Spd is right, but DS seems fishy since it only takes 4 points of Skl for 1% of DS (so you could have a .75% or a .0%, but not a .875%).

DS is also rounded down to the nearest %, so if Skl+2 doesn't bump you up a point, it's probably worth replacing it with Deliverer (Atk wise, Str+2 will grant a much bigger boost than the extra 2% Luna). Actually, even if it does bump you up a DS% point, it's probably worth going with Deliverer instead, unless it somehow makes the difference between 99% and 100%. According to my chart, though, the best Fred!Noire x Vaike!Gerome can do is a flat 99% (assuming no Barracks and no Defender, and Gerome as an Assassin instead of a Hero).

Okay thank you, I'm going to try them out as Sniper x Hero and see how they turn out.

What class should I use for Chrom and Sumia? Bow Knight and Dark Flier?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerome is a high Str +0 support, and Hero Lon'qu!Severa is pretty much ran exclusively for that, so that's a must have. Make sure to put All+2 on Severa. Sadly, you seem to be 1 Skl short of having a backup option of 100% DS Hero x Sniper (unless you were to use Assassin, which is inefficient), so swapping Stahl and Virion is a consideration. Since you're not running Yarne with the intent to do 100% DS, the -1 Skl likely won't be a huge loss.

Noire next, since she's not no GF and needs dibs on a Galeboy. Brady and Owain seem to be your only choices; neither will be fast enough to make a difference so you may as well use Owain for the Mov. Unfortunately, this will be a pair where neither side can double Thronie (unless Noire has All+2 and a DF Owain support)- in fact, Noire will need All+2 to avoid being doubled by Anna (Owain should just barely scrape by without it). You might not be seeing much mileage out of them.

Now that that's done, taking quick stock of your +Hit Berserkers, and you have two. Cynthia doesn't need one, Lucina might like one (but is also cool with DF Owain, if Noire gets Brady instead), Kjelle can go with one or a +0. You don't actually have any +0s left though, so might as well give Kjelle one (she'll be a procstack Wyvern with no All+2). The other and Owain (if not with Noire) can be split with Cynthia and Lucina- if it's Brady, he'll need to go with Cynthia. Thus...

Severa x Gerome

Noire x Owain(either)/Brady

Lucina x Owain(DF)/Laurent/Yarne

Cynthia x Owain(either)/Brady/Laurent/Yarne

Kjelle x Laurent/Yarne

If you wind up with Cynthia x Yarne, All+2 on Falco Cynthia and All+2/Skl+2 Sniper Stahl!Yarne can hit 100% DS, so consider doing that over Hit+20 Berserker.

Hmm it seems I accidentally limited myself now did I? Oh well. If needed I can change up classes too, so that's relatively open. I have all the parents already done though unfortunately so I can't swap Virion and Stahl.

Okay thank you, I'm going to try them out as Sniper x Hero and see how they turn out.

What class should I use for Chrom and Sumia? Bow Knight and Dark Flier?

Well, regardless of what classes you put them in, they're going to reek due to missing GF. I was just checking your calcs, if it was my team I'd bench them for more Staffbot room.

Chrom and Sumia will be awesome no matter how you class them. Chrom usually goes GK or BK for Hard Support roles and Sniper as a non-GF lead, Sumia goes with anything with high Mov. DF x BK definitely works.

Also, I've got a question for all you guys: does anyone actually use the links in my sig? There's a limit on how many you can put in there, and since most of that stuff isn't too hard to find normally I'm considering replacing some of them with rarer resources and plugs (such as Int's threads).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Speaking of Sumia, can she do okay as a Falcon Knight? I know her str will reek, but I'm kind of slavish to unique models. Chrom would probably be a Paladin to help mitigate.

As for your sig, I use all those pages, or especially the first two and the last three, though I got them from googling, and didn't notice you had them conveniently put there.

Edited by Radiant head

Well, regardless of what classes you put them in, they're going to reek due to missing GF. I was just checking your calcs, if it was my team I'd bench them for more Staffbot room.

Chrom and Sumia will be awesome no matter how you class them. Chrom usually goes GK or BK for Hard Support roles and Sniper as a non-GF lead, Sumia goes with anything with high Mov. DF x BK definitely works.

Also, I've got a question for all you guys: does anyone actually use the links in my sig? There's a limit on how many you can put in there, and since most of that stuff isn't too hard to find normally I'm considering replacing some of them with rarer resources and plugs (such as Int's threads).

Alrighty, thanks so much again!

(Also, without your sig I wouldn't have known there was Enemy Data so that's certainly useful).

Edited by Shinshia

Sometimes. I still like to talk to you about pairings, since I"m kinda scrubby at kids like this. Not like FE4.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, December 27, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, December 27, 2015 - No reason given

She can do Falco, yeah. Between DSt+ and Luna, she's got more than enough killing power already.

In that case, I think I'll just switch out the first two, and leave the last four. Thanks!

Hey, can someone help me out with finding a good Apo class and husband for Olivia!Lucina? I'm hesitant to make her a pure frontliner, and since I don't have any physical galeboys besides her brother (who is basically stuck with Vaike!Nah), I'm honestly considering just trying to go magical with DF. My options are Gregor!Gerome, Stahl!Yarne, Virion!Brady, Ricken!Owain!Morgan, and Libra!Laurent. Other kids are Chrom!Inigo, Henry!Cynthia, Gaius!Noire, Lon'qu!Severa, and Donnel!Kjelle. Should I just cut down the team and ditch both Nah and a non-Galeboy? Some advice would be great.

~Dual Strike+

~Luna

~Aether

~Lancefaire

~Limit Breaker

No Galeforce?

Lucina always goes LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DSt+ outside of threshold builds. She'd make a good Bride, if you want to use one, or a GL if not (Berserkers for both). In terms of 8 Mov classes, she can use Bow Knight (a good place for a Warrior/Sage). You could also try Dark Flier or Sage, but there are no magical male +3 Spd classes, which really limits those as options.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, December 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, December 28, 2015 - No reason given

~Dual Strike+

~Luna

~Aether

~Lancefaire

~Limit Breaker

No Galeforce?

Lucina always goes LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DSt+ outside of threshold builds. She'd make a good Bride, if you want to use one, or a GL if not (Berserkers for both). In terms of 8 Mov classes, she can use Bow Knight (a good place for a Warrior/Sage). You could also try Dark Flier or Sage, but there are no magical male +3 Spd classes, which really limits those as options.

Is Nah pretty much the only great kid that Vaike has? When I thought about switching him for Henry on Nah, I realized that he isn't very good anywhere else. The Galeboys are pretty crap when he's the father. His Severa is good, but outclassed by Virion and Lon'qu. Yarne and Gerome are alright, but outclassed by Dark Mage/Archer dads. Kjelle is okay, but would so rather have Gaius or Donnel.

I guess that leaves Noire, and even that only works if I hadn't done Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire.

Nah, Noire and Severa, pretty much.

I've got him on Yarne for 100% DS purposes, but that's not very fun. Aside from the lack of +Hit for Apo, there's also a severe lack of classes for postgame- just Barb, Fighter, and Thief. Three base classes, none of which are great by themselves, and an overlapping promotion- there are 1st gen units who have more classes than him.

Vaike should be a really good dad- he's got everything a non-magical girl with GF and no proc could possibly want. Unfortunately, there isn't a single one of those, because Awakening is heavily biased toward females and all the Galegirls already have procs.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Nah, Noire and Severa, pretty much.

I've got him on Yarne for 100% DS purposes, but that's not very fun. Aside from the lack of +Hit for Apo, there's also a severe lack of classes for postgame- just Barb, Fighter, and Thief. Three base classes, none of which are great by themselves, and an overlapping promotion- there are 1st gen units who have more classes than him.

Vaike should be a really good dad- he's got everything a non-magical girl with GF and no proc could possibly want. Unfortunately, there isn't a single one of those, because Awakening is heavily biased toward females and all the Galegirls already have procs.

Axefaire + Luna on Severa is really nice though. I have really enjoyed Lon'qu Severa on my other file, but Vaike! Severa is a lot of fun, and when I say fun, I don't mean unviable in the least. As a Hero she has excellent Strength, Speed, and Skill. She also can make a very sturdy general. If Vengeance isn't a preferred proc for you (it isn't for me), Vaike is probably the best dad for her!

Falcon Knight is a class that a lot of people often avoid because of its low offenses (it rarely breaks 49 in most cases(, but Vaike! Severa actually gets all the way to 53 with it while still retaining excellent speed and skill!

Edited by Lucina's Husband

I did Vaike!Severa in one of my early runs, and it was pretty cool, though I so prefer Virion and Lon'qu there.

How does Chrom do as a hard support Great Knight? He has Hit+20/Charm to fix the skill issue that class has, and the class should be able to hit like a truck. The pair up bonuses seem to compliment Sumia pretty well, unlike Bow Knight or even Paladin.

Edited by Radiant head

I did Vaike!Severa in one of my early runs, and it was pretty cool, though I so prefer Virion and Lon'qu there.

How does Chrom do as a hard support Great Knight? He has Hit+20/Charm to fix the skill issue that class has, and the class should be able to hit like a truck. The pair up bonuses seem to compliment Sumia pretty well, unlike Bow Knight or even Paladin.

I've gotten more use out of Vaike! Severa than Vaike! Nah! When I used Vaike! Nah, it was usually only to compensate for Brady not hitting the Speed threshold he wanted because I had given him another father than Lon'qu. Vaike! Severa is totally one of her best options. Virion! Severa is an inferior Lon'qu! Severa (aside from that absolutely gorgeous and ethereal hair color) unless you're electing to use Tomefaire and a magic class or Bowfaire and an archer class, and again, that's assuming that you absolutely love using vengeance (your Luna options are Ricken for Magic and Stahl for bows).

He's pretty good. Usually if you're going with GK Chrom, forget about Spd thresholds and procs, and just go for guaranteed 6HKOes on everything.

Virion!Severa is an inferior Lon'qu Severa

Buh?

Their Wverns are pretty much identical, unless you count .25% DS and 1.5 Hit. Outside of that, Lon'qu can take a +0 Spd support and/or go for 100% DS with Hero, while Virion can switch to magical, or aim for 100% DS with Sniper. Seeing as two out of the three good Hard Support Berserkers (Henry!Gerome and Gregor!Laurent) also make very strong Sages, that's pretty great- Lon'qu!Severa only has one partner (Hit+20 Yarne) who can compliment all her roles at once.

They're pretty much on perfectly even footing, though if I had to give the edge to one it would be Virion- she's got Tomefaire for DK and Bowfaire for BK as non-Apo postgame options, and Lon'qu is more limited to doing the same things as in Apo.

I prefer Lon'qu myself because reclassing over and over, especially after the caps are hit, is so tedious that I don't care too much about versatility, and I like being able to use Hero for the unique model. But yeah, it's hard to really argue with all the different things Virion can do.

Sorry another question - is it possible for Donnel!Kjelle to use one of her default classes - General or Great Knight? Or is she way too slow. Probably pairing with Stahl!Inigo as a Bow Knight. I figure Paladin is the safe option, and will probably just go with that, but just checking if it's doable for her to be in comforable spd/skl thresholds this way.

Edited by Radiant head

He's pretty good. Usually if you're going with GK Chrom, forget about Spd thresholds and procs, and just go for guaranteed 6HKOes on everything.

Buh?

Their Wverns are pretty much identical, unless you count .25% DS and 1.5 Hit. Outside of that, Lon'qu can take a +0 Spd support and/or go for 100% DS with Hero, while Virion can switch to magical, or aim for 100% DS with Sniper. Seeing as two out of the three good Hard Support Berserkers (Henry!Gerome and Gregor!Laurent) also make very strong Sages, that's pretty great- Lon'qu!Severa only has one partner (Hit+20 Yarne) who can compliment all her roles at once.

They're pretty much on perfectly even footing, though if I had to give the edge to one it would be Virion- she's got Tomefaire for DK and Bowfaire for BK as non-Apo postgame options, and Lon'qu is more limited to doing the same things as in Apo.

Wouldn't Dark Flier or Sage be preferred over Dark Knight? Vengeance + Bows or Magic to a lesser extent just seem so counterintuitive to me. Are you supposed to slam into a magic user that won't kill you, start killing stuff, then move out of both your opponents and your own fortify range? I guess 1 skill and 1 speed isn't that big a deal for Wyvern, but for both Brady's Sage and Severa's Wyvern Lord, he is two points worse. I guess it's worse for Brady than Severa though--starting to realize that she can afford to have Virion because her stats and setups are so good.

Sorry another question - is it possible for Donnel!Kjelle to use one of her default classes - General or Great Knight? Or is she way too slow. Probably pairing with Stahl!Inigo as a Bow Knight. I figure Paladin is the safe option, and will probably just go with that, but just checking if it's doable for her to be in comforable spd/skl thresholds this way.

She can hit 69 in GK with no All+2 and General with All+2 with that support, so it's definitely doable. Unfortunately, GK will want to use the extra room for a procstack, but GKs have really bad Skl, so there's some clash there. Still worth considering as an option, especially if you want her to use Swordfaire for some reason. Sadly, General needing All+2 means you have no room for Deliverer, which combined with a +Mov support would make you very mobile.

Wouldn't Dark Flier or Sage be preferred over Dark Knight? Vengeance + Bows or Magic to a lesser extent just seem so counterintuitive to me. Are you supposed to slam into a magic user that won't kill you, start killing stuff, then move out of both your opponents and your own fortify range? I guess 1 skill and 1 speed isn't that big a deal for Wyvern, but for both Brady's Sage and Severa's Wyvern Lord, he is two points worse. I guess it's worse for Brady than Severa though--starting to realize that she can afford to have Virion because her stats and setups are so good.

DK is for non-Apo postgame, and it's typically better than the other two there once maxed (unless Staves or flight is important) due to decent Def and the lack of any real flaws.

Vengeance Snipers are really, really strong. 3-range 100% procs are worth any trouble you have in setting them up (taking an EP can be a good way to do this, if you don't get dodges or DGs). They're more valuable if you're doing a challenge run, or can get a Sage support (which Virion!Severa can easily do, thanks to Henry!Gerome and Gregor!Laurent), but even unpaired they're crazy.

1 Skl and 1 Spd count for absolutely nothing at all when you're already at 75 Spd and 100% Vengeance. That Hit and Avo should never matter. Switching to Virion isn't a loss in those stats for the same reason -Def isn't a loss as a flaw on Robin- they're stats you don't care about (anymore). On Brady, the Spd does matter slightly because with Lon'qu he can take a Valkyrie and with Virion he wants a DF or Hero, but with Severa's Wyvern all they do is let you use a Paladin if you want (and there's one good male Paladin- Inigo- and he doesn't want to be supported by a Wyvern in that class). The Spd does give you +0 Hero, but in terms of Wyverns they're functionally identical.

So im Reworking my pairings again as i didnt like how stuff ended up.

So far i got

Sumia!Lucina

RIcken!Owain

Donnel!Kjelle

Chrom!Cynthia

Henry!Gerome

Gregor!Laurent

Gaius!Noire

Vaike!Nah

Yarne!Morgan

i was thinking lon'qu Brady Virion!Severa ( can switch if needed)

Stahl!Yarne gets hit+20 but ends up giving -mag to morgan Libra!Yarne gets hexathema and worse stats but a +mag mod to morgan

Stahl!Inigo for physical while Libra gives access to Sage & doesnt hurt Str

which of these would be best? or should i change some of my other pairings around too? i have no attachement to any specific pairings just trying to optimize stuff for my "perfect" file my only requirement is that Morgan gets 50 Spd as a Sage with a +Spd Femu aka no -Spd mods for Yarne ( neutral ones are ok)

Edited by Animaillusionaria

I prefer Lon'qu myself because reclassing over and over, especially after the caps are hit, is so tedious that I don't care too much about versatility, and I like being able to use Hero for the unique model.

Yepyep, same. and my rin tohsaka

Does Virion do anything at all for Nah?

Why are you using Yarne!Morgan if you want him to be magical? Yarne is an extremely physical father, use Laurent or a Galeboy if you want magic.

Is that +50 Spd before or after pairup?

Before pairup

+0spd yarne with +Spd Femu make 50 base speed Morgan so i can run double sage pair up and still hit 75Spd

My thought is that

Morgan will marry Lucina for DST+

the mag mod doesnt matter because youll basicly be shifting it from Morgan to Lucina

Stahl!Yarne!Morgan is 4 points less magic than Laurent!Yarne!Morgan but hitting 50 Spd lets me run sage Lucina who has 4 more mag than DF morgan also gets an extra point of magic from pair up compared to DF

if i use Libra!Yarne the mag diffrence is even smaller.

edit: doesnt exclude physical morgan either as i can always go Hero with a wyvern/GK support and still hit 75spd

Edited by Animaillusionaria