str mod (which is bullshit IMO given her character) doesn't work as well with it so idk

Also would dread fighter be a decent enough support for an AF Wyvern? It's mainly because I want to pair Laurent with Kjelle, but I want them to synergise and I don't want to play magical Kjelle.

-Def as a flaw is best for postgame. DF gives good pair-up bonuses, but you might also want to look into Dark Knight for Laurent as it has better Mag (if you want him to deal more damage) caps IIRC. DF-pairup on the other hand gives Kjelle more strength and speed, which in my opinion is the better choice.

+Spd has great synergy with Sully's mods, but leaves her with neutral strength. +Str is also good however, you might also want to look into +Skill. Really just depends on what role you want Sully to fulfill. Hey that rhymed

I'm focusing on the main story this Lunatic run and trying to avoid grinding unless I get stuck, as I had mentioned before. Any pairings are pretty much for main game purposes to make the pair a better combat unit, as the only kids I will bother using are Lucina and probably male Morgan.

If you have seals available, I'd still go for the early promote. If you still think you need the extra levels as a Pegasus Knight and don't think that you'll be able to reclass when your Avatar hits max level, then wait till you're level 20 before you promote.

If only for main game, Henry is a good partner for Cordelia.

Edit: If you're using Panne, get her to level 15 before you reclass! Beastbane is a saving grace during the Valm arc. Nowi still prefers Assassin Gaius for the extra speed bonus to avoid getting doubled.

Edited by Val'air

Edit: If you're using Panne, get her to level 15 before you reclass! Beastbane is a saving grace during the Valm arc. Nowi still prefers Assassin Gaius for the extra speed bonus to avoid getting doubled.

Beastbane only activates when Panne is in the Taguel class, so it's irrelevant once you reclass to Wyvern.

I was disappointed the first time I got Beastbane. I thought it was awesome then I read the "Taguel only" part.

I've got S female Avatar/Chrom (my best team by far they are nearly invincible now) and S Fred/Sumia (Fred is still really good and Sumia gives him nice SPD and flying). I think I'm going to go for S Panne/Lon'Qu and eventually S Cordelia/Henry (with Gregor filling in for now). Nowi will be warming the bench. I think that'll be it for this run, unless Cherche proves overly useful (though I doubt it).

Edit: If you're using Panne, get her to level 15 before you reclass! Beastbane is a saving grace during the Valm arc.

No it isn't. Beast Killers hit the same targets harder, and that's ignoring the fact that Beastbane only works for Taguels.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Since you're FeMU, for optimizing Morgan, you should marry a 2nd gen character. What is your asset and flaw?

For optimizing, I recommend:

Sage Ricken!Owain

Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia

Hero Stahl!Severa

Berserker Lon'qu!Yarne

Sage Gregor!Laurent

Brady really only cares about mods, so from the remaining fathers we're looking at Virion or Libra.

Virion's mods: Libra's mods:

Str -2 Mag +3 Skl +4 Spd +3 Lck +3 Def -4 Res +3 Str -2 Mag +4 Skl +3 Spd +1 Lck +3 Def -2 Res +4

Outside of having +1 Mag higher than Virion, Libra also offers Sorcerer. But in the end, you'll want Brady as a Sage, so I'd recommend going for Virion because of better Skill and Speed mods.

The Galeforce-boys (Inigo, Owain, Brady) should run LB/GF/Aggressor/Luna/Faire. Inigo has the choice between Swordfaire Paladin, Axefaire Berserker or Bowfaire Assassin/Sniper. I'd recommend Sniper simply because of Longbow/Double Bow. The girls want to run similar setups, only replacing Aggressor with another proc skill.

It's a fact that females are better leads (aside from Morgan), and so the rest of the boys lack GF and should therefore be hard supports. Skill setups generally include a combination between LB/Aggressor/Faire and then two skills of your choice between DSp+/Anathema (Hex)/DG+/Deliverer and HR+20/Breaker (for increased hit rate whenever that would be needed). Armsthrift is always a good choice. Laurent makes for a great lead with Armsthrift+VVW in both Sage and Sorcerer, but it's not completely reliable unless you calculate for 100% dual strikes -- and if you go the Sorcerer-route with Aversa's Night, the damage isn't consistent...

Kjelle works best as a Helswath Hero, but also functions well in classes like Paladin or Wyvern Lord, since you have both Lance- and Axefaire. Nah generally wants to remain as a Manakete with Luna+Sol (Wrath is also cool if you passed that down), but she can also do Axefaire Hero/Wyvern Lord support. Great Knight is also an option, but...meh. Noire works well as an Assassin/Sniper or Dark Knight/Dark Flier/Falcon Knight. You're missing Tomefaire, so tome-classes aren't as good as they could be, but they still work since you have access to Sword- and Lancefaire.

Lucina wants LB/GF/DS+/Luna or Aether/Sword- or Lancefaire. Lucina x Morgan makes for a pretty broken pair.

Personal advice: if you do or don't go with the pairings listed, I think you should just experiment with different sets and things you prefer. There is no end-all-be-all skill-list. While some are way more optimal than others, less optimal setups still get the job done. I'm doing PavGis Frederick!Owain right now, and it's terrible. But I still like it, haha. You want to have fun with the game after all, and avoid letting it become work...unless that's your thing.

RESCUE IS YOUR BESTFRIEND.

Thanks for the advice. (The playthrough is Classic/hard but is aimed at the challenge geared DLC)

As requested my MU's flaw is defense and my asset is mag I think. I've been grinding the 1st gen characters to see which get broken first its no surprise but it didn't take a day for my MU to cap everything w/ limit breaker(after being a no reclass Grandmaster all game)

yep checked MY MU's stats they correspond to the caps for a +mag-def MU w/ LB

Stahl and Cordelia have been married and their working out though I haven't gotten Severa what skill do you recommend having Stahl pass I don't think he has any unique skills so I'm thinking Swordfaire but Luna is an option as well.

Henry and Sumia are already married actually they were paired soon after getting Henry as Sumia really appreciated the mag bonus it also helped that she got mag blessed in the run I think that around lv 12 as a dark flier her mag overtook her strength w/out pair up. I am uncertain what skill to have him pass on though normally I pass axefaire but I don't see it coming in handy as only general and war cleric use axes in Cynthia's set and neither is a good final class for a gale force user. Wrath is useless and counter is only good on AI... Is there any of them worth it?

so the missing males are best as magic supports? I'm kind of sad about that as it just feels wrong for Owain to be in a magical class... (I don't think he could sit still to even read the title of a tome let alone use it...)

It looks like I'll have some grinding as Muriel Gregor Lon'qu Ricken Maribelle Libra Panne Donnel(outside of postgame child prep) never saw the light of day after being recruited (I'm sorry Lon'qu but do we really need so many sword users?)

After starting training a few questions about characters such as Muriel, Ricken Viron and Gregor how long does it take to make them well usable? After running them through several classes their stats remain abysmal and they have trouble killing risen from encounters on ch 13 and up where promotes appear... for example Gregor has high strength skill & HP but is so slow and has so low luck that he gets doubled and crited by everything he can't OHKO... As a swordmaster... which if they are a magic unit kills him... :(

If they are to be a father

What about rightful king on Inigo? Its fairly unique to him so I was planning to use it on him... Is the sniper choice for counter avoidance? I usually use Mire spam to soften them to killing range but is that impossible in the end tier DLC? In most FE I generally avoid the bow user classes as they are useless in the enemy phase...

And yeah Rescue for life <3

-Def as a flaw is best for postgame. DF gives good pair-up bonuses, but you might also want to look into Dark Knight for Laurent as it has better Mag (if you want him to deal more damage) caps IIRC. DF-pairup on the other hand gives Kjelle more strength and speed, which in my opinion is the better choice.

+Spd has great synergy with Sully's mods, but leaves her with neutral strength. +Str is also good however, you might also want to look into +Skill. Really just depends on what role you want Sully to fulfill. Hey that rhymed

Alright, thanks. I'll run the numbers and see what I like best out of them.

But on Yarne's behalf, with Stahl as the Father, I plan on having Yarne as a Beserker. Thing is, due to Panne not passing down her Wyvern Line, I'm debating on LanceBreaker, or SwordBreaker.

LanceBreaker for the purpose of avoiding Beast Killers, or SwordBreakers, due to him being an Axe Wielder.

For everything but Apo, Swordbreaker will be better due to covering WTD. However, in Apo there are very few swords, none of them being threatening, so it's not actually likely to see much use. When I use Stahl!Yarne I usually just wind up passing Deliverer for non-Apo purposes.

1. Better, yes. But he's also still a better lead than the whole cast. You need to account for his setups and who can lead and not. After all pairings are done, he's left with choosing Morgan or Lucina as a lead or support, and Olivia!Lucina is arguably better as a support than a lead unit.

4. I never do non-GF Nah's (I'm not experienced with tanks in generalthem), so I see your point. But if he wants Nah to lead, I still think Nah's best option is Manakete. On consideration though, without GF she's kinda stuck as a support, and Manakete's aren't a very good support class...

I don't want to do numbers for every single female lead so you'll just have to take my word that having a S support with Aggressor (and possible/likely procstack up front) beats out Agg up front in every scenario. Morgan-M may be the best suited Galeboy to lead, but he's still a worse lead than all the females (including non-GF Nah, as I'll address next).

Nah shouldn't be trying to tank in Apo. It doesn't work. Outside she can try, but inside the idea for her is to pack a somewhat normal female lead set sans GF (hence the somewhat, she's got so many free skillslots that she can do an insane amount of stuff), have her husband take a kill, activate GF, and switch to her for the last kill. This both lets their pair have one turn of Agg support (as opposed to none), and lets Nah end up front, which is good as she tends to have more Mov than her husband due to the possibility of Deliverer. Her main sets for this are Vaike!Nah@Hero (Luna/Axefaire) and Henry!Nah@Valkyrie (Vengeance/Tomefaire or Aura stack).

+Spd will be amazing on her. Keep in mind that Sully's Skl/Spd mods are actually on par with Cordelia's- GF really is the only thing holding that pair back. The children will both be fine.

I don't know if you're using DLC but having a +7 Spd Wyvern allows you to double every enemy in Apo without All+2 and with a +3 Spd support (Berserker/Hero), which is great. With no DLC, it puts her at 45 Spd alone which doubles everything ingame with a +1 Spd pairup (Dread Fighter) and no Tonics/Rallies (51 Spd total, fastest promoted class is 46). So Dread Fighter Laurent will work nicely there, though if you're packing Gregor/Stahl!Laurent he's actually pretty good at going physical as well as magical- he'll be able to make use of DF's other weapons, or even go Berserker, BK or Hero (Gregor only).

-Def will be fine. You could go -Lck if you want to preserve a bit of Wyvern's tankiness but with Sully's -1 Def mod that's kind of moot anyway. Definitely don't go -Mag/Res though as that will cause you to lose both the Apo and ingame Spd thresholds on Morgan/Kjelle.

What about rightful king on Inigo? Its fairly unique to him so I was planning to use it on him... Is the sniper choice for counter avoidance? I usually use Mire spam to soften them to killing range but is that impossible in the end tier DLC? In most FE I generally avoid the bow user classes as they are useless in the enemy phase...

RK is useful on Inigo when he first arrives due to boosting both Sol and AT, but not very good later since there are other skills with priority over it. Sniper is for insane Skl + ranged braves or Longbows, both of which are very useful in Apo. Mire to soften stuff doesn't really work because between not doubling, no DSes, Dragonskin, possible Aegis+ and high Res it rarely does much (10-20 damage, which is never going to put something in OHKO range). Every class is pretty much useless in enemy phase on Apo due to dying from getting swarmed by 80+ Atk units with high proc rates and whatnot, so it's not a con unique to Bows there.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

+Spd will be amazing on her. Keep in mind that Sully's Skl/Spd mods are actually on par with Cordelia's- GF really is the only thing holding that pair back. The children will both be fine.

I don't know if you're using DLC but having a +7 Spd Wyvern allows you to double every enemy in Apo without All+2 and with a +3 Spd support (Berserker/Hero), which is great. With no DLC, it puts her at 45 Spd alone which doubles everything ingame with a +1 Spd pairup (Dread Fighter) and no Tonics/Rallies (51 Spd total, fastest promoted class is 46). So Dread Fighter Laurent will work nicely there, though if you're packing Gregor/Stahl!Laurent he's actually pretty good at going physical as well as magical- he'll be able to make use of DF's other weapons, or even go Berserker, BK or Hero (Gregor only).

-Def will be fine. You could go -Lck if you want to preserve a bit of Wyvern's tankiness but with Sully's -1 Def mod that's kind of moot anyway. Definitely don't go -Mag/Res though as that will cause you to lose both the Apo and ingame Spd thresholds on Morgan/Kjelle.

I have DLC, though not all of them. Didn't get All+2 since I didn't want to pay for Micaiah's art; Is there something that works in its absence or is LB itself enough for Apo?

Will probably do -Def; -Luck also hurts strength and I don't want to drop to -1 str on them even considering Axefaire.

I'm not sure what I'm doing with Laurent yet tbh, but considering I've been hearing about how amazing Gregor!Laurent is I think I'm leaning towards that.

I was disappointed the first time I got Beastbane. I thought it was awesome then I read the "Taguel only" part.

My mistake. I completely forgot the "Taguel only" part.

As requested my MU's flaw is defense and my asset is mag I think.

Stahl and Cordelia have been married and their working out though I haven't gotten Severa what skill do you recommend having Stahl pass I don't think he has any unique skills so I'm thinking Swordfaire but Luna is an option as well.

I am uncertain what skill to have him pass on though normally I pass axefaire but I don't see it coming in handy as only general and war cleric use axes in Cynthia's set and neither is a good final class for a gale force user. Wrath is useless and counter is only good on AI... Is there any of them worth it?

so the missing males are best as magic supports? I'm kind of sad about that as it just feels wrong for Owain to be in a magical class... (I don't think he could sit still to even read the title of a tome let alone use it...)

After starting training a few questions about characters such as Miriel, Ricken, Virion and Gregor how long does it take to make them well usable?

For magic beast Morgan, marry Owain. Gregor!Laurent is the better option in case you want Morgan to fill a non-magic role. But I'd recommend you marry Virion!Brady instead, because he offers better Skl and Spd modifiers. Morgan will hit +9 Mag with Owain, and +7 with both Laurent and Brady.

Unless you want Astra on Severa, pass Swordfaire. Pass Luna if you don't care about DG+. Stahl has no unique skills that Severa can't get on her own.

Axefaire is pointless on Cynthia, so you might as well just pass Counter for Streetpass. Unless you don't care about having a Male-only skill, then just pass her whatever.

Unfortunately, children are based on their mothers and as Lissa has a fantastic -2 Str mod, for optimizing, Owain really shouldn't be using his sword hand. You can still class him into Dark Knight or Dread Fighter though if you want to use the sword now and then, but Sage is better overall.

That really depends on what you're intending to use them for. If you don't care much about them, I'd recommend just getting them a skill they want to pass down, get them hitched and bench them. You only want their spawn after all.

I don't want to do numbers for every single female lead so you'll just have to take my word that having a S support with Aggressor (and possible/likely procstack up front) beats out Agg up front in every scenario. Morgan-M may be the best suited Galeboy to lead, but he's still a worse lead than all the females (including non-GF Nah, as I'll address next).

Nah shouldn't be trying to tank in Apo. It doesn't work. Outside she can try, but inside the idea for her is to pack a somewhat normal female lead set sans GF (hence the somewhat, she's got so many free skillslots that she can do an insane amount of stuff), have her husband take a kill, activate GF, and switch to her for the last kill. This both lets their pair have one turn of Agg support (as opposed to none), and lets Nah end up front, which is good as she tends to have more Mov than her husband due to the possibility of Deliverer. Her main sets for this are Vaike!Nah@Hero (Luna/Axefaire) and Henry!Nah@Valkyrie (Vengeance/Tomefaire or Aura stack).

No need for the numbers. I'm well aware that Aggressor does more damage overall in support. I'm not saying you're wrong, far from it. But I do think you're letting optimization cloud your sight if you're saying that Vaike!Nah would perform better than Morgan as a lead. Regardless of where Aggressor does the most damage. But let's agree to disagree.

I did something similar like that with Gerome x Inigo before. So I can see how it works, I just never really considered that as a proper setup. In case you were still in range of the enemy, you wouldn't really want your support unit in the front...then again, Rescue exists so that point is kinda mute.

On the other hand...I can see Aura-stacking, but Vantageless Vengeance???

1. Morgan is the best lead unit in the game for Apo. He's also the best support unit as well. It's not that either of you are right or wrong. He can be the best V/V Sage and he can be the best Sniper and he can be the best Supporting Sage and the best Supporting Hero or whatever. Depends on what your opportunity cost means to you. Being an aggressor support means you lose out on the best V/V unit. Being a V/V unit means you lose out on the best hard support too.

2. Vengeance doesn't need any bolstering skills--even as a standalone I'd argue it's the best skill in the game for what it brings to the table.

I have DLC, though not all of them. Didn't get All+2 since I didn't want to pay for Micaiah's art; Is there something that works in its absence or is LB itself enough for Apo?

No, +Spd Avatar!Kjelle specifically gets there without All+2 which is why she's so good. LB will be plenty on them (try LB/GF/AF/Ignis/Luna).

So what male only skill should Henry pass to Cynthia? Both parents have all available skills & maxed stats (w/ LB...)

I'm thinking either Rally Strength or Axefaire... But don't know if that best...

Despoil for goofing around, otherwise it doesn't matter because you won't use any of them.

On the other hand...I can see Aura-stacking, but Vantageless Vengeance???

Vengeance is an offensive skill that's used to boost damage. You can use it to get KOes on EP, and you can use it just as well to get KOes on PP. I consider it roughly equal with Luna in terms of overall usefulness and as an offensive proc, but in the hands of somebody who knows what it is and how to repeatedly reliably set it up, it's far better due to the 100% activation rate and usually higher damage boost. It also doesn't require 100% DS/Hit to be "safe" since you can choose your battles with more freedom and fight something that won't kill you in case of failure (such as engaging NS at 1-range).

So I totally goofed up yesterday. I completed Chapter 13, saved, then went to see Lucina when I realized...I passed Rally Movement instead of Veteran. It was too late to fix it too, because I didn't have a backup save. I opted to start over again, because Veteran is super important, and because I learned that using other units than the family of death wasn't really working out. Tharja was still great (Dark Magic of couse), but outside of the few desert stages, Cordelia and Wyveren Panne were lackluster. This time I am going to make sure Veteran is always in the last slot, and focus entirely on the family, except for Tharja and maybe Nowi as support. I'm already on Chapter 6, and my Avatar is kicking butt already since I played better and relied less on Fred. I still want to go the Galeforce route first, but she has gained way more STR than MAG, which is kind of annoying.

My pairs are female Avatar/Chrom, Fred/Sumia (I love this pair), male Morgan/Lucina and I'm thinking Tharja/Lon'Qu (gives her SPD and SKL which she needs) and for Nowi either Gaius or Gregor. I had totally forgotten about buying a Dragonstone+ from Spotpass last time, so I will give it a shot this time and see if Nowi proves useful.

Hello there!

I've been slowly working on my pairings and so far I have;

• Chrom x Sumia (Great Lord Lucina and I have not recruited Cynthia yet)
  • Vaike x Lissa (Swordmaster Owain, thinking of changing to Dread Fighter maybe?)
  • Ricken x Miriel (Haven't recruited Laurent yet)
  • Lon'qu x Cordelia (Assassin Severa)
  • Donnel x Nowi (Manakete Nah)

I have Female!MU (I actually forgot her assets/flaws this is awkward) Olivia, Tharja, Panne, Cherche, Maribelle and Sully left looking for a partner.
I have the following males left available to pair up: Gaius, Frederick, Virion, Stahl, Kellam, Gregor, Libra and Henry.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Edited by Emily

Can male Morgan and Lucina never get an S under any circumstances, or it is only because they are siblings in this case? Isn't there a special S rank for siblings called "Companion" or something like that?

I guess I'll just stick to the Family of Doom, Tharja and maybe Henry, though the latter joins pretty late when Tharja is already easily promoted by Chapter 13.

Edited by Eselred

Siblings can't ever marry. The game doesn't stop your from marrying a nephew off to his aunt, or a niece to her uncle.

I have read that the english localization tries to cover it up by calling them "companion" instead of wife/husband, but apparently it doesn't work in some instances.

Morgan (pardon the terrible pun) screws it up in that regard (I mean the game...).

Edited by Knusperkeks